Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's capitalism for you. What are the overheads on a venture like this I wonder. How high quality are the tickets? How do they draw the letters, is it a proper bingo style drum or just bits of paper in a bowl?
    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Some classic Irish election stuff from Carlow on RTE Radio at the moment, lads screaming abuse at each other and a wet brain ex shinner campaigning for a return to the days of the Gallant heros of the struggle
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Christiano Ronaldo just donated 5m go the Nepal quake victims . Haters will sneer but fair dues to him .

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
          Christiano Ronaldo just donated 5m go the Nepal quake victims . Haters will sneer but fair dues to him .
          The cynic in me says tax benefits will make anyone generous.
          The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
            If it brewed in Wicklow, why is it labelled India Pale Ale?
            That's a style of beer.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Humans of New York, I just don't get it...

Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post

People whose weekend might mean more than 48hours of rolling sport are interested in short stories about humans

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                  People whose weekend might mean more than 48hours of rolling sport are interested in short stories about humans
                  still don't get it
                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Which might be fine if they were even remotely interesting.

"My life is hard, I work hard"

7,987,253 people like this.

Comment

You're ruining my buzz for the Ulster-Munster game. I hope I get it back in time for Palace-Utd and the golf later on.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                        Which might be fine if they were even remotely interesting.

"My life is hard, I work hard"

7,987,253 people like this.
                        still don't get it
                        The human race are a bunch of fucking monotonous dullards!?

Comment

Fuck New York.
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                            Fuck New York.
                            Kermit mostly agree's with you

Kermit the Frog sings "New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down" in New York City.Directed by Simon Owens. http://www.simonowens.com/Better quality: ...

SPOILER
                            Voice went a bit high when yer man shoved his hand up his...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              we use jml for cleaning walls.. just dont scrub them too hard or the paint might come off..
                              http://www.woodiesdiy.com/product/jm...ver/25694/3.19

Best I can recommend is a poster Shawshank style for the chair damaged area.
                              Bit of chalk to go with the cleaning product on areas where it's not too bad.

Comment

Tell me this isn't awful recruitment procedure.

Missed a call on Wed morning requesting a f2f interview.

Also received a mail to the same tune. Email conversation went along this line:

Eve - Our interviewers are available on Tuesday or Wenesday for a a f2f

Me- Any time on Tuesday suits

Eve- Your interview is scheduled for 3pm Tuesday, can you make that

me- yes that time slot suits

Eve- Thank you, once I get the interviewers confirmation I'll send you on full details about it

Two days pass without any word so I mail them back yesterday asking has it been confirmed to which she replied she's still awaiting confirmation.

Why would they state availability of the interviewers in first mail if their availability wasn't at all certain? Fairly reputable company too.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                  Whats so different from a GAA style lottery using 26 numbers ? I suppose it all depends where the profits are going at the end of the day, are you supporting a local worthy cause or lining someones pockets.
                                  Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  Usually these local lottos have more than 20 people playing per week, and although the odds are worse of winning, the prize pool is bigger and the cause is better than just going to a bar.
                                  That's capitalism for you. What are the overheads on a venture like this I wonder. How high quality are the tickets? How do they draw the letters, is it a proper bingo style drum or just bits of paper in a bowl?
                                  No cause for this one, if there was they would announce it.
                                  My mate is far from greedy, if anything he is generous to a fault. I am sure he doesn't have a clue about the odds of the draw, he probably thinks it will be won every few weeks and he ponies up the 50 euro minimum to get it started and thinks he will have to do this every few weeks. I will ask him about it, I am sure if he understood that the odds were 2600 -1 he wouldn't run it or change it maybe. Maybe if it hits 300 or something they can draw letters until someone wins it, bingo style.
                                  They do a normal draw on the night for bottles of booze, 1 euro a ticket, probably the same amount of tickets sold and he gives away a bottle of vodka, gin, bacardi and 5 bottles of wine. He also doesn't charge to enter the quiz and gives away the same prizes.
                                  For the letter draw they have scrabble letters in a pouch and get random customers to pull a letter from it.

