This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    Anyone here done the job of adding a second router to UPC's ghastly horizon box? Any instructions floating around about it?
    You are just bridging no?

Should be fairly straightforward
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If you're really tired of the referendum and the saturation of social media, vote yes so you don't have to go through it all again.
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
        If you're really tired of the referendum and the saturation of social media, vote yes so you don't have to go through it all again.
        Are ya voting yes for prez m8?
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

We will have to suffer through another abortion one eventually,and it will be even worse

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
            We will have to suffer through another abortion one eventually,and it will be even worse
            Gloves will be off then. Pass/fail? Reckon fail on general abortions. No idea though tbf
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
              Are ya voting yes for prez m8?
              I'll be voting yes to both referenda so that we can have a 'Micknail for president' campaign in the next one.

Comment

Gloves will be off then. Pass/fail? Reckon fail on general abortions. No idea though tbf
                there can be no other abortion referendum other than the repeal of the 8th amendment and the church would sooner burn down the country than let that pass. Would make the Marriage Equality campaign look like a big cosy back patting.

Comment

I got the same answer as mdoug

Comment

@ TD, no need to spend crazy money right off the bat for a good bicycle

here's a great bike at a fantastic price. If you decide to go full hog on a road bike once you've been riding around for 6 months/a year, you can probably sell it off with very little loss.

hybrid

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      You are just bridging no?

Should be fairly straightforward
                      No idea really. I think there may be some specific steps in the process due to UPC being awkward but Google has only yielded vague info. The router is actually producing a wifi signal now but doesn't load up web pages, I got some error about a redirect loop at one point I think...

Your twitter is class, wp.

Comment

No idea really. I think there may be some specific steps in the process due to UPC being awkward but Google has only yielded vague info. The router is actually producing a wifi signal now but doesn't load up web pages, I got some error about a redirect loop at one point I think...
                        cause you have two devices acting as primary routers

(down the end)
                        short answer is turn off DCHP on the linked router and give it an ip on the subnet of the Horizon box
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                          What were you told this morning about using Ma and Mudder and other Dublinisms?? You won't be told again

I can't wait until all these posts about it being over are over
                          Coola buala bud , know the score alrite , da porter dims me brain . Some boys throw a sevener for fecking nuthin and me with puke on me shoulder have a screaming fit of laughter . Mudder T though , a shocking saint

Comment

(down the end)
                            short answer is turn off DCHP on the linked router and give it an ip on the subnet of the Horizon box
                            Any chance of the slightly longer answer?

I guess I can turn off DHCP by logging into the router, I know how to do that ok - the linked router being the new one I'm hooking up?

An IP on the subnet of the Horizon box then.... I guess I need to find the IP address of the box and then if that's say 10.1.2.0 give the new router an IP of 10.1.2.1?

Comment

Any chance of the slightly longer answer?

I guess I can turn off DHCP by logging into the router, I know how to do that ok - the linked router being the new one I'm hooking up?

An IP on the subnet of the Horizon box then.... I guess I need to find the IP address of the box and then if that's say 10.1.2.0 give the new router an IP of 10.1.2.1?
                              If it's a horizon box it's going to be something like 192.168.192.x

don't use 1-10 (not that you can't, but probably other devices may have that lease already)
                              don't use 229 or 254 (technical reasons)
                              once you disable DHCP from the new router and give it a static IP you should be grand.

Comment

don't use 1-10 (not that you can't, but probably other devices may have that lease already)
                                once you disable DHCP from the new router and give it a static IP you should be grand.
                                on that, it's probably best to put all your devices through the bridge instead of the horizon box. It'll be a clusterfuck of different networks, firewall rules and shit otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                  Vox pop in this week's sligo champion about referendum
                                  8 people,6 yes, 1 no and one couldn't be bothered.
                                  Quote from the no woman "I'm voting no.I have no.interest in marriage. I'm not married myself. And so I'm going to vote against it"
                                  Guy in work today says 'I'm voting no, don't want some 18 year old gay couple in the white house.'
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                    I maxed out with the Trek 7.4 Hybrid. I got Bike, Lock and Water bottle for €1k. Probably could of haggled a bit more off had I tried.
                                    Will hopefully get a few bits thrown in a get a few €€€ knocked off the price.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                    You can buy it anywhere in europe btw, I got mine online from the north as it was 150e cheaper.

