X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    there'll be a nice surge of culchies in the afternoon
    you may be suprised at the amount of culchies voting yes.
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
      you may be suprised at the amount of culchies voting yes.
      where would you set the line Zod?
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'll happily take that responsibility if it means people go out to actually vote for equality in our society.
        Polite thing to do is ask, not tell.

I do admire that you are so invested in the Referendum though.

Comment

where would you set the line Zod?

The recent opinion polls showing the race getting close may just have put the "fear of God" into soft yes voters to actually vote.

we may get turnout into the 60's also.
          Last edited by Zod; 22-05-15, 12:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Polite thing to do is ask, not tell.

I do admire that you are so invested in the Referendum though.
            I understand that, but I don't mind being "not polite". That we have a majority deciding what a minorities rights are at all sticks in my craw to begin with.

Comment

I understand that, but I don't mind being "not polite". That we have a majority deciding what a minorities rights are at all sticks in my craw to begin with.
              can we expect a polygamy referendum any time soon?

our Muslim community is appallingly discriminated against at present in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                I have received a text reminding me to vote. I have also sent a text to a friend to get her to vote. Neither of these two things have ever happened.

It's a grand soft day out, good for the Yes side.

Does this make me worried about the IPB bets I'm aware of? No. Unless some of you have gone all in on under 59.5% or something. The constituency bets should still be fine, and if voting is slow in the bog then that's a good thing for the constituency bets.
                PP moved the line back a bit after this post

Comment

Bloody right mate, disgrace that honour killings aren't allowed in this country

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    PP moved the line back a bit after this post
                    I told ya they lurk here

amazed Scott Walker isn't fav for Prez already

long and tedious incoming post on this subject to follow at some point

Comment

can we expect a polygamy referendum any time soon?

our Muslim community is appallingly discriminated against at present in this regard.
                      I don't imagine there will be a referendum on that any time soon but to be honest I don't have an issue with people legally entering into a contract that they understand and is of itself legal.
                      edit:
                      also, polygamy isn't strictly a muslim thing, any more than it's a mormon thing. The general rule in modern Islam is that if the country's laws allow it then they allow it.

Comment

Earlier this morning i went to the dentist to get a filling that cracked redone. I used the same Polski place i used before for a cleaning. No pre local anesthetic or anything, I was actually given a choice whether i wanted an anesthetic or have her work away cold. Before you wouldnt even have a choice in an Irish dentist the default is to get the needle and then the filling remenants taken out and new one put in and your mouth is dead for half the day. This time she gave me the choice which stunned me. While i was thinking about the implications of no anesthetic she speeded up my thought process insinuating needles are a bit of waste of time and this is all the encouragement i needed. She was right, only minimal discomfort for a little while as she caved out the rest.

There isnt a dental nurse aide standing the other side of you with the suction in your mouth either, you hold that yourself!. I love that there is no pomp or ceremony. There is a dental aide but shes standing out of view behind you and there is occasional succinct Polski words spoken between the dentist and aide but suction tube holding isnt part of their remit it seems. But its nice to be controlling the suction as you can bring it over to the other side of your mouth when she withdraws for a second rather then funking a real life dental nurse to move it about ffs and dont be just holding it in the one place.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          I have received a text reminding me to vote. I have also sent a text to a friend to get her to vote. Neither of these two things have ever happened.

It's a grand soft day out, good for the Yes side.

Does this make me worried about the IPB bets I'm aware of? No. Unless some of you have gone all in on under 59.5% or something. The constituency bets should still be fine, and if voting is slow in the bog then that's a good thing for the constituency bets.
                          The bog might surprise you on this one, it's only anecdotal but I've met a lot of people who say they'll vote yes that I wasnt expecting (conservative church going rural folk) around these parts anyway.
                          That's in Cavan btw, so could cost you on your bets if yes wins?

I haven't voted yet so if you want me to change to a no for a small % let me know.

Comment

Heading out now to cast my no vote
                            SPOILER
                            in the allowing insufferable pricks run for prez referendum. Voting yes in the main event. (in donegal,hope I don't cost anyone money
                            Last edited by Guest; 22-05-15, 12:33.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                              Bloody right mate, disgrace that honour killings aren't allowed in this country
                              Do you get the difference between rights and laws, yes?

