X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
    Inchicore? Really?
    I lived there for 2 years. Easy commute, cycle or walk. Cheap. Plenty of two bed houses with 40+ foot gardens for the dog. Stay out of the village itself obviously but perfectly fine on bulfin road or near SCR.

It depends what you're looking for and what you want to spend.
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      What's not working for you?
      The quote reply thingy. Maybe it's my free wifi connection here in Edinburgh but I'm blaming you anyway!
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
        I lived there for 2 years. Easy commute, cycle or walk. Cheap. Plenty of two bed houses with 40+ foot gardens for the dog. Stay out of the village itself obviously but perfectly fine on bulfin road or near SCR.

That's interesting I would always just associate it with the village though I suppose.

Comment

Game of Thrones - season finale

SPOILER
          Can't fucking believe the episode. I didn't mind Stannis after what he did to Shireen but to then kill Myrcella and finally Jon Snow

Everything has been left up in the air, with Theon and Sansa jumping from a window and Daenerys left surrounded with horsemen. Even poor Arya is in poor shape! Have they any major characters left?

Even started to feel sorry for Cersei with the walk of shame part!

Comment

Can't insert a hyperlink without killing my safari session either...

Inchicore decent example www.daft.ie/21548559

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
              Game of Thrones - season finale

SPOILER
              Can't fucking believe the episode. I didn't mind Stannis after what he did to Shireen but to then kill Myrcella and finally Jon Snow

Everything has been left up in the air, with Theon and Sansa jumping from a window and Daenerys left surrounded with horsemen. Even poor Arya is in poor shape! Have they any major characters left?

Even started to feel sorry for Cersei with the walk of shame part!
              GOT
              SPOILER
              Jon will be fine. Melisandre will revive him. No coincidence that she heads back to castle black just before he dies. She will put her efforts into him since she was wrong about Stannis. Way too much put into his story and loads of foreshadowing throughout the season for him to actually be dead.

That was the Dothraki surrounding Daenerys. They'll probably pledge allegiance to her or something silly.

Comment

Dom wtf have you done with the site!?

In response to Emmet.

Inchicore. Need to get boots on the ground though. Bulfin road and goldenbridge Ave are fine. Other areas not so nice. Fuck all decent restaurants around but plenty of parks/canal for dog walking.
                They even have a road named after him

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                  GOT
                  SPOILER
                  Jon will be fine. Melisandre will revive him. No coincidence that she heads back to castle black just before he dies. She will put her efforts into him since she was wrong about Stannis. Way too much put into his story and loads of foreshadowing throughout the season for him to actually be dead.

That was the Dothraki surrounding Daenerys. They'll probably pledge allegiance to her or something silly.
                  well
                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                    well
                    There he is.

Comment

Inchicore is an awful kip. Come to stoneybatter
                      airport, lol

Comment

GOT
                        SPOILER

SPOILER
                        I was chatting to my cousin and said I thought they were Dothraki

I think the fact that Jon is IMO the child of Lyanna Stark and a Targaryen will mean something big if I was right with my guess. I wondered about her sudden appearance but knew she would be shitting it after what happened with Stannis's wife etc.

When she was at Castle black she saw something in him and think she will get her claws in somehow. Was just weird how they left everything hanging!
                        I wanted Davos to kill Stannis and was disappointed it was Brienne that got the job. Was glad to see half his army deserted after last week lol

How will I survive a year haha

Comment

GOT
                          SPOILER

SPOILER
                          Yeah think about this one: The Dothraki are a horse-riding warrior culture. Dany's flying, fire-breathing horse will impress the shit out of them. She already speaks their language and understands their culture. She will have a new army soon.
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

SPOILER
                            I was chatting to my cousin and said I thought they were Dothraki

I think the fact that Jon is IMO the child of Lyanna Stark and a Targaryen will mean something big if I was right with my guess. I wondered about her sudden appearance but knew she would be shitting it after what happened with Stannis's wife etc.

