This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
    Going to be a decent sweat over the next 22 days to see who everyone signs. Stoke signing Bojan shows they're capable of bringing in some big names so that's another reason I hesitant to include them. Spurs have been pretty quiet too that's why I'm nervous about them. You definitely have the advantage in that aspect with Southampton, they've money in the bank so could well have a few good additions between now and September.
    Southampton will finish above stoke without any signings imo and as for hull, they will be relegated and bruce sacked mid way during the season

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
    I have a bet with you in the FF main league, can do one in the one shot as well if you want. Think we're in general agreement on the EPL so prob no bets to be had there.
    Booked
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
      Southampton will finish above stoke without any signings imo and as for hull, they will be relegated and bruce sacked mid way during the season
      Happy to take Stoke v Southampton as well.

Comment

Newcastle fell apart last season and still only finished one point behind Stoke, it's a close one but I tend to agree, Pardew factor..
        On the Spurs v Merseyside, I think Everton overperformed last season but Liverpool should be too strong. Definitely wont be a scoop for either of us anyway imo.
        Yeah, I think Liverpool have to be favourites vs Spurs, but it's a high variance one. A lot can go wrong with Liverpool with the Champions League commitments plus Suarez probably being mentioned every two minutes and 'second season syndrome' to a certain degree. Whereas Spurs have a great manager and £100m worth of players that didn't perform last year.

Martinez is a really smart manager so I'm happy to be rooting for him, it'll still be a tough job to finish above Spurs.

Newcastle-Stoke is a close one, I don't particularly rate either manager. Newcastle are the bigger club and have historically finished higher which I guess is why I opted for them. If they get off to a bad start, that could be catastrophic, or Pardew might get sacked which could work out well I guess. On that note, I noticed Pardew is 12/1 to be first manager to leave his post. Two years into an eight year contract, it's still probably too expensive to sack him?

Ah fuck it, hopefully there's a decent sweat anyway. Having a good reason to check results every week should make it good craic.
        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Happy to take Stoke v Southampton as well.
          Cool, will book this too. I know Stoke are big enough favourites to finish ahead of Soton but Soton 8th/9th and Stoke 12th/13th is my guess for my €100 payday.

@chd, what'll ya give me with united so and how much we betting?
          Last edited by mdoug; 08-08-14, 00:18.
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

On a non betting note, this looks like it could be a great laugh!
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Up for work in two hours and still haven't slept a wink even though trying since 9:30, some day I'll work out how to get from nights to 5am starts gives me awful problems
              airport, lol

Comment

15% is cool with me bohsman

Comment

Cool, will book this too. I know Stoke are big enough favourites to finish ahead of Soton but Soton 8th/9th and Stoke 12th/13th is my guess for my €100 payday.

@chd, what'll ya give me with united so and how much we betting?
                  See who they sign.

Probably be sweet fuck all points since you bottled last year and I took evens.

Set the line and I'll correct it.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                    See who they sign.

Probably be sweet fuck all points since you bottled last year and I took evens.

Set the line and I'll correct it.
                    Man United +72, and you didn't snap it up... watch the meh new movie Draft Day with Kevin Costner and you'll see that if you humm and haww then the deal is no longer on the table!

Random enough... went to an auction today and accidentally bought 2 bicycles. Anyone here live out near citywest business campus and fancy throwing a bike(or two if it doesn't work, never actually checked them) in your back yard for a few days?
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Steve Bruce 66/1 on betvictor to be the first managed to leave his position... that price won't last long is all I am saying.
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Steve Bruce 66/1 on betvictor to be the first managed to leave his position... that price won't last long is all I am saying.
                        I'd expect him to do well this season.
                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                          I'd expect him to do well this season.
                          Yeah have been hearing that a lot, can't see it myself and if they mess up on their first 4 games their next 6 are super tough so 66/1 seems huge to me. I might be completely underestimating hull though I guess.
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Yep.

Will be 80/1 in a month.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                              Yep.

Will be 80/1 in a month.
                              Chadley doesn't have an opinion, just speaks in straight facts.
                              airport, lol

Comment

Stay in school and say no to drugs.

Comment

Today is Penultimate Friday.

A glorious day.
                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Hamas firing off rockets again. Smart lads.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Sigh, valar dohaeris.
                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                        Sigh, valar dohaeris.
                                        Did ya finish your dungeons and dragons book?
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Did ya finish your dungeons and dragons book?
                                          Verily I did.
                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                            Verily I did.
                                            Nothing to do now, maybe join one of those groups like in role models
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                              Celtic to be the first team ever to be knocked out of the Champions League qualifying stage twice in the one season? Wonder what the overall aggregate score might be
                                              Confirmed reinstated

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                Advice please, currently weigh 17.5 stones, I eat exactly zero veg, just bad food, takeaways a lot ect, drink probably 25/30 cans of coke per week, do little or no exercise besides walking to and from work (1/2 mile). Likely to die soon I'd imagine.