Comment

Irish times magazine hot or not section always good for a sneer
                                    Hot today: #talkpay -people tweeting their salaries to help put a stop to pay inequality

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                      My mate is far from greedy, if anything he is generous to a fault. I am sure he doesn't have a clue about the odds of the draw, he probably thinks it will be won every few weeks and he ponies up the 50 euro minimum to get it started and thinks he will have to do this every few weeks. I will ask him about it, I am sure if he understood that the odds were 2600 -1 he wouldn't run it or change it maybe. Maybe if it hits 300 or something they can draw letters until someone wins it, bingo style.
                                      They do a normal draw on the night for bottles of booze, 1 euro a ticket, probably the same amount of tickets sold and he gives away a bottle of vodka, gin, bacardi and 5 bottles of wine. He also doesn't charge to enter the quiz and gives away the same prizes.
                                      For the letter draw they have scrabble letters in a pouch and get random customers to pull a letter from it.
                                      I assume only one of each letter is used. Otherwise I think I can see where there might be an edge to be had
                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

You are putting the time down hard in fairness....
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

I assume only one of each letter is used. Otherwise I think I can see where there might be an edge to be had
                                          Nah, definitely one of each letter, it's all done in the open. All the letters are laid out beforehand, placed in the pouch, letters drawn and then the pouch is tipped out for everyone to see.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                            You are putting the time down hard in fairness....
                                            I can confirm this is not a reverso

Comment

I can confirm this is not a reverso
                                              I was nearly washed away yesterday with the rain. What kind of temps you getting ?
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                The cynic in me says tax benefits will make anyone generous.
                                                Maybe, yes, if the net cost to Ronaldo is half of that or less even, the full 5m is still going to the fund, or am I mistaken?

Comment

Pep to Man City according to reports.

Comment

Magic by Derrick Rose last night. I was on the Bulls -2 to make the deal even sweeter.

With less than five seconds in regulation, Derrick Rose nails the desperation triple off the glass to win game 3 over the Cavaliers.About the NBA: The NBA is...
                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                      Assuming they don't win the CL this year, his haul in 2 seasons at Bayern will be: 2 x leagues, 1 x Cup, 1 x Club World Cup, 1 x UEFA Super Cup. Will no Champions League title mean his time at Bayern goes down as a failure?
                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

In town for pints later if you're not in the Aquarium all night cleaning up

Comment

Hopefully.

Comment

Nice !

This too shall pass.

Comment

Chad, find some sort of 50 50ish bet and we can go double or quits. £6 or quits.

Comment

Chad, find some sort of 50 50ish bet and we can go double or quits. £6 or quits.
                                                                Your Liverpool and draw -v- my Chelsea tomorrow?

Comment

Did Luke Shaw have a panic attack or something? No way that knock could have forced him off?

Comment

Another guitar wanker hater .

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                      Did Luke Shaw have a panic attack or something? No way that knock could have forced him off?
                                                                      I'm working. Cliffs please?

Comment

There has been a lot of loose talk and conjecture lately surrounding the upcoming referendum. I feel it's only right that, I, as a pillar of the community shed some light on an issue which has really been lost during the debate.

Whether you intend to vote YES or NO please remember that it's of the utmost importance never to touch anybody's willy, including your own, after eating a spice bag.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                          Your Liverpool and draw -v- my Chelsea tomorrow?
                                                                          Sounds good. Love a bit of Liverpool F.C

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                            Dunno, looked weird. Took slight arm in the face, moments later he is down; looks like he told the physio he feels sick.

Henry is painfully bad. Also Jamie Rednapp for someone who was good looking man looks more like Harry every day.