When she was at Castle black she saw something in him and think she will get her claws in somehow. Was just weird how they left everything hanging!
                            I wanted Davos to kill Stannis and was disappointed it was Brienne that got the job. Was glad to see half his army deserted after last week lol

SPOILER
                            Yeah the theory of L+R=J probably is correct about Jon. He's now dead so his watch is over, revive him and he's free. I thought he might head to Winterfell with the Wildlings and help Stannis, then become King in the North til he is told about his parentage and right to the Iron Throne. Who actually knows though? Benjen? Varys? Can't remember. Tyrion is probably half Targaryen too. No idea what will happen.

I think Melisandre left because she knew Stannis would lose the next battle and must not be her ''chosen one''. Bit weird that the camera cut away and we didn't see Stannis dead.

10 months til it's back, Guess I'll watch it all again twice and read the books.

Comment

Where would one buy a little plastic card holder?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                Where would one buy a little plastic card holder?
                                Pop into Dublin Bus on O'Connell st, they have piles of them behind the counter for your leap card, etc.
                                Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 15-06-15, 16:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  Dublin will be shitin themselves when they see this performance fro Kildare

Our Year!
                                  Dublin 1/33 Kildare 12/1 11 point spread ! A bit harsh imo.

Comment

Pop into Dublin Bus on O'Connell st, they have piles of them behind the counter for your leap card, etc.
                                    #lifehack
                                    airport, lol

Comment

bit of craic this wedding lark
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

SPOILER
                                        Yeah the theory of L+R=J probably is correct about Jon. He's now dead so his watch is over, revive him and he's free. I thought he might head to Winterfell with the Wildlings and help Stannis, then become King in the North til he is told about his parentage and right to the Iron Throne. Who actually knows though? Benjen? Varys? Can't remember. Tyrion is probably half Targaryen too. No idea what will happen.

I think Melisandre left because she knew Stannis would lose the next battle and must not be her ''chosen one''. Bit weird that the camera cut away and we didn't see Stannis dead.

10 months til it's back, Guess I'll watch it all again twice and read the books.
                                        SPOILER

Can't remember if you're a reader. Don't click if you care about only letting the show give you info:
                                        SPOILER
                                        There is someone alive in the world who was present for Jon's birth - Howland Reed (Meera and Jojen's Dad). He was last seen at Greywater Watch, not far from Moat Cailin.

There's also lots of reasons to believe that all the clues to Jon's parentage are in Lyanna's grave in the crypts at Winterfell. The show has reinforced this in a big way by drawing attention to it seemingly unnecessarily.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                          SPOILER

Can't remember if you're a reader. Don't click if you care about only letting the show give you info:
                                          SPOILER
                                          There is someone alive in the world who was present for Jon's birth - Howland Reed (Meera and Jojen's Dad). He was last seen at Greywater Watch, not far from Moat Cailin.

There's also lots of reasons to believe that all the clues to Jon's parentage are in Lyanna's grave in the crypts at Winterfell. The show has reinforced this in a big way by drawing attention to it seemingly unnecessarily.
                                          Not a reader, yet!

Comment

well
                                            28 chicken wings, portion of chips and a salad to balance it all out! Herself had the carbonara but those wings were fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                              28 chicken wings, portion of chips and a salad to balance it all out! Herself had the carbonara but those wings were fantastic.
                                              did you count them m8? What gig you going to?

Comment

Of course I did. I knew you'd ask m8. Thinking ahead. Band called Black Stone Cherry. Not too well known but I like em.

Comment

Hi LSB, What's for tea?

Comment

Hi LSB, What's for tea?
                                                    Chilli, probably with quorn as the gf is being supportive in my attempts to eat less meat. Happy belated birthday to Mr Flushdraw by the way.

What ye having?

Comment

Chilli, probably with quorn as the gf is being supportive in my attempts to eat less meat. Happy belated birthday to Mr Flushdraw by the way.

