This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    He took over a title contending, Champions league competitive and really dynamic footballing side in Napoli, spent more than any other side while there, missed out on champions league qualification both seasons in a league lacking depth and made them a really boring watch. Top effort all in all and well deserved of his crack at Real.
    The local school supplies shop is going to have a run on protractors and other charting instruments

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Every time I see a picture of DO'B, I automatically think of this guy:

My next thought is then 'fuck him'.

Fuck him.
      Made me think of this:
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
        Perhaps, but that doesn't make it right.

I was going to post a hypothetical scenario involving a rapist and a vigilante mob to make a point but that seems a tad melodramatic.

I'd be with Tony on this, if DO'B is guilty of something then we have laws and structures in place for him to be tried as such. People taking things into their own hands because "the right way" may never work is a very slippery slope to go down.

I'd also agree with Hitch and others re: 7.5% being a complete red herring in terms of commerical loan rates at that kind of volume and without knowing what the details of the loan were.

It's all a bit of a witch hunt and raises alarming questions in my mind as to the impunity with which certain people/factions are willing to completely circumvent the law in order to point out that someone allegedly circumvented the law
        We still on for lunch with DO'B later?

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
          We still on for lunch with DO'B later?
          Ssssshhhh
          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

I got my water bill this morning, its only €32.05.

I have a meter but the bill says it is an unmetered tariff, its only water in, i have a septic tank for wastewater.

I called the helpline to ask why it was unmetered when i have a meter installed, the operator says to me oh we cant link the meter to the property, why didnt you link it at the time with GPS says i, will you hold on the line ans give directions to your property...i will in my hole says i, there could be water pissing out of a leak between the meter and my house and you are charging me only 32 euro...nice way to conserve water.

They even made a mistake with the IBAN number for bill payments, shower of amateurs.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

I have a meter but the bill says it is an unmetered tariff, its only water in, i have a septic tank for wastewater.

I called the helpline to ask why it was unmetered when i have a meter installed, the operator says to me oh we cant link the meter to the property, why didnt you link it at the time with GPS says i, will you hold on the line ans give directions to your property...i will in my hole says i, there could be water pissing out of a leak between the meter and my house and you are charging me only 32 euro...nice way to conserve water.

They even made a mistake with the IBAN number for bill payments, shower of amateurs.
              +1 million,they are wasters and whats worse is they all have Cork accents. You would think after all the controversy they would put a bit of work into their customer relations, but no its another fucking disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                +1 million,they are wasters and whats worse is they all have Cork accents. You would think after all the controversy they would put a bit of work into their customer relations, but no its another fucking disaster.
                My disdain for their ineptitude is somewhat placated by them referring to my house as a "property"...it makes me feel like im sitting on some big Texan ranch.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

How about we draw the line where if you've previously been found to have bribed politicians and are being awarded government contracts all your base are belong to us?

Comment

Has anyone been billed by direct debit? Supposedly mine should have been taken on the 26/05 but here we are 8 days later and no debited money (and of course no way for me to see that things are correct in their online system... though I registered online so it should be).
                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Love the way these tech-evangelists just breeze over the job losses - because the disruption will create ' new opportunities '. All nice and vague. Feudalism 2.0 here we come
                      That's the big one alight.
                      There are a few ways it can go.
                      tbh, it is largely dependent on how those on top of the earning pile react.
                      Full automation of transport, agriculture, service industry, manufacturing
                      could lead to
                      a) utopia where increased leisure time and lack of financial concerns bring a new renaissance. Money means a lot less as there is enough for all. Art, technology, peace for our time. Loads of sex in zero gravity
                      b) Judge Dredd style dystopia. Where an elite group control all scant resources. Life holds less meaning and a false scarcity of resources is kept to keep the population under a yoke. Robot hookers are popular but you have to recycle your own piss.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

^^ this has been happening since we all stopped being subsistence farmers, and all that happens is society keeps getting richer.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          could lead to
                          a) utopia where increased leisure time and lack of financial concerns bring a new renaissance. Money means a lot less as there is enough for all. Art, technology, peace for our time. Loads of sex in zero gravity
                          b) Judge Dredd style dystopia. Where an elite group control all scant resources. Life holds less meaning and a false scarcity of resources is kept to keep the population under a yoke. Robot hookers are popular but you have to recycle your own piss.
                          Well seeing as the the current tech climate we live in was supposed to lead to the 3 day week, job sharing and freedom for all, I wouldn't hold out much hope for a)

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                            Has anyone been billed by direct debit? Supposedly mine should have been taken on the 26/05 but here we are 8 days later and no debited money (and of course no way for me to see that things are correct in their online system... though I registered online so it should be).
                            I registered also but cant log into their system, when i go to retrieve the password with my email address it says it is incorrect...i only use the one email addy.

