This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    Were the betting lines for the UK elections miles off?
    They were reasonable when compared to the polls...
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

How are we betting tonight for Bet365's €50 In Play offer? Already have my qualifying bet on, over 1.5 goals at 2/11 - was thinking tonight could be fairly open and free-scoring, so going for over 4.5 goals (currently 10/3, obviously less in play) within a few minutes of kick off. Though open to any and all suggestions!

Comment

Were the betting lines for the UK elections miles off?
        Yep. Betfair line on conservative majority, IFRC was floating in the 10 -14 range in the days before and was still available at 6 at 1AM

I still don't have any sense of how the opinion polls could all be so far wrong given what was a fairly lethargic final week of the campaign
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

TR from youe South African trip please, did you make it to Gwandono Land in PE ?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
            They were reasonable when compared to the polls...
            Yeah just seeing a lot of panic about the ME referendum after it and see the betting line is still over/under 60% Yes. Seems unlikely to be far off that either way really. Think 1/10 about the Yes is buying money despite the paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              TR from youe South African trip please, did you make it to Gwandono Land in PE ?
              I'll make a start at one soon, it will feature several hundred pictures of food if that's ok with everyone

The TL;DR will be lol@anyone-not-going-to-South-Africa

Comment

I'll make a start at one soon, it will feature several hundred pictures of food if that's ok with everyone

Throw up that FB pic of you in the Leprechaun suit too from earlier

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                  How are we betting tonight for Bet365's €50 In Play offer? Already have my qualifying bet on, over 1.5 goals at 2/11 - was thinking tonight could be fairly open and free-scoring, so going for over 4.5 goals (currently 10/3, obviously less in play) within a few minutes of kick off. Though open to any and all suggestions!
                  Under 6.5 (1.02) and Over 2.5 (2.50).

Based on the holiday pictures on your FB it appears you are going out with a girl from my parish.
                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                    Based on the holiday pictures on your FB it appears you are going out with a girl from my parish.
                    Is she a lovely girl?

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                      Under 6.5 (1.02) and Over 2.5 (2.50).

She is a fellow Tippite alright.

Comment

The Jack Grealish situation reminds me of James McClean.

I was at his debut for Ireland. Crowd went wild when a sub was being made, turns out it was Paul Green who came on. Cringe. Eventually made a cameo and when he touched the ball it was the biggest cheers of the night. He was hailed as the next big thing and was ripping up the PL for a few months.

He is now part of a Wigan team who are a League 1 side. He flew into New York this week linked with a move to the MLS.

When is the last time someone new came onto the scene and actually made it to the levels predicted of them? Scots haven't got one. England have young Arsenal crocks and Andros Townsend proving to be unreliable. They will now move onto pinning everything on Kane, Sterling, Shaw and Barkley. Ireland have McCarthy. Wales have Ramsey. The best of the lot is Gareth Bale and he was a crap left back for a few years.

Grealish grew up in an Irish household, played GAA, played in Croker and represented Ireland since he was 15 and now wants to take a break to make up his mind. He can fuck off to Wembley imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                          Not a joke it does the same as the Acetone. If you have any strong alcohol in the house it should do the same trick.
                          lol at Hitch using a strong alcohol on anything or than drinking it

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Throw up that FB pic of you in the Leprechaun suit too from earlier
                            Era most people are probably friends with on FB already but I suppose we shouldn't deny a good lol to the rest!

My mother decided to put this picture of me from my communion on Facebook while pissed last night FML

SPOILER
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              Have people received their polling cards yet? No sign of mine so far from my new constituency under DCC.
                              Came in the post today.

Comment

Era most people are probably friends with on FB already but I suppose we shouldn't deny a good lol to the rest!

My mother decided to put this picture of me from my communion on Facebook while pissed last night FML

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  Have people received their polling cards yet? No sign of mine so far from my new constituency under DCC.
                                  Also did the change of address form and living in Dublin and nothing as of yet.
                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

I was at his debut for Ireland. Crowd went wild when a sub was being made, turns out it was Paul Green who came on. Cringe. Eventually made a cameo and when he touched the ball it was the biggest cheers of the night. He was hailed as the next big thing and was ripping up the PL for a few months.

He is now part of a Wigan team who are a League 1 side. He flew into New York this week linked with a move to the MLS.

When is the last time someone new came onto the scene and actually made it to the levels predicted of them? Scots haven't got one. England have young Arsenal crocks and Andros Townsend proving to be unreliable. They will now move onto pinning everything on Kane, Sterling, Shaw and Barkley. Ireland have McCarthy. Wales have Ramsey. The best of the lot is Gareth Bale and he was a crap left back for a few years.

Grealish grew up in an Irish household, played GAA, played in Croker and represented Ireland since he was 15 and now wants to take a break to make up his mind. He can fuck off to Wembley imo.
                                    I remember James McClean's debut, against Czech Republic I think? He came off the bench in the ~75th minute and there was literally a standing ovation for him.

