This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    Might be looking for a high res version of that shot of O'Connell bridge you took for my background
    Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
    Yeah man drop me a line for any of the photos I've done have a gander on Facebook and get back to me.
    Big fan of this one

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Apparently Emirates gonna fly the A380 out of dublin next year, it is some beast of a plane.
      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
        I use these iMac monsters on a daily basis and they are aesthetically magnificent.
        Doesn't stop me wishing I could be using Windows though!
        I'm a convert tbh. When it came to learning either Windows 8 or Mac OS I just said to hell with it and defected to Apple.

Comment

petted a chicken, wicklow m8s
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
            petted a chicken, wicklow m8s
            Quickfire question, are you afraid of flying m8?. Not great myself i dont look forward to it.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                Apparently Emirates gonna fly the A380 out of dublin next year, it is some beast of a plane.
                eamonhonda with the inside scoop as usual

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                  Quickfire question, are you afraid of flying m8?. Not great myself i dont look forward to it.
                  nah I'm grand, sure it'd be an interesting way to go don't you think? tell the doc and get a benzo perhaps

Where are you off to?

Comment

I'm a convert tbh. When it came to learning either Windows 8 or Mac OS I just said to hell with it and defected to Apple.
                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    The wife's MacbookPro is arriving tomorrow and she's of the same opinion in terms of sucking it up and learning the Apple way due to the mess that is Windows8.
                    Are most people on windows happy to go with the windows 10 update that's coming out this month? Is there any reason not to go with it?
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

nah I'm grand, sure it'd be an interesting way to go don't you think? tell the doc and get a benzo perhaps

Where are you off to?
                      Just wanderin, im not off to anywhere thats the problem. I watch Michael Palin and similar travelogues and marvel at the adventures but when it comes to it i find it hard to pull the trigger and go somewhere especially where they dont speak english. I find enough problems where they do speak english.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                        Are most people on windows happy to go with the windows 10 update that's coming out this month? Is there any reason not to go with it?
                        I would wait a few months until everything works as inevitably there will be a load of stuff that wont work day 1.
                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

The wife's MacbookPro is arriving tomorrow and she's of the same opinion in terms of sucking it up and learning the Apple way due to the mess that is Windows8. Apple do ridic good computers even if their phones leave a lot to be desired on a price/benefit basis. Oddly the new Dells seem like the closest high-level competitors.
                          PCs are much better value, but you pick the parts yourself.
                          can also buy the epic apple monitors for cheap from asia. Their OS is good though!
                          You pay a huge premium for it. Their laptops are nice aesthetically too

think windows finally putting ssh client on by default?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                            Cats great
                            Good God. I wouldn't have thought a man of your fine character could be so wrong about something. Just goes to show, you never know. Never know.

A woman ahead of me in the queue in a shop this evening was buying one bottle of beer and one cucumber. Gave me a smile considering her plan for the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                              Good God. I wouldn't have thought a man of your fine character could be so wrong about something. Just goes to show, you never know. Never know.

A woman ahead of me in the queue in a shop this evening was buying one bottle of beer and one cucumber. Gave me a smile considering her plan for the evening.
                              What was in your basket?. You dont like spicy stuff if memory serves.

Comment

The wife's MacbookPro is arriving tomorrow and she's of the same opinion in terms of sucking it up and learning the Apple way due to the mess that is Windows8. Apple do ridic good computers even if their phones leave a lot to be desired on a price/benefit basis. Oddly the new Dells seem like the closest high-level competitors.
                                I was hmming and hawing for ages over a new laptop and then work decided to buy me the new XPS 13. Its a beautiful laptop - Just about edge to edge display and runs wonderfully (so far... its a Dell though). Had some issues with the track pad previously but updated the driver and its fine now.

Battery life is awesome.

Must admit to HATING Windows 8 but I am only hearing good things about Windows 10 so will be upgrading when I get my copy.
                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                  Let me know how it is kayroo

Where is teh bes tplace to sit in the olympia, take it the 80E tickets aren't worth sitting a few rows further forward.
                                  Really enjoyed it. It opens Saturday. I caught a preview showing so that has to be taken into account. Lead actor is a bit wooden but the cast and production generally are fantastic bar a guy who is supposed to be from Cork but has the crispest German accent you can imagine.