What ye having?
                                                      Popped into Umi Falafel on Dame Street on way home. First time, grabbed 6 pieces of falafel with chilli and tahini dips for

Comment

Popped into Umi Falafel on Dame Street on way home. First time, grabbed 6 pieces of falafel with chilli and tahini dips for
                                                        thoughts on menus that display price in the "5.5" format?
                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

What ye having?
                                                          Beef curry with rice, fancied a change from Chicken!

Enjoy the chilli though and say hi to the gf

Comment

Looking forward to US open now after reading about the grave style bunker and "the tree" as it is the only tree on the course.

SPOILER

SPOILER

some players whinging

In advance of this week’s US Open, the reviews of Chambers Bay, the site of this year’s national championship, have been coming in fast and furious. Ryan Palmer was one of the first PGA Tour player…

Time to empty the clip on mickelson? elbows, nicnic etc...some tips..?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              bit of craic this wedding lark
                                                              If you ever get sick of IT you could have a career in law (this is roughly how I picture kayroo)

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                Looking forward to US open now after reading about the grave style bunker and "the tree" as it is the only tree on the course.

SPOILER

SPOILER

some players whinging

In advance of this week’s US Open, the reviews of Chambers Bay, the site of this year’s national championship, have been coming in fast and furious. Ryan Palmer was one of the first PGA Tour player…

Big bet on mickleson for me anyhow. Gonna back Kevin Na aswell he's been playing well. Gonna have a look for a couple of more bets
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

If you ever get sick of IT you could have a career in law (this is roughly how I picture kayroo)

SPOILER
                                                                  Genius!

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                    This was 100% my inspiration on the day
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

wie ein zug in der nacht

Traveling back from a gaelic football tournament in Padova, the Munich Colmcilles have some fun singing Father Ted's "My Lovely Horse" in an improvised Germa...
                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                        thoughts on menus that display price in the "5.5" format?
                                                                        Quite the fan. Anything which puts the AltGr key back in it's box is good in my book. Ever since the single currency came in it has acted like a recruiter / estate agent / financial advisor - "Oh you want to talk about money do you? Well you have to go through me first!". Fuck back off to whatever obscure hole you were in and see how much use you get out of people needing to type

Comment

SPOILER

SPOILER

some players whinging

I fancied snedeker for this a month ago and nothing has changed. I took 66/1 a while.back. still decent at 50/1. Mickleson is cursed
                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                            This was 100% my inspiration on the day
                                                                            my cousin jimmy
                                                                            time for a reboot

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                              Full of gays and dragons. For kids imo.
                                                                              You think gays are only for kids?
                                                                              Strange angle Eamo.

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                              Good going, I often wonder how vegetarians feel about chicken wings. Is eating them seen, from their viewpoint, as worse because animals die to make up a portion. (Dobby ate 14+ birds). Or are they morally a better choice to avoid anything going to waste? I'd imagine ireland in a consumes a lot of breasts joints than any other.

Is beef less morally offensive, as a typical cow will provide maybe 1000 portions. Where as a chicken might only provide 6 or so.

I wonder about these things sometime, I've once attempted to start a thread on the boards vegetarian forum about the morality of eating culled kangaroo*, but my thread was deleted. Tar, thoughts?

*(Wild kangaroos need to be culled for to keep the troop healthy. My argument was that it's not wrong to eat this meat, as they are killed regardless. It's likely morally wrong to not eat it imo)

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                I fancied snedeker for this a month ago and nothing has changed. I took 66/1 a while.back. still decent at 50/1. Mickleson is cursed
                                                                                He will break the curse he has to!
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                  Strange angle Eamo
                                                                                  Forgot you're away in Oz. We had a referendum recently about kids loving gays and gays loving kids and we voted that gays are actually allowed to have kids. So ya pretty much
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

I cannot post bar replying to last post..........so fuck you honda you fony high vis airport walker. I think I know you a chubby james corden lookalike . Thats the image or millhouse.

shut her down. i cant post?

