This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

happy headed fucker
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
      You sticking with the streams m8?

Think I'm gonna fork out the 18e for the HD stream on the Xbox.
      I have BT m8. Hype Hype Hype.

Probably better off splashing out.

Comment

Hi De Ho Peeps

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Got knocked off my bike this morning by a moronic bollocks of a taxi driver. Fucking prick never looks up at all and drives straight out of the station, I only caught a tip off the side of his piece of shit taxi but ended up in a heap on the ground picking bits of road out of my knee arm and hands.
          Would have been annoyed at the stupidity and incompetence if it was an inexperienced driver but a fucking taxi driver who is making his living from driving FFS!
          Hopefully not permanent or long lasting and you'll be back to normal. Cycling over Islandbridge recently and a taxi driver couldn't wait a couple extra seconds for me to move ahead and decided to fly out in front of me and cut me off.
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Alan shatter on moncrieff now reading his poetry.heads up for the fanboys

Comment

I cycle in and out of the city centre every working day.
              Rightly or wrongly i have the same view of Taxi drivers as the rest of this forum .

But the biggest clueless fcuktards on Dublin roads are cyclists.
              I do end up in work angry at times.

I see a guy from time to time on the canal between Harolds x and Portobello. On the south side so not using the cycle track. The fucker has a kid on the handlebars and two kids on scooters on the path beside him. Causing havoc. That fucker should be locked up.

TD if that's the worst that's happened to you count yourself lucky. It's so unsafe in rush hours and sadly it's going to take ANOTHER fatal accident before anything is done.

Comment

I'd never feel cycle in town, risk seems way to high.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                  Hopefully not permanent or long lasting and you'll be back to normal. Cycling over Islandbridge recently and a taxi driver couldn't wait a couple extra seconds for me to move ahead and decided to fly out in front of me and cut me off.
                  This is where I keep getting cut off too btw.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  No serious incidents since HGVs banned tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

No serious incidents since HGVs banned tbh
                    More than plenty of serious incidents since they got banned.
                    Just no fatalities.

Comment

Anyone know any good midlevel PL-SQL developers or Mid level SQL DBA's

Having a mare finding the PL-SQL guys strangely

Comment

ow

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Mr Robot

SPOILER
                          Produces again. Not able for this one week an episode thing.
                          airport, lol

Comment

I don't know how people cycle on roads with children on the back. I just don't get it. Your proficiency as a cyclist is utterly irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Andy is your man there
                              Fucking Oracle is the devil
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                Just wanderin, im not off to anywhere thats the problem. I watch Michael Palin and similar travelogues and marvel at the adventures but when it comes to it i find it hard to pull the trigger and go somewhere especially where they dont speak english. I find enough problems where they do speak english.
                                I personally always found language barriers over-played. Sure it's better and easier if you speak a bit of the local tongue but if not body language and such like gets you through.

A random example is I arrived in some standard gigantic city in China, I think Guangzhou, and had to call the place I was staying at to get picked up but I didn't have a phone. I see some security guard in early 20's I guess chatting to his mates so go over and ask for a lend of his phone. None of them speak a word of English so just stare blankly at me. His phone is out so I very slowly and deliberately put my hand on his phone, give him thumbs up while I grip it for few seconds and slowly take it away. I imitate making phone call giving thumbs up and smiling and they all just laugh. I make phone call, sort that out , hand back phone, try to give him a few yuan but he refuses and just say thank you in Mandarin about the only word I knew.

When there's a will and all that.

Comment

Unbelievable end to the first women's semi. Mugurza serving at deuce for the match in a deciding set. Radwanska team shouts its out on a Mug return and Rad challenges just as she hits the return. Mug hits the return and its long. The Rad challenge stands. Ball is in and she wins the point and serves for the match.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Former poker players used to put "experienced with SQL" on their CV because pokertracker used it

Comment

Easily two of the most bizarre Irish articles I've read recently

The sun is up, the Chablis is chilling and the shrimp is grilling on the BBQ - but the terraces and gardens of south county Dublin are notably quiet.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Easily two of the most bizarre Irish articles I've read recently

The sun is up, the Chablis is chilling and the shrimp is grilling on the BBQ - but the terraces and gardens of south county Dublin are notably quiet.