Some lovely touches throughout, if you're going I HIGHLY recommend going in early. As for seating if you or anyone with you is over 5'10" then the extra few quid is worth it. The Olympia is the most uncomfortable theatre in Ireland for tall people so keep that in mind.

Really liked a lot of the choices they made stylistically and it works really well for me. Would recommend.
                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

If beer came in cucumber sized bottles it would speed things up around here.

Cats was great, Middddnightttttt all alone in the moonlight , reminded me of the 80s in Fleet street.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                      Really enjoyed it. It opens Saturday. I caught a preview showing so that has to be taken into account. Lead actor is a bit wooden but the cast and production generally are fantastic bar a guy who is supposed to be from Cork but has the crispest German accent you can imagine.

Some lovely touches throughout, if you're going I HIGHLY recommend going in early. As for seating if you or anyone with you is over 5'10" then the extra few quid is worth it. The Olympia is the most uncomfortable theatre in Ireland for tall people so keep that in mind.

Really liked a lot of the choices they made stylistically and it works really well for me. Would recommend.
                                      I'm taking this with a large pinch of salt.

Comment

PCs are much better value, but you pick the parts yourself.
                                        can also buy the epic apple monitors for cheap from asia. Their OS is good though!
                                        You pay a huge premium for it. Their laptops are nice aesthetically too

think windows finally putting ssh client on by default?
                                        Myself, denny and chad's mum have this conundrum solved m8

toshiba chromebook 2
                                        > apple
                                        > windows>
                                        >other stuff

Comment

Don't see what's so bad with Windows 8 once you completely ignore the absolutely ridiculous tiley shite. The desktop part of it seems the same as any other Windows incarnation.

Comment

I'm taking this with a large pinch of salt.
                                            No seriously, the Olympia is really uncomfortable if you're a tall man. I know you won't appreciate the difficulties that presents but they're real Solskjaer me old mucker

Comment

No seriously, the Olympia is really uncomfortable if you're a tall man. I know you won't appreciate the difficulties that presents but they're real Solskjaer me old mucker
                                              According to your height to discomfort Olympia findings , I am indeed a tall man. I never knew this until I stood for the our father at a funeral recently and could see over most of the flakey shiny heads in front of me. I shook hands during the sign of peace with the confidence of a man with a fine head of hair and a taller than average stature.

peace be with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                I wrote a song for my little one back in October, back when I hadn't a clue wtf was going on, or how to deal with this new magical situation I was in.
                                                She was balling crying one evening and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, trying everything to calm her but failing.
                                                She was so upset, yet I was bursting with happiness.
                                                I was singing to her, I always do, random stuff, but I came out with what sounded like a good lyric so I built a bit of a song around it. Just got around to recording it the other day. Lemme know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/lazare76/pink-teddy-bear-babygro
                                                Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                the opening hook is catchy, it conveys the love, helplessness and the frustration a new father feels trying to placate a crying infant.
                                                A+ start.
                                                However lyrically it needs some work
                                                Why are you happy?
                                                I want you to be as happy as you make me...might work better
                                                I don't agree at all. 'I want you to be just as happy as me' flows so much better imo.

it also suffers a bit with repetitiveness, change up the title hook a bit on repeat
                                                You have a near perfect rhyming couplet to open up the song.
                                                Why are you crying? I really go to know.....use the existing rhyming to suggest other things you have tried..
                                                e.g
                                                Will I put on the telly and together we watch, that piggy show? (peppa pig)
                                                I know your upset and it upsets me, does it hurt to grow?
                                                Also, stop trying to go to a higher and higher octave, it would work better if you broke a note here and there
                                                Yeah i agree with this, but's only 2.30 minutes long and it's more of a lullaby so that's repetitiveness all over! If it's 4 mins long, i've add more verses and go back to your course of 'Why are you crying...'

I like it a lot. Great effort, and i like you going into the high register too.

I hate pricks that can sing and play the guitar tho. So fucking jealous!!

Comment

100%, refuse to return.

Comment

Get hype.

HYPE HYPE HYPE

On Episode 7 of UFC 189 Embedded, UFC International Fight Week is underway in Las Vegas. Featherweight headliner Conor McGregor dives right into the action i...

Comment

can hear the ducks waddlin around in a group quakin, they're a good laff
                                                      why do roosters make noise in the morning
                                                      #Wicklow
                                                      #holidays

Comment

Comment

Comment

@Hitch, will ye ever change your location thingy. ....We all know you're not in Dublin now, so get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                              I don't agree at all. 'I want you to be just as happy as me' flows so much better imo.

