This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
    Dobby would you have any opinion on Lloyd failing to deny charges of steroid usage?
    I'm having a slow morning. I don't get it. I don't think I've ever had a pop at Lloyd?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

This bit lost me. What's Olly doing?
      Eating real food whenever he's hungry. Sounds pretty awful alright.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
        I'm having a slow morning. I don't get it. I don't think I've ever had a pop at Lloyd?
        Think Hotspur having a dig on your dig at Liverpool fans yesterday.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          NASDAQ back to its all-time peak. Hit 15 years ago.

Reminds me of just how insane the dotcom era was. Remember being a young w\banker at the time and just thinking 'this is beyond nuts'. Friend of my dad's turned 100k into 3m in 18 months day trading it. Where's our bubble Joe? Oh yeah.
          Any thoughts on whether BOI /AIB will cut variable rates in relation to these 'sanctions' the government are threatening to take? Or is it all just posturing @ election time and variable rates will stay the same until competition comes in(If it ever does)?

Comment

Pro Life Tip:
            Always have a leap card in your pocket if you do not have a bank card.
            If you decide to go on a bender, let's say on a Thursday night and then proceed to get very drunk and spend your night with someone new to your life. One should always have a leap card at hand!!
            For example this person might have to leave their house at 7am for work and not allow a random guy to stay there on his own(what a bitch) and you then have to leave and realise you drank the €100 last night and have to have a solid 1 hours 42 minute walk of shame from somewhere you didn't know existed.

tl;dr got lucky then unlucky, buy a leap card
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
              The animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                Think you underestimate the stronger drive across a private organisation for efficiency versus a fully state backed loss making public one, just talking to my friend tonight about this and he mentioned a driver refused to let him on a bus at the weekend and instead pulled off early leaving him high and dry on a 24yoyo fare. I know on the private service that runs near my parents place some of the drivers operate their own vehicles and are incentivised about the tight service they run; they wouldn't have left him behind. A 7 day, 850k journey strike says it all about what they think of the customer tbh. Would have to imagine there's plenty of humps that DB could do without if push came to shove, and plenty of other savings to be made long before they touched drivers pay, I remember seeing recently a BE driver on the go from when I was a teenager who unashamedly offers discount fares for cut, how long would he last under private tender?

BE most efficient service is the Dundalk to Dublin one, solely because of the private competition, in the old days it cost twice as much and people would just go to a bus stop and wait and hope a bus would turn up. Even the difference in drive between the two companies is immense, in the snow and ice they where out trying to find a way to de-ice the roads to continue the service, there's way more gains to be had than just drivers wages. Roll on 2019 imo.
                I've worked in a few multinationals, they are not all models of efficiency striving, plenty of places for slackers to hide(thank fuck).
                Last edited by Guest; 24-04-15, 08:41.

Comment

NASDAQ back to its all-time peak. Hit 15 years ago.

Reminds me of just how insane the dotcom era was. Remember being a young w\banker at the time and just thinking 'this is beyond nuts'. Friend of my dad's turned 100k into 3m in 18 months day trading it. Where's our bubble Joe? Oh yeah.
                  The schadenfreude will be strong when this one pops. there's something particularly unlikeable about the cult leader like "gamechanging disruptor " tech CEO's

Comment

I'm going to represent MSN here in her defamation case against Lloyd/Kayroo here on IPB Court.

I saw Goody Lloyd doing steroids with the devil.
                    Kayroo ie neither on his oats or his Oath.

Case dismissed.

*carried shoulder high from the courtroom by Nightcrew*
                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Clearly I'm not going to get myself sucked into the Satnav/Lloyd slagging match (even if it is pretty funny). I've totally moved away from the primal conversion high and stopped trying to "convince" people. Sometimes people ask a question by pm or whatever and that's cool but it's just my habit/way of eating now.

Two recent funny things though.

I'm back working where I was 4 years ago when I was fat and stressed and now I'm not and my old colleagues pull me aside at times as they are struggling to wrap their heads around it at times. Asking questions about my lifestyle etc and it catches me off guard. It's so long ago it's like a different world for me and to them it seems like it's only a recent thing. It's a very mad thing to do to go back to a place and people who haven't changed very much when I have.

Myself and Brianmc and a few others did a 23k hike around the glen of Imaal at the weekend (pretty challenging). There was one guy in the group who didn't know me. Anyway we stop for grub and the lads are all tucking into their sandwiches and I pull a cooked chicken from my backpack and start tearing into it along with a block of cheese. He must have been a little bit confused on reflection. Animal indeed!

