This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post
    I think the reporting of it is worse. The goal is described as the one that stopped Ireland from qualifying. Were Ireland dead certs to win if they hadn't scored? I can't remember the scoreline but I think it would have gone to penalties?
    We would have won. All over them. Delaney sold us out for 5 mil. Could have made history as 33rd country in World Cup. Delaney out!

Comment

Did anyone get a Philips Hue after we were taking about them before? Finding myself tempted again.

Comment

Lads stop trying to be all reasoned and pretending that Delaney done a nice bit of business. Hop on the bandwagon,don't be afraid to join the mob just because some of the people gunning for him write angry facebook posts about Henry's handball in capital letters 6 years later.
        Getting him out would be a result and it's just not haters in Ireland who think this transaction stinks on both sides

Fifa’s €5m hush money to FAI cuts to the heart of its crisis

http://gu.com/p/49ggy?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy to clipboard
        Last edited by Guest; 05-06-15, 10:50.

Comment

Ireland just finished off UAE in the cricket. Another small step on the road to Test status.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

#DelaneyOut

Comment

Wawrinka's backhand is a thing of beauty.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Is there not value in Murray at 9/2 this afternoon?

I know Djokovic put Nadal away fairly handily the other day but surprised to see he was 1/5 vs Murray.

Comment

The fact they dont know if it is in euro or dollars says it all really.

He should have been replaced sacked last night when it came to light.

Typical Irish attitude...sure dont you have to admire his neck all the same...yeah...right...

Between him now and the schoolteacher running the country, shower of cowboys.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                    The fact they dont know if it is in euro or dollars says it all really.

He should have been replaced sacked last night when it came to light.

Typical Irish attitude...sure dont you have to admire his neck all the same...yeah...right...

Between him now and the schoolteacher running the country, shower of cowboys.
                    5 million bananas for, literally, nothing, the man's a genius!

he's going up on my hero wall with Sepp and Silvio B

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

If it was a humble rural TD leveraging money out of the government fo fix some potholes you'd have your lynching kit out
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-06-15, 11:53.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                        If it was a humble rural TD leveraging money out of the government fo fix some potholes you'd have your lynching kit out
                        THE, SAVAGE, EYE, SERIES, 'POLITICS', 'DAVID, MCSAVAGE', 'RTE', 'COMEDY', 'SKETCH'

Comment

Does it matter if it was for nothing or for teabags ? It was an under the counter payment, he is a chief exec in a position of power.

I know you are wumming the shit out of it too.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Silvio gets his own wall dude.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                              Silvio gets his own wall dude.
                              true that

Silvio's latest. You just have to bow down in admiration (I'm sure she does anyway ).

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                That Jamie xx album is something fucking great.
                                Its pretty decent but for some reason I was expecting better. Maybe I need another listen
                                airport, lol

Comment

It's Friday, Friday.

Gotta get down on Friday.

Hopefully that is now stuck in a few of your heads.

Comment

@ Tar, where would I get Fry's veggie mince or seitan. Typing seitan into Tesco results in 32 results for stain removers. And wheat gluten search isn't helping.

Comment

Just went onto the other place. On the front page there was a thread discussing the 2nd paper of the English Leaving Cert exam. I clicked on it to see what is on the curriculum these days. Within the first ten posts we have...

Originally posted by Js1997
                                      Just out of the exam now, definitely taught they were going to change it up a bit and give us a few shocks.
                                      Originally posted by TheSunderz
                                      Taught that went very well

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                        @ Tar, where would I get Fry's veggie mince or seitan. Typing seitan into Tesco results in 32 results for stain removers. And wheat gluten search isn't helping.
                                        Tesco online only has 23 veggie products

These look pretty interesting

Are you veganing or veggying?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                          There's not too much seitanin ireland compared to...anywhere else.
                                          Health food shops, best is probably Down to Earth on Georges street (they have lots of frys stuff), then nourish is dotted over the city. Holland & Barretts too. I generally get Seitan from nourish and fry it up, other countries do it a lot better but whatever.

Recommend going to cornucopia to eat btw if you havent been.

In down to earth I;d get a lot of things, bean pate, "pudding", sausages, burgers, hotdogs etc Think tehy have linda McCartney mince

I order burgers and bacon off these guys and they deliver to my door (5 packs for the price of 4), they are part seitan and are very good: http://moodleymanor.com/moodleymeats
                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 05-06-15, 13:40.

