X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Scott Walker will sort it all out
    Yeah, between the years of this graph being a sign of impending doom and the weekly update that this week is grexit week I think I'm going to have to jump to the Hitch camp.

TBF to all concerned I think this might be my favourite post here in months, I can just see the smarmy grin on his face as he typed it up

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    RD has the most spectacular record of failed political betting ideas on IPB. He's comically bad at them. Most recent being agreeing with my guess of the polls being wrong for UK election. Almost exact words 'you've been played Horatio' on my losing bet with him on Tory seats <310. Or more long term our annual political and economic bets for last few years where he ALWAYS loses. The man is a consistent charlatan. A convincing charlatan though. Listening to him is like a bet in favour of a rising PaddyPower share price...
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Rory setting the course alight!

Comment

+ is good right???

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          Upload to image shack or similar, resize there and link.

Bad effort from the night crew last night.

quicker option imo
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Yeah, between the years of this graph being a sign of impending doom and the weekly update that this week is grexit week I think I'm going to have to jump to the Hitch camp.

TBF to all concerned I think this might be my favourite post here in months, I can just see the smarmy grin on his face as he typed it up
            I think he was locked at the time and overlooking the fact that all of my referendum bets came in except Galway East

or else he was confusing political with economic, where I have never won a bet with him
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Walker is way too crazy. Unless Romney runs again, I can't see a president coming out of any of these:

Romney would certainly do well against Clinton. Obama destroyed him in debates by painting him as one of the 1%, but Hillary can't take the same approach without appearing hypocritical.

But Romney will still have the same problem every Republican candidate has: he will have to campaign hard right in order to secure the nomination, then suddenly veer back to centre for his presidential campaign. It's child's play for the opposition to turn this into evidence of lies and hypocrisy.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                Walker is way too crazy. Unless Romney runs again, I can't see a president coming out of any of these:

that graph shows why he would do well imo

forget about Romney
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I Fooled Millions Into Thinking Chocolate Helps Weight Loss. Here's How.

So why should you care? People who are desperate for reliable information face a bewildering array of diet guidance—salt is bad, salt is good, protein is good, protein is bad, fat is bad, fat is good—that changes like the weather. But science will figure it out, right? Now that we’re calling obesity an epidemic, funding will flow to the best scientists and all of this noise will die down, leaving us with clear answers to the causes and treatments.

Or maybe not. Even the well-funded, serious research into weight-loss science is confusing and inconclusive, laments Peter Attia, a surgeon who cofounded a nonprofit called the Nutrition Science Initiative. For example, the Women’s Health Study—the largest of its kind—yielded few clear insights about diet and health. “The results were just confusing,” says Attia. “They spent $1 billion and couldn’t even prove that a low-fat diet is better or worse.” Attia’s nonprofit is trying to raise $190 million to answer these fundamental questions. But it’s hard to focus attention on the science of obesity, he says. “There’s just so much noise.”
                  Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 28-05-15, 12:08.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Lucky that work is quiet today. I'm in don't give a shit mode. Boss even said he would send me home if it was a normal day but I can work the full day cos he knows I'm looking forward to the weekend that's one of the reasons I like working for him. Good banter.

Comment

What's the really shiny/bright thing half way up the Dublin mountains?

Seen it a few times now.

Comment

that graph shows why he would do well imo

forget about Romney
                        That graph makes it look like hes only a teeny bit tea party but with the Koch money he's really just a more plausible Palin.

And LOL @ good ol boy Jeb being in the Moderate bubble

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          What's the really shiny/bright thing half way up the Dublin mountains?

Seen it a few times now.
                          Those aliens are chasing me again.

Comment

Can you fit a bicycle in a current VW golf with the back seats let down?

Comment

Can you fit a bicycle in a current VW golf with the back seats let down?
                              Absolutely though you may have to take the front wheel off.
                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                Absolutely though you may have to take the front wheel off.
                                I was looking at that for a full 30 seconds before I got what you meant

Cool thanks

Comment

I was looking at that for a full 30 seconds before I got what you meant

Cool thanks
                                  Oh. You will also probably have to fold down the back seats.

If it's something you are going to do a lot fit a tow bar and get a carrier.

Comment

Comment

Just got a phonecall from Three, I won 4 pitch side tickets to the Ireland and Scotland game with one of the seats for a child to walk the team out.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                        well
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                          well
                                          m8.

Poker drama isn't what it used to be.

Comment

m8.

Poker drama isn't what it used to be.
                                            What happened or didnt

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                              What happened or didnt
                                              Operators hatin on each other m8.

