This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
    Phone was stolen over the weekend, only need something for six months. What's the best android option value wise at the moment?
    Moto G second gen.

It's 12:30am sunday night, what am I doing...making a hundreds of sausage rolls from seitan (80% protein), probably as much real sausage in mine as yours
    Surprisingly little effort, cost fuck all and taste class.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
      Link to a decent stream please
      This one is alright.

Near enough to Knockananna

Link here:

Stream

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        Moto G second gen.

It's 12:30am sunday night, what am I doing...making a hundreds of sausage rolls from seitan (80% protein), probably as much real sausage in mine as yours

SPOILER

No offense mate but that looks disgusting... I would take a sausage over that anyday.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Poxy internet has been down for the past hour, only back on. ffs
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Moto G second gen.

SPOILER

It's 12.30am on Monday m8

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              Poxy internet has been down for the past hour, only back on. ffs
              Make sure it stays for inevitable drama
              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                No offense mate but that looks disgusting... I would take a sausage over that anyday.
                Although stage four looks like something Barry White would step away from, stage five looks quite appetising imho.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  Make sure it stays for inevitable drama
                  It's fucking squeezing the life out of me. Been giving gip all weekend. Ok now thank jaysus, but could go again any minute. Sick, I'm off work tomorrow and all. Bottle of Bombay and tonic, wife off to bed, this is almost perfect,.

One time.

I am actually punting on this after all. Sweating anyway.

Comment

Although stage four looks like something Barry White would step away from, stage five looks quite appetising imho.
                    Perhaps, but once I've seen stage 4, it would be going straight into the bin... Mental scars and all that jazz...
                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

It's fucking squeezing the life out of me. Been giving gip all weekend. Ok now thank jaysus, but could go again any minute. Sick, I'm off work tomorrow and all. Bottle of Bombay and tonic, wife off to bed, this is almost perfect,.

One time.

I am actually punting on this after all. Sweating anyway.
                      Who you on. Snedeker?
                      airport, lol

Comment

Who you on. Snedeker?
                        No, didn't punt at all.

Was just about to post that Sned is gonna do this.

Comment

Red Sky at night, Ballymun is on fire.

Looks like The Towers (pub) is up in flames.

Comment

No, didn't punt at all.

Was just about to post that Sned is gonna do this.
                            Oh ya I get ya now ha. Hope for drama finish anyhow
                            airport, lol

Comment

You goin to Manu Chao?

Comment

You goin to Manu Chao?
                                That's the plan. Hoping for some sun
                                airport, lol

Comment

Saturday is also last day of gin festival, unsure what that means but I'll have some gin.
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Manu chao would be great. Somehow ended up at beck and And So I Watch You From Afar in the last week without planning to so chao could be next.
                                    People here don't seem to realise how big he is in other countries.

Comment

That's the plan. Hoping for some sun
                                      Yeah, pissy rain just wouldn't suit. Fingers crossed.

Thinking of going, hopefully hook up with you in there

Comment

Manu chao would be great. Somehow ended up at beck and And So I Watch You From Afar in the last week without planning to so chao could be next.
                                        There's still tickets. 30 euro. Nice venue in Kilmainham if weather is kind
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Wanna make a mini ipb meetup, beer or two beforehand?

Comment

Yeah, pissy rain just wouldn't suit. Fingers crossed.

Thinking of going, hopefully hook up with you in there
                                            Cool. Supposed to be dry all week. Hopefully it stays that long
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Worst gig I was ever at, 10 years ago in the point, MANU Chao. Some enjoyed it I heard.

Comment

Yeah it's a grand aul spot I work right beside it so hear the concerts a lot. Was lovely weather for beck lazing around int he grass, will see if I can make it.

killed some russian guy in a game of counters strike there: "fuck olives received. got ME spartan"
                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-06-15, 00:30.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                  Johnson has this wrapped up m8s, yis can go to bed.
                                                  Fine BBVing there sir. Golf is heating up nicely now.

Comment

Just watched the man in the high castle pilot (http://www.amazon.com/The-Man-High-Castle/dp/B00RSGFRY8), it was very good. Does anyone know when the rest of the episodes will be released? I can't find any information online.

Comment

Puke!

Unlucky lads!
                                                      Had a tenner on Grace myself

Comment

Some charge from Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                          Puke!

Unlucky lads!
                                                          Had a tenner on Grace myself
                                                          Fun while it lasted.

Comment

Bloody hell Jordan!!!! We may see a playoff yet.

Comment

Exciting finish.

Comment

Great finish to this.

Comment

So sick being on Grace this last 30 mins at 100/1 EW

Comment

Wow Spieth. That is clutch.

Comment

Major Sunday!!
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Playoff? What format for playoff?

Comment

Playoff? What format for playoff?
                                                                          18 holes tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                            18 holes tomorrow.
                                                                            That sucks...

Comment

Fuck... That is sick. Hell of a finish

Comment

That sucks...
                                                                                Ouch, that was hard to watch.

Comment

Druggies never win.

Comment

So bad.
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Ugghh, so sick.

Comment

ship the lovely chadley loots
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                          bink.