Road bike > *
                                    Everything else is a pain to cycle as they are so heavy and slow.
                                    Coming up to 5000km in commutes on mine which is about €3000 in bus fares saved, not to mention that it's faster than driving and way faster than the bus.
                                    I'm pretty sure going to stick with a Hybrid not digging the road bikes.

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                    @ TD, no need to spend crazy money right off the bat for a good bicycle

here's a great bike at a fantastic price. If you decide to go full hog on a road bike once you've been riding around for 6 months/a year, you can probably sell it off with very little loss.

hybrid
                                    I'd rather just get it al done & dusted now & not worry about it down the line.

(down the end)
                                    Never really had a problem with just connecting up a new wireless router before but over the last week my internet has been patchy (resolving issue) pretty sure it was some DNS thing, got my buddy to put the UPC modem into bridge which so far seems to have sorted the problem only one drop out since changing last night.
                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                      V for Vendetta gets the credit from his Airbnb plugs.
                                      So took the plunge on the strength of this and jumped in and went to Bilbao. Took up a lovely 3 bedroom balcony apartment. Very nice apartment and will be doing most of my offing through airbnb from now. And really how cheap it is to eat and drink!.

Look at the gridded urinal. The Curragh is currently in a 50M development but you can be sure they will overlook the gridded double safety in the picture. They say Dermot Desmond misses little, i bet he will miss this in the re development.

If he wished to take me on as a consultant you can be sure i wont be charging the V for Vendetta type fees, that's for damn sure!.
                                      36 Hours in Bilbao today in the NYT. Looks like a cool place.

Comment

I'll be voting yes to both referenda so that we can have a 'Micknail for president' campaign in the next one.
                                        It's referendums you oik!

Walking down O'Connell Street late afternoon there was a bagpipe player in gear and a guy with a huge flag and No leaflets being handed out. Young guy hands me one, and entranced by the music and flag I take it, realise what it is and hand it back to him with a pleasant smile and turn to walk off.

He goes, "Oh so you're not open minded then!"

I'm already walking off, and then this huge anger comes up in me about it. This feels like a strange experience for me, because, well, I pretty much never feel angry. But all the way down O'Connell Street and Abbey Street I am raging, and imagining having a go at him and grabbing all his leaflets and throwing them in the bin.

As it happens I find myself coming down the same street and crossing there about half an hour later. And he goes to give me a leaflet. I have a bit of of a pop at him that he was insulting me a few minutes ago, tell him what he said and that I was walking down the street feeling incredibly angry etc. He apologises, and then we start chatting about our positions on it, and then about the religious organisation he's a part of (I was impressed because he had a uniform of sorts with a cool lion emblem). And we parted on good terms.

Popped in Paddy Power to ask what the max bet was on the individual constituencies, "As much as you have" was the reply. Was thinking of sticking a few grand on Donegal NE but when I checked when I got home the odds had gone to 4/11 I think now, and the bankers seem not great odds. Cavan Monaghan shift too, so probably not going to bother buying money on it.

Comment

Tipping Point is close to being the most tilting program on television

1. People that can't time a counter into the machine so that it falls on the ledge, and not on other coins.

2. People that commentate while other's coins are going through their motions in the machine.

3. People that take any less than 3 coins for any category in the final round. Their seems to be literally zero difference in 'difficulty' whether you choose 1,2 or 3 coins.

4. People that choose the trade at the end when there is <1% chance they'll get the jackpot counter out of the machine even if they hit 3 perfect coins, and they seem surprised when a coin doesn't move more than it is physically possible.

Idiots!

Comment

Yeah nice city but that piece is a false portrayal. Elitist set pieces there. Its more of a sawdust type sleeves rolled up city, very working class with an older population.

Comment

on that, it's probably best to put all your devices through the bridge instead of the horizon box. It'll be a clusterfuck of different networks, firewall rules and shit otherwise.
                                              Is there some way I can stop the Horizon built in router from broadcasting a wifi signal so everything is forced to go through the new router?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                Popped in Paddy Power to ask what the max bet was on the individual constituencies, "As much as you have" was the reply.
                                                Seriously?