What is the plan for the day m8

Comment

What is the easiest way (if possible) to transfer money to someone in England if they need to money instantly?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                  What is the easiest way (if possible) to transfer money to someone in England if they need to money instantly?

Opr
                                                  Western Union online for cash pickup - ridiculous fees though. Make sure to spell the receivers name as it is on their ID.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                    Western Union online for cash pickup - ridiculous fees though. Make sure to spell the receivers name as it is on their ID.
                                                    They have an English bank account if that makes a difference. I'm looking at transferwise thing at the moment. Not sure if it transfers the money instantly though, anyone any experience of using it?

Opr

Comment

Opr
                                                      Bank transfer to Irish bank account and withdraw from ATM?

Paypal?

Or there is always WU as mentioned

Comment

They have an English bank account if that makes a difference. I'm looking at transferwise thing at the moment. Not sure if it transfers the money instantly though, anyone any experience of using it?

Opr
                                                        WU - they only need ID in the name you input and they can pick up in cash (WU anywhere) the amount you send. I had to send some today and the other person had it in cash in 10 minutes.

Comment

Finally i dont feel left out anymore.

I got my "eventvwr" call from a gentleman of Indian persuasion.

"What does it say when you press enter" ?

S for sierra
                                                          C for charlie
                                                          A for alpha
                                                          M for mike

It took a few attempts before he hung up on me.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

<snip>

Ok
                                                            Last edited by pokerhand; 28-05-15, 14:31.
                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

<snip>
                                                              Done
                                                              Last edited by pokerhand; 28-05-15, 14:32.
                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                <snip>
                                                                Done
                                                                That the beour?
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

<snip>
                                                                  Done
                                                                  Am I the only one expecting this to be a picture of a circumcision

Comment

These better be my pics I asked for.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                      That the beour?
                                                                      Nope... Just some random pic for testing purposes

Comment

Nope... Just some random pic for testing purposes
                                                                        Ah shame, she was a bit of alright.. nice bird!
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                          Looking for somewhere to grab decent burger and wings.

Somewhere similar to the likes of Elephant and castle, Bison, Pitt Bros, Aussie BBQ and Coutner.

Any suggestions? Preferably walking distance to Grafton street.
                                                                          Know it's a bit late but for future reference, Bunsen do savage burgers and I tried Frite Haus just up the street from it the other day and it was quite nice also.
                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                            Am I the only one expecting this to be a picture of a circumcision
                                                                            Probably!

Comment

How do you resize photo?
                                                                              Upload to imgur and you can add an l (large) m (medium) s (small) before the .jpg of the image filename and it will resize an image for you.

Comment

Watched girlhood, yep paid real money like hotshotspur. I think it was quite good, would recommend, however inexperience of actors let it down for me imo, and some weak unrealistic parts. Expected more gang realism and there was a part with "intimidation" that made me laugh. My watching mate really didn't like it, her criticism was valid but I really enjoyed though.

Have also just watched Clouds of Sils Maria which I think is exquisite, much better, so that may have affected rating on acting.
                                                                                Juliette Binoche and Kristen Stewart were so good as the leads, I wonder is it easier to actin a film on acting, maybe at least more authentic for them.
                                                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 28-05-15, 15:35.

Comment

fuck this weather anyway - I wants me some SUN
                                                                                  Fuck the Sun. I want less wind. Out on Lough Erne today and felt like this bloke

Comment

I'm out of work for two weeks. Am I entitled to any free money from the government because of the predicament I find myself in?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                      I'm out of work for two weeks. Am I entitled to any free money from the government because of the predicament I find myself in?
                                                                                      Have you left your old job voluntarily? Have you been fired? Did you want to work the two weeks but weren't allowed?

Comment

My wife works beside Bellucci's in Ballsbridge, she's been going there for lunch for years. She went there today with the baby to meet some colleagues and the cunce refused her entry.

Manager told her the baby would 'upset their corporate clientele'. Cunce. Place was empty too.

It does say so on their website, but still, cunce.
                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                          My wife works beside Bellucci's in Ballsbridge, she's been going there for lunch for years. She went there today with the baby to meet some colleagues and the cunce refused her entry.

Manager told her the baby would 'upset their corporate clientele'. Cunce. Place was empty too.

But your kid is a celeb m8. Send them a email telling them that and then enjoy your free lunch.

Comment

Operators hatin on each other m8.

What is the plan for the day m8

Link? Might wade in.

