X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
    Have a bad experience ?
    Ah no, just general observation/daily terror.
    Managed to dodge ye so far, luckily. And, to be fair, ye're not as bad as the lorries.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Something I really shouldn't care about but I found my self very disappointed to see a temporary hoarding around Milan Cathedral. Its one thing to turn the church into a commercial venture and I know I have no business having an opinion on what the Catholics do with their church but turning such a magnificent building into an advertising hoarding while at the same time turning away women visitors whose shoulders are uncovered seems completely messed up to me.
      Should have been a Durex ad tbf m8.

Comment

Note to Honda:
        Please have a word with the cunt on security in terminal 2 who fucked out my bottle of deet because it was in a 110ml bottle even though it was less than 25% full.
        Got eaten alive by mossies last night, 10+ swollen spots right now WP that officious prick
        You should know the rules m8, daft and all as they are
        airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Dumbass mozzie deterent makers for not putting it in a 100ml container, given the likelihood it would be travelled with.
            Good point. How well travelled does one have to be to call them "mossies" do you reckon?
            airport, lol

Comment

So Greece just the appetiser for China popping. Should be fun,fairly sure it's bad news for where I work,they never shut up about China and 'emerging markets'.
              Seems this has the potential to cause way more of a shitstorm.
              Was over there recently,took a 5 hour bullet train through part of the interior and could not get over the amount of massive apartment blocks being built seemingly in the middle of nowhere. Some still had cranes on top but a good few more were just abandoned empty shells.
              (to the person looking for visa info,the travel company sorted mine so I'm no help to you)
              Last edited by Guest; 08-07-15, 08:33.

Comment

At the Gate last night, was seated two rows behind JoanBurton and 6 seats to the right of MichaelDHiggins. Would have been a great evening for Derek Byrne and the lads to have fancied a bit of Russian theatre.
                Play itself (Month In the Country, a Russian aristocracy comedy adapted by Friel) is only alright, wouldn't discourage but wouldn't particularly recommend.

Comment

Is that "Once" thing I see posters for everywhere any good? If anybody has seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    So Greece just the appetiser for China popping. Should be fun,fairly sure it's bad news for where I work,they never shut up about China and 'emerging markets'.
                    Seems this has the potential to cause way more of a shitstorm.
                    Was over there recently,took a 5 hour bullet train through part of the interior and could not get over the amount of massive apartment blocks being built seemingly in the middle of nowhere. Some still had cranes on top but a good few more were just abandoned empty shells.
                    (to the person looking for visa info,the travel company sorted mine so I'm no help to you)
                    Built for over a million people, the city of Ordos was designed to be the crowning glory of Inner Mongolia. Doomed to incompletion however, this futuristic metropolis now rises empty out of the deserts of northern China. Only 2% of its buildings were ever filled; the rest has largely been left to decay, abandoned…

Comment

Caught an encore presentation of A Streetcar Named Desire last night in the Lighthouse Cinema, it was absolutely fantastic & the cast were outstanding but Gillian Anderson absolutely killed it!

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                        Is that "Once" thing I see posters for everywhere any good? If anybody has seen it.
                        Saw it, hated it. ONCE is too much.

Comment

Tour de France is being class, along the same lines as the womens football

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                            Got bitten by a mozzie in the soft spot behind my ear last night.

Sonofabitch is itchy as hell. People are gonna think I have headlice.
                            Have a gander at this.

http://bit.ly/1BUBTTI ← Subscribe for more great videosThere's a lot of hype around how deadly sharks are, that's for sure. But can you guess what animal is ...

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                              You could be sacked for going outside after calling in sick???? You've been reading too much Dickens mate.
                              That's not what I said mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                Didn't know you worked in BAC... What garage were you in? Marked-in?
                                The Sick bonus scheme is gone a few years now, you qualified for it if you had 8 or less days off in the year previous, from November, to the cut-off point in October. They still have a safe driving bonus, but not worth talking about.
                                Yeah, I was the youngest busdriver in Dublin Bus when I started, 21 in 1994, just old enough to get the D license.
                                Started in Ringsend, the routes there are dodgy (77 to Tallaght etc) so I transferred to Donnybrook 2, I was spare there for a few years, mainly doing the 7,46A,75, then I got marked in on the 155 so I could follow it to Broadstone as the 19/19A. Did that for a couple of years until 2002 before fecking off to Germany for a few years.
                                What garage are you in?

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

TMS stream for the ashes to help pass the working day.

Comment

I was at it when it was here before. I really enjoyed it but I'm a sentimental old fool who is a big fan of the movie.
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                      Caught an encore presentation of A Streetcar Named Desire last night in the Lighthouse Cinema, it was absolutely fantastic & the cast were outstanding but Gillian Anderson absolutely killed it!