Btw If anyone is looking for a tasty primal treat hit yogism near at Stephens green. Frozen full fat natural yoghurt, nuts, coconut and berries/fruit. A nice alternative to ice cream when cruising the park. He does dark chocolate protein balls covered in seeds as well.
                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                          The schadenfreude will be strong when this one pops. there's something particularly unlikeable about the cult leader like "gamechanging disruptor " tech CEO's
                          I don't see it bursting any time soon though. The tech bust in the early 2000's was after 10 years of solid growth all through the 90's. The last (reasonably serious) tech bust was around 08/09, and there's been a very steady recovery since then. Things went completely insane at the end of the dot-com boom, and there's isn't anywhere near the same level of insanity now, so I think it will hold for a while.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Myself and Brianmc and a few others did a 23k hike around the glen of Imaal at the weekend (pretty challenging). There was one guy in the group who didn't know me. Anyway we stop for grub and the lads are all tucking into their sandwiches and I pull a cooked chicken from my backpack and start tearing into it along with a block of cheese. He must have been a little bit confused on reflection. Animal indeed!

Btw If anyone is looking for a tasty primal treat hit yogism near at Stephens green. Frozen full fat natural yoghurt, nuts, coconut and berries/fruit. A nice alternative to ice cream when cruising the park. He does dark chocolate protein balls covered in seeds as well.
                              That is fucking wonderful
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  Service is woefully slow though!
                                  Yeah it's a bit better in the original place in George's at arcade. The guy who owns the business is only getting going at the new location and training the staff etc. The product is excellent but he needs to get the staff moving customers through a bit quicker.
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Theres also the big macro event that theres a ridic amount of cash seeking any type of return, that is shoring up prices, and also unlikely to end in a generation. A big swathe of that cash, e.g. pensions, would like to leave equities, but can't due to lack of alternative returns (apart from gimmicky crap like total return funds), and theres also the constant flow of new money into the market.

Can't see a correction any time soon as a result. Doesn't mean we should be investing spare cash in the markets though as its institutional rather than value factors that are driving up prices.
                                      The Chinese market has done 100% in a year. We're still dancing but when the music stops who knows...the money wall could change direction in an instant.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                            "Yum, these "diet brand" meals/sausages/yogurts/cakes/crisps are great. 20% less calories and guilt free so I ate the whole packet"

runs away

This bit lost me. What's Olly doing?
                                            Eating the caveman diet

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                            Don't we all? Last time I looked I wasn't eating plastic toys shaped like food

Comment

Apparently its know in the US as 'Hipster Service'!

E.g. Seinfeld in his new web series on slow coffee shop service in Portland, hipster central

Kinda stuck in the head since hearing it. Indeed I proudly passed on that bit of terminology to the wife after she spent 15 mins waiting for a coffee there last week when there was just one person queuing in front of her.
                                              I call it KC peaches service. I have faith in the owner that he'll sort it out. I was talking to him about crowd sourcing finance. I think he could build a great business if he makes the effort to put systems in place to scale it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                Eating the caveman diet

Could have sworn that you agreed with avoiding processed foods a while back. No need to eat them just to be anti paleo.
                                                It's all moved on a long way from caveman anyway, avoid processed food and sugar and beyond that it's just bells and whistles.

Comment

where can it go though? I know ye have clients desperate to leave equities and move towards better liability matched assets, but the issue is theres just so little viable alternatives. I guess maybe interest rate rises might do it. That seems about it though.
                                                  Fear could lead to a lot of funds just sitting out. I just think we'll get some big volatility over the next while. "de-risking" is beginning to look like deciding between the lesser of evils...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                    Eating the caveman diet

Must be tough not eating all the things that did not exist back then, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage etc, but I'm sure all the insects make up for it, i hope they haven't evolved too

"real food" is such a lol term, reminds me of people who are against food with "chemicals" in it.
                                                    60c for the Nakd bars in Holland&Barrett at the moment. Seems mad good value for what you get. My quick google reading suggests the world is full of universal praise for these. Genuine question: should I go back and fill my boots with them as a handy snack, morning bite? or is there anything to note in the back of the head as a restraint about them.

Buy buy buy! If you don't they may be gone later
                                                    Bars made of dates are the most win.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                        Could have sworn that you agreed with avoiding processed foods a while back. No need to eat them just to be anti paleo.
                                                        It's all moved on a long way from caveman anyway, avoid processed food and sugar and beyond that it's just bells and whistles.
                                                        I don't eat many processed foods! I make my own sauces etc and have so many herbs and spices I could open a shop. I am not anti paleo. I just like to eat the foods I enjoy in moderation. I like rice and potatoes too much to give them up.

I said I do not eat plastic toys shaped as food. But if I did they would def be counted as processed

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                          Must be tough not eating all the things that did not exist back then, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage etc, but I'm sure all the insects make up for it, i hope they haven't evolved too

"real food" is such a lol term, reminds me of people who are against food with "chemicals" in it.

