This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seen Jon Favreau's 'Chef'?

Watched it last night, first time I've really enjoyed a movie in a long time.

What a cool soundtrack. Hot 8 Brass band of IPB Music King fame getting a full spin in a great scene.

Loved it, highly recommend.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Reading back over the UK election, you have to be impressed by the sheer brutality of it. The decapitated corpses of Clegg, Farage and the fratricidal Milliband all lie dead while Cameron stands alone on the stage wearing the crown. Hopefully we get some of this theatre in Ireland next year.
      When you play the game of UK elections you win or you die

Comment

Since the weekends have become entirely consumed with taking care of small people, the working week is now my weekend. TGIS.

Comment

Who do we like for the Players Champ now? Still a great betting opportunity.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Since the weekends have become entirely consumed with taking care of small people, the working week is now my weekend. TGIS.
              The wipers on the bus go swish swish swish all day long

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                26ish in the shade, peaking at 32-35 in direct sunlight. Pool weather
                got myself roped into playing a regular 7-a-side game by bohsman. It was only on the way to the first game that he informed me that they run for 2 to 2.5 hours normally.

It was 28 degrees on Friday when we kicked off, 2 hours of running sauntering around in that does wonders for weight loss....

...at least until you get to the cheap pizza and beers later on anyway
                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Comment

Want to get this stand for my wife's Nexus 10, for her birthday.

It's only available on Amazon's US site, won't ship to Ireland (or PMotel). Any ideas how to get around that? I found a site called US buyers club but as far as I can see you need to join that and pay a sub.

Any B&M shops in Dublin where I might get one or one similar?

Comment

B&M would be preferable as we have a joint account and she'll see I've bought it.

Great way to cut down on your online spunk puntage btw, a joint account.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

It's only available on Amazon's US site, won't ship to Ireland (or PMotel). Any ideas how to get around that? I found a site called US buyers club but as far as I can see you need to join that and pay a sub.

something like this? it's a uk site but looks available through lots of shops

B&M would be preferable as we have a joint account and she'll see I've bought it.

Great way to cut down on your online spunk puntage btw, a joint account.
                        you're doing it wrong. Joint accounts are for the household, family, bills etc., you still keep a personal account for everything else ldo

Comment

That one looks the job Shrap, cheers man.

Oh, the joint account thing is good, I'm rarely broke these days.

Comment

Joint accounts ? Madness.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                              Who do we like for the Players Champ now? Still a great betting opportunity.
                              Have Kirk backed from early Friday but loads with chances. Betfair trading dream
                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

There are sites like parcel motel in the US, they take your deliver y and ship it on to ireland to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                  got myself roped into playing a regular 7-a-side game by bohsman. It was only on the way to the first game that he informed me that they run for 2 to 2.5 hours normally.

It was 28 degrees on Friday when we kicked off, 2 hours of running sauntering around in that does wonders for weight loss....

...at least until you get to the cheap pizza and beers later on anyway
                                  Fell into this trap too. Despite being more active over here I put on quite a bit of weight. Gave up the booze 3 weeks ago and started consistently walking an hour a day, watching the diet etc. and things are heading in the right direction.

Comment

Trying to decide which bet is better - Man City ht/ft 4/7 or Man city to score in both halves 8/15. Hmm, just realised Man city ht winning is actually 8/15.
                                    Last edited by hotspur; 10-05-15, 12:13.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      Trying to decide which bet is better - Man City ht/ft 4/7 or Man city to score in both halves 8/15. Hmm, just realised Man city ht winning is actually 8/15.
                                      Id say your safe enough now.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Anyone seen Jon Favreau's 'Chef'?

Watched it last night, first time I've really enjoyed a movie in a long time.

What a cool soundtrack. Hot 8 Brass band of IPB Music King fame getting a full spin in a great scene.

Loved it, highly recommend.
                                        Great feel good movie, soundtrack is fantastic.
                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

That horrible moment when every single team around you captained Aguero and you captained Sanchez trying to catch the 2 who gained a huge lead. From top 2 for 2 months to out of top 5. R.I.P. Fantasy footie 2015 for me
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

What's For Tea currently in action at Plumpton. Does not look like a sound investment
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Filipe Luis; Mikel, Loftus-Cheek; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Remy

Mignolet, Johnson, Lovren, Skrtel, Can, Gerrard, Coutinho, Henderson, Lallana, Sterling, Lambert

£6 m8s

Comment

mornin m8s
                                                wake up with a sore head
                                                happy bday to andyfb
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                  Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Filipe Luis; Mikel, Loftus-Cheek; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Remy

Mignolet, Johnson, Lovren, Skrtel, Can, Gerrard, Coutinho, Henderson, Lallana, Sterling, Lambert

£6 m8s
                                                  Will you tell Jose a draw will do. Tyvm

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                    Will you tell Jose a draw will do. Tyvm
                                                    I need a win m8 so no can do m8 sorry m8.