What's a feasible amount of weight to lose up to Christmas for me, considering I won't be eating any veg at all. I'm looking at making a bet with a pal.
                                                If you aren't willing to sort out your diet then you need to train really hard fairly often. People will say you can't out-train a bad diet, but you can to a certain extent when your starting point is really low.

If you aren't willing to exercise then you need to sort out your diet.

If you start improving your diet a little and adding in a little bit of exercise you will make a little progress for a while but it's going to be slow and steady.

=======================

Mostly though, if you're asking this question you aren't ready. When you're ready you'll just start doing it and the nature of the conversation will be different.
                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Confirmed reinstated
                                                  Polish must be kicking themselves. P45 for someone.

Comment

Stoke are going to win the fucking thing.

Comment

Do you eat vegetable soup WM?

Jackie DeShannon - When You Walk In The Room (Hullabaloo)
                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

8 cans of coke for 2.79 in dunnes.
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Eamonn.

I shall be in the airpot on the 21st Aug at 6:30 am or so getting a flight to Calgary.

Make yourself known.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Nothing to do now, maybe join one of those groups like in role models
                                                            Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                            If you aren't willing to sort out your diet then you need to train really hard fairly often. People will say you can't out-train a bad diet, but you can to a certain extent when your starting point is really low.

If you aren't willing to exercise then you need to sort out your diet.

If you start improving your diet a little and adding in a little bit of exercise you will make a little progress for a while but it's going to be slow and steady.

=======================

Mostly though, if you're asking this question you aren't ready. When you're ready you'll just start doing it and the nature of the conversation will be different.
                                                            But I never said I wouldn't change my diet, I just said I won't be eating veg

Comment

It can be done. Be boring enough at meal times though.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                Eamonn.

I shall be in the airpot on the 21st Aug at 6:30 am or so getting a flight to Calgary.

Make yourself known.
                                                                Will check roster, bring pho. You jumping ship for good or holiday?
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Will check roster, bring pho. You jumping ship for good or holiday?
                                                                  I am ouuuuttttta here.

Canada until Visa Grant and then Melbourne.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                    I am ouuuuttttta here.

Canada until Visa Grant and then Melbourne.
                                                                    Sweet!
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Confirmed reinstated
                                                                      Absolute joke. Same thing happened a few years ago but with a lower profile team, UEFA stated that they "clearly were not trying to take advantage as they only played the player for a couple of minutes at the end of the game when they were already 5-1 ahead"

Clearly UEFA feel that Celtic are a bigger draw than Warsaw and have acted accordingly, such a corrupt organisation.
                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Good read regarding the current Israel / Gaza 'situation'

Hamas' decision to resume rocket-fire on Israel so soon after forming a unity government surprised some observers. Here Dr Jeroen Gunning explains the motives behind Hamas' move.

Also, this an interesting one

Since the start of the Israel-Gaza conflict, there have been a series of deadly incidents for which each side has blamed the other. Here are some of the cases so far.

If it really is a propaganda war, what side are the UN on?
                                                                        Last edited by Emmet; 08-08-14, 10:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                          Absolute joke. Same thing happened a few years ago but with a lower profile team, UEFA stated that they "clearly were not trying to take advantage as they only played the player for a couple of minutes at the end of the game when they were already 5-1 ahead"

Clearly UEFA feel that Celtic are a bigger draw than Warsaw and have acted accordingly, such a corrupt organisation.
                                                                          Not a similar case. Debrecen fielded a player that they hadn't registered. Warsaw fielded a player that was banned.

BTW, Celtic in no way, shape or form deserve to be in that qualifying round.
                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

BTW, what should the penalty be for fielding a banned player?

Comment

Why should Celtic get reinstated? Why not just have 'Bye' in the draw for the next round instead?

Comment

Do you eat soup?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                  Why should Celtic get reinstated? Why not just have 'Bye' in the draw for the next round instead?
                                                                                  because the penalty for fielding a banned player is a 3-0 forfeit, making the game 4-4 on aggregate and Celtic go through on away goals.

