This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post

Pity it's too late for Emmet's option. That's what I did with my 3UK sim for various trips to the US last year and it was great.
    I'm on a 3 All you can eat data plan here and am supposed to have international roaming but this trip it wouldn't connect to any network here.
    Anyway you wouldn't want to be using it, last year when I arrived in Ethiopia I got a text saying rates are:
    €2.80 /min to call €2.10 /minto answer calls €0.50 /per text and €7.12 /MB for Data

So if you forget to turn data roaming off before you leave Europe the typical punter will be looking at hundreds of Euro in data charges before they get out of the airport.
    Obv this must be a huge profit source for them it would have to be for the business to be worth screwing the few who make a mistake and pissing them off for ever and at the same time pissing of everyone who would willingly pay a fair rate.

It also hits their phone business - for instance I would normally leave my phone on and answer any calls that need to be answered, probably about 100 quids worth but instead my phone number is just switched off for the duration
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
      What's the current place for book downloading?
      Bump.
      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        I recommend an annual trip to Royal Ascot. Specifically for the Tuesday and Wednesday.
        Awaiting the draw in the rugby today for potential destinations.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If I was to swap from an iPhone to an Android or Windows phone is there a way of transferring my Apple profile across?

Comment

I got my water bill "thanks for registering with Irish water". I didn't register.
            39 euro, I pay more for my water than my gas.

Comment

Premier League Fixture List

Uninspiring opening round. I guess Man U v Spurs being the pick.

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa
              Arsenal v West Ham United
              Chelsea v Swansea City
              Everton v Watford
              Leicester City v Sunderland
              Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur
              Newcastle United v Southampton
              Norwich City v Crystal Palace
              Stoke City v Liverpool
              West Bromwich Albion v Manchester City

15th August

Man City v Chelsea

22nd August

Arsenal v Liverpool

Comment

Bump.
                Amazon.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  I'm on a 3 All you can eat data plan here and am supposed to have international roaming but this trip it wouldn't connect to any network here.
                  Anyway you wouldn't want to be using it, last year when I arrived in Ethiopia I got a text saying rates are:
                  €2.80 /min to call €2.10 /minto answer calls €0.50 /per text and €7.12 /MB for Data

So if you forget to turn data roaming off before you leave Europe the typical punter will be looking at hundreds of Euro in data charges before they get out of the airport.
                  Obv this must be a huge profit source for them it would have to be for the business to be worth screwing the few who make a mistake and pissing them off for ever and at the same time pissing of everyone who would willingly pay a fair rate.

It also hits their phone business - for instance I would normally leave my phone on and answer any calls that need to be answered, probably about 100 quids worth but instead my phone number is just switched off for the duration

As I said, I have a 3UK sim, which offers unlimited data in the US for £15 for 30 days. 3 Ireland has the same deal with various EU countries and perhaps more, but doesn't include the US, hence why I have a 3UK sim for a few trips to the US and the UK each year with no hassle when I land.

Comment

As I said, I have a 3UK sim, which offers unlimited data in the US for £15 for 30 days. 3 Ireland has the same deal with various EU countries and perhaps more, but doesn't include the US, hence why I have a 3UK sim for a few trips to the US and the UK each year with no hassle when I land.
                    Are you on the 3 Ireland network normally? Do you just take out the Irish Sim and stick the UK one in? Is it the normal sized Sim or the Mini Sim?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      Are you on the 3 Ireland network normally? Do you just take out the Irish Sim and stick the UK one in? Is it the normal sized Sim or the Mini Sim?
                      I'm with 3 Ireland I guess as I was with O2 and then was auto switched over a couple of months back. Think I'm still on an old O2 bill plan despite being out of contract, must look into that.

I have an old iPhone 5 that I got unlocked last year that I use for the 3UK sim. It's a nano-sim I believe, or whatever it's called the iPhone 5 takes.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        Premier League Fixture List

Uninspiring opening round. I guess Man U v Spurs being the pick.

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa
                        Arsenal v West Ham United
                        Chelsea v Swansea City
                        Everton v Watford
                        Leicester City v Sunderland
                        Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur
                        Newcastle United v Southampton
                        Norwich City v Crystal Palace
                        Stoke City v Liverpool
                        West Bromwich Albion v Manchester City

15th August

Man City v Chelsea

22nd August

Arsenal v Liverpool

Just saw this on Facebook. Liverpools first 7 away games. Pretty raw deal here and a horrible run of fixtures for any team.

SPOILER
                        Liverpool's first 7 away games

Stoke
                        Arsenal
                        Man Utd
                        Everton
                        Spurs
                        Chelsea
                        Man City

Comment

Bump.
                          Katproxy

Comment

Leinster fooked?

