This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
    Well I'm going to defend Damien Dempsey, even though he's new to me. I like his music, I think he's genuine, and I think his song writing is raw but has a heart and decency to it that a hundred perfectly crafted The Script songs and Kodaline outputs would never offer (as examples of other Dublin musicians I listen to atm).
    I don't like him, though I wouldn't doubt his genuineness at all.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

GOT

Holy. Fucking. Shit.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
          4 days normal collection, 2 days recycling. Lazy bastards take Sunday off.
          Originally posted by Iago View Post
          In theory yes, but the sheer volume of stray cats would see the bins shredded and crap all over the road in double quick time if you did that (some people still do obviously)

Daily free bin collections are a fantastic idea though
          Industrial sized wheelie bins placed all around this area are picked up every night. Everything except glass goes into it, glass is collected weekly from one of those big bins that they have in Ireland.
          Great that rubbish is not kept for longer than you need to in the house, especially with the temps here but I got used to recycling paper/metal/compost and its a great shame that they don't do that here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            GOT

Holy. Fucking. Shit.
            Episode 5 ? Didnt think it was anything special myself. What did i miss ?

On the Damian Dempsey thing, i really enjoy his voice and music, never seen him live though. That rawness, singing about the downtrodden, the working man, the people that get left behind, a very typical concept in songwriting.
            Last edited by oleras; 11-05-15, 22:33.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
              got myself roped into playing a regular 7-a-side game by bohsman. It was only on the way to the first game that he informed me that they run for 2 to 2.5 hours normally.

It was 28 degrees on Friday when we kicked off, 2 hours of running sauntering around in that does wonders for weight loss....

...at least until you get to the cheap pizza and beers later on anyway
              2.5 hours tonight, although I played in net for the last 15-20 minutes so not quite as impressive.

Weight difference of 1.1kg before and after the game despite drinking nearly a litre of water throughout! Now if I can keep playing twice a week and cut out food altogether imagine the progress I would make

Helps that I start with the same weight as a baby elephant I suppose
              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

5.9 million lotto won in the Midlands and no sign of sat nav on here .

Now that would be a fly on the wall doc worth watching if a camera crew were to follow sat nav around as she worked her way through 5.9 mill.

Comment

How have i missed this. In stitches FENTONNNNN

Fenton the Labrador, not Benton, chasing red deer in Richmond Park, London.Buy Fenton merchandise now at the official Fenton webstore: http://fenton.firebran...

Comment

Comment

Postmodernism me arse!

“All About That Bass” by Meghan TrainorListen to Meghan Trainor: https://MeghanTrainor.lnk.to/listenYDWatch more Meghan Trainor videos: https://MeghanTrainor...
                      Last edited by Guest; 11-05-15, 23:38.

Comment

NFL punishments are very very strange. Beat the shit out of your missus 2 games suspension. Miggt have deflated footballs with little evidence to back it up 4 games massive fine and draft picks taken away. Hilarious

Comment

Was watching the Final Table of the iPOPS Main Event, and must be pretty sick when a guy 5bet shoves 77 into you holding KK and gets there to literally steal €22k from your hand!

Suicidal ICM shove from the 77 too with the shorty all-in for 1bb, and the payouts are €55k, €33k, €22k

Comment

still no deals on ipoker

Comment

iPoker never cared about poker players.

iPoker Must Die.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                iPoker never cared about poker players.

iPoker Must Die.
                                £21 tomorrow m8
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

What episode is GOT up to?

I watched the first four. Is 5 out yet?
                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                    What episode is GOT up to?

I watched the first four. Is 5 out yet?
                                    5 was last night, class episode too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                      £21 tomorrow m8
                                      What's the bet tomorrow night lads so I can have a sweat in the pub. Decide by 5pm pls as I'll be pub bound around then.
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

losers choosers
                                        that's the rulesers

night m8s
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Rewatched all of the wire last week, and this week am rewatching all of game of thrones.
                                          GOT > The Wire on rewatching imho. Didn't like the wire as much second time round but GOT stayed strong
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

As of yesterday, I'm up to the end of GOT season 4 in the books.
                                            I also have S5E1-5 on the box ready to go.
                                            I have to decide now whether to hold off on S5 and read ahead or just say fk it and watch S5.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                              I have to decide now whether to hold off on S5 and read ahead or just say fk it and watch S5.
                                              It's starting to deviate more and more from the books. At this stage it would be easier to consider them separate entities (plus its a hell of a read to go through books 4 and 5).
                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                It's starting to deviate more and more from the books. At this stage it would be easier to consider them separate entities (plus its a hell of a read to go through books 4 and 5).
                                                Yeah, i figure books 4 and 5 will be two months reading at least.
                                                I've noticed it deviated a bit towards the end of S4/Book3p2

Dunno, dunno, dunno

Comment

Yeah, i figure books 4 and 5 will be two months reading at least.
                                                  I've noticed it deviated a bit towards the end of S4/Book3p2

Dunno, dunno, dunno
                                                  I guess the real 'problem' will be next year when the tv series out paces the books. Which do you consider canon then?

Most of the tv changes seem to be designed around minimising the number of new characters they need to introduce (which makes sense for tv).
                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Anyone been to see The Field at the Gaiety? How long is it?

Comment

I say watch S5, then read the books. I think you will appreciate books 4 and 5 more when you can see the depth involved.
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

It's a sad day. After 14 months with my current company, they have decided to ban IPB. Notice will be typed shortly.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                              About 300 metres.