Although if he'd shot -2 for the day and finished on -3 for the tournament the place money would have been nice.

GG Shane, very solid tournament.

Comment

D-Day for Greece today.

Tsipiras will be feeling that mythical hand of history (probably around his throat rather than on his shoulder).
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              D-Day for Greece today.

Tsipiras will be feeling that mythical hand of history (probably around his throat rather than on his shoulder).
                                                                                              There'll be a deal.

Comment

There'll be a deal.
                                                                                                I agree with this but I can't shake the feeling that Greece could try and be too cute and do something stupid.
                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                  I agree with this but I can't shake the feeling that Greece could try and be too cute and do something stupid.
                                                                                                  They already have.

The proposals sent last night/early hours this morning weren't the finalised ones apparently...

Let's see what the differences are. Possibly the 'first draft' were broadly in agreement with EZ leaders, but the 'final documents' will be tainted by the hard-lefties in Syriza.

Cynical of me to expect it, or rational?

Comment

All Golf returns riding on McGregor - HYPE HYPE HPYE

Comment

Cool Birthday card from Mrs Flushdraw arrived this morning

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Iago's thought of the dayâ„¢

I was reading a thread on Boards.ie "Assholes in Supermarkets" in part because I'm just trying to fill my day and in part because if there is a ruder country as a whole than Malta then I hope I never have to visit it. That's not a slur on the Maltese, it seems to effect every nationality the same way once they touch down on Malta itself, probably something to do with the volcanic content in the soil and water. Anyway I digress...

I was reading the thread and one of the complaints made was about charities either collecting at the tills or indeed standing outside the front of the shop and asking/accosting (depending on your point of view) people as they went in or left for donations for the charity in question. There seems to be a lot of bad feeling in general about charity collectors, both on boards and in life conversations with actual people and that got me thinking about my attitude and how it has changed and flowed over the years.

As a much younger, some would say less cynical man, I was heavily involved in collecting for charities and indeed for various sporting groups that I was a part of. I was the guy standing outside the supermarket with bucket in hand and imploring eyes, hands shaking with the cold and making you all feel a little worse about yourselves It always surprised me at the time that those who I felt could contribute most easily (being men and women in their late '20's to say early '50's, well dressed and clearly doing ok financially where the least likely to make a donation. Meanwhile the oldest people I saw where digging into their purses and wallets for the last piece of change that they had or indeed occasionally notes.

It depressed me to see this inequality and what I perceived to be wilful ignorance of people who weren't willing to do something small for those that had so little in comparison to themselves. Over the next few years I would contribute to every cause, give money to every beggar I passed on the street and generally try and live up to the picture I had painted in my head.

Then a funny thing happened, as I moved into my mid-'20's and earned more than I had every earned before I started to become a little cynical. Jaded even. There just always seemed to be more and more people who had their hand out. I started to question whether or not all of these people were actually in need or just making a very clever choice to appear to be in need. I started questioning the big charities and whether or the not the money I was donating every month was being used in the right way or was it just funding someone else's salary and perks.

I made less and less contributions to charity, I adopted the generic "sorry, I've no change" answer to people in the street when they asked for money. I still occasionally donate to worthwhile charities and I tend to sponsor a lot of friends and family when they are undertaking some trek/run/crazy activity in the name of a charity, but I have to wonder...

...Was the young me correct in thinking that people were wilfully ignorant and uncaring, in which case I've joined in with them, or is the older me just more aware of how untrustworthy people are and more conscious of the fact that the world if full of scams and that not everything is as it seems?

I'm reminded of the lyrics from a George Michael song "Praying for Time"

Originally posted by Praying for Time
                                                                                                        So you scream from behind your door
                                                                                                        Say "what's mine is mine and not yours"
                                                                                                        I may have too much but i'll take my chances
                                                                                                        Because god's stopped keeping score
                                                                                                        And you cling to the things they sold you
                                                                                                        Did you cover your eyes when they told you

That he can't come back
                                                                                                        Beacuse he has no children to come back for
                                                                                                        Here ends Iago's thought of the dayâ„¢
                                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Too much time on your hands Iago you fecker.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                            Iago's thought of the day™

I was reading a thread on Boards.ie "Assholes in Supermarkets" in part because I'm just trying to fill my day and in part because if there is a ruder country as a whole than Malta then I hope I never have to visit it. That's not a slur on the Maltese, it seems to effect every nationality the same way once they touch down on Malta itself, probably something to do with the volcanic content in the soil and water. Anyway I digress...

I was reading the thread and one of the complaints made was about charities either collecting at the tills or indeed standing outside the front of the shop and asking/accosting (depending on your point of view) people as they went in or left for donations for the charity in question. There seems to be a lot of bad feeling in general about charity collectors, both on boards and in life conversations with actual people and that got me thinking about my attitude and how it has changed and flowed over the years.

