Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had a blueberry muffin that I heated in the oven, with whipped cream and a coffee and some AIDS
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Yeah, full on civil war in Greece being a manifestation of this. In retrospect Churchill and Truman should've let the Commies take over. They'd never have elected these chumps if they had already lived the reality.
      Its not that hard to imagine it kicking off again in some Places. Really makes the trouble up the road look like schoolyard handbags

Comment

Athens, 5am

Expect capital controls by the end of the weekend, probably army on the streets too.
        Goo feasting time?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
          Goo feasting time?
          Looking on the bright side, we should be able to buy a nice retirement place on a Greek island for 25k in a couple of years. Win.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Its not that hard to imagine it kicking off again in some Places. Really makes the trouble up the road look like schoolyard handbags
            It did! Remember that place Yugoslavia?

Comment

Looking on the bright side, we should be able to buy a nice retirement place on a Greek island for 25k in a couple of years. Win.
              Horsehead Elite Stock Photo of the moment in question

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Looking on the bright side, we should be able to buy a nice retirement place on a Greek island for 15k in a couple of Weeks Win.
                FYP; )

Comment

It did! Remember that place Yugoslavia?
                  I meant kicking off yet again! Theres going to be a lot of unrest ahead and plenty of boogeymen (Muslims,immigrants,Muslim immigrants) for opportunists to direct peoples frustrations towards.

Comment

On the last laptop i had Hola unblocker running on Chrome no issues.

Trying to install it again and the add-on is missing, a brief google tells me they were selling users bandwidth and stuff.

Anything else to use free to access the BBC player for Glastonbury stream ? waterboys are on stage 13.30
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

I think i have it working in firefox after downloading something, playing content from the player anyway.
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

At least the debate over whether Tsipihils and Varoufuckit are genius game theorists is now over.
                        5/6 months of grandstanding in government, after feeding populist lies and bs to the electorate to win them over, and when push comes to shove, they toss it all back at the people and say "you do it".

Ridiculous. We could've done this in January, at a time when the Greek economy was ticking along far healthier, tax takes were up, confidence was up and Greece was slowly, slowly starting to look like a corner had been turned.

Instead the pair have caused tangible damage to the economy and mood with months of anti-everything and insults, and then foisted the decision, which remains exactly as it always has been "Accept the terms of credit that is available to us, or default", back onto the people who they've conned into believing that there was another option.

Murphy must be in awe.
                        Last edited by Emmet; 27-06-15, 09:29.

Comment

RE: Banks/ATMS/Cash
                          Originally posted by @RobertNisbet
                          Every Greek bank can open one branch each Saturday. They've agreed together to close them all. ATM only option now
                          Originally posted by @RobertNisbet
                          We have seen an ATM run out of money and the queue move down to next bank. Radio stns broadcasting which ATMs still have cash.

Comment

The question will contain two choices stated as "Those citizens that reject the proposal of the three institutions vote 'Not approved/No'" and "Those citizens that agree with the proposal of the three institutions vote 'Approved/Yes'"
                            That's that then. Early start Monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                              This is like when I hear reports about the performance of the Greek stock market; who the hell still has money in there?

Comment

At least the debate over whether Tsipihils and Varoufuckit are genius game theorists is now over.
                                I wonder ... looks like a clever move to me. This way they either get a deal through that they are officially against, or the whole thing goes down the pan. Whatever the outcome, it is the people themselves who will have to take 'ownership' of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                  This is like when I hear reports about the performance of the Greek stock market; who the hell still has money in there?
                                  There's almost certainly a large element of "we've been here many times before" for plenty of Greeks. Boy who cried Wolf esque.

Obviously, opposition parties have flipped out at the PM

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                    I wonder ... looks like a clever move to me. This way they either get a deal through that they are officially against, or the whole thing goes down the pan. Whatever the outcome, it is the people themselves who will have to take 'ownership' of it.
                                    Originally posted by hmmm
                                    Syria have driven the Greek economy off of a cliff, and are now handing the keys to the screaming passengers in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                      who the hell still has money in there?
                                      Even if you've moved your savings out of the country, your salary (and also maybe pension/benifits) is still likely being paid into a local bank account.

Comment

Super 15 semi final on sky is a cracker just to let ye know
                                        https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

GOT S5 finale
                                          SPOILER
                                          thought that was decent, if a bit rushed. Thought the cersei scene was very well done. Don't like the idea of Jon snow being bought back from the dead
                                          I thought it was a pretty good season,enjoyed it more than S4,but I seem to be in the minority if online reaction is anything to go by,particularly from book readers. I still think in the long run book readers are going to be screwed by father time

Comment

"hey i'm trying to film here"

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYYwM6aNegs

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                              Even if you've moved your savings out of the country, your salary (and also maybe pension/benifits) is still likely being paid into a local bank account.
                                              Would have thought the sensible thing would be to direct all your savings out of the country and mainly be living with cash.

