Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

players buy in to high stakes game for $250,000. What happens next will shock you...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Paul Murphy to justify assaulting a Garda on some radio show in the next couple of hours I assume? He also just said "out strength lies outside the Dail" which is about as stupid and dangerous a comment as he could have made.
      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Shows us the way to what you have to wonder....

Anyway Tsiphillis is done. He just doesn't know it yet.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          Hoards of 40/50 year old people going around town in AC/DC shirts, profoundly pathetic get up for someone of that age.
          AC/DC shirts are a world less pathetic than football shirts.

Unless you're going to a match or you're 16 or under, you've no business wearing a football shirt. It's pathetic.

imo.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
            I guess merkel wins and either way won't ever see him again. Either she deals with someone more sensible or she never deals with anyone from Greece again.

no vote would be more interesting for history tho.
            You would have to be funking the No vote now. Collective punishment for fuckwittery.

Comment

Neither are pathetic. Everything you wear to a greater or lesser degree is you showing the world a bit of your personality. If that is 'I like Liverpool', 'I like AC/DC', or 'I like to wear an Armani suit', what odds. Doesn't do anyone any harm.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                players buy in to high stakes game for $250,000. What happens next will shock you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA6vbyPqqdg&app=desktop
                Watched this live. Baffling how none of them spotted it during the hand. Couldn't understand that. Absurd.

Comment

Heh

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA6vbyPqqdg&app=desktop
                    Scott Seiver is such a cnut, as always.

Comment

I would pay all the money to see Murphy get the battoning he deserves.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        Crowdsource it. Joanie B would kick in a monkey for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                          Paul Murphy to justify assaulting a Garda on some radio show in the next couple of hours I assume? He also just said "out???? strength lies outside the Dail" which is about as stupid and dangerous a comment as he could have made.
                          Deffo a stupid comment . Ooooh Kayrooooooo

Comment

How much we talkin here bro ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              AC/DC shirts are a world less pathetic than football shirts.

Unless you're going to a match or you're 16 or under, you've no business wearing a football shirt. It's pathetic.

imo.
                              Or maybe playing a match

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                Deffo a stupid comment . Ooooh Kayrooooooo
                                I've long since accepted the perils of posting on my iPhone with the demon autocorrect.

Also shouldn't you be embarrassing The Situation at the AC/DC concert? Or have you accepted his world view and retired with a milky cup of tea and some slippers to think of appropriate 40+ year old man things?

Comment

In my younger angrier days once knocked out 2 men over a snack box.
                                  Would prob bury someone for a grand.

Comment

I've long since accepted the perils of posting on my iPhone with the demon autocorrect.

Also shouldn't you be embarrassing The Situation at the AC/DC concert? Or have you accepted his world view and retired with a milky cup of tea and some slippers to think of appropriate 40+ year old man things?
                                    but but it's Kayroo.

I'm minding this guy ironically enough . Missus is book Clubbing, yeah FML

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                      Would you possibly have trouble getting into the states if you were in cuba the previous month?
                                      The couple of times I was in Cuba they stamped my boarding pass instead of my passport.
                                      I was led to believe this was so there would be no hassle at immigration going to the States.

Comment

Originally posted by welk_in View Post
                                        Sorry to butt in here but I'm just wondering is Paul Carr a legit good poker player?
                                        he's a poker god, why do you ask?
                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                          In my younger angrier days once knocked out 2 men over a snack box.
                                          Would prob bury someone for a grand.
                                          You gazumping bastard that was my gig .

Comment

#JeSuisDerek the unsung hero of our times, arrested again by the oppressive Gardaí whilst peacefully protesting today.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                              but but it's Kayroo.

I'm minding this guy ironically enough . Missus is book Clubbing, yeah FML

/Adulthood

Comment

Or have you accepted his world view and retired with a milky cup of tea and some slippers to think of appropriate 40+ year old man things?
                                                On board with the slippers, meh on the milky tea, or tea at all
                                                Originally posted by welk_in View Post

Maybe they should be at home mowing the lawn or reading the paper in front of the fire instead?
                                                It's a bit warm to be lighting a fire m8 Or for mowing the lawn.
                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Everything is about to be hunky dory soon between Cuba and the US anyway.

Obama opening up diplomatic relations with a new embassy about to open.

Better sell those cigars.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    Everything is about to be hunky dory soon between Cuba and the US anyway.

Obama opening up diplomatic relations with a new embassy about to open.

Better sell those cigars.
                                                    If they opened the borders the exodus would dwarf whats happening in the med now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                      If they opened the borders the exodus would dwarf whats happening in the med now.
                                                      But the med situation is closed borders. I'm sure if Europe's borders and the US/Cuba border were open the exodus would be far far greater this side of the pond.

Comment

BBV's fav politician on form

Comment

Sleeping is tough when it's warm out.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                            true dat, any craic?
                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                              How warm is it there at the moment?

