This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    I'm at home sick and some traveller who was trying to pass himself off as a landscaper just knocked on the door: "is your mam or dad there?" I was kinda dumbfounded and just said "what?" Same exchange again and then he said "oh I thought you were a young lad, sure isn't it a complement."

Bizarre.
    Will he clean the gutters as well?

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    Re Wine:

Be Ignorant
    Buy Ignorant.
    Be Happy.
    Be more well off.
    Be Ignorant + Buy Ignorant does not equal Be Happy when it comes to wine

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
        Be Ignorant + Buy Ignorant does not equal Be Happy when it comes to wine
        Noses have been put out of joint in the wine industry, with experiments showing that even experts can't always tell cheap plonk from grand cru. David Derbyshire reports on the chemistry behind the taste

Does so.

The less you know about wine, the better it all tastes.

Comment

from a couple of years ago....

Spurs U12's playing in a competition in Poland v Lech Poznan. Home teams Ultras turn up to support the kids, sing for the whole match.....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
              http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...ience-analysis

Does so.

The less you know about wine, the better it all tastes.
              Does the same apply to whiskey?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                Does the same apply to whiskey?
                Probably.

Comment

Started playing a bit of poker again, on ipoker. Anybody else play?
                  I was wondering have they changes their rakeback in recent times. Seems dodgy. If you are getting 60% rakeback it seems like you are actually only getting 30%. 50% is taken by ipoker, 50% by the skin and then you get your percentage from that? If so that is very sneaky.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                    Never heard of it. Any good?
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                      What have you eaten today?
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Nah it's shit mate. I just read about their new "source based rake" and puked a little.
                        Think I'll move to stars, they have a run it twice feature that I miss from HSP.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                          I was wondering have they changes their rakeback in recent times. Seems dodgy. If you are getting 60% rakeback it seems like you are actually only getting 30%. 50% is taken by ipoker, 50% by the skin and then you get your percentage from that? If so that is very sneaky.
                          iPoker are basically colouring the money that people lose on the Network.

If you lose money on the network you get assigned half of whatever rake is generated from it (Source Based Rake or SBR).

Below is the calculation used.

(Normal Rake + SB Rake / 2) = Real Player Value rake
                          Sng Fee + SB Sng Fee / 2 ) = Real Player Value Fee
                          MTT Fee are as is.

RPV Rake + Rpv Fee + MTT Fee = New player value

Comment

Just attended a meeting with 17 people in attendance including 7 advisers. 2.5 hour meeting cost over 8k in adviser fees alone. Impactful tie set to kill.
                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Thanks, seems like a good deal for losing players and a bad one for grinders.
                              I probably get less than 50% of what I got a few years ago but probably wont do better than 60% rb x 0.5 on ipoker anyway.

If anybody can find this online I'd be grateful (It would also annoy PSV for added incentive):

the logic of pre-electoral coalition formation - sona golder
                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-04-15, 14:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                What have you eaten today?
                                I had a chicken fillet baguette innit. Went a bit lah dee dah and had spinach instead of lettuce. It was nice for a change.
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  Actually thinking of going the other direction despite this, as seem to have some sort of allergy to something thats in red wine. Not sure if that's possible though (to have an allergy to one and not the other)
                                  Definitely possible. Found out to my expense on a wine tasting tour. Decided to get my money's worth by drinking red despite not being too gone on it. Figured I'd get to like it but went all blotchy, itchy and red in the face with eyes streaming.
                                  SPOILER

Another guy on tour said he was allergic to some red wines but not others. Antihistamines cleared it quickly though, so maybe just have those with the wine!

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                    Definitely possible. Found out to my expense on a wine tasting tour. Decided to get my money's worth by drinking red despite not being too gone on it. Figured I'd get to like it but went all blotchy, itchy and red in the face with eyes streaming.
                                    SPOILER

Another guy on tour said he was allergic to some red wines but not others. Antihistamines cleared it quickly though, so maybe just have those with the wine!
                                    Yeah could be loads of stuff. Top candidates would be particular sulphites, tannins or yeasts.

Comment

Think I have the actual flu'. Not pleasant. Have only moved between the bed and couch since 8 last night. Have to supervise a 3 hour test in the morning and then listen to final year dissertations all afternoon. Pray for mojo.

Comment

Fake executive job.
                                        Pity jbravado isn't still in China, he'd have crushed it. Though possibly may have tried to go too far and fire cunce

Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 22-04-15, 15:12.
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

No Benzema, Bale, Modric for Real. Atleti worth a bet maybe.