Comment

On day 2 of a 'could I possibly be an early riser?' trial after 36 years of evidence to the contrary. 6:30 two days in a row and feeling pretty decent, probably more so than if I got up at 7:30-8 as normal. I must admit to shutting my eyes for 30 mins after I dropped the kids off before going to work today though. 6:30 is the new ginseng imo.

Comment

Having problems installing android 5.1.1 on my nexus 9. Starts the installation and comes up with the yellow triangle with red exclamation and the word error.

Anyone else?

Comment

Is there some way I can stop the Horizon built in router from broadcasting a wifi signal so everything is forced to go through the new router?
                                                      From what I can remember you can't turn off the Horizon, I've got the modem coming in to my room but there is a WiFi signal broadcasting from the Horizon box but it's pretty much a dummy signal as you can connect to it but can't actually do anything. If you're looking to buy a new router I purchased a TP Link Archer C8 and it's a savage wireless router highly recommend.
                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

1. People that can't time a counter into the machine so that it falls on the ledge, and not on other coins.

2. People that commentate while other's coins are going through their motions in the machine.

3. People that take any less than 3 coins for any category in the final round. Their seems to be literally zero difference in 'difficulty' whether you choose 1,2 or 3 coins.

4. People that choose the trade at the end when there is <1% chance they'll get the jackpot counter out of the machine even if they hit 3 perfect coins, and they seem surprised when a coin doesn't move more than it is physically possible.

Idiots!
                                                        I don't think they control the dropping of the coin. I think they just pick the drop zone and the machine does the rest.

Opr

Comment

feckers

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                            feckers

Of course there is. Must just be sold out
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

http://blog.paddypower.com/2015/05/1...age-referendum

I was wondering why Louth was so big at 11/2 to vote No, took a punt on it anyway.
                                                              Was literally looking at that myself. Has to be a bit of value there?

Suspended now Denny how much you lump on
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Need a bit of help on this one if anyone has any ideas.

Mrs has decided I have to book us a week somewhere in West Cork in a cottage/holiday home for a week starting June 13th. Anyone have any experience with sites or recommendations on where to look/base ourselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                  I don't think they control the dropping of the coin. I think they just pick the drop zone and the machine does the rest.

Opr
                                                                  Nah, they press the button to release the coin whenever they want.

Comment

Opr
                                                                    Of course they do. They have a big button to time when it drops.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Mrs has decided I have to book us a week somewhere in West Cork in a cottage/holiday home for a week starting June 13th. Anyone have any experience with sites or recommendations on where to look/base ourselves?
                                                                      airbnb

Comment

For a luxury short break or longer, our cottages for couples offer something special. These are not just self-catering holiday homes. Our cottages offer four star hotel standards in character buildings.
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                          Pretty sure that's only in the final. The rest of the time, they just decide which zone.

Comment

Requested a booking just now and used your Airbnb link which confirmed the 24 Euro discount. Just waiting for the host to reply, we are supposed to be going on Friday so I hope they get back ASAP.
                                                                            Will let ya know the outcome.
                                                                            Cheers.

Comment

Seriously?
                                                                              It was on Parnell Street, the max bet they have ever had there might be €100. Despite my mentioning the word twice for clarification a non-zero chance he didn't understand the word constituencies.

Looking at relevant referendums in the past I don't see Louth as being more than about 3 or 4% more conservative than the national average.
                                                                              Last edited by hotspur; 20-05-15, 19:01.

Comment

Opr
                                                                                Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                Pretty sure that's only in the final. The rest of the time, they just decide which zone.
                                                                                You two are crazy!

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                This!

He must say 'Get your timing right' about 3 times during every show. If they didn't time it themselves, then they (the show) could just pick and choose when to screw people out of counters. It's entirely up to the contestants.

Comment

Yeah as Shrap says, is it not a buzzer they have in front of them in the first few rounds? Are you suggesting the button acts as a buzzer and a drop counter button? Now who is the crazy one?

Opr

Comment

Seriously?
                                                                                    PP counter staff couldn't give a bollix. So while the online max might be 20 quid, they won't blink at you throwing a monkey down in a shop.