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/un...blin-1.2274200
                                          The Indo one is surely a piss take

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                            Andy is your man there
                                            I need some SQL DBA's as well - mid level again which is a real pain in the nuts. People with 3 years are trying to pretend they are senior and getting in a huff when I tell them they can be midlevel or they can be junior in my eyes

Comment

FIFA World Rankings released. Wales are 10th. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                Andy is your man there
                                                You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I'd be a junior at PL/SQL. It's not rocket surgery, though. Anyone with half a brain can lash a stored procedure together. I'm sure the company will be demanding three years of dedicated experience anyway because the IT industry is fucking retarded.

I used to work for a company that used it heavily so I know a few experts. Will PM you Richie.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

It's the 9th of July so that can only mean one thing people

IPB Fantasy Football is back again!

This year we have more ways to take your money leagues than ever! more prizes! more bonus features! more chance for upsets!

Click on the link in my signature and sign up now for your shot at literally hundreds of old style €€€'s

30 sleeps left till kick-off, don't miss the IPB event of the year.
                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                    Mr Robot

SPOILER
                                                    SPOILER
                                                    I'm kinda dubious that it'll be able to maintain the standard with the convoluted plots but loving it so far. Rami Malek seems a phenomenal actor.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                    FIFA World Rankings released. Wales are 10th. lol.
                                                    They're in pot 1 for the world cup draw with Italy/France in pot 2. Crazy ranking system for that to happen.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Facebook friends in the cloud, becoming popular with the crowd,
                                                      Devoted followers living online.

Fabricated world on which to dine, dedicated tweeter, something to say,
                                                      So much neater, 140 characters at play.

Actively engaged in world affairs, brief profundities, but no one cares,
                                                      Lots of likes and notifications too.

Social applause, globalised zoo, moribund existence, intellectual cul de sac,
                                                      Cyberspace capture, gotta get back on track.

The sun is shining, The day is bright,
                                                      Need to meet real people, and go fly a kite.
                                                      -Alan Shatter
                                                      Last edited by Guest; 09-07-15, 15:16.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                        Mr Robot

SPOILER
                                                        Fuck you for telling me about this m8. I could have binged 2 seasons in 2 years time but now I must wait in pain
                                                        Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                        SPOILER
                                                        I'm kinda dubious that it'll be able to maintain the standard with the convoluted plots but loving it so far. Rami Malek seems a phenomenal actor.
                                                        SPOILER
                                                        He's so fucking good. The writing for his character and how he plays it is amazing. That scene in ep3 where Steal My Sunshine plays and he's drinking starbucks looking at the bright side of life was class. Absolutely nailing the swings of a messed up head.

Originally posted by The Situation
                                                        They're in pot 1 for the world cup draw with Italy/France in pot 2. Crazy ranking system for that to happen.
                                                        ELO is a lot more accurate. It really is amazing how FIFA can be so bad at all aspects of their job.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                          SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                          have the same fear unfortunately but it's delivering so far so let's hope.
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

I wonder what the terms are for PP bet regarding Greece leaving the EZ.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0d7aba02-2...#ixzz3fPKUvK5g

“Completing a new series of notes takes a minimum of one year. Usually central banks start much earlier,” said Bernd Kuemmerle, of Giesecke & Devrient, a Munich-based banknote producer. “You need to do it right. Notes have to function throughout the complete cash cycle, in ATMs and banknote processing machines. And people need to trust that banknotes have a counter value.”

Comment

Some good quotes in this article linked on popbitch about yes voters reactions in greece
                                                              The 39% of Greeks who voted "yes" in the referendum on austerity are coming to terms with defeat and feel the discredited opposition parties may need replacing with a single pro-EU movement.

The Yes side is completely discredited because they're associated with the old political system," says Costis Zombanakis, a Harvard-educated millionaire businessman and basketball impresario. He campaigned for a "yes" vote but said his side didn't have a clear pitch to the nation. "The No side had a simple message. They said, 'The Germans are cunts and [former prime minister] Samaras is a cunt.' On the Yes side you're not going to win by talking about liberal European values when No's message is that the Germans are cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                The Indo one is surely a piss take
                                                                No it's a Niamh Horan article, irony is not her thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                  No it's a Niamh Horan article, irony is not her thing.
                                                                  I that one before, she's a special one
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

ELO is a lot more accurate. It really is amazing how FIFA can be so bad at all aspects of their job.
                                                                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...ll_Elo_Ratings
                                                                    Plenty of puzzlements in the ELO rankings as well, three Concacafs in the top 20 (and the USA would be a Pot 1 team for this draw if they were European which is Wales levels of wrongness). Ecuador look 20 spots too high also.
                                                                    Rankings are tricky.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                          Why is Wales ranked so high in the FIFA one? It just focuses too much on recent performances?
                                                                          No idea m8. Wouldn't waste what precious little space I have in my head by learning their formula.