Comment

ill let you out £5.50 now?
                                                      cup tea and toast may sort me
                                                      for he's a jolly good fellow, andyfb
                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I need a win m8 so no can do m8 sorry m8.
                                                        Np m8. I'll take a CFC win 2 m8. GL. Wud b nice 2 secure top 4 2day

Comment

What age is AFB? I'm gonna guess 33?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                            ill let you out £5.50 now?
                                                            cup tea and toast may sort me
                                                            for he's a jolly good fellow, andyfb
                                                            No ta m8

HB2UAFB

Comment

On the auld front page of reddit this is

How the Iona Institute imagines Ireland after a Yes result.

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Chelsea = free money

Comment

Enjoy your Mams dinner AFB. Bacon and cabbage ftw. Release your inner culchie.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                    Chelsea = free money
                                                                    Would be hilarious if this team outperforms the first choice side.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                      That horrible moment when every single team around you captained Aguero and you captained Sanchez trying to catch the 2 who gained a huge lead. From top 2 for 2 months to out of top 5. R.I.P. Fantasy footie 2015 for me
                                                                      Did the same thing. Might end up costing me 400 euro
                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                        SPOILER

Comment

Disneyland paris - the most stressful palce on Earth

So the wife booked a holiday for us in Disneyland Paris. I had to pay for it.
                                                                          Flight departed at 6.30am – giving me exactly 4 hours from finishing work the night before to driving out the door. Bad start.

Arriving at CDG Airport we discovered we had to get from Terminal 1 to terminal 3. Thanks to the excellently designed airport we couldn’t put our bags on a trolley – we (I) had to carry them. French cunce can’t fucking do anything right.

We eventually – 30 minutes later - got to the bus to take us to Disneyland. The driver just stood there and watched as people struggled to pack their own suitcases into the hold. He then continued to watch as other people struggled to ferry their children onto the bus in the pouring rain. French cunce.

The hotel was fine - the room had 2 double beds and a cot, No minibar and limited toiletries. – perfect for a family of 5. (rolleyes)
                                                                          I had been forced to cough up a few extra quid to upgrade to the ‘golden forest room’. Money well spent as the queue for breakfast in the morning for the normal goons was 40 minutes. I shit you not – 40 minutes. We had a separate room where there was no queue and a hot breakfast was available. They also didn’t mind you taking a load of grub with you in your bag – saving you buying lunch.

Off to the park we go – about a ten minute walk from the hotel room. Every time you enter a park/area, your fucking bag is scanned/searched. Every fucking time. I mean what do they expect to find ? – you can enter with food, photography equipment, knives and forks and all manner of liquids. It’s not like a family of 5 from Ireland is going to bring a load of C4 into fucking Disneyland.

The queues for the rides were at least 45 minutes for a 2 minutes ride. If you saw some of these rides on bray seafront you wouldn’t bother with them. But we had the kids so had to do it i suppose.

The food was shite – utter shite. And expensive. There were 9 of us out for lunch the first day. 4 adults, 4 children and a baby. Burger and chips type of thing with maybe pasta for the kids. €180. €180 for fucking lunch. The dinner was not much better. Same type of shite for the same money. One evening we decided to ‘go cheap’ and bought 3 hotdogs. 44 fucking euro. Robbing French cunce.

Myself and my mate were allowed to go off for a boozey lunch in the centre of Paris on the Wednesday. We took full advantage . There will be a review in the RRT over the next few days.

The French as a race came off very bad IMO. They just barge past you, offer no help and are just generally cunce.
                                                                          At least in Disneyland Florida – if you can stand the over bearing Septics - the staff/’cast members’ will go out of their way to help you.

Travelling to DLP with 2 young children and a bay is not advised. There’s too much walking – it’s too expensive and ironically the park isn’t very buggy friendly. The fucking curbs are like the cliffs of moher. If you are unfortunate to get up on a sidewalk – there’s no guarantee you’ll get back down.
                                                                          The queues are too long, the weather is only okay, the food is shite.

If you are forced to go. I’d advise planning each day like a military exercise, booking your restaurants at least 3 months in advance and bringing loads of cash.

The plus side - the look on the kids faces when the parade goes by is priceless - especially when Flynn Rider blows your daughter a kiss.
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          Fucking peado - wait till I get hold of the cunt
                                                                          And buzz lightyear high fives your three year old.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                            What age is AFB? I'm gonna guess 33?
                                                                            35 today m8. On the downhill to 40 now.
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Would be hilarious if this team outperforms the first choice side.
                                                                              You could play the U21's and they'd win without getting out of second gear.

I've never seen a Liverpool side with so little fight in them than these bunch of bums. Not one leader in the team unless you count the ghost of Gerrard.

Comment

Showing that^^ to Mrs Duke newbie (staying within a drive of DLP this summer). You have admirably reinforced my determination never to set foot in the place.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                  35 today m8. On the downhill to 40 now.
                                                                                  You only looked 33 tops when I met you.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                    You only looked 33 tops when I met you.
                                                                                    He's one of those wierdos that looks younger as the night goes on. Rigger is another.

Comment

You could play the U21's and they'd win without getting out of second gear.

I've never seen a Liverpool side with so little fight in them than these bunch of bums. Not one leader in the team unless you count the ghost of Gerrard.
                                                                                      Next year is your year m8

Comment

He's one of those wierdos that looks younger as the night goes on. Rigger is another.
                                                                                        Rigger looks 17 yet is touching on 40.