Very frustrating setup.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                              ^^ this has been happening since we all stopped being subsistence farmers, and all that happens is society keeps getting richer.
                              Strange definition of society there lad

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                Well seeing as the the current tech climate we live in was supposed to lead to the 3 day week, job sharing and freedom for all, I wouldn't hold out much hope for a)
                                We also consume a fuck load more than anyone in the past.
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

We also consume a fuck load more than anyone in the past.
                                  Yarp

The model never really took "dumb greedy cunts" into account

Comment

could lead to
                                    A lot of what you read about the belief systems of the guys at the top would make b seem more likely.

Comment

Also, for a guy whom certain people think has done so much for Ireland, his aversion to paying taxes here is certainly another reason to join the 'fuck him' camp.

JP McManus can also fuck off. Stop showering patronage on Limerick from your low-tax canton, come back here and pay up like a regular Joe. Tbe media cocksucking of this guy must also stop.

SPOILER
                                      I appeat to be mutating into PSV. Help
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

A lot of what you read about the belief systems of the guys at the top would make b seem more likely.
                                        Considering how many jobs were created and how much richer the world became when it no longer took 50 guys a week to empty a ship I think we'll be OK.

Comment

I would be genuinely worried if I was a taxi driver with no other marketable skills. Your encyclopaedic knowledge of your city and its traffic patterns is certainly impressive, but it's no longer a marketable skill. It has been obseleted by technology.

New industries will certainly arise to replace the old ones. Our economies are becoming more centralised in some ways and more decentralised in other ways, so there's lots of opportunities for independent operators to arise. The internet creates an easily-accessible global marketplace which we have yet to unlock the full potential of.
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                            I would be genuinely worried if I was a taxi driver with no other marketable skills. Your encyclopaedic knowledge of your city and its traffic patterns is certainly impressive, but it's no longer a marketable skill. It has been obseleted by technology.

New industries will certainly arise to replace the old ones. Our economies are becoming more centralised in some ways and more decentralised in other ways, so there's lots of opportunities for independent operators to arise. The internet creates an easily-accessible global marketplace which we have yet to unlock the full potential of.
                                            You can make that argument for pretty much any industry.
                                            There is no real need for traders as an algorithm can perform millions of transactions a second based on immediate market movements.
                                            McDonalds now have robot servers
                                            Simple software can do large scale data analytics quicker than a human ever could.
                                            microsurgery is another fun example

Comment

I registered also but cant log into their system, when i go to retrieve the password with my email address it says it is incorrect...i only use the one email addy.

Very frustrating setup.
                                              Same thing happened me, so I just rang up the automated payment line and was done in a few mins.

Comment

There is no real need for traders as an algorithm can perform millions of transactions a second based on immediate market movements.
                                                Simple software can do large scale data analytics quicker than a human ever could.
                                                A lot of people think it's not going to affect them because they went to college and worked reeeaaallyy hard and at the same time they will be lording it up over the newly unemployed serfs

Comment

A lot of people think it's not going to affect them because they went to college and worked reeeaaallyy hard and at the same time they will be lording it up over the newly unemployed serfs

Comment

What I don't understand when talking about this, is all the people like Denny who keep making the argument that we have been through previous times before like removing us from all being farmers. This isn't anything like that. That video that came out sometime last year used the example of horses. Yes, newer better jobs came that they were able to do removing them from the heavy jobs like ploughing but eventually mechanical muscle completely outstripped the need for them to do anything. No jobs existed that they could any longer do and be better.

Computers are beginning to outstrip humans in almost all facets of capability. A large amount of human interactions will obviously be needed but it is still a tiny, tiny fraction of the workforce. Transport industry alone becoming autonomous will lead to mass unemployed similar to the great depression. This idea that new jobs we can't imagine yet will exists is something that is continually pushed. I'm sure all kinds of strange and wonderful professions will exists, I'm just not sure that those new jobs will be able to be done better by humans.

Opr

Comment

Pretty awesome app, beats googles and apples efforts handily

In this video, SoundHound Inc. Founder & CEO, Keyvan Mohajer does examples of voice queries to Hound that show speed and accuracy, and the ability to handle ...

EDIT:
                                                      The nlp graph for such long queries would be huge, so I'm not sure how accurate this is, will have to see when it comes out.
                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 03-06-15, 13:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                        What I don't understand when talking about this, is all the people like Denny who keep making the argument that we have been through previous times before like removing us from all being farmers. This isn't anything like that. That video that came out sometime last year used the example of horses. Yes, newer better jobs came that they were able to do removing them from the heavy jobs like ploughing but eventually mechanical muscle completely outstripped the need for them to do anything. No jobs existed that they could any longer do and be better.