Edit and ulster

Edit again - Munster happy
                            Last edited by KevIRL; 17-06-15, 12:57.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                              Just saw this on Facebook. Liverpools first 7 away games. Pretty raw deal here and a horrible run of fixtures for any team.

SPOILER
                              Liverpool's first 7 away games

Stoke
                              Arsenal
                              Man Utd
                              Everton
                              Spurs
                              Chelsea
                              Man City
                              Rodgers to be done by xmas
                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Thanks emmet

Comment

Hilariously bad draw for us! As bad as it could possibly have been.

Munster will be over the fucking moon.

Good away-days to be had though. Bath is lovely.
                                  Last edited by Emmet; 17-06-15, 13:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                    Could be a decent bet to be first manager sacked in PL next season.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                      I'm planning to institute an RDIII style one weekend a year away trip. There is no point in delaying the implementation as it'll only get more difficult to get buy in later!

That outline above sounds good. Would November be a good month to go? After the RWC and well ahead of Xmas. I know it's a bit in the future but if people could indicate interest/availability that would be good.
                                      Definitely interested.

Comment

Weathers a bit hit and miss in November, 17C average apparently. Tail end of the season so should be cheap hotel deals and flights available.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                          Weathers a bit hit and miss in November, 17C average apparently. Tail end of the season so should be cheap hotel deals and flights available.
                                          17c would be acceptable!

Cheap flights and accommodation would be great.

Need to start a thread in the community forum I reckon. I'll get on it this evening.
                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                            17c would be acceptable!

Cheap flights and accommodation would be great.

Need to start a thread in the community forum I reckon. I'll get on it this evening.
                                            In. Will get some t-shirts printed up with everyones nickname.
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Nightcrew members, please contact me to get your updated weekly quotas. Thank you.

Comment

Nightcrew members, please contact me to get your updated weekly quotas. Thank you.
                                                Send out the group PM m8

Comment

Scuba Diving club goes to Malta every winter for training etc. 40stg a night per room in November for a reasonable hotel in St Julians. Weather is indeed a gamble in November, winds can blow up very quickly but we have had 5 trips and missed maybe 2 days diving out of 25.
                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                    Hilariously bad draw for us! As bad as it could possibly have been.

Munster will be over the fucking moon.

Good away-days to be had though. Bath is lovely.
                                                    Toulon potential for a good train trip again

Comment

Bowl of new spuds, butter and salt. Doesn't get much better than that, it really is the simple things....

Summer has arrived

Comment

Cliffs
                                                        SPOILER
                                                        a guy is in Vegas. Went busto. Selling his car now

This is deadly https://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sa...f-1-4l/9677624

Comment

I remember Jurassic Park 1, was in a sweat for our heroes.
                                                          Watched Jurassic world, I cheered on the Dinos, bit o fun though. Can't wait until the virtual reality tech puts us right in the gobs of those beastie boys.

Comment

Another installment of the best of championships the under 21 hurling on tg4 at the mo. Cork v waterford

Comment

has anyone watched this yet? HJ?

might wait a little to find out if it's worth it personally but would love to hear others thoughts

produced by ridley scott fwiw

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                Thanks emmet
                                                                where is Treviso? Have notions of an epic train trip now

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Orient express?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

might wait a little to find out if it's worth it personally but would love to hear others thoughts

Will watch and report back

Comment

The future is bright for the Deise. Tony Browne and John Mullane in management team too. They look a very mature side and physically they are very well developed. Whatever about Gleeson, young Bennett is some bit of stuff.

Also Shane O'Donnell going for 3x U21 titles in a row this year.

Comment

hadn't heard about that, cool.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                          The future is bright for the Deise. Tony Browne and John Mullane in management team too. They look a very mature side and physically they are very well developed. Whatever about Gleeson, young Bennett is some bit of stuff.

Also Shane O'Donnell going for 3x U21 titles in a row this year.
                                                                          Waterford didn't even get out of 3rd gear for most of it. Cork absolutely shocking tbf. Yep Shane Bennett is class, loving De burca's work too. Patrick Curran up front a serious prospect too. Clare next down in Ennis, 3 days after the munster senior final, that will be a tough test

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I only downloaded Fatherland last week for my son, that looks to be in the same style, Europe instead of USA.

Must give it a go.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                    Could be a decent bet to be first manager sacked in PL next season.
                                                                                    Decent bet at 7/1

Lad at spurs is a bit big though at 33's

Comment

Most of the hotels have wifi throughout, and all Ceaser's properties operate on the same network so you get connected automatically when you're in range. That covers are large chunk of the strip.

