for all Dublin-based poker aficionados, Sir Ector runs in the 3.40 at Punchestown tomorrow

his rider will be claiming 50 pounds (in the bar afterwards)

I know a kid who did exactly that about 6 years ago, he was a rabid MU fan never shut up about them and then one day he just switched to Chelsea. I thought that sort of thing didn't happen that the soccer team you support is an indelible stain on your soul like original sin
      tbf, for Irish fans especially, I've always argued that there can't be THAT much of an emotional bond to teams. Like bar the families who have supported Liverpool for generations etc, a random Irish kid supporting an English team originally started supporting them for no strong reason. I think the majority of Irish fans grow to support/love their team.

Like that kid you mentioned, I bet he'd never go from supporting Munster to supporting Leinster in rugby.

You don't see many villa fans around these days,they were 3rd behind United and Liverpool when I was growing up in terms of schoolfriend support
        I knew 2 lads who switched from utd to Chelsea when they started getting sexy

You don't see many villa fans around these days,they were 3rd behind United and Liverpool when I was growing up in terms of schoolfriend support
          Chelsea haven't been sexy since they let Eidur Gudjohnsen go. He was a bit of alright.

I'd say the BBV Chelsea fans supported Man U or Liverpool ten years ago. Chadley prob has an old school jersey with Kanchelskis on the back.
              Was in the work canteen and one of the guys (Mick) is always on about Chelsea this Chelsea that, and finally the service manger says to him, Mick, will you ever shut the fuck up about Chelsea, sure you're only following them because they were able to buy the Premiership with all that Russian money".
              Mick spits out his dummy, "I'll have you know, I've been supporting Chelsea for 20 years".

Service manager: "yeah, and you are 74 now, who the fuck did you support for the first 54 years of your life?, I'm 49 now, maybe I'll see who is buying the Premiership over the next few years and switch to them, the same way you did".

Mick: Ah, fuck off, I'm not going to sit here listening to this....mumble mumble and storms out.

was cooking spring rolls, oil splashed everywhere and went on fire, bitta danger cooking. There was a surprising amount of fire but i beat the shit out of it with a spatula.

Spotted riggs round town earlier:

And now time for a Wednesday bouncy boobies gif

Starvin Marvin is a Villa fan, and i've a cousin that is too.

older cousin (bout 10 years older than me) supports Villa and know two other lads around 19/20 that support them too. Think that's it.

Apparently Drogba posted this after the Arsenal fans chanted boring boring Chelsea. I'm not sure how this video disproves the boring tag but it's still pretty cool I think.

Chelsea haven't been sexy since they let Eidur Gudjohnsen go. He was a bit of alright.
                          Lol, he's my neighbor, well kind of.

Is there anything more annoying than a large group of drunk girls? The obvious answer is a large group of drunk lads but when your part of the problem....

Eidur Gudjohnson and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Sex

Regarding supporting teams and bandwagonning etc.
                                  I never supported a team up until I was nearly 12.

It was just after this - I asked my mates in school who they all hated ( they were all loliverpool fans ). Decided then and there that Arsenal were to be my team. It was coincidental that my father supported them from a young age also. Made trips over/visits to the boozer a little easier as there wasn't that many of us back then. seems from 2013 - there's loads of us. I wonder why?

Funny that.

A metaphor is like a simile. ~Author Unknown

I lolled.

Regarding supporting teams and bandwagonning etc.
                                      I never supported a team up until I was nearly 12.

It was just after this - I asked my mates in school who they all hated ( they were all loliverpool fans ). Decided then and there that Arsenal were to be my team. It was coincidental that my father supported them from a young age also. Made trips over/visits to the boozer a little easier as there wasn't that many of us back then. seems from 2013 - there's loads of us. I wonder why?

Funny that.
                                      How is the Da? Still pokering?

I've been witnessing "new" fans for a few years. I'm more likely to punch them that a united fan these days.

Is there anything more annoying than a large group of drunk girls? The obvious answer is a large group of drunk lads but when your part of the problem....
                                        When I worked in pubs I'd rather deal with a group of drunk lads instead of drunk girls. Congrats on the degree. Sounds like you're having a good night.

was cooking spring rolls, oil splashed everywhere and went on fire, bitta danger cooking. There was a surprising amount of fire but i beat the shit out of it with a spatula.

Spotted riggs round town earlier:

Not sure if serious, haven't left the house in a couple of days, suppose I went to Spar.
                                          Would not fit/wear skinny jeans.