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                                      I cannot post bar replying to last post..........so fuck you honda you fony high vis airport walker. I think I know you a chubby james corden lookalike . Thats the image or millhouse.

shut her down. i cant post?
                                                                                      I don't think James Corden looks like Millhouse. If that's what you're trying to say?
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Can't sleep.

This time last year thousands of people were excited about seeing Garth Brooks.

Comment

that wasnt what i was trying say at all. forgetitkid. iknow#
                                                                                          Last edited by mugsy; 16-06-15, 04:45.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                                            trying to say? who would possible think such a thing. OR i didnt claim lookalikes...........
                                                                                            I'll have a glass of whatever you're having m8
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                              Forgot you're away in Oz. We had a referendum recently about kids loving gays and gays loving kids and we voted that gays are actually allowed to have kids. So ya pretty much
                                                                                              Gays were already allowed to have kids, and kids can't vote.
                                                                                              You'll have to get up earlier that to fool the night crew!

Comment

Gays were already allowed to have kids, and kids can't vote.
                                                                                                You'll have to get up earlier that to fool the night crew!
                                                                                                Sharp as fook m8
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

WTF. ....Donald Trump gonna run for President now.

Comment

Donald Trump is running for president, after flirting with doing so for almost 30 years. But is Trump really just pretending to run for the White House?

The Donald has form for this

Comment

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                                                                      I think if we've learned anything from TV at this stage, it's that it's suicidal to perform long draw out executions! Seems ludicrous that he even lasted that long though

Comment

Not sure I like alternating pars idea.

(Can't finish this post. Gets truncated. Mad ted.)
                                                                                                        Last edited by Wombatman; 16-06-15, 08:29.
                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Republican primaries are going to make for great blood sport viewing.
                                                                                                          Koch money might help rd3's man through a crowded field.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

My biggest ever score in gambling was 66 to 1 on Monty for his last order of merit win.
                                                                                                            Now I know this sounds redic but he is 500 to 1 with top 6 paid for the US Open. He has already won a seniors Major this year so is on some kind of form. For a 500 to 1 shot I'm saying he is worth a fiver EW 1/4 the odds top 6.

For the event itself. I think Speith may throw in one or two too many double bogeys on this course. Rory is a silly price. So I'm with JIM Furyk at 40s. Good luck .

SOLD one of my bikes and now I miss it :-(

Comment

No greens or fairways at Chambers Bay, all the one type of grass and cut.
                                                                                                              Is that unique to this course or something that's been done before. Seems a bit gimmicky.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                No greens or fairways at Chambers Bay, all the one type of grass and cut.
                                                                                                                Is that unique to this course or something that's been done before. Seems a bit gimmicky.

A few of the pros moaned about it. I don't think the yanks will like it so much ironically.
                                                                                                                Very linksy. Looks like they are trying to do something different anyway. It does make for fascinating viewing/betting. The long hitters don't really benefit as much as they normally do so it really is an OPEN tourny. Get your monies on a shotmaker. Pity POD isn't in the field his scrambling would be ideal for this top 6 at a good price.

Comment

Great advertising, i go there all the time and still had to click through to see how much you paid
                                                                                                                  Strange angle Eamo.

Good going, I often wonder how vegetarians feel about chicken wings. Is eating them seen, from their viewpoint, as worse because animals die to make up a portion. (Dobby ate 14+ birds). Or are they morally a better choice to avoid anything going to waste? I'd imagine ireland in a consumes a lot of breasts joints than any other.

Is beef less morally offensive, as a typical cow will provide maybe 1000 portions. Where as a chicken might only provide 6 or so.

I wonder about these things sometime, I've once attempted to start a thread on the boards vegetarian forum about the morality of eating culled kangaroo*, but my thread was deleted. Tar, thoughts?