Need Doug and Situations opinions first.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

2/1 draw no bet?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                Think I have the actual flu'. Not pleasant. Have only moved between the bed and couch since 8 last night. Have to supervise a 3 hour test in the morning and then listen to final year dissertations all afternoon. Pray for mojo.
                                                Stay home? It's nearly exam season. This would be a really bad time to share your flu with your students and colleagues.

Comment

Stay home? It's nearly exam season. This would be a really bad time to share your flu with your students and colleagues.
                                                  That's a fair point actually...Its very very awkward from an admin point of view though.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                    Just attended a meeting with 17 people in attendance including 7 advisers. 2.5 hour meeting cost over 8k in adviser fees alone. Impactful tie set to kill.
                                                    450 charge out? You're underselling yourself sir

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                      450 charge out? You're underselling yourself sir
                                                      2.5 hr mtg plus 1 hr travel, but I'm only 350 an hour. Bargain imo

The lawyers are a bit more...
                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I'm also waiting for some tips so I can bet big against them.

This is the only way I can win away from the virtuals innit
                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                          I can see examinership working like that to restructure rent and renegotiate employees contracts etc for say the likes of Bewleys where there customer comes in orders a coffee and pays and gets their product there and then.

I cant see too many punters throwing money on the match tonight in a shop and expecting to go back tomorrow to get paid on the off chance the doors would be shut ? Same with the online side. Can a company like this survive after examinership ?
                                                          Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                          Once they've gone through Examinership, and assuming they come out the other side intact (i'd be interested to see %'s on that) a company is generally on a very sound footing (i.e all debts written off to generally 10-15%, restructured cost-effective company etc) so i'd have no worry on that front.

I'm interested to see how it works with regard to the fact that it is just the Irish operation entering the process (i.e. does it leave them open to a possible takeover from competitors / interested parties in Ireland?) as a trimmed down, cost effective in place chain might be of interest to some people.
                                                          @Oleras - I don't think it will make that much difference. Whether punters know or not, the business is now absolutely protected for the next few months. Ironically, safer to bet there now than it was this time last week.

By the time the business is ready to come out of Examinership, it will be after a raft of shop closures, rent reductions and staff lay offs. In other words, it will, for the first time in a few years, actually be a a company in profit.

@Dice, the process doesn't make them any more vulnerable to a takeover, unless there is no other way to turn the business into a going concern.

In short, what happens here is that an Examiner (accountants) will produce a business plan that involves returning the business to profit. Included in this will be the extent to which they will stamp on current creditors rights, ignore labour law etc....

Rarely that plan involves bringing in outside investors, ie. some form of takeover. Most often, extra capital if required is invested by current shareholders or finance houses. Those later two will be able to raise the cash essentially on the back of the legal getting rid of debts involved in the examinership.

In most cases, when you have written off debt and the accompanying interest notes, when you have got rid of heavy overhead like staff liability, then the remaining (smaller) business will be one with an ok turnover and an outlook to profit.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                            I'm also waiting for some tips so I can bet big against them.

This is the only way I can win away from the virtuals innit
                                                            Red Card at Evs, ty

Comment

Seriously. By the time you've earned enough money to enjoy it properly, you won't have enough energy and/or health left to enjoy it properly. I need to win the lotto. Any more tips, Rigger?
                                                              I'm really getting disillusioned with work. The financial services industry really drains the life out of you. Sadly I'm too old and too fond of getting paid not a pittance to do anything else.

I think my ideal job would be a train driver. Your own compartment where no one bothers you, do what the signals say, and you get paid pretty well too. The downside would be the prospect of people jumping in front of the train, but there you go. Not much chance of becoming a train driver though.

I neither have the get up and go to want to progress further in my own career or to retrain for anything else.

Professional lottery winner would be brilliant, but I've more chance of becoming a train driver.

I guess sucking it up and just getting on with things is the only viable solution.

Comment

Being a train driver must be fucking class

Comment

Real need Pep to sort them out
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Big save there. Unsure who I want to go through here. Hard not to get behind atletico but kind of want real through now that Barca and Bayern have qualified.

Comment

Amazing the way Ronaldo has stepped up to the plate and taken control here.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I always find myself reading 5starpools ruminating posts in a Norman Clegg accent

Comment

I want to be a train driver now.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                            SPOILER

Anyone ever tell you you're the image of the girl from Willie Wonkas Chocolate Factory?

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                              Being a train driver must be fucking class
                                                                              I want to be a train driver now.
                                                                              Not sure it would suit either of ye. Think ye could be going down the wrong track....

I'm here all night folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                Red Card at Evs, ty
                                                                                Nice one Tony

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                  I'm really getting disillusioned with work. The financial services industry really drains the life out of you. Sadly I'm too old and too fond of getting paid not a pittance to do anything else.