Comment

Trying out protein powder, I get the powder, my cat gets a box, we are both happy with this. She was like omg a new box, amazinnnggg. Started headbutting it in excitement for it to be opened so she could get in.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 05-06-15, 14:04.

Comment

Genuinely don't understand what the FAI are being criticised for

This talk of selling their integrity etc is ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post

'tis madness Ted but the moral high ground is a fierce crowded neighbourhood

Comment

This is why there is a cunt who wants to be a celebrity paying himself 360k a year in charge.

Nobody cares and it is fucking up Irish football.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                    This is why there is a cunt who wants to be a celebrity paying himself 360k a year in charge.

Getting 5 Mil for fuck all if they can prove the spent it on Irish football isn't bad for Irish football.
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                      Getting 5 Mil for fuck all if they can prove the spent it on Irish football isn't bad for Irish football.
                                                      It is while he gets paid 360k per year.
                                                      It is while clubs in the League of Ireland pay 19k to enter the league and need to come 4th to make profit on that.
                                                      It is when grassroots football has seen sweet fuck all investment despite promises.
                                                      It is when clubs are let go bust and must start again unless they are from Dublin.

This shite is going on before the 5 million and after it.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                        Are we the only ones that received bribes *from* FIFA?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                          One of many. Under the table and over it. Blatter gave every association a $750,000 a few months back to sweeten everyone before the elections.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                            Not at all, FIFA are a very generous organisation and shared their largesse with other football people around the world, which is how these executives continued to get voted back in time after time. Everyone down the line gets a cut.

Comment

As you said yourself he was receiving it before the 5 mill and after the 5 mill, those two issues are not connected.

Comment

As you said yourself he was receiving it before the 5 mill and after the 5 mill, those two issues are not connected.
                                                                They cut the LOI prize money in half and only 40k off his wages.

Comment

LOI total prize money is only 50% of his wages...

Comment

It is while clubs in the League of Ireland pay 19k to enter the league and need to come 4th to make profit on that.
                                                                    It is when grassroots football has seen sweet fuck all investment despite promises.
                                                                    It is when clubs are let go bust and must start again unless they are from Dublin.

They are all problems regardless of the 5 mil though.

He's still a cunt and a lot of what's wrong with Irish football but this seemed like a great play by him to be fair
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Problem?
                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Don't get me wrong, the FAI are a shambles and Delaney's wages are a travesty. But do those criticising them for the 5m think Irish football would somehow have been better off by refusing it?

Comment

The John Delaney witchhunt is a bit similar to the DoB one in that there might not be a huge amount wrong with what they are currently being hammered for but it is richly deserved in both cases.

Comment

In 2011

The total prize pot available to Premier Division clubs has been reduced from €700,000 last year to €223,500, while First Division clubs will play for €91,000 -- down from €161,000. This means a combined drop between the two divisions of €546,500.
                                                                            The total pot now is about 250k.

Delaney took a 10% wage cut off his 400k a few years ago and has kept that wage since.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

In down to earth I;d get a lot of things, bean pate, "pudding", sausages, burgers, hotdogs etc Think tehy have linda McCartney mince

I order burgers and bacon off these guys and they deliver to my door (5 packs for the price of 4), they are part seitan and are very good: http://moodleymanor.com/moodleymeats
                                                                              Pate mince and bacon WTF?

Whats so wrong with veggies that you want to eat pretend meat?

No matter how hard I try I remain utterly bewildered by the concepts behind veganism.
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Steam controllers released now for preorder:

Experience a new level of precise control for your favorite games. The Steam Controller lets you play your entire collection of Steam games on your TV—even t...

They also have a "steam link" which you connect to any tv and it detects any pc running steam, you can then play your games on your tv.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, the FAI are a shambles and Delaney's wages are a travesty. But do those criticising them for the 5m think Irish football would somehow have been better off by refusing it?
                                                                                  LOI clubs and grassroots football should be better for it, they aren't.