We haven't had a world class player since Damien Duff and even the upper-Premier League quality players like Keane and Given of yesteryear are becoming few and far between. The whole system in Ireland makes it impossible to produce world class players, there are simply far too many things going against a young Irish lad that wants to be a professional footballer.
                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                      Hola Unblocker is good but they keep adding new features in some misguided attempt to monetise it. I leave it disabled then turn it on when I specifically want it. It used to be great when it just automagically figured out you were gonna get geoblocked and did its thing.
                                      Has to be something that works on my boss' iPad. Hola is only a chrom extension iirc?

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      Unblock-us

Unbeatable, just works everytime
                                      As above. Can I use this with an iPad to get Irish content from abroad?

Comment

Probably my favourite CHD football post ever.

Also re McClean, I got slated over on boards a few years ago for how much I didn't rate him when he was all the rage, never had anywhere near the ability to make it at a decent level.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                          I remember James McClean's debut, against Czech Republic I think? He came off the bench in the ~75th minute and there was literally a standing ovation for him.

We haven't had a world class player since Damien Duff and even the upper-Premier League quality players like Keane and Given of yesteryear are becoming few and far between. The whole system in Ireland makes it impossible to produce world class players, there are simply far too many things going against a young Irish lad that wants to be a professional footballer.
                                          Keane is one of the best International strikers ever not just a top PL player.

If the FAI upped their game it wouldn't be so bad. John Delaney makes more in a year than LOI Champions. Says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                            Probably my favourite CHD football post ever.

Also re McClean, I got slated over on boards a few years ago for how much I didn't rate him when he was all the rage, never had anywhere near the ability to make it at a decent level.
                                            I like that he wanted to play for Ireland and gives 110%. All you can ask for as a fan, we don't pick the teams but he was never a top player or even close to it. Just like Jack Grealish. That can change but fuck all this hype and drama.

Give me players like Kilbane who turned up to England training sessions in an Irish jersey and turned down England and waited for Ireland. A committed solid pro will always be better than a flash in the pan kid who will end up muck.

Comment

If the FAI upped their game it wouldn't be so bad. John Delaney makes more in a year than LOI Champions. Says it all.
                                              Am heading to the pub now, what's your bet for the night so I can have a sweat?

Also the special round in the quiz is oddly on the champions league. Truly no idea how there will be 10 questions about it but my team know NO sports, so I am truly fucked since I have the memory of a goldfish...
                                              I did a quiz there, name the 9 English teams to have played in the Champions League. Got 8/9 with everton being my only wrong guess. Quite happy.
                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

mornin
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Grealish will probably be the new McClean.

McClean was the new Andy Reid.

Who was the new Clinton Morrison

Who was the new Richie Partridge.

Who was the new Mark Kelly (although he was a bit unlucky tbf)

The grass is always greener when it comes to Irish fans.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                    Am heading to the pub now, what's your bet for the night so I can have a sweat?

Also the special round in the quiz is oddly on the champions league. Truly no idea how there will be 10 questions about it but my team know NO sports, so I am truly fucked since I have the memory of a goldfish...
                                                    I did a quiz there, name the 9 English teams to have played in the Champions League. Got 8/9 with everton being my only wrong guess. Quite happy.
                                                    Bayern/Barca seems to be a coinflip draw no bet with bookies so I will take Bayern and give Lottie Barca.

I run terrible at coinflips v Lottie so back Barca.

Comment

For most of Keane's career, I would've put him in the 'good enough to start for an upper-mid table Premier League team' category. But now, we're even struggling to produce many players that good.

Yeah agree about the FAI. There's still a lot of obstacles aside from the FAI, but if they improved a bit it'd be a big help. The money Delaney is on is absolutely insane. Like, money is so scarce in Irish soccer yet the CEO is on €430,000 a year...it really boggles the mind.
                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                        Grealish will probably be the new McClean.

McClean was the new Andy Reid.

Who was the new Clinton Morrison

Who was the new Richie Partridge.

Who was the new Mark Kelly (although he was a bit unlucky tbf)

The grass is always greener when it comes to Irish fans.
                                                        I remember thinking when City got money than Dunne and Ireland were going to turn into the Irish version of Terry and Lampard
                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          Have two more house things, if you don't mind:

1. Is there somewhere you can get boxes for holding large tvs? Has to be in a box to go on the pallet.

2. All the cleaning liquids bought yesterday are no use against the daughters dastardly use of biro on fake leather chairs. Pic below. Any ideas greatly appreciated!

SPOILER
                                                          The sponge erasers are good or I used flash with bleach and a scouring pad.

Hope you got them out.

Comment

Somebody sent me ÂŁ200 on paypal by accident, no idea who they are. They spelled the payee's email wrong :S

Comment

I watched Aston Villa's last 2 matches and on Saturday there were groans from the home fans as Grealish consistently slowed the game by sticking his head down and arsing around with the ball, going nowhere in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                Somebody sent me ÂŁ200 on paypal by accident, no idea who they are. They spelled the payee's email wrong :S
                                                                If you feel bad you can reject the payment. Not sure if this is the issue ¬_¬
                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

they can retrieve it?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                    Has to be something that works on my boss' iPad. Hola is only a chrom extension iirc?