I think my ideal job would be a train driver. Your own compartment where no one bothers you, do what the signals say, and you get paid pretty well too. The downside would be the prospect of people jumping in front of the train, but there you go. Not much chance of becoming a train driver though.

I neither have the get up and go to want to progress further in my own career or to retrain for anything else.

Professional lottery winner would be brilliant, but I've more chance of becoming a train driver.

I guess sucking it up and just getting on with things is the only viable solution.
                                                                                  I know two train drivers. One was the lad who never lost his childhood thing of wanting to drive a train for a living. He jumped in straight after his leaving and hates his job now. Another fell into the job and has been at it for ten years and loves it.

What is it you do exactly, something IT related I presume from memory of your posts?

Comment

real are a hateful shower of fucks aren't they?
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                        real are a hateful shower of fucks aren't they?
                                                                                        I wonder what Ronaldo's team mates think of him. He's spent the evening playing shit and whinging at his own team. Best player in the world me arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                          The examinership is one big pile of smoke and mirrors to enable ladbrokes sell off the Irish Retail business to an existing shareholder.
                                                                                          What if a more appealing offer was submitted to the Examiner by an outside interest (i.e. we'll restructure xyz but keep all the jobs in situ). Isn't the Examiner required to consider it on merit?

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                            I know two train drivers. One was the lad who never lost his childhood thing of wanting to drive a train for a living. He jumped in straight after his leaving and hates his job now. Another fell into the job and has been at it for ten years and loves it.

What is it you do exactly, something IT related I presume from memory of your posts?
                                                                                            I used to be in IT but stayed in a job for too long where I got deskilled and then moved into jobs as a BA which I've been at for the last 5 years nearly. Sadly though I have no knowledge of business things and I've been on contract mostly the last few years so have switched around a bit. I'm in a permanent job just recently in the funds services industry and it's a struggle to learn the business end of things as I really have no interest unfortunately and keep making the Homer Simpson type groan in my head whenever anything is explained to me.

Comment

...
                                                                                              Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 22-04-15, 20:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                I wonder what Ronaldo's team mates think of him. He's spent the evening playing shit and whinging at his own team. Best player in the world me arse.
                                                                                                And has his own private celebration there. Narcissistic wanker.

Comment

Delighted for Chicarito.

Comment

...

Comment

If the ball was in play for 30 seconds of that injury time I'd be surprised.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Poxy sending off too.

Henry calling it Ronaldos goal cause he passed it. What a fucking nob.

Comment

Aren't you mid-to-late-thirties? You've got 30 years of work left! Man, I'd say its worth a bit of an effort to change into something new. Two incomes in the house, you can take a bit of a break to do a masters or something like that, do something you actually want to do. Not easy obviously as the cv looks a bit odd, but its doable.
                                                                                                          More late than mid sadly. There is no other job that I would want to start from scratch in either really unfortunately, never mind go back to college. I just suffer from a chronic case of apathy and laziness unfortunately, and I'm just having a whinge.

First world problems and all that.

Comment

Who in their right mind would hire a Chelsea fan for a train

Raoul, even a sighted squirrel has a bad nut day. Leave Ronnie alone , though he is no.2 in the world jmo Messi da man .

Great semi line up

Comment

How do train drivers sneeze ?

SPOILER
                                                                                                              ah chop choo, Tyvm, I'm opening for Careca every night

Comment

...

Comment

Only 25% of the week is spent in work; so as long as it supports you being happy for the other 75%...
                                                                                                                  Might be 25% for a lecturer.

168 hours in a week.
                                                                                                                  between leaving for work and getting home from work x 5 is around 53 hours typically for me. More than some, less than some.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                    I used to be in IT but stayed in a job for too long where I got deskilled and then moved into jobs as a BA which I've been at for the last 5 years nearly. Sadly though I have no knowledge of business things and I've been on contract mostly the last few years so have switched around a bit. I'm in a permanent job just recently in the funds services industry and it's a struggle to learn the business end of things as I really have no interest unfortunately and keep making the Homer Simpson type groan in my head whenever anything is explained to me.
                                                                                                                    Not much consolation but I'd imagine a huge % of people would sympathise with this.

Any interest in getting back on the IT train purely as a means to an end, would be easy for you to get back on track and that seems to be the gravy train for the foreseeable future.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                                        Not much consolation but I'd imagine a huge % of people would sympathise with this.

Any interest in getting back on the IT train purely as a means to an end, would be easy for you to get back on track and that seems to be the gravy train for the foreseeable future.
                                                                                                                        Not unless I can drive it

Comment

Work is the curse of the drinking classes - Oscar Wildestarpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X