God bless LA and it's air conditioning. Top quality!
                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

There's air conditioning in Ireland too. It's just not needed for the 1 percent of the year it's warm
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                  There's air conditioning in Ireland too. It's just not needed for the 1 percent of the year it's warm
                                                                  Trust me, I know that. I am not that far gone... I need the air conditioning every night otherwise I couldn't sleep.
                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

In LA next week, is the weather a bit hazy and cloudy recently?

Comment

craic
                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Trust me, I know that. I am not that far gone... I need the air conditioning every night otherwise I couldn't sleep.
                                                                        Would be nice for the few days all the same
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                          In LA next week, is the weather a bit hazy and cloudy recently?
                                                                          Hazy in the morning usually, it burn itself out mid morning but it has been fairly warm most days. Some clouds but that is fairly unusual.

More importantly, it has only rained 2/3 times in the last 10 months so definitely don't need raingear, don't even need jacket TBH, a light jumper/sweater is only needed in the evening sometimes. Jacket of choice is sport jacket.

What part of LA you going to?

Comment

Hazy in the morning usually, it burn itself out mid morning but it has been fairly warm most days. Some clouds but that is fairly unusual.

More importantly, it has only rained 2/3 times in the last 10 months so definitely don't need raingear, don't even need jacket TBH, a light jumper/sweater is only needed in the evening sometimes. Jacket of choice is sport jacket.

What part of LA you going to?
                                                                            Cool had just heard from a couple of friends over there that it's been a bit hazy over the past few weeks. Was there in both June and September last year and had perfect weather, blue sky and low 30s every day.

We're there just for next Thursday night then going to Vegas on Friday until the Monday or Tuesday then back to LA to party and hit the beach until the 20th. Staying in The Mondrian in West Hollywood with a couple of buddies. Have bookings in some great restaurants including my favourites over there Gjelina in Venice and Nobu Malibu which are both fantastic if you haven't been. Gjelina's food is amazing, and quite reasonable for the quality. Generally I think Nobu restaurants are a let down for the price but the setting in Malibu is easily the best I've experienced anywhere. A table out on the deck catching the sunset can't be beat. It's also great at the weekend for lunch and Paradise Cove is a great beach spot nearby too.

What part do you live in? I'd love to live there for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                              Cool had just heard from a couple of friends over there that it's been a bit hazy over the past few weeks. Was there in both June and September last year and had perfect weather, blue sky and low 30s every day.

We're there just for next Thursday night then going to Vegas on Friday until the Monday or Tuesday then back to LA to party and hit the beach until the 20th. Staying in The Mondrian in West Hollywood with a couple of buddies. Have bookings in some great restaurants including my favourites over there Gjelina in Venice and Nobu Malibu which are both fantastic if you haven't been. Gjelina's food is amazing, and quite reasonable for the quality. Generally I think Nobu restaurants are a let down for the price but the setting in Malibu is easily the best I've experienced anywhere. A table out on the deck catching the sunset can't be beat. It's also great at the weekend for lunch and Paradise Cove is a great beach spot nearby too.

What part do you live in? I'd love to live there for a while.
                                                                              I live in downtown, which while not great does have some nice spot. I would actually prefer to live further west but it is handy for work I.e. 10 mins walk which is brilliant as driving anywhere in LA is horrible.

I have been out in Malibu a couple of times on a weekend and love it. A great beach out there is actually Point Dume which is slightly west of Malibu but is much better than Santa Monica and is not quite so touristy.

Don't know the restaurants you mention but that is hardly surprising as I don't really eat out that often.

One great place I do know is a place called Boneyard Bistro in Sherman Oaks, they do savage BBQ and Bourbon, went there once with the lads from the office and it was really cool place.

Problem with LA is it is too big and widely spread out so it not the best for going out. Having said that, it can be fun as there is so many different variety of stuff to do, and the women are hot!

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                just saying. this time last year 72over came up here and had a drink or two with me then we went fishing next day and went to 'weigh in' of our club competition and BBQ and drinks after till early hrs.
                                                                                Reason I mention is that this year almost all my club members remember 'Dublin Dave' and asked if he was well and remarked that he was a good lad.

that is all and enough.
                                                                                Dublin Dave is alive and well. Came back home for a couple of months at xmas and had planned on legging it off again but my dad isn't in great shape so still hanging around Eire. Apart from that, poker and all the other crap is going grand. We'll have to have another meet up this summer. Not on fb at mo so can sort sommit via pm here
                                                                                It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                  BBV's fav politician on form

Is he still BBV's favourite politician after he got caught out and forced to resign in disgrace?
                                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Does it give you a nasal drip ?
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                        Does it give you a nasal drip ?
                                                                                        Huh? What is that?