Comment

The Greek government has called a referendum, due to be held on July 5th. The announced intention is that the question should be whether or not the Greeks should accept the final offer from Greece’s government creditors on the conditions for receiving more loans and continued support for the Greek banks. This gives rise to […]

Comment

So once Greece go who is next ? I presume we aren't that far down the list, despite our good boy status. trying to reinstate boom era pay for civil servants,ffs

Comment

Would have thought the sensible thing would be to direct all your savings out of the country and mainly be living with cash.
                                                    Not following you. Even if you do all the above don't you still have to go to ATMs, e.g., your weekly Friday wages (or last Friday of the month salary payment) was put into your account yesterday. So in order to translate it into living cash you still had to join the growing queue at the ATM.
                                                    Maybe I'm being thick.

Comment

Are Alpacas quite common in Ireland these days? Anyway, here's the sight that greeted me outside my kitchen window in the sticks this morning: My brothers old english sheepdog looking confused as to why there is a herd of Alpacas so close to his territory.

(Apologies for image size; no idea how to add large images the way you guys can).
                                                      Attached Files
                                                      Last edited by DMMurray; 27-06-15, 10:54.

Comment

Not following you. Even if you do all the above don't you still have to go to ATMs, e.g., your weekly Friday wages (or last Friday of the month salary payment) was put into your account yesterday. So in order to translate it into living cash you still had to join the growing queue at the ATM.
                                                        Maybe I'm being thick.
                                                        Denny is referring to savings. For future cash flows (salaries, pensions etc), forget about them. They'll either be paid in much reduced real terms (i.e. New Drachma) or simply not paid at all.

'Fucked' is the official term.

Comment

Denny is referring to savings. For future cash flows (salaries, pensions etc), forget about them. They'll either be paid in much reduced real terms (i.e. New Drachma) or simply not paid at all.

'Fucked' is the official term.
                                                          Rewind 4 years, this is what the current PM (who just called a referendum instead of making the decision) said about the previous PM's decision to call an referendum instead of making the decision.

Originally posted by marmurr1916
                                                          What Tsipras said about the 2011 proposal to hold a referendum on the Greek bailout deal:

Comment

Denny was wondering why the hell anyone would still have money in a Greek bank such that they'd have to be queueing outside ATMs at ungodly hours, the implication being that those photos we see must be of people who are a bit thick.
                                                            I was just pointing out that its flawed logic, as ultimately its difficult not to have at least some money in a local bank because of the way your employer pays you. Even clever people can find themselves having to queue round the block if they want to get their last few pounds.

Comment

Maybe I'm being thick.
                                                              Yeah I hadn't thought of people getting paid on Friday; I was thinking of the queues are "ah feck we're fucked better get the loots out".

If I was Greek and couldn't get my wages paid into a bank account in Italy/Malta/Cyrpus I'd certainly have direct debit to ship it all out every week/month and use that debit card. But I suppose even then you'd be looking for extra emergency cash.

Still seems to be a decent amount left though

The 2 billion euros taken out between Monday and Wednesday represent about 1.5 percent of total household and corporate deposits of 133.6 billion euros held by Greek banks as of end-April. Prior to this week, withdrawals had been running at 200-300 million euros a day.

Unlike mass withdrawals in 2012 when Greece last flirted with bankruptcy, Greeks are keeping most of the money that has been withdrawn at home rather than sending it abroad, the central bank said in a monetary policy report on Wednesday.
                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 27-06-15, 11:41.

Comment

Bleak

SPOILER

Last edited by Denny Crane; 27-06-15, 11:37.

Comment

I put it as someone having gangrene in their foot. Surgeon says we better get rid of this but a herbalist turns up and says sure I have a special blend of sage and parsley. After a week and it didn't clear up the guy goes back to the surgeon and loses the leg.

All the messing round has ensured that the markets will take their time lending again. Can't really see how a country with no real industry outside of tourism and feta cheese can expect to get back in the black with no tax collection. Whatever about leaving the euro I think disbanding the whole country, levelling every thing and moving all the people out and starting again with settlers on horse back is the only viable option.

Comment

Just to be clear, Greece was screwed before Syriza. But they have taken a fire and turned it into an inferno. Not to mention alienating themselves from every single partner, national or supranational, in Europe. Pretty neat trick.

Any FG/FF/LAB TD up against a SF/SP/AAA/PBP challenger has just had their manifesto written for them. "See what these guys friends did when they got the gig? You want to be in the same boat? Right so"

Comment

Any FG/FF/LAB TD up against a SF/SP/AAA/PBP challenger has just had their manifesto written for them. "See what these guys friends did when they got the gig? You want to be in the same boat? Right so"
                                                                      Ah yea but we will still be taking the bit out of starving children's mouths to pay 'The Bondholders' billions ever day while each and every Greek citizen will have a clean slate with free healthcare, education and a pony too
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

lulz

Comment

LOL

Peader ' I Didn't bury the bodies myself ' Tobin of Syrizia Fein
                                                                          "The referendum is a master stroke"

You couldn't make this shit up.
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Everyone on the left seems to think it's a master stroke, with the troika gone Greece will be free from austerity...until they run out of money next month.

Comment

Everyone on the left seems to think it's a master stroke, with the troika gone Greece will be free from austerity...until they run out of money next month.
                                                                              Probably within 72 hours tbh

Comment

@ Eamo, looks like it's not gonna be as glorious an evening as we hoped. Just hope it doesn't piss rain.