Computers are beginning to outstrip humans in almost all facets of capability. A large amount of human interactions will obviously be needed but it is still a tiny, tiny fraction of the workforce. Transport industry alone becoming autonomous will lead to mass unemployed similar to the great depression. This idea that new jobs we can't imagine yet will exists is something that is continually pushed. I'm sure all kinds of strange and wonderful professions will exists, I'm just not sure that those new jobs will be able to be done better by humans.

Opr
                                                        We are all going to be lifestyle bloggers and content curators m8.
                                                        But seriously what will actually happen is the creation of a vast new underclass who will be left to rot and demonised by our new overlords.
                                                        Last edited by Guest; 03-06-15, 13:50.

Comment

Algorithms require constant tweaks, updates and occasionally a complete strategy change. There will be plenty of work for traders and software engineers to design these algorithms and develop new strategies. There will also be plenty of one-off trades which are not suitable for automation. This job will become more automated but definitely will not disappear - it will mostly just take a different direction.

Certainly. I would be very worried if I was a burger flipper. What other low-skilled, easily-available jobs are there?

Same situation as trading here. Human interpretation will still be required and customisation of algorithsm and one-off analysis of specific data sets unsuited to default analysis.

We're still miles away from not needing skilled operators to supervise and direct the surgery bots, but if you're an assisting nurse it might be time to find a new skillset.
                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'm guessing there are also far less horses around these days as well - not sure if we can downsize our population of unproductive humans as quickly!

Comment

We are all going to be lifestyle bloggers and content curators m8.
                                                              But seriously what will actually happen is the creation of a vast new underclass who will be left to rot and demonised by our new overlords.
                                                              We're living in the richest age of human existence due to advancement and automation, but one step further and we all become serfs!

The industrial revolution was a far bigger charge then losing a few drivers and we've done pretty well since then.
                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 03-06-15, 14:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                Pretty awesome app, beats googles and apples efforts handily

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ONXea0mXg
                                                                sure if you want to know all about Japan or a mortgage
                                                                just kidding , that is fucking cool. Gonna fake a US IP and apply for an invite later

only a matter of time though

isn't the future great
                                                                Last edited by DeadParrot; 03-06-15, 14:05.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                  He took over a title contending, Champions league competitive and really dynamic footballing side in Napoli, spent more than any other side while there, missed out on champions league qualification both seasons in a league lacking depth and made them a really boring watch. Top effort all in all and well deserved of his crack at Real.
                                                                  Monumental victory for spoofers the world over.

Comment

I've finally taken the 5 minutes it took to fix the broken skype image thing. Only took 5.5 years. With productivity returns like that the human race is secure.

Comment

I've been keeping you in the job for 5.5 years, what will you do now serf?

Comment

Very frustrating setup.
                                                                        The online system doesnt give you much except access to your current bill (and tells me that mine is unpaid!).
                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

sure if you want to know all about Japan or a mortgage
                                                                          just kidding , that is fucking cool. Gonna fake a US IP and apply for an invite later

only a matter of time though

isn't the future great
                                                                          http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/soundho...-apk-download/
                                                                          If their calculations are server based out latency is gonna be fun :P
                                                                          Still, stuff like this is awesome. I'm working on trader economic professor alcoholic bot in work atm, it's why hitch left the country and Denny is worried while trying to maintain the pretense of calm. PSV seeing right through you guys, he's my PeSsemism bot V58.0

here ye go

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            If you think about it when trying to offload a bundle of loans having a fully performing 500 Million with DOB as the lipstick on the pig ugly face of a bundle of golf courses and derelict sites in Dublin would have been something you'd be very keen to hang on to.
                                                                            Just on this, I'm wondering in what sense DOB - as someone who had borrowed and owed a shitload of cash to IBRC - is in a position of power here in terms of why you would need to massively sweeten the deal in order to keep him servicing the money he owed?

Are you afraid he would refuse to pay, get a cheaper loan somewhere else or what?

Comment

Dave Duggan s masterful rendition of the 673 King Street card trick has impressed people onlineDave Duggan s masterful rendition of the 673 King Street c...

Opr

Comment

Felt it was time I Googled IBRC, I've half a notion what ye're on about now
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

I've been keeping you in the job for 5.5 years, what will you do now serf?
                                                                                  Going out to the shops. I decided this morning that for the first time this century I deserved a 'sickie' due to hating my job and wanting to punch people. Once my wedding and honeymoon is over though I can get on with the serious business of quitting and getting another job I probably dislike as well but hopefully not as much.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    Going out to the shops. I decided this morning that for the first time this century I deserved a 'sickie' due to hating my job and wanting to punch people. Once my wedding and honeymoon is over though I can get on with the serious business of quitting and getting another job I probably dislike as well but hopefully not as much.
                                                                                    It's about time you got my job again. You would love it here, lots of reaching out and taking things offline.

Comment

Saw this the other day. Pretty feckin cool.