Comment

Im all over the draw.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Rigger looked like he needed ID to get served

Comment

Captain, Leader, Legend.

Comment

Racist, Cheater, Cokehead.

Comment

Racist, Cheater, Cokehead.
                                                                                                  Not guilty, Proven False, Enjoys a night out.

Comment

Championes, championes, ole, ole, ole.
                                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

What age is Rigger? Would've put him at 27 absolute max.

HB Andy m8.
                                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                        What age is Rigger? Would've put him at 27 absolute max.

HB Andy m8.
                                                                                                        38

Comment

Should probably take Fabregas off now. He'll be sent off soon.

Comment

38
                                                                                                            No way Jose
                                                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post

So the wife booked a holiday for us in Disneyland Paris. I had to pay for it.
                                                                                                              Flight departed at 6.30am – giving me exactly 4 hours from finishing work the night before to driving out the door. Bad start.

Arriving at CDG Airport we discovered we had to get from Terminal 1 to terminal 3. Thanks to the excellently designed airport we couldn’t put our bags on a trolley – we (I) had to carry them. French cunce can’t fucking do anything right.

We eventually – 30 minutes later - got to the bus to take us to Disneyland. The driver just stood there and watched as people struggled to pack their own suitcases into the hold. He then continued to watch as other people struggled to ferry their children onto the bus in the pouring rain. French cunce.

The hotel was fine - the room had 2 double beds and a cot, No minibar and limited toiletries. – perfect for a family of 5. (rolleyes)
                                                                                                              I had been forced to cough up a few extra quid to upgrade to the ‘golden forest room’. Money well spent as the queue for breakfast in the morning for the normal goons was 40 minutes. I shit you not – 40 minutes. We had a separate room where there was no queue and a hot breakfast was available. They also didn’t mind you taking a load of grub with you in your bag – saving you buying lunch.

Off to the park we go – about a ten minute walk from the hotel room. Every time you enter a park/area, your fucking bag is scanned/searched. Every fucking time. I mean what do they expect to find ? – you can enter with food, photography equipment, knives and forks and all manner of liquids. It’s not like a family of 5 from Ireland is going to bring a load of C4 into fucking Disneyland.

The queues for the rides were at least 45 minutes for a 2 minutes ride. If you saw some of these rides on bray seafront you wouldn’t bother with them. But we had the kids so had to do it i suppose.

The food was shite – utter shite. And expensive. There were 9 of us out for lunch the first day. 4 adults, 4 children and a baby. Burger and chips type of thing with maybe pasta for the kids. €180. €180 for fucking lunch. The dinner was not much better. Same type of shite for the same money. One evening we decided to ‘go cheap’ and bought 3 hotdogs. 44 fucking euro. Robbing French cunce.

Myself and my mate were allowed to go off for a boozey lunch in the centre of Paris on the Wednesday. We took full advantage . There will be a review in the RRT over the next few days.

The French as a race came off very bad IMO. They just barge past you, offer no help and are just generally cunce.
                                                                                                              At least in Disneyland Florida – if you can stand the over bearing Septics - the staff/’cast members’ will go out of their way to help you.

Travelling to DLP with 2 young children and a bay is not advised. There’s too much walking – it’s too expensive and ironically the park isn’t very buggy friendly. The fucking curbs are like the cliffs of moher. If you are unfortunate to get up on a sidewalk – there’s no guarantee you’ll get back down.
                                                                                                              The queues are too long, the weather is only okay, the food is shite.

If you are forced to go. I’d advise planning each day like a military exercise, booking your restaurants at least 3 months in advance and bringing loads of cash.

The plus side - the look on the kids faces when the parade goes by is priceless - especially when Flynn Rider blows your daughter a kiss.
                                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                                              Fucking peado - wait till I get hold of the cunt
                                                                                                              And buzz lightyear high fives your three year old.
                                                                                                              Had a similar poor experience over there. I'm sure one or two here will remember. Hate France

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                Had a similar poor experience over there. I'm sure one or two here will remember. Hate France
                                                                                                                At least you had Werewolf to keep you occupied. Til your own WW team munched you.

Comment

Right. Anybody with any legal knowledge? On Friday a largish sum of money was transferred into my account by a company employing a guy with the same name as me on the same job I used to work on. I have spent a fair bit paying bills and repairing my car. How screwed on a legal standpoint am I?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                      Tayto Park is class. At times odd, but highly enjoyable. Well done those people.
                                                                                                                      Did you see any Sheep m8

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                        Tayto Park is class. At times odd, but highly enjoyable. Well done those people.
                                                                                                                        Confirmed fan. Better than Disneyland and you get free crisps too.

Comment

Originally posted by Airlieraiser View Post
                                                                                                                          Right. Anybody with any legal knowledge? On Friday a largish sum of money was transferred into my account by a company employing a guy with the same name as me on the same job I used to work on. I have spent a fair bit paying bills and repairing my car. How screwed on a legal standpoint am I?
                                                                                                                          A victimless crime

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X