*(Wild kangaroos need to be culled for to keep the troop healthy. My argument was that it's not wrong to eat this meat, as they are killed regardless. It's likely morally wrong to not eat it imo)
                                                                                                                  You are inviting a thesis, I'll try to keep it brief, apparently I'm not paid to post here. (I'm not sure why your thread would be deleted, we currently thirst for people to ask fucking anything that isn't about food.) For me, since causing less suffering is the aim* that comes into play. From one angle all of it is not ok, then you break it down and think what causes the most harm. Something like 100 million birds are killed in Ireland every year alone, a meal of chicken causes more kills than a meal for beef. Since I think I want to avoid both it becomes defunct, but when you get down to the more nitty gritty stuff where maybe the issue is more borderline in their mind, do I give up eggs or cheese first for instance, it would be at the front of my thoughts. People may say what is wrong with eating eggs? Eggs are probably the one thing I could find myself eating that would be ethical under certain scenarios (maybe oysters too) however when you look into the industry you realise eating eggs could be worse than eating beef. This is because all male chicks are ground to death alive at birth, so that's half their population thrown in a grinder to support the egg industry, literally billions of lives. Then you ask yourself, well do the baby chickens matter as much as x and etc, but also ask yourself if you are giving something up which has a greater impact to those around you. Nobody thinks much of somebody not eating eggs, it's very different than meat in society. Not only this not eating meat has a bigger influence on yourself than not eating eggs and there is a lot of research that behavior change leads to change in thoughts, for instance there is a world of difference in what I was thinking eating meat and now, because I am not invested in eating meat, I find myself more receptive. I think there is a larger disconnect eating eggs or cheese.

Melanie Joy on Carnism and other food choices. Melanie Joy, Ph.D., Ed.M. is a Harvard-educated psychologist, professor of psychology and sociology at the Uni...

I have also thought a lot about your thoughts on the morals of meat that is "dead anyway", things like roadkill, I have no moral problems eating things like that, it is less of a minefield to discuss as people could argue about the relationship between wildlife and humans and culling, the general mindset, not that it isn't an interesting debate. Similar when people have leftovers, is it ok to eat the meat? yes I believe it is. Some caveats, this may lead to a "slippery slope", also people would see you eating it and not understand, I also realise it is not possible for people to live in a perfectly moral way. By this i mean your attitude towards things change the longer you are divested from taking part in something. I always thought I would have no problem eating meat ever, leftovers, roadkill, culled kangaroos, however last week I was given a "house special" instead of "vegetable" dish, basically every meat you can imagine in there. I could not eat it, coming from somebody that ate steak at every meal, that is a big shift, while realising it is wasteful and morally wrong/right to do something I have to take into account that they are just human and have to be realistic about expectation.

*I hate the words vegetarian and vegan because of this, they are like some level you reach and now you are morally ok and better than everybody. No, that invites complacency and also conflict with people thinking you think you are better than them, it is just a huge spectrum, I will never be done trying to be better at "being better" than I am, and realise people can do different levels of effort realistically. Further reading I also invite people to read Peter Singer for further thoughts.

Comment

Comment

@Tar, if you were the only person in that restaurant, and if you didn't eat that House Special it would go in the bin, couldn't you make the moral argument that you should have eaten it?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        @Tar, if you were the only person in that restaurant, and if you didn't eat that House Special it would go in the bin, couldn't you make the moral argument that you should have eaten it?
                                                                                                                        That was the argument I already made, sorry if it was not clear. I feel that yes, people should eat it but realise that is not possible for everybody, I thought I'd be able to but I wasn't. Same as how i don't expect people to start eating dead people
                                                                                                                        The point is not to be some sort of holier than thou saint person, but for people to do the best they personally are able to and to not worry over the minor things like "Oh god I should have eating that I'm so wasteful", that kind of rigid thinking is offputting and leads to a black and white all or nothing approach to ethics which I feel is harmful.

Comment

So if I order something 'by a mistake' and then therefore have to eat it, I can still call myself a vegan right?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X