Comment

And the award for the most canned sounding canned response goes to " I understand where you are coming from. Be assured that I am here to make things work out for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                  hmm (nothing of particular interest at the link)

The 'hmm' is about the extent of cash takings. Its a weekend's worth of takings, but still seems way excessive?
                                                                  Not at all for a busy Dublin pub.

Comment

Thinking of gambling my life and going to Egypt. Anyone been to the sharm el sheikh area? Assume its quiet easy to book a day trip to the pyramid's etc

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                      Me, wouldn't be particularly great imo.
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                        I might have to give this years Big Brother a sneaky watch, some girl from Dublin and a lot of fine looking women and a set of twins this year.
                                                                        This is on TV3 starting from 10pm tonight, for those who've missed it since it moved to C5 in England.
                                                                        Good to see TV3 finally upping their game.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          Me, wouldn't be particularly great imo.
                                                                          Got free tickets so the price is right

Comment

Clarity, people. Clarity. Gallantman writes: I went into a shop yesterday. City Centre Dublin. Almost six o’clock. I know the owner reasonably well. I know him to be a friendly, warm and intelligen…

I was talking to my Mother recently and she wasn't sure if she was going to vote yes or no and expressed fairly similar concerns as this. The idea that it's just backward nutjob catholic bigots and homophobes that are voting is no is far from the truth.

What are you spending your winnings on Raoul?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                              Thinking of gambling my life and going to Egypt. Anyone been to the sharm el sheikh area? Assume its quiet easy to book a day trip to the pyramid's etc
                                                                              Not been to any Red Sea resorts but you would need to fly to Cairo from there.
                                                                              If you are going to try and take in the pyramids IMO you should do a trip to Valley of the kings and take a nile cruise up to Cairo .
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                This is on TV3 starting from 10pm tonight, for those who've missed it since it moved to C5 in England.
                                                                                Good to see TV3 finally upping their game.
                                                                                The irish Birds Facebook is available for all to creep .....

Comment

Has Jack Grealish declared for Ireland or is MON just going to take a punt by naming him in the squad?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                    Has Jack Grealish declared for Ireland or is MON just going to take a punt by naming him in the squad?
                                                                                    Talk that he is happy to be in the squad but only for the friendly which would still leave his options open.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                      What are you spending your winnings on Raoul?
                                                                                      Doubling up on the overs for FG seats. More free money @ 47.5.

Might double down on the SF unders too.

And treble up on FF unders.

The only one I ain't betting is Labour.
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Enjoying Engerlands KP fiasco . Whose missus did he shag ?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                          Not at all for a busy Dublin pub.
                                                                                          €50 of that was mine

Comment

Have people received their polling cards yet? No sign of mine so far from my new constituency under DCC.

Comment

...

Comment

Have two more house things, if you don't mind:

1. Is there somewhere you can get boxes for holding large tvs? Has to be in a box to go on the pallet.

2. All the cleaning liquids bought yesterday are no use against the daughters dastardly use of biro on fake leather chairs. Pic below. Any ideas greatly appreciated!

SPOILER
                                                                                                Try spraying lynx or something like that on the chair and should shift it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                  Doubling up on the overs for FG seats. More free money @ 47.5.

Might double down on the SF unders too.

And treble up on FF unders.

The only one I ain't betting is Labour.
                                                                                                  Under 34.5 @4/5 for SF is an absolute lump job imo.

Comment

@Hitch. Acetone (nail polish remover) worked for me with the exact same problem.

Comment

"Peasant food"...45 quid in the hole already, excluding vino. I could have gotten a full fillet for that.
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                            It's a sad day. After 14 months with my current company, they have decided to ban IPB. Notice will be typed shortly.
                                                                                                            I threw together a little proxy website to get around this Orwellian injustice. Quirky but working for the most part. Using it now. PM for details.
                                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Jack Grealish has turned down the opportunity to be called into the Republic of Ireland squad for the games against England and Scotland.
                                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Anyone have a recommendation for a DNS/VPN solution to view skygo, rte and other geo-blocked sites? Paying a few quid is no problem either.

Comment

I don't even know this is a joke

Did see Lynx on special offer yesterday for €6 a can in Spar. Either Spar's idea of a special offer is a bit off, or there's been a spectacular inflation in the perceived value of Lynx.

Cool cool. Much obliged.
                                                                                                                  Not a joke it does the same as the Acetone. If you have any strong alcohol in the house it should do the same trick.

Comment

Were the betting lines for the UK elections miles off?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                      Anyone have a recommendation for a DNS/VPN solution to view skygo, rte and other geo-blocked sites? Paying a few quid is no problem either.
                                                                                                                      Hola Unblocker is good but they keep adding new features in some misguided attempt to monetise it. I leave it disabled then turn it on when I specifically want it. It used to be great when it just automagically figured out you were gonna get geoblocked and did its thing.
                                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                        Unblock-us

Unbeatable, just works everytime
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The actor, who previously claimed that he was a reformed criminal, was arrested with another man by gardai at the pub after they were pinned down by the staff.

Clinch starred as Noely in Love/Hate. His character was infamously involved in a savage jail assault in which a pool cue was used to attack Fran in the final episode.
                                                                                                                          Fuck me, turns out he really did turn his life around 360 degrees.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X