Comment

It's about time you got my job again. You would love it here, lots of reaching out and taking things offline.
                                                                                        If I could punch the words in this sentence and it would hurt those who uttered it I would.

Comment

I reckon Dobmans quietness is cause he thinks you are all arguing about him for the last two days.

Comment

If I could punch the words in this sentence and it would hurt those who uttered it I would.
                                                                                            You need to rebaseline your expectations.

SPOILER
                                                                                            translates as "get fucked"

Comment

Plenty of that where I am now. I'm still slightly lost as to the career path that led me where I am in jobs I'm not remotely qualified for or interested in. GFY Financial services industry.

Comment

You need to rebaseline your expectations.

SPOILER
                                                                                                translates as "get fucked"
                                                                                                Hi RD3,

Could you make this your primary action item?

Kind Regards,
                                                                                                AndyFB.

Comment

Fallout 4 announced. What a time to be alive.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                    You and me both. Though I'm ridiculously lazy and they have moved me into an area where I can do this job in my sleep

Comment

Hi RD3,

Could you make this your primary action item?

Kind Regards,
                                                                                                      AndyFB.
                                                                                                      I would love to take on this exciting challenge, which I am of course passionate about. Unfortunately I have no bandwidth at this time, in fact I have a hard stop on this post.

ENDS (which is actually how one particular genius signs off his email missives)

Comment

I take for granted working with non-dicks.
                                                                                                        Fallout 4 announced. What a time to be alive.

Here is the video nerds:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I actually never finished 3 or new vegas, must go back.

Comment

Good opening set in the Djok v Nadal game so far

Djok raced to a 4-0 lead, and Nadal got back to 4-4. Some great rallies and a few mistakes from both players. Umpire also sticking his beak in calling a time violation on Nadal after he saved a set point and was serving at deuce 4-5. Djok serving at 5-5 now.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                            I reckon Dobmans quietness is cause he thinks you are all arguing about him for the last two days.
                                                                                                            Lol. No. I know who they're talking about. I just have no idea why people care or what it's all about so keeping out of it.

Comment

I would love to take on this exciting challenge, which I am of course passionate about. Unfortunately I have no bandwidth at this time, in fact I have a hard stop on this post.

ENDS (which is actually how one particular genius signs off his email missives)
                                                                                                              video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

hi
                                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                  hi
                                                                                                                  there ya are

Comment

I see GAB has moved to pastures new again. Anyone have the cliffs on the new employer?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                      I thought his is a pretty commonly held view from industry experts within transport. I have watched and read numerous things over the last year which have been saying similar things to that article. Embedded electronics is taking over the world and the transport sector is at the forefront of that. If someone explained your smartphone to you 10 years ago they would sound far more nuts than the guy who wrote that article.

Opr
                                                                                                                      World of difference between technology evolving to the current smartphone and a fleet of automated vehicles doing away with the need for private transport in 10-15 years.
                                                                                                                      Oh and 12 years ago my missus and I had Motorola phones, video calls, 3g, cameras front and back, internet, bluetooth, if you told me then what smartphones would evolve to in 2015 i would have been pretty disappointed, come to think of it I am disappointed that they haven't evolved more by now. Pfff, they haven't even evolved batteries in line with the phones that can last more than a normal day. I used to get 4 or 5 days from my first Siemens C25 back in the nineties.

I have been in the transport industry in one way or the other for 22 years and believe me, things "evolve" very slowly. They have been talking about hybrids, electric vehicles and hydrogen vehicles since I started working and I don't know anyone who owns a hybrid vehicle/electric vehicle (apart from a tiny % of my customers) and Hydrogen is probably 30 years away from mainstream sales.
                                                                                                                      Yes, some vehicles have adaptive cruise control, slow down, speed up in traffic and keep between the lines and can brake to avoid accidents etc. and I know a lot of manufacturers are working on driverless cars, I have seen the Audi videos of 4 cars without drivers following each other on a closed track, but to take that to the streets is a long way off.
                                                                                                                      You wouldn't believe how long it takes and the costs involved to get a safety feature or a new engine approved for sale.

I stand by my 100 year time prediction of that article's prediction of the the future of transport.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by gorrrr72; 03-06-15, 16:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                        I see GAB has moved to pastures new again. Anyone have the cliffs on the new employer?
                                                                                                                        AFAIK its owned by Bill McCabe who made money off the CBT eLearning thing in the 90's and is involved in a few different tech plays.
                                                                                                                        Don't know much about them as a bookies but I'm sure we will all have accounts there in no time
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          AFAIK its owned by Bill McCabe who made money off the CBT eLearning thing in the 90's and is involved in a few different tech plays.
                                                                                                                          Don't know much about them as a bookies but I'm sure we will all have accounts there in no time
                                                                                                                          What's it called? I thought he was gone pro on Pokerstars

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X