Went back to sleep till a little while ago, tea and toast and washing clothes now. Dunno m8, any suggestions.

Have her poo on the doorstep, Amber that is, not the wife.

Comment

Breakfast for tea

Comment

I'd love to work as an auditor for KPMG. What do they do when auditing a company, set up the ps4 in a meeting room and have a pizza party? I see they audit FIFA's accounts

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                  I'd love to work as an auditor for KPMG. What do they do when auditing a company, set up the ps4 in a meeting room and have a pizza party? I see they audit FIFA's accounts
                                                                                                  They were playing Fifa and Fifa were playing them.
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Driving from Dublin to Roundstone tomorrow at about 12. Anywhere good to stop for some lunch anywhere along the way?

Comment

Overpriced, average grub. They did your missus a solid.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                        Overpriced, average grub. They did your missus a solid.
                                                                                                        Yea but his kid doing a non solid on the doorstep, now that's progress.

Comment

There was a big article about him recently, can't remember if it was online or in one of the papers but it was basically him saying, 'I don't give a shit what people think, kids aren't coming in during lunch times as it may upset the business crowd, end of!'

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                          Driving from Dublin to Roundstone tomorrow at about 12. Anywhere good to stop for some lunch anywhere along the way?
                                                                                                          It's motorway all the way to Galway and then it's only about an hour and a half out to Roundstone. Total drive time of max 3.5 hours.

I'd nearly just wait and have a late lunch in O'Dowds when you get there so you can happily drink to your hearts content while eating and not have to worry bout driving after

Hope you get the weather for it, sunny days in Roundstone > sunny days in most places!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                            It's motorway all the way to Galway and then it's only about an hour and a half out to Roundstone. Total drive time of max 3.5 hours.

I'd nearly just wait and have a late lunch in O'Dowds when you get there so you can happily drink to your hearts content while eating and not have to worry bout driving after

Hope you get the weather for it, sunny days in Roundstone > sunny days in most places!
                                                                                                            Yeah used to spend a lot of time there in the summers when I was younger in Ballyconneely so a few of us have rented a place on Airbnb in Roundstone for the weekend. Weatherwise hopefully get out for a couple of swims and hike a couple of the pins at some stage and we're playing golf on Saturday afternoon so a decent weekend ahead. And sure if it's raining I'm sure we'll fill the days somehow between O'Dowd's/Vaughsn's/King's/Ryan's/whatever is still there.

I think we'll pull into Ballynahinch Castle for a bite in the bar tomorrow on the way. Beautiful spot too.

Comment

May have to pick up msn's slack for a bit till she comes home.

I'm pioneering the 'cup of tea' diet. When I feel hungry, I have a cup of tea. See if that holds me for a bit. (Y)

Comment

10 injections at the dentist today for full mouth anaesthesia. TEN! Couldn't feel most of my face for 5 hours and had a most undignified bowl of soup for lunch.

Comment

Letter came this morning from EBS...
                                                                                                                  Here's your new reduced mortgage rate. Saving us ~40 a month.
                                                                                                                  Oh by the way, would you like to go on to a 1 year fixed rate and save another 45 a month. Fuck yeah we would.
                                                                                                                  The less I have to give them cunts, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                                                    Letter came this morning from EBS...
                                                                                                                    Here's your new reduced mortgage rate. Saving us ~40 a month.
                                                                                                                    Oh by the way, would you like to go on to a 1 year fixed rate and save another 45 a month. Fuck yeah we would.
                                                                                                                    The less I have to give them cunts, the better.
                                                                                                                    they obv believe that the rates are going to reduce even more in the next year....

Comment

10 injections at the dentist today for full mouth anaesthesia. TEN! Couldn't feel most of my face for 5 hours and had a most undignified bowl of soup for lunch.
                                                                                                                      10 ? Jasus, why would you need to have the full mouth frozen ? Very sensitive and the cleaning upsets it ? Getting the wisdom teeth cleaned kinda freaks me out, they vibrate through my whole head.

The ones into the roof of the mouth are the worst, its up there with flicked balls pain.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

No sympathy. Wouldn't be any need for any if you chose a polish dentist. Irish dentists are too triger happy. If that dentist was an optician they would prescribe you glasses.

Comment

Yo Shrap good call with Jodorowsky's Dune watch it today and it was fantastic "Part thoughtful tribute, part bittersweet reminder of a missed opportunity"

Watch this preview for the documentary chronicling the filmmaker's failed attempt to bring the science fiction novel to the big screen.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X