Pity it's too late for Emmet's option. That's what I did with my 3UK sim for various trips to the US last year and it was great.
                                                                                      I'm off to Vegas at the end of the month for a week. In the UK next week, was the 3UK a pay monthly or pay as you go? Would be interested in this option. so any info would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                                        I'm off to Vegas at the end of the month for a week. In the UK next week, was the 3UK a pay monthly or pay as you go? Would be interested in this option. so any info would be appreciated.
                                                                                        either.

Go Roam lets you call, text, and use your data in 71 destinations around the world. It’s made up of two parts - Go Roam in Europe and Go Roam Around the World.

Get the all-you-can-eat data one

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                          either.

Go Roam lets you call, text, and use your data in 71 destinations around the world. It’s made up of two parts - Go Roam in Europe and Go Roam Around the World.

Get the all-you-can-eat data one

http://store.three.co.uk/SIM_Only/Voice_Pay_As_You_Go
                                                                                          Cheers Emmet!

Comment

Came home from work, somehow ended up at beck, agreeing to go on a trip camping in Iceland under the aurora borealis, and to go to weird al yankovic and to dara o briain.

Only at an Irish concert do you get stalls selling Barrys tea.

Comment

killed the thread there tar

Comment

time of death: 4.32am

Comment

Maybe we should have an hour of non posting to mark the passing of the much beloved night crew...

Rigger... Lord Sugar wannabe, with no time for ipb
                                                                                                  CHD... Traitor, last seen with day crew
                                                                                                  Mellor... Death by steroids?
                                                                                                  Mdoug... Pussy galore?
                                                                                                  Jam Fly... MIA
                                                                                                  Ehonda... Airport cracked him, gone insane innt.
                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

m8, i am right here, the last one, ready to turn the lights off.
                                                                                                    buried or cremated?

Comment

m8, i am right here, the last one, ready to turn the lights off.
                                                                                                      buried or cremated?
                                                                                                      Cremated m8... Scatter me ashes into the winds off the cliffs of inch beach in kerry.

How about you?
                                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

bit affraid of burning to death, but sure if i am dead already. Cremated, scatter my ashes online
                                                                                                        i more meant the site, i think we should cremate it, where to scatter dem ashes tho

Comment

bit affraid of burning to death, but sure if i am dead already. Cremated, scatter my ashes online
                                                                                                          i more meant the site, i think we should cremate it, where to scatter dem ashes tho
                                                                                                          Good question... I think we should all take a pinch of the ashes and mix it with wine/beer and drown it.

More serious question, what you reckon the site should have for its last tea?

Comment

stumped on that one

Comment

stumped on that one
                                                                                                              How the studies going m8? Did hitch help you with your homework?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                Has anybody purchased a Rangemaster cooker recently?

Any recommendations on where to buy? Can i haggle on price etc?

Don't do this. - pm me for details, we had cooker, fridge all from them

Comment

It's beside Venice. It was actually (maybe still is) the Ryanair airport for Venice.

I went a few years ago with a few lads for a game, 6 24/25 yr olds looking to go on the rip for the weekend. We got there late and took forever to find the gaff we were renting. Eventually got in and went to bed with dreams of a big day and night out the next day..........

We got up and went out to explore. Found one bar where there was a few people drinking espressos, this trend continued all night, everywhere shut by 11pm and didn't see a sub 40 yr old for the trip. Absolutely not what we wanted or expected. I wouldn't recommend to be honest. Boring and full of old people

TL/DR Treviso...... RDIII and V4V would love it.

Comment

Depart Brussels 6.25am
                                                                                                                    Arrive Venice 8.20pm

I'd say they would open the door and our liquid selves would simply flow into the Grand Canal.

Comment

Cool vaping vid

This is "VapeWaveTeaser VOSTA vimeo" by Jan Kounen on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

MAJOR THURSDAY

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                                          Scuba Diving club goes to Malta every winter for training etc. 40stg a night per room in November for a reasonable hotel in St Julians. Weather is indeed a gamble in November, winds can blow up very quickly but we have had 5 trips and missed maybe 2 days diving out of 25.
                                                                                                                          Question re Scuba. Did a SSI course 7 or 8 years ago and cant find my licence. Did a couple of dives out in the reef in Australia but had to do beginner dives again.
                                                                                                                          Basically I want to switch from SSI to PADI or even do a refresher to get a hold of a licence.
                                                                                                                          Plan to do a bit out in Egypt and elsewhere over the next few years and don't want them to go unlogged.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X