I am guessing answer is no.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                          Is he still BBV's favourite politician after he got caught out and forced to resign in disgrace?
                                                                                          He's up there but I think Schauble has just sneaked the No 1 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                            Continuing, due to popular demand, with stories from the other side of the pond.

Spotted in the finefoods section of the supermarket yesterday:

SPOILER

Now just to get some Kimberleys and a few fig rolls in stock and they can truely justify the 'epicerie fine' shelf.
                                                                                            They knew I was coming.

Comment

Huh? What is that?

I am guessing answer is no.
                                                                                              Mucus that runs down the back of your throat when you lay down, it gives you a dry cough and makes you sneeze violently with the tickle....well, me anyway.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Wolfgang Munchau:

Just as the mood in Greece is shifting towards a Yes, the mood in Germany is shifting towards a No. A fine mess
                                                                                                A fine and pithy summary.

Comment

Hmmmm..

Last edited by Emmet; 02-07-15, 08:02.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                    Mucus that runs down the back of your throat when you lay down, it gives you a dry cough and makes you sneeze violently with the tickle....well, me anyway.
                                                                                                    Urgh sound crappy.... Definately not.

Comment

Going to my first gay wedding tomorrow. The Mrs is one of 8 bridesmaids - and not a bride to be seen. What a time to be alive...

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                        Going to my first gay wedding tomorrow. The Mrs is one of 8 bridesmaids - and not a bride to be seen. What a time to be alive...
                                                                                                        In Ireland? I thought the legislation wasn't done yet? Absolutely open to correction on this.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                          What was it he did wrong ? I don't even remember!

I'm sure whatever it was it was right up there with mass murder and running the countries premier organised crime racket or personally ordering the murder of a widowed mother and denying her family access to her body.

Comment

...

Comment

A former finance minister for Greece is among the readers arguing against a “no” vote in Greece’s referendum on Sunday.

Originally posted by GEORGE PAPACONSTANTINOU
                                                                                                              To the Editor:

In his July 29 column, “Greece Over the Brink,” Paul Krugman writes, “Greece should vote ‘no,’ and the Greek government should be ready, if necessary, to leave the euro.”

I am astounded at the ease with which he recommends this at a time when A.T.M.s in Athens are empty, capital controls — with a 60-euro daily withdrawal limit — are in place, lines are forming at gas stations and supermarkets, and pensions are not being paid. And he nonchalantly adds, “Much and perhaps most of the feared chaos from Grexit” — a Greek exit from the euro — “has already happened.”

Really? Perhaps this is how it is seen from New York; it is certainly not how it feels in Athens.

Mr. Krugman, together with a number of other illustrious American economists, looks at Greece as a playground for the austerity versus non-austerity debate. Except that this is not the issue in Greece today.

There were no doubt many faults in the bailout programs that Greece entered into. But what they and successive Greek governments since 2010 achieved, starting with the one in which I served as finance minister under George Papandreou, was to avoid exactly the meltdown we are seeing today.

After five years of tremendous economic and social pain, in the beginning of 2015 the economy was growing again. What lay ahead was a promise of additional debt relief, and economic and social recovery.

It took five short months for the government of Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras to destroy all this because of a mix of ideological blindness, lack of understanding of the basic eurozone rules, unforgivable brinkmanship and plain incompetence.

To cap it all, the government announced a referendum on the creditors’ demands, giving the Greek people a week (!) to make a decision that could define the country for generations.

It is no exaggeration to say that Greece is today slowly sliding toward totalitarianism. And a “no” vote in Sunday’s referendum will be one more step in that direction. Progressives should not provide intellectual cover for this.

(Greek Prime Minister 2011 - 2012)

Comment

Can anyone tell me the best Xmas Market in Germany?

Thinking it would be a nice present for the other half's bday next month.

Comment

...

Comment

What was it he did wrong ? I don't even remember!

I'm sure whatever it was it was right up there with mass murder and running the countries premier organised crime racket or personally ordering the murder of a widowed mother and denying her family access to her body.
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    Let's not forget the pedophilia and rape too.
                                                                                                                    Don't remember? Cool. I don't any politician or political party in Ireland approaches fascism, but Shatter sure has balls to throw around the term considering his disastrous tenure as Justice Minister and some of the, eh, "inappropriate" statements and decisions he was responsible for while in the post.

I'm sure FG are really passionate about political reform though.
                                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      In Ireland? I thought the legislation wasn't done yet? Absolutely open to correction on this.
                                                                                                                      No gay weddings in Ireland until next year probably. Gay civil partnership ceremonies are absolutely alive and well until then.

Comment

Good time Charlie McCreevy's unapologetic performance yesterday must push him high up on our favourite politician list

Comment

Good time Charlie McCreevy's unapologetic performance yesterday must push him high up on our favourite politician list
                                                                                                                          Indeed. A bizarre but somewhat expected performance. And a real reminder of FF arrogance and smugness from a decade ago.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X