Anyone ever stuck with Duolingo? Am nearly finished the French now, and its such a class app for learning a language. Vastly more work to do on learning, but seems like a hefty foundation. Going to try one of those apps next where you buddy up with someone French and Skype chat (wespeke.com).
                                            After a few minutes of polite and good natured collaborative learning, stand up to reveal you are in fact not wearing pants.

A man comes over with his dog spot.
                                              Real Chelsea fans would have thanked this.

CHD
                                              Loopz

youtube takes a break during stairway to throw me a 2 min 30 second ad. It can fuck right off.
                                                fucking stairway of all tunes.

Yep. And like all Pool fans are anti United, I'd be anti Liverpool. That's why I'm getting oj the Chelsea bandwagon.
                                                  Name change for him to Dopey please

I also forgot to bring you some Tuesday quiz questions last night. Was very drunk so my memory is fuzzy

General knowledge ones I remember:
                                                        What 1 word can come before flow, draft and shadow to make 3 valid words?

Where would you most likely be if you heard 'The Entry of the Gladiators'?

3rd largest planet?

capital of california?
                                                        can't remember the other 6

Ditloids time:
                                                        example 7DIAW = 7 days in a week

64SOACB
                                                        366DIALY
                                                        7BF7B
                                                        24DIAAC(Some genius got this)
                                                        8BIAB(we failed this)
                                                        88KOAP
                                                        12SOTZ
                                                        3COATL

can't remember any others
                                                        Last edited by mdoug; 29-04-15, 23:44.

How is the Da? Still pokering?

I've been witnessing "new" fans for a few years. I'm more likely to punch them that a united fan these days.
                                                          Pokering is a funny word - he still believes that 'you have to get the cards to win' . Plays a lot in the Star nowadays - enjoys it there and in fairness I don't blame him - it's not a bad spot.

I suppose when you think about it - success is the No1 way of increasing your fanbase/customer base, so we cant begrudge "new" fans. If we did, we'd be left with an aging shower of cunce who are supposed to live 5 minutes form the ground.

#PrayforRiggsExamPrepStrategy
                                                            coming up to the annual (and hopefully final) learn enough of a whole semester's course in 2 days myself. Have some tutorial work worth like 10% I didn't hand in that I've been working so haven't even gotten around to the study yet (although doing the tutorial work is kinda like tutorial work). First exam Tuesday.

just ate a load of ghost chili peanuts.

#PrayforRiggsExamPrepStrategy
                                                                Don't want to peak too early though? Leave room to keep improving in 2nd and 3rd year.

I also forgot to bring you some Tuesday quiz questions last night. Was very drunk so my memory is fuzzy

General knowledge ones I remember:
                                                                  What 1 word can come before flow, draft and shadow to make 3 valid words?

3rd largest planet?

capital of california?
                                                                  can't remember the other 6

Ditloids time:
                                                                  example 7DIAW = 7 days in a week

64SOACB
                                                                  366DIALY
                                                                  7BF7B
                                                                  24DIAAC(Some genius got this)
                                                                  8BIAB(we failed this)
                                                                  88KOAP
                                                                  12SOTZ

can't remember any others

64SOACB = Squares on a chess board
                                                                  7BF7B = Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
                                                                  366DIALY = Days in a leap year
                                                                  24DIAAC = 24 Days in an astronomical cycle (literally no idea)
                                                                  8BIAB= Think this is 8 beats in a bar
                                                                  88KOAP = Keys on a piano
                                                                  12SOTZ = 12 signs of the Zodiac

Pokering is a funny word - he still believes that 'you have to get the cards to win' . Plays a lot in the Star nowadays - enjoys it there and in fairness I don't blame him - it's not a bad spot.
                                                                    Good to hear. Star is a good room. Early closing and small cash games have me not going back. Tried getting ROE going a few times and the dealers didnt know what it was. Hopefully the IPO having a leg makes them cop on to what they could have.

I suppose when you think about it - success is the No1 way of increasing your fanbase/customer base, so we cant begrudge "new" fans. If we did, we'd be left with an aging shower of cunce who are supposed to live 5 minutes form the ground.
                                                                    We can't begrudge cause we are in Ireland. If we were in England we would. Fuck that mindset.

You travel as I do. What we pay alone on flights and tickets can be up to 15% of a season ticket. We have the right to abuse muppets imo.

Obv it is rare for you since Arsenal ain't an attractive side Wolfpack LTD enjoys your use of cunce.

See you at IPO Bray.

88KOAP = Keys on a piano
                                                                      One team in Fulham.

There's only one team in Fulham.

88KOAP = Keys on a piano
                                                                        Ah heyor...
                                                                        Be honest now, did you google any of those answers?