Comment

UCD 1-0 up away from home in the Europa League, 2-0 on agg.

Lloyd will be dancing around the streets of Belfield.

Comment

UCD 1-0 up away from home in the Europa League, 2-0 on agg.

Lloyd will be dancing around the streets of Belfield.
                                                                              2-1 down and man sent off at half time. Well BBVd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                2-1 down and man sent off at half time. Well BBVd.
                                                                                Still ahead!

Comment

Still ahead!
                                                                                  That's sure to finish them
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Still ahead!
                                                                                    Quit it

Comment

They have no chance tbf.

Comment

UFC 189 pre fight press conference in 15 minutes.

Watch the UFC 189 and The Ultimate Fighter Finale press conference live Thursday, July 9th at 2pm/11am ETPT.

Comment

UCD have done it. Class stuff.

Comment

What happens now, another qualifier?

40 attempts...mother of Jaysus!

Comment

Which is the better way to catch ufc 189. Setanta or BT sports package?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                What happens now, another qualifier?

40 attempts...mother of Jaysus!
                                                                                                They'll play Slovan Bratislava and get spanked. They weren't meant to be in contention never mind get to the second round.

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                Which is the better way to catch ufc 189. Setanta or BT sports package?
                                                                                                Same thing. To get BT you have to subscribe to Setanta. They are the providers over here.

It's cheaper if you sign up by midnight tonight.
                                                                                                Last edited by CHDad; 09-07-15, 18:04.

Comment

They'll play Slovan Bratislava and get spanked. They weren't meant to be in contention never mind get to the second round.
                                                                                                  .
                                                                                                  Now you're getting the hang of it.

Comment

Loving the episode names of Mr. Robot. Obv they know everyone downloads their TV nowadays.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Sam Esmail the guy who created Mr Robot did an AMA on Reddit.

Opr

Comment

Think somebody in this thread mentioned it previously, but Chad Mendes is hard to NOT like. I think he'll beat McGregor this weekend to be honest. Mendes is genuinely a level above everyone else in the division with Frankie Edgar, with Aldo a level above them again.

Mendes by ground strikes, Round 2.
                                                                                                            Last edited by TheJiggaman; 09-07-15, 20:02.

Comment

Homebrew Cider FTW

fucking awesome !!!

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Got the loots on cornucopia @~12%.
                                                                                                                I see what hector means about people gaming the system, hundreds of bids in the last few minutes.
                                                                                                                Saw few from here investing after I sold it to them

Site is kind addictive, especially when they offer things like baskets of fancy coffee, food etc as part of the return.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 09-07-15, 20:07.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                  Homebrew Cider FTW

fucking awesome !!!

Do you want a flake in that?

Comment

Yay NI

Last week a confederate flag was put up outside a black families home in east Belfast. Today loyalists have put up Nazi and confederate flags in Carrickfergus for their "family" events on the Twelfth!

Bonus pic -

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                      Got the loots on cornucopia @~12%.
                                                                                                                      I see what hector means about people gaming the system, hundreds of bids in the last few minutes.
                                                                                                                      Saw few from here investing after I sold it to them

Site is kind addictive, especially when they offer things like baskets of fancy coffee, food etc as part of the return.
                                                                                                                      Wow... 204% oversubscribed. Best of luck with it. Will definitely have a look at it in the future.

The boom is 100% alive and well again.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                        Think somebody in this thread mentioned it previously, but Chad Mendes is hard to NOT like. I think he'll beat McGregor this weekend to be honest. Mendes is genuinely a level above everyone else in the division with Frankie Edgar, with Aldo a level above them again.

Mendes by ground strikes, Round 2.
                                                                                                                        Thought Mendes seemed a bit off in the press conference there. Didn't think him and Faber where coming across great in the Embedded shows either. Seems like he is trying to talk thinks up like Conor but just can't pull it off. Can't see Mendes finishing him at all but could go the distance

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                          Thought Mendes seemed a bit off in the press conference there. Didn't think him and Faber where coming across great in the Embedded shows either. Seems like he is trying to talk thinks up like Conor but just can't pull it off. Can't see Mendes finishing him at all but could go the distance
                                                                                                                          McGregor is in his head. Another fighter let's him in.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X