Comment

Maybe concussion . Cliffs => elbow accidentally clocked him , his glass jaw gave way

Comment

Comment

Those are some pretty class cliffs tbf
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

confirmed class cliffs, not world class though

Comment

Do you want Moher?

Comment

Assuming they don't win the CL this year, his haul in 2 seasons at Bayern will be: 2 x leagues, 1 x Cup, 1 x Club World Cup, 1 x UEFA Super Cup. Will no Champions League title mean his time at Bayern goes down as a failure?
                                                                                        Yup

Comment

Cliffs: Daley Blind with the most hilarious impression of a wall ever
                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

That's some good cliff porn chd

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                              Yup
                                                                                              Bit to mad to think how you can win the league every year and be a failure. I guess the manner of the CL exits really puts a black mark on his tenure.
                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

That's some good cliff porn chd
                                                                                                did ya hear what happened Bono the last time he visited the cliffs?
                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Heaton Puncheon and PVA all on my bench this week....typical
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

headless chicken time now outa United. Who usually settles them down and calms everything in spots like these for them?
                                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

headless chicken time now outa United. Who usually settles them down and calms everything in spots like these for them?
                                                                                                      Carrick.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                        The direction in the polls is always very important. In Lisbon 1 it went from about 70-30 'Yes' in the polls four months out to about 50-50 by polling day and the result was 53% 'No' (numbers off the top of my head). In Lisbon 2, the 'Yes' side always polled at about 60%, and it never trended back in the opposite direction (final vote was 67% 'Yes'). There were similar patterns in Nice 1 and 2. Looking at the polling trends for the Marriage Referendum, they're always around 70-30 'Yes' and they're not trending back so I'd be amazed if it doesn't pass. The 'No' side would have to come up with copious amounts of shite in two weeks to reverse this one. They're definitely skilled in that department, but time is against them. Also (and I feel a bit old saying this), if you get the 'Young Voter' out, then it will pass easily.

Edit to add: My memory betrays me, Lisbon 2 polls were actually always polling higher i.e. sometimes as high as 80% (undecided's excluded). Marriage Referendum polls are generally higher (undecided's excluded). Unless there are a lot of people lying in the polls, there's no way it won't pass.
                                                                                                        Last edited by DMMurray; 09-05-15, 19:43.

Comment

I need a ruling. Soccer related. I'm at a game at the moment and this just happened.

Opposition play a through ball. Keeper collects. Ball drops out of keepers hands. He picks it back up. Ref gives an indirect free kick inside the area. Am I missing something?

On phone so not going through the fifa website.

Comment

I need a ruling. Soccer related. I'm at a game at the moment and this just happened.

Opposition play a through ball. Keeper collects. Ball drops out of keepers hands. He picks it back up. Ref gives an indirect free kick inside the area. Am I missing something?

Sounds good. Once the keeper drops the ball, he can't touch it with his hands unless an opponent touches it.

Comment

Assuming the keeper had 'full control' of the ball when he collected it then it's the correct ruling.
                                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Good to know. Yes he had full control. Thinking on it a bit more now it makes perfect sense. If it wasn't a foul then the keeper could just drop it and pick it up to protect a 1-0 lead for the whole game.

Comment

Are you reffing?

Comment

Good to know. Yes he had full control. Thinking on it a bit more now it makes perfect sense. If it wasn't a foul then the keeper could just drop it and pick it up to protect a 1-0 lead for the whole game.
                                                                                                                    He'd get his legs broken.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                      He'd get his legs broken.
                                                                                                                      What do you think would happen if this tactic was employed:

1) Go 1-0 up in a match

2) Bring on two 7'5 tanks

3) Put one in goals and one outfield

4) Goalie drops ball onto outfielders head and catches

5) Repeat step 4) until final whistle
                                                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Are you reffing?
                                                                                                                        No. Spectating tonight. Playing tomorrow for our promotion.

Comment

Four hours of golf. Mrs alseep on the couch. Bottle of vino. Gr8
                                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X