I remember at some point when watching (perhaps drooling over her is a bit more accurate) her in a swimming pool scene in 'TheFall' thinking she was made to play Blanche.
                                      Can't believe I missed that I had no idea she was doing it, FFS! I was in London twice last year during its run... Sigh
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

what are people's thoughts on McIlroy playing football with his m8s? Was he irresponsible to do so?
                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                          what are people's thoughts on McIlroy playing football with his m8s? Was he irresponsible to do so?
                                          Not at all. Why would he be?
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                            Gonna hang around the hotel lobby for the week. He might hit me with Sweet Chin Music
                                            turn up with a "You screwed Brett" sign.
                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                              Not at all. Why would he be?
                                              he's the number one player in his sport and it's peak golf season. The financial implications of missing majors through injury would be quite significant I'd imagine.

Not saying I think he was irresponsible btw, just interested to hear what the general consensus is.
                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Lol England. They need some proper Root magic now.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                  I was at it when it was here before. I really enjoyed it but I'm a sentimental old fool who is a big fan of the movie.
                                                  I lived beside the hoover shop. Loved seeing it.

Comment

he's the number one player in his sport and it's peak golf season. The financial implications of missing majors through injury would be quite significant I'd imagine.

Not saying I think he was irresponsible btw, just interested to hear what the general consensus is.
                                                    Its not like he was out on the lash. He could have injured himself doing something else and I am sure he needs to keep somewhat active. He cant lock himself in a padded room.

Comment

Comment

Tour de France hitting Rennes on Saturday. Hard to see how it'll be interesting though. A load of bikes racing past you like an average day in Amsterdam.
                                                        Looks like good craic, everyone just seems to sit at the side of the road getting pissed

Comment

Tour de France hitting Rennes on Saturday. Hard to see how it'll be interesting though. A load of bikes racing past you like an average day in Amsterdam.
                                                          more drugs than Amsterdam though.
                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

He has a shiteload of money, more worried about missing the major shot and losing the no 1 spot I'd imagine. Cant see how light sport would be seen as irresponsible, especially an individual sportsman.
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                              He has a shiteload of money, more worried about missing the major shot and losing the no 1 spot I'd imagine. Cant see how light sport would be seen as irresponsible, especially an individual sportsman.
                                                              I'd say his sponsors will be pretty unhappy though. I've heard of clauses being put in contracts forbidding other activities though.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxB5vQb2nAc

TMS stream for the ashes to help pass the working day.
                                                                Nice link

'Bells Innings was a disgrace, four balls of absolute tripe'

No prizes for guessing who said that

Comment

I'd say his sponsors will be pretty unhappy though. I've heard of clauses being put in contracts forbidding other activities though.
                                                                  But 5 a side is probably less risky than stuff he would be doing in light training, its not like he was skiing black slopes or doing UFC sparring.
                                                                  Just horribly bad luck IMO

Comment

I'd like to see some of it but most of it is best enjoyed streaming it. They would be going pretty damn fast though. Fastest average speed in the first stage was over 55kph, damn impressive.

Comment

As unhappy as they'd be if he twisted it crossing the road. Shit happens, he will have plenty more opportunities to win majors yet.
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                        Saw it, hated it. ONCE is too much.
                                                                        Isn't tonight the opening night? Good job on seeing it already if so!
                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Nice link

'Bells Innings was a disgrace, four balls of absolute tripe'

No prizes for guessing who said that
                                                                          "That were a shockin drop"

Plain-speaking Yorkshiremen FTW.

In t'other news ah just learned that Joe Root is from downt' road from us wife.
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

But 5 a side is probably less risky than stuff he would be doing in light training, its not like he was skiing black slopes or doing UFC sparring.
                                                                              Just horribly bad luck IMO
                                                                              No way. 5 a side assuming it was on an astro pitch is notoriously dangerous for twisting ankles/knees. No way his 'light training' is as more risky.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                Isn't tonight the opening night? Good job on seeing it already if so!
                                                                                It's been running on Broadway for years, won loads of Tonys. Wouldn't cross the road to see it myself though

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                  No way. 5 a side assuming it was on an astro pitch is notoriously dangerous for twisting ankles/knees. No way his 'light training' is as more risky.
                                                                                  ^^Confirmed. Torn ankle ligaments twice in innocuous situations

Also Mr. Robot is class. Can't wait for tonights episode. Someone here compared it to fight club I believe - spot on.

Comment

McIlroy sets the conditions in his contracts I'd imagine. Hell of a difference between a dime a dozen football player and a golf number one. The guy will still be the story for part of the weekend even if he's not playing.

Contact sports are more likely to deliver injuries than supervised training in a gym so from that perspective it was a poor decision but from a life balance perspective probably overall worth it. Life is too short to be unable to enjoy a kick about especially when you're minted IMO.

Living a shite life to add a few more million to the 100s of millions seems daft to me.
                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

McIlroy's injury is a non issue IMO. Shit happens. Sure he could have been run over by a bus on his way to the tournament.
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                        Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Also Mr. Robot is class. Can't wait for tonights episode. Someone here compared it to fight club I believe - spot on.
                                                                                        My soccer team use astro to play on. Full pitch, 11 a side. We also train twice a week on a smaller astro surface. Not one injury last season. What is more likely is he didn't have proper footwear on imo. And don't be so fucking clumsy.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                          McIlroy sets the conditions in his contracts I'd imagine. Hell of a difference between a dime a dozen football player and a golf number one. The guy will still be the story for part of the weekend even if he's not playing.