Bet you thought I was gonna ask you a 'what time do I need to get to the airport' Q, guessing you're bleedin sick of those.
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

murica

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

#hometovote

Comment

Saw romper stomper for the first time finally. What a hard core movie, loved it. How did I miss it. If you like mindless skinhead violence with a depressing outlook quadrophenia style this is for you . Think it was1992 era, a young Russel Crowe. Great movie

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                        Saw romper stomper for the first time finally. What a hard core movie, loved it. How did I miss it. If you like mindless skinhead violence with a depressing outlook quadrophenia style this is for you . Think it was1992 era, a young Russel Crowe. Great movie
                                                                                        Only rewatched it last week. Does be on Film4 every now and then. Mrs tried to watch it but gave up 15mins in.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                          Is it bad that I find "pulling on the boots", the song from the party in it,really catchy? It is isnt it
                                                                                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 27-06-15, 14:02.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                            I put it as someone having gangrene ..... only viable option.
                                                                                            I don't disagree with you at all. What I thought was 'clever' was putting it to people, thus 'spreading the blame' whatever the outcome.

Greece has been in deep sh*te for a long time, the only real question is how the 'day of reckoning' will actually come about.

Comment

..
                                                                                              Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              Only rewatched it last week. Does be on Film4 every now and then. Mrs tried to watch it but gave up 15mins in.
                                                                                              It's not for girls . Think I needed a movie like that to reawaken the dormant testosterone in my system. Now who wants their go ?

Comment

Remains to be seen, but has to be some chance the referendum will pass. As the week goes on it will become a clearer choice between stay in the Euro or not, think there are good few polls already that show high % that want to stay in.

Comment

Is it bad that I find "pulling on the boots", the song from the party in it,really catchy? It is isnt it
                                                                                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IjZpPToGOg
                                                                                                  Lol not at all, I knocked over some teddy bears and kicked a toy tractor listening to it. It's great stuff . I took a particular dislike to the kids panda bear 'cause he was forking Asian .

Comment

Remains to be seen, but has to be some chance the referendum will pass. As the week goes on it will become a clearer choice between stay in the Euro or not, think there are good few polls already that show high % that want to stay in.
                                                                                                    Anyone who wants to by an imported good ever again. Breaking off with no real assets to back your currency will have it devaluing faster than the mark after ww2.

If I was living in Greece I would be worried about black markets, fuel riots when oil becomes unreal expensive to import, if I was sick how is this going to effect the cost of medicine and generally what the fuck am I going to do if I want a new car or tv etc as poor exchange rates will make them so expensive.

Gold standard or dictator in 2 years if they go on their own I would imagine unless Putin decides to bring them into the new Soviet Union.

Comment

Haven't seen any polls myself but no is priced up as a strong favourite. Gov position and wording of the vote helping a no too. Maybe they'll all change once they get some time to think about it.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 27-06-15, 14:33.

Comment

The referendum is noise. Scheduled after the beginning of the deal that was offered. Offer won't be available at that stage as default to IMF already happened (unless they've a few bn sitting somewhere?) so I'm not quite sure what the point of the referendum would be?

Comment

A neighbour of mine has been living in Athens for years hes 40 a history professor and sinn fein man.
                                                                                                          Would love a good chat with him and see what the feeling is on the ground.
                                                                                                          Panic dread fear?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                            A neighbour of mine has been living in Athens for years hes 40 a history professor and sinn fein man.
                                                                                                            Would love a good chat with him and see what the feeling is on the ground.
                                                                                                            Panic dread fear?
                                                                                                            excitement, could be the closest he gets to a zombie apocalypse
                                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Does the goings on in Greece affect me in any way?

Comment

Haven't seen any polls myself but no is priced up as a strong favourite. Gov position and wording of the vote helping a no too. Maybe they'll all change once they get some time to think about it.
                                                                                                                Doesn't really matter. Programme ends at midnight on Tuesday, Syriza have decided not accept the extension. Thus default is automatic and the consequences are savage. Syriza's choice.

They're gone: Schauble and Djisselbloem confirmed it. Eurogroup is down one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                  Does the goings on in Greece affect me in any way?
                                                                                                                  We'll have to write off a portion of the 350m we lent them. Otherwise no.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                    Pretty ridiculous.

Comment

We'll have to write off a portion of the 350m we lent them. Otherwise no.
                                                                                                                      closer to 1bn apparently including the Target 2 cash

Comment

GOT S5 finale
                                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                                        thought that was decent, if a bit rushed. Thought the cersei scene was very well done. Don't like the idea of Jon snow being bought back from the dead
                                                                                                                        I thought it was a pretty good season,enjoyed it more than S4,but I seem to be in the minority if online reaction is anything to go by,particularly from book readers. I still think in the long run book readers are going to be screwed by father time
                                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                                        I think they had to kill him if he was to be the azri whatever they are waiting on. He is a warg so he may be in ghosts body right now!

Started reading the books, funny to do so after watching the show first as I hear the actors voices as I read lol. On the second book and enjoying them

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X