Starvin Marvin is a Villa fan, and i've a cousin that is too.
                                                                          Mickste is as well.

I started supporting them in the 90s when they had loads of Irish players

Staunton
                                                                          McGrath
                                                                          Houghton
                                                                          Townsend

Not to mention my man crush for Dalian Atkinson

That Wimbledon goal of the season was so sexy

Ah heyor...
                                                                            Be honest now, did you google any of those answers?
                                                                            All but the two I'm unsure of are pretty obvious. The two I'm unsure of I am really unsure of. The 24DIAAC one I am completely taking a shot in the dark

He did not google because 24DIAAC and 8BIAB are incorrect. The rest are right.

There were a lot of tougher ones but I was way too drunk to remember them now unfortunately.

He did not google because 24DIAAC and 8BIAB are incorrect. The rest are right.

There were a lot of tougher ones but I was way too drunk to remember them now unfortunately.
                                                                                Actually they're both correct, they're just not the answers you're looking for

All too friendly imo

At the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao press conference, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquaio squared off in Las Vegas.Subscribe: http://www.youtube.com /subscription...

Real Chelsea fans would have thanked this.

CHD
                                                                                    Loopz
                                                                                    That's what I sang to my kids when I first held them in my arms.

24DIAAC

24 Dioceses in an Arch-Diocese???

Has to be right

Tell it to the judge

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                          That's what I sang to my kids when I first held them in my arms.
                                                                                          I used bounce on my little brothers bed to wake him up whilst singing it.

Blue day too, by Suggs from Madness. Can ya sing that m8!?

24DIAAC

24 Dioceses in an Arch-Diocese???

Has to be right
                                                                                            I didn't bother to google their validity, just that they were not the accepted answers(goes for jamfly too) last night. Although I highly doubt anyone wrote those lol

Answers are(since they'll be googled anyway)

24 doors on an advent calendar(we actually got this, wtf)
                                                                                              8 bits in a byte(we did not and I studied computers)

Mickste is as well.

I started supporting them in the 90s when they had loads of Irish players

Staunton
                                                                                                McGrath
                                                                                                Houghton
                                                                                                Townsend

Not to mention my man crush for Dalian Atkinson

That Wimbledon goal of the season was so sexy
                                                                                                The fan holding the umbrella over his head after Atkinson scored was magnificent

I can't remember off the top of my head who won, but I have a feeling it was Dalian Atkinson (v Wimbledon). I hope the poor quality of the reception doesn't ...

Someone should have played her this as a request as she left the office

I used bounce on my little brothers bed to wake him up whilst singing it.

Blue day too, by Suggs from Madness. Can ya sing that m8!?
                                                                                                    Harry J All-stars - The liquidator. Produced by Harry Johnson.

Anybody else interested in being a (co-)guinea pig for a weight lifting plan?

NEC Birmingham

Cliffs on Baltimore and associated riots?

If there was ever any tv show that I would love to see it would 100% be that!!! I actually miss that show so much! Also not the correct answer :P

Second would be the one they had for like 2 years where they were chasing each other ice skating.

Anyway, time for beddy bye bye's. Ye all enjoy your sober days
                                                                                                            You are watching the official 4K video for Our House by Madness. We're number 1 in the midweek album chart but Taylor Swift is right behind us, help us get o...

I know rape is no laughing matter but seriously, the name of this alleged rapist fugitive....

Ryan Humpage

I know rape is no laughing matter but seriously, the name of this alleged rapist fugitive....

Ryan Humpage
                                                                                                                Yeah, I thought I heard that wrong this morning. Hard not to lol.

Cliffs on Baltimore and associated riots?
                                                                                                                  more of the same unfortunately. Black guy gets arrested and dies a week later from a spinal injury after allegedly getting beaten up whilst in custody. Poor parts of town go apeshit and start looting and rioting.

Its a right pain in the ass having to wait for the weekly episode of Survivor, i have gone back to the previous season to fill the gap days as i haven't seen them for a few years but it does start to confuse you with 2 on the go.

I can ship you on Stars or suchlike Hitch if you want to do the good deed yourself, otherwise I'll probably split it into two €5s and give one to the man with a dog on O'Connell Bridge, and the other to one of the zombies around the spire. Unless you've other preferences.

Strongly suspect that wealth played a role in the acquittal of that Goldman guy of raping the Irish student.
                                                                                                                          On more than one level. Having wealth allows the you the best of legal teams instead of some junior lawyer. Don't know the details of the case but it very often is one word against another. Having seen how the elite get treated here in the courts I assume the same applies on america.