Buy buy buy! If you don't they may be gone later
                                                          Bars made of dates are the most win.
                                                          Don't like any of those veg. The only way I can stomach them is to make a soup with them. And that is what I do. It is more you that has to avoid eating the insects as I can't imagine they are on a vegan diet

Comment

I'm a big believer in the aldi super thursday diet. Buy 20kg of whatever veg they have at 39c and eat it. I can barely carry 10e of shopping from aldi. I'm up to 1-2kg of veg per day due to them. Then you go to tesco and broccoli or cauliflower is like 2 euro, jaysus.

edit: dont like broccoli or cauliflower, what is this madness. Do this:
                                                            Jamie's whole roasted cauliflower recipe is a great vegan Christmas dinner idea. Spiced with thyme and paprika, this roast cauliflower will go down a treat!

Nostalgia friday:
                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 24-04-15, 09:41.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                              Think Hotspur having a dig on your dig at Liverpool fans yesterday.
                                                              Didn't have a dig at Liverpool fans yesterday.

Comment

You should have, they are shit!
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

Big news. Root cause of asthma found. Potential cure ready to start clinical tries shortly.

A cure for asthma could be available in five years, according to scientists who believe they have found the root cause of the condition.
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                      Big news. Root cause of asthma found. Potential cure ready to start clinical tries shortly.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...nd-325875.html
                                                                      I would be playing for Man United now if they had found a cure 20 years ago

Comment

Was watching 'First Dates' a Channel4 show last night and recognised Ben who used to play in the SE years ago. Went out on the piss with him a few times, sound lad. Worth a watch for anyone that would have known him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                          I would be playing for Man United now if they had found a cure 20 years ago
                                                                          Sure thing.

I would have appreciated spending a lot less of my childhood in hospital alright.
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Really? What was Rodgers post about then? Knowing you were a utd fan, even I thought you were having a dig, and I am not a pool fan. I wouldn't have thought any non pool fans would give a shit about what Rodgers said or didn't say...
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Thoughts on the Scottish FA retrospectively banning someone for a hand ball offence that was missed by the referee?
                                                                              Seems completely beyond the accepted rules of the game to me. Any precedents for an FA to do such a thing? (normally my job to come up with 'back in '83 the Zambian FA did this etc' examples but I can't think of any).
                                                                              Even FIFA vice president Jim Boyce seems to disagree with it (though worth pointing FIFA have about 30 VPs so its not that important a role).

Link for non followers of jock footie.
                                                                              Neil Lennon joins those saying the SFA is setting a dangerous precedent by trying to ban Inverness player Josh Meekings.

Hmmm, I'm worryingly behind the curve on this one, seems he won his appeal and won't be banned.
                                                                              Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 24-04-15, 11:26.

Comment

Went to Berlin for the day yesterday and got in a mildly amusing bar brawl last night. Out with an Irish pal, fairly dry witted, in some dive of a bar. Group of Somali punters drinking at the bar ( not sure why but they are a distinct looking bunch). He mentions something about Captain Phillips under his breath and all hell breaks lose. Calmed down in the end to the extent of sharing a few pints later, but only after taking a few, in the grand scheme of things, well deserved digs.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  Thoughts on the Scottish FA retrospectively banning someone for a hand ball offence that was missed by the referee?
                                                                                  Seems completely beyond the accepted rules of the game to me. Any precedents for an FA to do such a thing? (normally my job to come up with 'back in '83 the Zambian FA did this etc' examples but I can't think of any).
                                                                                  Even FIFA vice president Jim Boyce seems to disagree with it (though worth pointing FIFA have about 30 VPs so its not that important a role).

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32416795
                                                                                  Watch live or catch up on all your favourite STV programmes. All the soaps, entertainment and drama you love plus STV Player exclusives and premieres

Comment

Barcelona v Bayern
                                                                                    Juve v Real Madrid

Comment

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32416795
                                                                                      It was dismissed the next day

Inverness Caledonian Thistle's Josh Meekings is cleared to play in the Scottish Cup final after his retrospective one-game suspension is dismissed.

Comment

+1 re hearing re Cardsharks endeavours.

Comment

Not sure if you saw this one AJ, but you might like it!

England Women's Under 19 side qualified for the European Championship in dramatic style as the final 18 seconds of their clash against Norway was replayed after a refereeing mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                            Barcelona v Bayern
                                                                                            Juve v Real Madrid
                                                                                            Have Juve/Real backed, and have Seville/Fiorentina backed in the Europa and they both drew each other

Comment

who was it on here involved with rakebackftw?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                Went to Berlin for the day yesterday and got in a mildly amusing bar brawl last night. Out with an Irish pal, fairly dry witted, in some dive of a bar. Group of Somali punters drinking at the bar ( not sure why but they are a distinct looking bunch). He mentions something about Captain Phillips under his breath and all hell breaks lose. Calmed down in the end to the extent of sharing a few pints later, but only after taking a few, in the grand scheme of things, well deserved digs.
                                                                                                this would appear not to have been the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                  who was it on here involved with rakebackftw?
                                                                                                  Ianmc38 and RoadSweeper if I remember correctly

Comment

My NAS arrived yesterday but haven't had a chance to mess around with it fully but from the small bits I've got to do so far it's a cracking piece of kit, any tips newbie on setup & add-ons etc?
                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Neil Lennon joins those saying the SFA is setting a dangerous precedent by trying to ban Inverness player Josh Meekings.