Contact sports are more likely to deliver injuries than supervised training in a gym so from that perspective it was a poor decision but from a life balance perspective probably overall worth it. Life is too short to be unable to enjoy a kick about especially when you're minted IMO.

Living a shite life to add a few more million to the 100s of millions seems daft to me.
                                                                                          +1 to this

In top level sport, you control the controllables. Playing 5-a-side with your mates the month of The Open is definitely controllable. You can get injured doing anything, but playing 5-a-side is not the equivalent of crossing the road, working out supervised in a gym, practicing golf, walking the dog etc. The risk of injury is still quite low in 5-a-side, but it's considerable higher than a lot of other activities.

All that said, I don't have a problem with what he did. As V4V said, from a life balance pov, I think it's worth the risk.
                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

the risk of injury on both astro and indoor is greater than on a grass pitch, but that's kind of besides the point.

If you're talking about the actual risk of injury in a 5-a-side kick around, it's quite low, but as I've said, there's still a considerably higher risk of injuring yourself playing 5-a-side compared to doing something like walking the dog. You've also a greater chance of getting injured playing 5-a-side than you have of getting knocked over by a bus [citation not needed].
                                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Not on Rory but 5 aside in general, ask any physio 5 aside is what keeps them in business.

Mostly middle aged men who don't play any other sports and stretching and warms ups would be mostly non existent.

Comment

The movie, I guess
                                                                                                Ah ok so Solskjaer hasn't seen it at all and is referring to something else. Cool.

Comment

It's been running on Broadway for years, won loads of Tonys. Wouldn't cross the road to see it myself though
                                                                                                  I'm going tonight so I'll give a TR later maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                    Yeah, I was the youngest busdriver in Dublin Bus when I started, 21 in 1994, just old enough to get the D license.
                                                                                                    Started in Ringsend, the routes there are dodgy (77 to Tallaght etc) so I transferred to Donnybrook 2, I was spare there for a few years, mainly doing the 7,46A,75, then I got marked in on the 155 so I could follow it to Broadstone as the 19/19A. Did that for a couple of years until 2002 before fecking off to Germany for a few years.
                                                                                                    What garage are you in?
                                                                                                    You might have brought me to school a few times.

Cheers.

Comment

I remember at some point when watching (perhaps drooling over her is a bit more accurate) her in a swimming pool scene in 'TheFall' thinking she was made to play Blanche.
                                                                                                      Can't believe I missed that I had no idea she was doing it, FFS! I was in London twice last year during its run... Sigh
                                                                                                      It was 3h45m long (20 minute interval) the stage setup for it was savage, rotating throughout the whole time so the audience get a different view, the cast didn't skip a beat and it was incredibly tense at times, Anderson nailed her part as did Vanessa Kirby as they were the majority of it & Ben Foster was pretty good also but there was one part in it that reminded me of this scene he had in Alpha Dog.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I'd like to see some of it but most of it is best enjoyed streaming it. They would be going pretty damn fast though. Fastest average speed in the first stage was over 55kph, damn impressive.
                                                                                                      Fucking hell they manage to average what I've hit as my top speed so far

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                        What garage are you in?
                                                                                                        Wow. I've been in Ringsend for 20 years now, apart from a 10 week spell in Donnybrook in 2000,when I got marked in on the No.11. Missed Ringsend, so I went back. Had 5 years on 77s and then 7 years on 50s. Now almost 3 years on 1, formerly the no.3

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Is it tonight in US or last night and available from usual spots later?
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Root is a huge price for SPOTY this year. He's gonna be England's GOAT batsman
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Ah ok so Solskjaer hasn't seen it at all and is referring to something else. Cool.
                                                                                                              Saw it 2 years ago Mr Cromwell. 'Twas shite . I realise this is a new production but like I said once is enough . Pedantic pat

Comment

Beware the injured golfer

Comment

I wish this toff on the Ashes commentary would stfu about seagulls.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                    I wish this toff on the Ashes commentary would stfu about seagulls.
                                                                                                                    Henry Blofeld? He can say what he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                      Saw it 2 years ago Mr Cromwell. 'Twas shite . I realise this is a new production but like I said once is enough . Pedantic pat
                                                                                                                      Ah ok. Don't imagine you as a musical fan somehow so you'll excuse me taking your opinion with a pinch of salt (*obligatory insult about silly Fenianism*)

Comment

Ah ok. Don't imagine you as a musical fan somehow so you'll excuse me taking your opinion with a pinch of salt (*obligatory insult about silly Fenianism*)
                                                                                                                        What's the chances of being extradited to the US if you were a Wicklow man and did some dodgy shit on an underground deep web drug running site?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                          What's the chances of being extradited to the US if you were a Wicklow man and did some dodgy shit on an underground deep web drug running site?
                                                                                                                          Depends. Certainly you'd be a 3/1 dog to stay in Ireland.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X