Thèn repeat in several other shops. The Amiens St\Talbot St area is great for this, five or six PPs all clustered together.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This place is class. Had a pregnant East Galway woman there once so road tested for your needs.

Inish Beg Estate. The ultimate luxury self-catering accommodation. An exclusive private island in Baltimore, West Cork, Ireland. Holidays, weddings & occasions.

Comment

Yeah as Shrap says, is it not a buzzer they have in front of them in the first few rounds? Are you suggesting the button acts as a buzzer and a drop counter button? Now who is the crazy one?

Opr

Originally posted by Wiki
                                                                                        In Round 1, the four players are each given three counters. Questions are then asked and the first to sound their buzzer may answer. If they answer correctly, they must choose either to play one of their own counters if they feel the machine will pay out or, if they feel the machine won't pay out, may instead nominate an opponent, forcing them to use up one of their own counters. In either case, the relevant player chooses which of the four drop zones they want to drop a counter down and then presses their buzzer to release the counter into the machine. In the event of an incorrect answer, one of the player's counters goes into a penalty pot. At the end of the round, all the counters in the penalty pot are put up for grabs on a final question 'on the buzzer'. If two players are tied for third place, three players are tied for second place, or all four players are tied for first place, a sudden death question is asked on the buzzer with no counters. If a player answers correctly, they move on to the next round but if they answer incorrectly, they are eliminated.
                                                                                        Pinch of salt as Tony probably wrote the wiki

Comment

Opr
                                                                                          Ok so, watch from 1.55

He said 'Release your counter when you're ready' and then you see her pressing the buzzer....

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            PP counter staff couldn't give a bollix. So while the online max might be 20 quid, they won't blink at you throwing a monkey down in a shop.

Thèn repeat in several other shops. The Amiens St\Talbot St area is great for this, five or six PPs all clustered together.
                                                                                            Most I could get on last weekend was a monkey in one shop and 250 in the next after a lengthy phone call; must hire you guys as runners!

Comment

Most I could get on last weekend was a monkey in one shop and 250 in the next after a lengthy phone call; must hire you guys as runners!
                                                                                              Pro tip: do it at busy times.

Comment

Glengariff, then take a wee drive up the healy pass and down to glenmalure lakes. Great spot.

Comment

While we're on holiday Q&A....Anywhere in France good for bringing smallies to (3&1)? Thinking of skipping holidays altogether this year as I reckon it might be more relaxing that way!

Comment

How about restaurant recommendations in Belfast?

Comment

This place is class. Had a pregnant East Galway woman there once so road tested for your needs.

http://www.inishbeg.com/
                                                                                                      Looks lovely but pretty much booked up.

On the plus side it seems her parents might be coming too. Yay.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                        Deanes.
                                                                                                        Pro tip: do it at busy times.
                                                                                                        Check. Think they're just discriminating against me.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                          The restaurant in the Merchant Hotel was very good. Although that was years ago. Great cocktail bar upstairs but not cheap.
                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Laois offaly no vote now 11/10 ..going back 2nd helping
                                                                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Idiots!
                                                                                                              wp they are exactly the 4 things that tilt me hard bout it aswell-think 2 & 3 being the worst

Comment

You'd have to wonder about yourself when you're thinking you'll stick a grand on in that shop tomorrow just to see if they'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by reilly110 View Post
                                                                                                                  wp they are exactly the 4 things that tilt me hard bout it aswell-think 2 & 3 being the worst
                                                                                                                  5. People that call them counters in one sentence and then coins in another, oops

Comment

Came upon this today and its been touted as racist or a dumb blonde moment. Which is more insulting? Is there any way you can get 'out of it'?

Have to admit I went "Oh Fuck" and giggled.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

two mammies = two dinners, vote yes
                                                                                                                      two da's = 2 takeaways

everyone's a winner
                                                                                                                      I dunno, two parents of the same sex sound like the fast track to obesity. #VoteNo
                                                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                                        Was thinking they'd be at least one gay person looking for a bit of craic by campaigning for no, haven't seen it though?
                                                                                                                        This popped up as a paid for ad on youtube today ( no adblocker on PS3)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X