Hmmm, I'm worryingly behind the curve on this one, seems he won his appeal and won't be banned.

It seems Hitch rustled your jimmies starting that pointless thread !
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                        Really? What was Rodgers post about then? Knowing you were a utd fan, even I thought you were having a dig, and I am not a pool fan. I wouldn't have thought any non pool fans would give a shit about what Rodgers said or didn't say...
                                                                                                        Jaysus. Not everything United Liverpool related is a dig. I was interested to hear what the fans thought of the interview/article. If it was a dig it would be obvious.

Comment

...

Comment

Clearly I'm not going to get myself sucked into the Satnav/Lloyd slagging match (even if it is pretty funny). I've totally moved away from the primal conversion high and stopped trying to "convince" people. Sometimes people ask a question by pm or whatever and that's cool but it's just my habit/way of eating now.

Two recent funny things though.

I'm back working where I was 4 years ago when I was fat and stressed and now I'm not and my old colleagues pull me aside at times as they are struggling to wrap their heads around it at times. Asking questions about my lifestyle etc and it catches me off guard. It's so long ago it's like a different world for me and to them it seems like it's only a recent thing. It's a very mad thing to do to go back to a place and people who haven't changed very much when I have.

You'll be back to horsing custard cremes for breakfast when junior arrives. Bookmark this.
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

You'll be back to horsing custard cremes for breakfast when junior arrives. Bookmark this.
                                                                                                              No I'll just be eating pistachios and cold meats. No more time for leisurely cooking alright.

Comment

No I'll just be eating pistachios and cold meats. No more time for leisurely cooking alright.
                                                                                                                I'd find it easier to not finish a bag of heroin than pistachios.

Comment

Florence Nightingale....

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                    http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...ience-analysis

Does so.

The less you know about wine, the better it all tastes.
                                                                                                                    Haven't had time to read the article fully but it sounds like a load of cack. There is no way sheer ignorance will make you think that a five euro bottle of vinegar tastes as good / better than a nice bottle of wine. i've drank a lot of shit and good stuff to be able to figure that out

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                    Can never understand why almost every yoghurt in a supermarket is sugar-filled "Greek Style" rather than actual just Greek yoghurt.
                                                                                                                    Tesco have a Greek Yoghurt. Only one I have ever seen that is not greek style. Can't remember the name of it but have been meaning to try it for a while now

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                      Haven't had time to read the article fully but it sounds like a load of cack. There is no way sheer ignorance will make you think that a five euro bottle of vinegar tastes as good / better than a nice bottle of wine. i've drank a lot of shit and good stuff to be able to figure that out
                                                                                                                      In 2008 a study of 6,000 blind tastings by Robin Goldstein in the Journal of Wine Economics found a positive link between the price of wine and the amount people enjoyed it. But the link only existed for people trained to detect the elements of wine that make them expensive.
                                                                                                                      In 2011 Professor Richard Wiseman, a psychologist (and former professional magician) at Hertfordshire University invited 578 people to comment on a range of red and white wines, varying from £3.49 for a claret to £30 for champagne, and tasted blind.

People could tell the difference between wines under £5 and those above £10 only 53% of the time for whites and only 47% of the time for reds. Overall they would have been just as a successful flipping a coin to guess.
                                                                                                                      Science says exactly otherwise I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                        Florence Nightingale....

Is that a bit of the one leftover from Noels dinner last night ?

I don't use twitter much but that pic popped up in my inbox for some reason this morning #halfacow
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

There is shitty return on wine over a certain value, people spending loads is hilarious. Especially in a restaurant where it's marked up again. I just imported 6 bottles from france, around 7e each. Better than plenty of wine hundred times their price I've had. I mean I don't know shit about wine, I just like drinks that taste nice to me. Above the cheapest of the cheap it is pretty much random to me which will be best.
                                                                                                                          Wine experts essentially know from experience how to tell wines apart, due to knowledge of the manufacturing process and drinking wine, it certainly doesn't make it nicer. Yeah it's impressive but to the lay person it doesn't matter.
                                                                                                                          Certainly yes, if the wine is staining your lips you are not onto a winner, above that it's all completely subjective more than people are led to believe.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X