As a much younger, some would say less cynical man, I was heavily involved in collecting for charities and indeed for various sporting groups that I was a part of. I was the guy standing outside the supermarket with bucket in hand and imploring eyes, hands shaking with the cold and making you all feel a little worse about yourselves It always surprised me at the time that those who I felt could contribute most easily (being men and women in their late '20's to say early '50's, well dressed and clearly doing ok financially where the least likely to make a donation. Meanwhile the oldest people I saw where digging into their purses and wallets for the last piece of change that they had or indeed occasionally notes.

It depressed me to see this inequality and what I perceived to be wilful ignorance of people who weren't willing to do something small for those that had so little in comparison to themselves. Over the next few years I would contribute to every cause, give money to every beggar I passed on the street and generally try and live up to the picture I had painted in my head.

Then a funny thing happened, as I moved into my mid-'20's and earned more than I had every earned before I started to become a little cynical. Jaded even. There just always seemed to be more and more people who had their hand out. I started to question whether or not all of these people were actually in need or just making a very clever choice to appear to be in need. I started questioning the big charities and whether or the not the money I was donating every month was being used in the right way or was it just funding someone else's salary and perks.

I made less and less contributions to charity, I adopted the generic "sorry, I've no change" answer to people in the street when they asked for money. I still occasionally donate to worthwhile charities and I tend to sponsor a lot of friends and family when they are undertaking some trek/run/crazy activity in the name of a charity, but I have to wonder...

...Was the young me correct in thinking that people were wilfully ignorant and uncaring, in which case I've joined in with them, or is the older me just more aware of how untrustworthy people are and more conscious of the fact that the world if full of scams and that not everything is as it seems?

Here ends Iago's thought of the day™
                                                                                                            Sheer over exposure I reckon. Like violence on TV. I have been involved in collecting before and you are definetly right with the demographics. I would give but fairly sporadically. Gave a homeless dude 20 a few months ago. I was walking back to car from a shitty funeral and the sole purpose of it was to cheer me up.
                                                                                                            Last edited by shano1888; 22-06-15, 10:36.

Comment

Won't feel it now til christmas.

Comment

I'd always give to the 'sports team collecting with buckets in Dunnes' people, think its a fairly safe bet that 99% of the money will go to the intended target.
                                                                                                                After that I tend to get more dubious.

I'd be the opposite of Iago when it comes to sponsoring people on their trek/crazy events thing. Fuck off if you expect me to pay for your hot air ballooning from Dublin to Khartoum holiday that has a charity element tagged onto it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                  I'd always give to the 'sports team collecting with buckets in Dunnes' people, think its a fairly safe bet that 99% of the money will go to the intended target.

I'd be the opposite of Iago when it comes to sponsoring people on their trek/crazy events thing. Fuck off if you expect me to pay for your hot air ballooning from Dublin to Khartoum holiday that has a charity element tagged onto it.
                                                                                                                  In fairness, I wasn't very clear on that point. I'd have the same attitude as you with regards to the above. I was more thinking of someone who was doing the Dublin marathon for example, and decided to add a charitable benefit as an addition rather than a reason for doing something.
                                                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                                    Iago's thought of the day™

Here ends Iago's thought of the day™
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

People do tend to be more cynical as they get older but that doesn't mean you can't get out of that rut, putting thought into it is more than most people do already. It is a mxture of things, younger people may be more idealistic but that doesn't mean they are wholly wrong, older people may be more cynical but that is experience and not wrong either. I wouldn't give it to sports clubs either tbh, I'm a strong believer in effective charity for certain causes foremost (most positive impact on the world), you can work out the euro amount you give that will save a life with some charities. Not only that giving directly from wages is better as some of your tax is given too. Here is a charity evaluator, basically which charities are best to give your money to that will have the most impact : http://www.givewell.org/ GiveWell focuses primarily on the cost-effectiveness of the organizations that it evaluates, rather than traditional metrics such as the percentage of the organization's budget that is spent on overhead.

I strongly recommend peter singers new book "The Most Good You Can Do: How Effective Altruism Is Changing Ideas About Living Ethically" which is about this topic and is fantastic. It's very interesting, and goes through different kinds of donation types and causes, along with real life examples. You become less jaded when you can work out how many children didn't die from malaria due to your contributions, which has brought about the concept of "earning to give" and "80000 hours" (how many hours you work in your lifetime and will you make them matter). It is a good book in that it realises people are not perfect and is about realistic expectation of what somebody will do without affecting themselves detrimentally.

The money from that book goes to charity btw, and you can vote for which effective one you want on it's site.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-06-15, 11:39.

Comment

They already have.

The proposals sent last night/early hours this morning weren't the finalised ones apparently...

Let's see what the differences are. Possibly the 'first draft' were broadly in agreement with EZ leaders, but the 'final documents' will be tainted by the hard-lefties in Syriza.

Cynical of me to expect it, or rational?

The proposals seem to be a joke judging by the reaction of the various FinMins. Noonan grumpy as fuck!

Comment

tbh I reckon the Greeks are only stringing things out so their depositors can get (hard) currency out ahead of swapping it back into (soft) New Drachmas

wp if so

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                          tbh I reckon the Greeks are only stringing things out so their depositors can get (hard) currency out ahead of swapping it back into (soft) New Drachmas

wp if so
                                                                                                                          Did you not read the link I posted the other day?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X