Irish football would also be better off if he took 160k off his yearly and put it towards the league and grassroots. He would still be over paid but Ireland would be better off. He's too greedy to even do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

No matter how hard I try I remain utterly bewildered by the concepts behind veganism.
                                                                                    Yeah don't get the fake meat thing myself, some great veggie dishes out there

Comment

Most food I eat is not fake meat however...
                                                                                      Not eating meat has nothing got to do with the taste of it, I love the taste of meat. However I also have compassion for the animals involved so I do not eat them. I aim to reduce the amount of suffering I personally cause, that's about it. It's not taht I was jumping for joy to stop eating meat, quite the opposite at the time, it was hard for me but I felt it had to be done.
                                                                                      Fake meat helps those having trouble transition to a vegetarian/vegan diet as they are not used to it, I agree there are fantastic veg dishes, none of my favourite food now is anything "meaty". If you didn't eat meat because it hurts others would you still like the taste of it or a facsimile? Its not that it is meat...it's that its something that tastes nice with a chewy texture.
                                                                                      Anything that aids people along a path where they want others to suffer less is good in my eyes, we are only human after all and this stuff can be tough for us.
                                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 05-06-15, 15:02.

Comment

Big congrats to one of my favourite ladies in Poker, our own IPB Queen Jules , who walked the plank today

Comment

Steam controllers released now for preorder:

Experience a new level of precise control for your favorite games. The Steam Controller lets you play your entire collection of Steam games on your TV—even t...

They also have a "steam link" which you connect to any tv and it detects any pc running steam, you can then play your games on your tv.
                                                                                          Feel like I should be getting too old to be excited about anything PC gaming-related these days, but I'm excited about this. SteamVR in particular. Love everything Valve have done since the masterpiece that was HL1 (although I'm sure I complained about Steam itself when it was released!).

Edit: Hope SteamVR offers something like this experience! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwLUHEG4oNs

Edit2: how do you embed Youtube videos?
                                                                                          Last edited by DMMurray; 05-06-15, 15:18.

Comment

Most food I eat is not fake meat however...
                                                                                            Not eating meat has nothing got to do with the taste of it, I love the taste of meat. However I also have compassion for the animals involved so I do not eat them. I aim to reduce the amount of suffering I personally cause, that's about it. It's not taht I was jumping for joy to stop eating meat, quite the opposite at the time, it was hard for me and I felt it had to be done.
                                                                                            Fake meat helps those having trouble transition to a vegetarian/vegan diet as they are not used to it, I agree there are fantastic veg dishes, none of my favourite food now is anything "meaty". If you didn't eat meat because it hurts others would you still like the taste of it or a facsimile? Its not that it is meat...it's that its something that tastes nice with a chewy texture.
                                                                                            Anything that aids people along a path where they want others to suffer less is good in my eyes.
                                                                                            Hmm. I admire the sentiment of wanting others to suffer less but TBH I feel like I would when presented with a devout catholic who, these days (it was different when I was a more arrogant kid) I really don't want to be knocking off their pedestal.
                                                                                            I'm going to feel like an awful bollix for making this cheap shot but IMO you have a seriously fucked up concept of what 'others' means and maybe you'd be better focussing the concept of what others are onto, for instance, the end users of the products you are creating.
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Going to have to go to Tayto Park now to check out that roller-coaster,wooden ones are excellent. Assume it's extra dough on top of general admission
                                                                                              Still not going to beat the adrenaline buzz of going on some creaking heap of a yoke in a regional funfair while some pikey who looks like he doesn't give a shit holds your life in his hands.

Comment

Holland and Barrett superfood section would put a few here on tilt I'd say,Chia seeds must be worth more than gold. guy at the till spouting some quality BS about toxins now

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                                                                                                  Feel like I should be getting too old to be excited about anything PC gaming-related these days, but I'm excited about this. SteamVR in particular. Love everything Valve have done since the masterpiece that was HL1 (although I'm sure I complained about Steam itself when it was released!).