Comment

I don't imagine there will be a referendum on that any time soon but to be honest I don't have an issue with people legally entering into a contract that they understand and is of itself legal.
                                including say, arranged marriages of children?

just curious where you draw the line

Comment

The recent opinion polls showing the race getting close may just have put the "fear of God" into soft yes voters to actually vote.

we may get turnout into the 60's also.
                                  I think it's going to be 65% plus yes vote.

Comment

including say, arranged marriages of children?

just curious where you draw the line
                                    No, if we view marriage as a legal contract then children wouldn't be able to enter into a contract by themselves legally.

Comment

No, if we view marriage as a legal contract then children wouldn't be able to enter into a contract by themselves legally.
                                      but if their guardians do it for them, surely that's OK?

Comment

but if their guardians do it for them, surely that's OK?
                                        No. We set an age at which we allow citizens to marry. which is also the legal age of adulthood. why would guardianship negate that?

Comment

No. We set an age at which we allow citizens to marry. which is also the legal age of adulthood. why would guardianship negate that?
                                          Guardians enter into all sorts of decisions on behalf of dependants

female circumcision - we should be cool with that too, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                            my concern with these is that for the most part they show them with a layout that includes the desk facing a wall. Surely you can be having that? So how much room is left when you swivel it around.
                                            I doubt there will be a desk

Comment

Guardians enter into all sorts of decisions on behalf of dependants
                                              Yes but should what ostensibly is a lifelong commitment be among them? that doesn't impinge on a persons rights to marry, just that a guardian cannot make that decision for them.

female circumcision - we should be cool with that too, right?
                                              There is no benefit to the child for what is effectively mutilation, so no, we shouldn't.
                                              We allow plenty of health decisions to the guardian on the basis that the child in question cannot make them, and in circumstances we allow doctors to appeal those decisions if it feels that it is not in the best interest of the child (Jehovah's witnesses and blood transfusions for example).

Comment

seems to me like you are siding with Islamic marriage customs over Hindu ones

Zod is a wacist

Comment

seems to me like you are siding with Islamic marriage customs over Hindu ones

Zod is a wacist
                                                  You'll need a bigger gear to wind me up

Comment

You'll need a bigger gear to wind me up
                                                    I'm trying, I'm trying!!

you must admit there is a certain degree of absurdity to the degree to which certain multi-culti liberals will bend over backwards to defend the cultural norms of people who (a) hate their guts and (b), totally abhor said liberal's cultural norms.

Comment

I'm trying, I'm trying!!

you must admit there is a certain degree of absurdity to the degree to which certain multi-culti liberals will bend over backwards to defend the cultural norms of people who (a) hate their guts and (b), totally abhor said liberal's cultural norms.
                                                      Absolutely.

that said, I doubt anybody but me would enjoy living in Zod's Republic, but it'll always be the dream.

Comment

My brother should have had a 2 room wooden thingy arrive this week I think. First crowd that came out may well have been linked ones, quoted €35k. Think he has a €5-7k one instead.

Comment

Talking to someone there that voted yes on both because they weren't sure which was which and didn't want to make a mistake. Might not be the 1/25 shot it looked to be.

Comment

Talking to someone there that voted yes on both because they weren't sure which was which and didn't want to make a mistake. Might not be the 1/25 shot it looked to be.
                                                            The thought had occurred to me that I was glad I was voting Yes twice because it would reduce anxiety.

Comment

1/25 on an arasref no?

Comment

Oops didn't realise the director of the Yes campaign is from Donegal

Comment

The only vocal no voter I've come across in the past week was an African taxi driver

What would people set the "without Dublin" line at?
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    The only vocal no voter I've come across in the past week was an African taxi driver

53-47

Comment

On more important matters, does anyone have a projector that they use to watch shows on over a TV?

Comment

Drilling and no anesthetic ? madness.

My dentist gives me a topical local before the injection, i don't want to feel a thing, wears off in an hour or 2 at most, has never affected my speech.
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

I got Peter Singer's new book: "The most good you can do". It is about effective altruism. The only problem is that it is forcing me to reconcile with my Akrasia. One of the pitfalls in learning about how to help others is that you then feel you have to do it. Very good book (still reading), would recommend, still, fuck the bastard.
                                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-05-15, 14:05.