I doubt it. Walled garden, innit m8?
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                                      they can retrieve it?
                                                                      Only if you havent removed the funds.
                                                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

H
                                                                        Yea you can set the dns server you want to use on the ipad but the simplest and best way to use is to configure the dns on your router.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

There is a lot of that about, 'hand cooked crisps' in supermarkets (the fuck). The apples that went into my cloudy apple juice yesterday were 'hand picked'. Like I give a fuck. My exact thoughts were 'I'd rather a machine had done it'.

Marketing bollox stressss me. Need to get rid of the tv for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                              Never noticed this before until this afternoon. It's quite the niche market that O'Briens are targeting with their main advertising slogan.

... cutting sandwiches by hand, the best type of sandwich cutting.
                                                                              Handcut ? They should really be more careful

Comment

Anyone have a recommendation for a DNS/VPN solution to view skygo, rte and other geo-blocked sites? Paying a few quid is no problem either.
                                                                                Smart DNS will work with Apple devices - it's $4.95 per month.

Its pretty good, you can can tell it what country you want to browse different sites from.

Comment

I declare today BBV You Know What Really Grinds My Gears Day or PSV Day for short.

Comment

Good old Germans not getting sarcam.

If it wasn't for variance i'd lose em all.

http://twitter.com/#!/NiallSmythers

Comment

Originally posted by unremoved View Post
                                                                                      Smart DNS will work with Apple devices - it's $4.95 per month.

Its pretty good, you can can tell it what country you want to browse different sites from.
                                                                                      This is what I use.

Comment

I declare today BBV You Know What Really Grinds My Gears Day or PSV Day for short.

Are you counting your monies m8s?

Comment

Sky Sports publishing articles about McGregor when it's other contenders in his weight class fighting this weekend. They are now on the McGregor hypetrain even though their biggest competitor has the rights to his fights.

My prediction of Sky buying the rights and turning it into a WWE style format of most shows inc. in your subscription and the big cards on PPV is going to come true. Ugh.

Comment

Does the qualify at 1/66 count for the free bet?

Comment

Bargain
                                                                                              jd sports, clothing, dresses, tops, jackets, jumpers, blouses, shirts
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                  Home shirt is nicer m8

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                  We should start a supporters club

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                    Does the qualify at 1/66 count for the free bet?
                                                                                                    Well you can back it at 1:05 on the exchanges.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

We should start a supporters club

SPOILER
                                                                                                      Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      That's MrsF's local team at home in Paisley. Her parents still live a stone's throw from the ground. Might get one and show my support

Comment

365 bet
                                                                                                        Would be slightly better off backing Barca +0.5 goals at 1.525. That would give you €26.25 :P.

Paddy Power free bet
                                                                                                        The Bet365/Daily Bet thread is getting a bit clogged with people asking questions on this.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Sirtoyou; 12-05-15, 18:19.

Comment

Bayern to go through @11/1, worth a cheeky tenner.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            That's MrsF's local team at home in Paisley. Her parents still live a stone's throw from the ground. Might get one and show my support
                                                                                                            I only got it for astro and training. Can't go wrong for 8 quid. Turns out a few other lads availed of the offer so a trip to wherever St Mirren/Paisley is may be in order.

Comment

roll up for some alphabet sheep, shepherded by an Alpha shepherd who will round his flock in no time (not like that pointless one with his pointless flock )

Alphabet BAAAA

Comment

I only got it for astro and training. Can't go wrong for 8 quid. Turns out a few other lads availed of the offer so a trip to wherever St Mirren/Paisley is may be in order.
                                                                                                                You don't know where Paisley is? It is about 8 miles outside Glasgow

Glasgow airport is actually in Paisley though.

Comment

Sky Sports publishing articles about McGregor when it's other contenders in his weight class fighting this weekend. They are now on the McGregor hypetrain even though their biggest competitor has the rights to his fights.

My prediction of Sky buying the rights and turning it into a WWE style format of most shows inc. in your subscription and the big cards on PPV is going to come true. Ugh.
                                                                                                                  Nah PPV's won't happen. Outside of massive PPV's like Mayweather/Pacquiao etc the PPV business is dead in the UK/Ireland (I assume they made this a PPV in the UK/Ire?) and will be dead in the US in less than 10 years.
                                                                                                                  The UFC/Dana White have talked about there being no more PPV's in the future.

Comment

Good to see #grexit talk bringing back Raoul Doom III, I can't be the only one he nearly tipped over the edge around the time of the banking crisis. Actually went out to the ATM at 4AM one morn as a combination of his posts and propertypin doom had me convinced the atms would be firing blanks in the morning.

Comment

Surely yes by less than 5% is lumpage territory at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                        You don't know where Paisley is? It is about 8 miles outside Glasgow

Glasgow airport is actually in Paisley though.
                                                                                                                        Yeah just Googled it. That's handy. Did they get relegated or survive?

Comment

THERE has been a large increase in the number of people said to be 'milking' the marriage equality Yes campaign in a bid to boost their own social standing, a new survey has found today. A …

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X