Comment

I can't see anything wrong with the decision. They fielded a suspended player. It's clearly stated this is against the rules, very little they can do other than kick them out. It obviously suits them better to have the bigger draw into the next round but it does seem the correct decision based on the rules as outlined before the tournament that all teams have access to.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                      Do you eat soup?
                                                                                      Drink, I drink soup

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                        because the penalty for fielding a banned player is a 3-0 forfeit, making the game 4-4 on aggregate and Celtic go through on away goals.
                                                                                        Is a 3-0 forfeit a standard punishment or just used in this case?

Comment

Not a similar case. Debrecen fielded a player that they hadn't registered. Warsaw fielded a player that was banned.

BTW, Celtic in no way, shape or form deserve to be in that qualifying round.
                                                                                          It's the same thing in anybody's language. As it turns out it was simply because they didn't register him for the games against St. Pats, because he was ineligible they didn't bring him, but because they didn't register him it didn't count towards his suspension.

Common sense should win out, and Celtic should be mortified that they even appealed that result.
                                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

It's the same thing in anybody's language. As it turns out it was simply because they didn't register him for the games against St. Pats, because he was ineligible they didn't bring him, but because they didn't register him it didn't count towards his suspension.

Common sense should win out, and Celtic should be mortified that they even appealed that result.
                                                                                            Celtic claim they didn't appeal

Comment

Which is mad considering the first game could have been any score rendering the 3-0 forfeit academic.

I feel quite embarrassed by the whole thing to be honest. Celtic should have to self restrict from European football for 3 years after that farce.

Comment

Drink, I drink soup
                                                                                                Veg?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                  Is a 3-0 forfeit a standard punishment or just used in this case?
                                                                                                  Standard as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                    Veg?
                                                                                                    No, chicken or oxtail, that's it

Comment

Advice please, currently weigh 17.5 stones, I eat exactly zero veg, just bad food, takeaways a lot ect, drink probably 25/30 cans of coke per week, do little or no exercise besides walking to and from work (1/2 mile). Likely to die soon I'd imagine.

What's a feasible amount of weight to lose up to Christmas for me, considering I won't be eating any veg at all. I'm looking at making a bet with a pal.
                                                                                                      Couple of very simple things I could point out that would help you a lot, give you a platform to start from, that you could do fairly easily but...

Drink, I drink soup
                                                                                                      Stop being a childish fuckwit or

Likely to die soon.
                                                                                                      is about all you get for now!

Comment

On a non betting note, this looks like it could be a great laugh!
                                                                                                        http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin/escap3d-ie/43117391
                                                                                                        Just bought this there - defo looks like good craic!

Comment

Might pop down to Pho Saigon for lunch and get this.

Comment

Maribor vs Celtic
                                                                                                            Red Bull Salzburg vs Malmo
                                                                                                            Aalborg vs APOEL
                                                                                                            Steaua Bucharest vs Ludogorets
                                                                                                            Slovan Bratislava vs BATE Borisov
                                                                                                            Besiktas vs Arsenal
                                                                                                            Standard Liege vs Zenit
                                                                                                            FC Copenhagen vs Bayer Leverkusen
                                                                                                            Lille vs Porto
                                                                                                            Napoli vs Athletic Bilbao

Couple of big ties in the non-champions route, shame we lose Napoli or Bilbao.

Comment

@eamonhonda , I will be in the airport tonight at about 10 to collect the folks. ....I'll go up a bit earlier to see if I can find you.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                                                @eamonhonda , I will be in the airport tonight at about 10 to collect the folks. ....I'll go up a bit earlier to see if I can find you.
                                                                                                                I'm here till 4 by all means pop up. Ask can you do the 747 for a day and bring me home
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

The new AIB tablet app is scary.

You can filter a timeframe, say jan to march this year and it will give you a pie chart on what you used your debit card on.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

I'm here till 4 by all means pop up. Ask can you do the 747 for a day and bring me home
                                                                                                                    Has anyone from IPB met you at the airport yet? You seem to get asked a lot and are never, ever there...

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                      Has anyone from IPB met you at the airport yet? You seem to get asked a lot and are never, ever there...
                                                                                                                      Don't think so, I work less than half the day's of the year with 12 hour shifts and decent holidays. Also I'm in live operation so often cannot just leave on request.

Or I'm full of Shite, satnav has seen some semi proof
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Link me a good 30 for 30 show there EH

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                          Link me a good 30 for 30 show there EH
                                                                                                                          The best that never was - is first that springs to mind. You wont go wrong with most though.

Two escobars
                                                                                                                          Reggie miller vs nicks

They are all so great you're a very lucky man

Wikipedia for episode number, YouTube or usual places
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X