Edit: Hope SteamVR offers something like this experience! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwLUHEG4oNs

Edit2: how do you embed Youtube videos?
                                                                                                  VR will be the next big step in gaming, it's amazing.
                                                                                                  The experience of all the people using them seems to be great, oculus rift and so on too.
                                                                                                  Hmm. I admire the sentiment of wanting others to suffer less but TBH I feel like I would when presented with a devout catholic who, these days (it was different when I was a more arrogant kid) I really don't want to be knocking off their pedestal.
                                                                                                  I'm going to feel like an awful bollix for making this cheap shot but IMO you have a seriously fucked up concept of what 'others' means and maybe you'd be better focussing the concept of what others are onto, for instance, the end users of the products you are creating.
                                                                                                  Nobody is on a pedestal, people act like vegans/vegetarians think they are better than others morally, when that is just bollocks, the whole point of it is the opposite, that people want to have compassion for others and that they realise that no matter how they live what they are doing is realistically harming others and it bothers them. This thought experiment would be a partial explanation as to why no vegan should think themselves better than anybody else https://vegansapiosexual.wordpress.c...aner-than-thou. As to what I create, I'm not sure if you think I create rockets but I create communications equipment, it is used worldwide for various reasons, yes it can be used to communicate "kill the arab children" but is also what is used in natural disasters, we essentially make phones. So the ethics of that is a totally different lengthy discussion. Obviously when people care for animals they care for humans, they are animals too...the US human right atrocities is harder under my recompense although I'll do my best to affect their policy from within.
                                                                                                  Being a professional is certainly better than being a hippy, in effectiveness stakes: https://vegansapiosexual.wordpress.c...e-new-radical/
                                                                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 05-06-15, 15:59.

Comment

noone can determine where the 5m is.
                                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Faaaaaaaark.

Was funking hard for the serviced apartment near London Bridge for my London work trip... got the foooking Jurys in Croydon.

Talk about a swing.
                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                        noone can determine where the 5m is.
                                                                                                        Which is pretty laughable after last nights statement. Where is todays to clear it up?

Comment

There's not too much seitanin ireland compared to...anywhere else.
                                                                                                          Health food shops, best is probably Down to Earth on Georges street (they have lots of frys stuff), then nourish is dotted over the city. Holland & Barretts too. I generally get Seitan from nourish and fry it up, other countries do it a lot better but whatever.

Recommend going to cornucopia to eat btw if you havent been.

Just saw the reference to Moodley meats. How did you come across them?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                            Faaaaaaaark.

Was funking hard for the serviced apartment near London Bridge for my London work trip... got the foooking Jurys in Croydon.

Talk about a swing.
                                                                                                            In the 00's i showed the girls in Admin how to covertly watch the first Big Brother house Online. For 2 years after, every work trip got booked into top notch hotels on the strength of it. Also got "accidentally" paid my redundancy sum twice, and when i rang to 'fess up one of the girls laughed and said to send a letter next week, cos they would all be gone by then and no one would ever open it
                                                                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Delaney should've accepted that fairplay award we were offered too, might've been able to get a few quid for it on donedeal.
                                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Platini gave us a ''Best Fans'' award.

Comment

Out of the office for the next month!
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    Just saw the reference to Moodley meats. How did you come across them?
                                                                                                                    Heya MrsF! Originally, maybe a year ago I joined their forums (I think my ex found them on vegan Ireland), they had set up a little social forum thing back then for vegans, probably with the aim to create a community to sell their developing products to. I've met them both now and they seem quite nice. They started off with "gift boxes" of rare vegan things like toiletries and chocolates and moved to these meats now.
                                                                                                                    How do you know of them, they are very small and new? I think it's rarer for a non vegan to know them!

Comment

Heya MrsF! Originally, maybe a year ago I joined their forums (I think my ex found them on vegan Ireland), they had set up a little social forum thing back then for vegans, probably with the aim to create a community to sell their developing products to. I've met them both now and they seem quite nice. They started off with "gift boxes" of rare vegan things like toiletries and chocolates and moved to these meats now.
                                                                                                                      How do you know of them, they are very small and new? I think it's rarer for a non vegan to know them!
                                                                                                                      I am friends with Aisling, that's why I was asking lol

Comment

Cunning plan coming to fruition here. Sitting in the sun at Clontarf cricket club sipping a pint while kids run around doing things that vaguely resemble cricket. Kids start playing a sport I like and I get to have a sneaky couple while earning brownie points of a Friday evening. A1 Sharon imo.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          I am friends with Aisling, that's why I was asking lol
                                                                                                                          Hook a sister up with some sweet discounts
                                                                                                                          I hope they do well!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X