Comment

I expect there will be a lot of "Yes" supporters who will be voting no.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                              Interesting article on Brenford and Danish football team owner:

http://betting.boylesports.com/footb...s-mr-moneyball
                                                                              I guess he is kind of my boss.
                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                Seems to be an awful lot of people who never bother to vote voting Yes.

Comment

I know a councillor in Carlow that's constantly updating about how hard they're canvassing in the by-election but no mention of the referendum, presume it's a quiet no for them?
                                                                                  Today's update:
                                                                                  Just out of the polling station after casting my ballot for Bobby Aylward. Please consider Bobby for your No.1 vote today, I have been dealing with him for the past number of months now and I know that if elected he will be working on the many issues I have raised with him. ‪#‎backbobby‬

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                    and those who are telling family they'll vote no and vote yes.

Comment

There's definitely a hipster element to some of the younger yes campaigners. Many of them seem to be more interested in appearing uber tolerant than having any real strong opinion or knowledge of the matter. There's a fine line when someone tries to be so overbearingly open minded that they actually start to come across as the opposite.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

There's definitely a hipster element to some of the younger yes campaigners. Many of them seem to be more interested in appearing uber tolerant than having any real strong opinion or knowledge of the matter. There's a fine line when someone tries to be so overbearingly open minded that they actually start to come across as the opposite.
                                                                                        It's really a simple matter of equality plus an opportunity to distance themselves from an Ireland ruled by church and godfearing over bearing paedo tolerating hicks . A bit to go but they do portray a better more informed Ireland to the world so lets not be too hard on them .
                                                                                        Potatoe potatoe

Comment

If we could run the cunts out, some of those churches would make great nightclubs
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

There's a fine line when someone tries to be so overbearingly open minded that they actually start to come across as the opposite.
                                                                                            it's called 'the Zod Line'

Comment

Eurovision Facts #16.

Everyone knows the first Eurovision took place in 1955, however the first Eurosong took place on December 25th 1915 at Ypres near the Somme river.
                                                                                              With the football pitch unplayable due to snow, the officers of the armies of France, Germany, Holland, Luxembourg, Britain, Belgium and Italy organised a song contest with the conscripted soldiers acting as juries.

The British entry was considered favourite, but the winner was Luxembourg who benefited from the first example of friendly neighbour voting to win by 43 points.
                                                                                              Britain finished last with 0 points and threatened to withdraw from future competitions.

100 years later the event is still commemorated by these 6 countries giving the UK entry 'nul poit'.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                were you never in The Temple Theatre
                                                                                                Before my time I think!
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

be interesting to see if the very Irish mentality of "fuck them, they're not going to tell me what to do" plays any part in voting
                                                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Absolutely.

that said, I doubt anybody but me would enjoy living in Zod's Republic, but it'll always be the dream.
                                                                                                    Tell us more about this utopia?

I think it's good that we've found something the youth give a fuck bout having their voice heard on, rather than people with stockholm syndrome and those with one foot in the grave making the place a backward kip.

Anyhow, the lack of actual tolerance and sense will be illustrated by the difference between the yes votes in both referendums's.
                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Yeah, 'let the gays marry but keep those insufferable 20 something's in their fucking place"!!
                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                        Tell us more about this utopia?

I think it's good that we've found something the youth give a fuck bout having their voice heard on, rather than people with stockholm syndrome and those with one foot in the grave making the place a backward kip.
                                                                                                        Yes. So true! Something to be proud of if this gets through
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

#50.4.prez

Comment

Honda needs a name change to Fifty or 50.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                              Honda needs a name change to Fifty or 50.
                                                                                                              Seconded.

Comment

Is 5star getting on okay at work? Friday now m8

Comment

40% turnout already in some places, quite astounding.

Comment

40% turnout already in some places, quite astounding.
                                                                                                                    What's your squeal point? I assume you're somewhat hedged?
                                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                      be interesting to see if the very Irish mentality of "fuck them, they're not going to tell me what to do" plays any part in voting
                                                                                                                      Minimal I'd say. So-much-so that's it's 100% irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                        What's your squeal point? I assume you're somewhat hedged?
                                                                                                                        No bet on turnout; on unders @ 66.5 and 68.5. Have a range of constituencies to vote no for small money, but half of my betting total is on Donegal so disaster if that doesn't come home (better be no fecking students making that journey back).

Although, not the worst way to lose money tbh.

Thought I was buying money so no hedge
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 22-05-15, 16:22.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X