Yeah i agree with this, but's only 2.30 minutes long and it's more of a lullaby so that's repetitiveness all over! If it's 4 mins long, i've add more verses and go back to your course of 'Why are you crying...'

lol

Cheers Tony, tyvm.
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

can hear the ducks waddlin around in a group quakin, they're a good laff
                                                                I once saw a duck tell a joke on the canal outside Maynooth train station. One duck was standing on the bank looking at all the other ducks arrayed in front of him in the water. The standing duck goes "Wak wak wak, wak wak WAK wak... wakwakwakWAK". Then all the other ducks went mental quacking and flying all over the place.

It must have been a great joke.
                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Got knocked off my bike this morning by a moronic bollocks of a taxi driver. Fucking prick never looks up at all and drives straight out of the station, I only caught a tip off the side of his piece of shit taxi but ended up in a heap on the ground picking bits of road out of my knee arm and hands.
                                                                    Would have been annoyed at the stupidity and incompetence if it was an inexperienced driver but a fucking taxi driver who is making his living from driving FFS!
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Some Belfast ducks were flying along and the one at the back says "Quack! Quack!"
                                                                      The one in front replies " I can't go any Quacker"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          Got knocked off my bike this morning by a moronic bollocks of a taxi driver. Fucking prick never looks up at all and drives straight out of the station, I only caught a tip off the side of his piece of shit taxi but ended up in a heap on the ground picking bits of road out of my knee arm and hands.
                                                                          Would have been annoyed at the stupidity and incompetence if it was an inexperienced driver but a fucking taxi driver who is making his living from driving FFS!
                                                                          Maybe it's perception bias, but I find taxi drivers to be some of the biggest pricks on Irish roads. No consideration for other road users, poor understanding of the rules of the road (or just don't care), don't bother with indicators, no idea how to use roundabouts, etc, etc, etc.

I'm guessing you're not in Ireland though?

Comment

Great thanks, must head along and see how it is, why do you say to get in early?

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            Hope you're ok? When that happened to my ex we got his insurance and police involved, got her a new bike anyway but the main thing is you sometimes don't know how hurt you or your bike is for a while and may think everything is fine.

A few times now, including yesterday a taxi driver has just sped up to over take me and pull infront of me to get somebody putting their hand out, I have to jam on the breaks hard and chant must not beat that man in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                                                                              I'm guessing you're not in Ireland though?
                                                                              No I'm home now, this was at Sallins train station this morning.
                                                                              Hope you're ok? When that happened to my ex we got his insurance and police involved, got her a new bike anyway but the main thing is you sometimes don't know how hurt you or your bike is for a while and may think everything is fine.
                                                                              The adrenalin is slipping away now and its all fairly sore especially my thumb which is double jointed but no longer flexible like when I was a kid and must have got pushed back, I know from experience it will be sore for weeks now. The rest is just grazing and bruises and then there will be the general bodyshock that comes after a big burst of adrenalin drains away

The bike is a bit off straight between the handlebars and the front wheel, hopefully I can get it to the shop tonight to have them look at it. I'm signed up for a triathlon on the 26th and need to get a decent few miles on the road between here and there.
                                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 09-07-15, 10:07.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                Get hype.

HYPE HYPE HYPE

On Episode 7 of UFC 189 Embedded, UFC International Fight Week is underway in Las Vegas. Featherweight headliner Conor McGregor dives right into the action i...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG-FSR3mTX8
                                                                                You sticking with the streams m8?

Think I'm gonna fork out the 18e for the HD stream on the Xbox.

Comment

Great thanks, must head along and see how it is, why do you say to get in early?
                                                                                  I don't want to spoil it but just trust me. Get in around 730 is ideal

Comment

On the subject of terrible jokes, I only recently learned that 'Why did the chicken cross the road?' is an actual joke with the 'other side' being heaven and the assumption being that he gets run over.

I've asked a lot of people if they 'got it' before I explained it, and most people didn't.

Comment

This is great quack altogether.

Comment

On the subject of terrible jokes, I only recently learned that 'Why did the chicken cross the road?' is an actual joke with the 'other side' being heaven and the assumption being that he gets run over.

I've asked a lot of people if they 'got it' before I explained it, and most people didn't.
                                                                                        why did the hedgehog cross the road .

To see his flat mate

Comment

98% of taxi drivers are abysmal drivers and detestable cunts. This is known.

Comment

On that note . Off to Finland for 10 days have Fun watching The rest Of Wimbledon And The open . Poxy time to be away from My Sofa arse Indentation

Comment

or it's coz the chicken needs to get to the other side of the road and the only way to get to the other side of the road is to cross the road, hence "why did the chicken cross the road? to get to the other side".

Don't over think it m8.
                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I was flagging a taxi after a night out a few months ago. Dude was cruising along at 50/60 kmph and saw me late. He slammed the break and stopped in the middle of the road. A dude driving a new Volvo misses him by inches and he is then rear ended by the car behind him. I hopped in half in shock and said something along the lines of 'jesus christ that was insane'. The taxi driver hadn't even noticed the crash 10 feet behind him and when a told him what happened he proceeded to lecture me on the importance of observation. He surmised by saying that there were an awful lot of inconsiderate drivers out there.

Comment

Why did the duck cross the road?
                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                  Because the chicken was using a sick day and if he didn't use the sick day by the end of the week he'd lose the sick day
                                                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

For the sake of balance a cyclist shot out in front of me at a roundabout outside Clonmel at the weekend. If I hadn't been ultra focused on getting the fuck out of that bastard county there would have been carnage. He had all the right gear on though so I am sure he was probably in the right.
                                                                                                    Last edited by shano1888; 09-07-15, 10:58.

Comment

Why did The greek cross The road

Maybe The atm over there is Working plus there is a dead chicken he can have for Tea

Comment

Jesus, if that's the joke I've missed the punchline all these years!

Isn't it one of the first jokes you hear when you're a kid? How the hell would a kid know that 'the other side' refers to death/going to heaven?!

Mind. Blown.

Comment

Tales from the Lough;

A ghillie friend of mine had a yank out trout fishing and told him that Lough Erne trout were good fighters. A while later yank's rod bends gently into a fish and as he started to reel it the rod buckled over. Guy was doing the wow, man, wow dialogue as he attempted to bring it in. Just before it broke surface ghillie netted a trout about 12 inches long. The yank was speechless just staring at the little trout in the net before saying in disbelief. "Wow, they sure do fight" . The Ghillie didnt tell him that a pike had grabbed the trout and let it go just before reaching surface.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                            Jesus, if that's the joke I've missed the punchline all these years!

Isn't it one of the first jokes you hear when you're a kid? How the hell would a kid know that 'the other side' refers to death/going to heaven?!

Mind. Blown.
                                                                                                            Ring Around the Rosie is apparently about the Black Death
                                                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

I bow to your superior lullaby experience
                                                                                                              As happy as me doesnt make sense though considering the previous lines questioning, conor shouldnt be that happy now that baby is crying.

LOL, this is gas
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                I once saw a duck tell a joke on the canal outside Maynooth train station. One duck was standing on the bank looking at all the other ducks arrayed in front of him in the water. The standing duck goes "Wak wak wak, wak wak WAK wak... wakwakwakWAK". Then all the other ducks went mental quacking and flying all over the place.

It must have been a great joke.
                                                                                                                telling a joke or motivating a crowd for the future duck revolution?
                                                                                                                Mallard Collins maybe?
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

why did the hedgehog cross the road .

To see his flat mate
                                                                                                                  why did the turkey cross the road?

To show his gf he wasnt a chicken

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                    Ring Around the Rosie is apparently about the Black Death
                                                                                                                    no it's not.
                                                                                                                    That's a QI special right there

Comment

This is still my favourite.

I had a crazy dream that I weighed less than a thousandth of a gram. I was like 0mg!
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Jibzzzz; 09-07-15, 12:23.

Comment

If anyone is interested in hosting 2 Italian teenagers from 12th - 31st July there is €1K on offer.
                                                                                                                        They will be doing language classes in Dublin city center so need to be within an easy commute. If you are interested send a PM and I'll put you in touch with the school.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          I bow to your superior lullaby experience
                                                                                                                          As happy as me doesnt make sense though considering the previous lines questioning, conor shouldnt be that happy now that baby is crying.

LOL, this is gas
                                                                                                                          I want her to be as happy as I am in general, the whole day long, all through the week.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X