This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    No one is trying to paint cigarettes as a risk-free way to deliver nicotine though.
    We actually know for 100% that fags cause cancer, but at least they're honest about it.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
        ah Ireland

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        We actually know for 100% that fags cause cancer, but at least they're honest about it.
        How many decades and billions have been put into tobacco research and the problems it causes, yet 3 new diseases were discovered this year caused by smoking. I don't even feel comfortable breathing in Dublin let alone putting anything else in my lungs

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Thoughts on business cards? I'm just about to chuck the few hundred I got made upon starting here in the bin, almost entirely unused.

Had been trying not to use them as it seems a ridic dated way of communicating.

But always seem to get caught with people giving me a card at conferences and there's that awkward moment where I thank them and pretend to look in my wallet for a business card to give them back that I know isn't there.

So, do people still use business cards?
          Outdated but I would generally have a least 1 meeting a month where everyone swaps cards for some reason
          The purchasing department where I work has a min order amount of 500 which is redic. Especially considering I changed title after 12 months.

Comment

I did ask stationery to print me 25 business cards once, thinking it was the sort of number that should last a few years as I rarely use them except for the odd swapsie at a meeting.
            A decade later I still have unopened 24 of the 25 boxes (x 100 cards) that they bizarrely ordered.

Comment

Strewelpeter?

Comment

Just Eat has a new competitor in Ireland that seems to have a slightly different range.

Must get this in from the Unicorn for lunch someday

Manzo, Foie Gras & Barolo
                Grilled fillet of Irish beef, served medium, with foie gras pâté sauté spinach, baby carrots, mashed potatoes, barolo sauce (G.)
                €31.95

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  ... for sale behind the counter in your chemist at a large multiple of the current price with limited stock and flavourings produced at the whim of GSK,J&J etc with their long history of failed NRT products.
                  Apples and Bananas.

The whole point is that people believe that a nicotine delivery system with a sucky sucky element is not designed as a way of breaking the nicotine addiction but intended instead to provide a safer cleaner delivery system. Gums and Patches are explicitly designed to assist addicts in weaning themselves off nicotine.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    Apples and Bananas.

The whole point is that people believe that a nicotine delivery system with a sucky sucky element is not designed as a way of breaking the nicotine addiction but intended instead to provide a safer cleaner delivery system. Gums and Patches are explicitly designed to assist addicts in weaning themselves off nicotine.
                    But what about the other parts of the addiction?

Comment

Apples and Bananas.

I started on 24mg nicotine juice , dropped to 12mgs , next bottle will be 6mgs, finally a bottle of zero nicotine which my friend is now on .
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Apples and Bananas.

You do realise that the pharma NRT people have over the years also tried to go down the 'sucky sucky' route as you dismissively call it?

Pharma have lost for whatever reason (combination of poor marketing, extortionate price point, insistence on selling only in chemists) and now want to dismantle the alternate method that has actually worked. Go figure.

Comment

Last week of work. Finished my handover documentation. 5 days left of trying to fake interest.
                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Cleaning up the office for the final exit and was looking in the welcoming stationary box. Two rulers, bluetak, pencil, a calculator. heh. Surprisingly easy to clean up an office when you work on a paper free policy.
                              Much respect for this. I work in a tech company with supposedly tech-savvy engineers, and some people still come into design reviews with print-outs. Drives me closer to going postal.

Comment

Thats my thought. Its just when you are in an environment where other people are giving you business cards. Didn't really think those environments existed, but they do actually seem surprisingly common
                                Their are two primary issues with business cards imo.

1. Minimum print run sizes and costs can be a little awkward.
                                2. People's ability to use their smartphones fully

The first issue means you end up with way more cards than you need and the second that you make a potential client feel awkward when they can't figure out how to take on board your contacts details easily. And then end up typing them in to their smartphone.

As a result I carry business cards and use them but I accept 100% that their are better more efficient options and grumble over the number of boxes of business cards I get each time my details change. Ultimately the client pays the cost and I don't make them feel like an idiot so I don't get too upset about it.

I'd give out 2-3 business cards a week on average.
                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

So, do people still use business cards?
                                  Got 100 printed a few years back when I was in college.
                                  Went to the pub and got super drunk and was just handing them out to hot girls that'd I'd randomly chat to with a new story to every card.

Worked well and was a top laugh. Would do again.
                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

The first issue means you end up with way more cards than you need and the second that you make a potential client feel awkward when they can't figure out how to take on board your contacts details easily. And then end up typing them in to their smartphone.
                                    It's just about the only thing that QR codes would be useful for. Linkedin should build it into their app.

Comment

Comment

Minor disturbance in the force today. Almost 50/50 split on my team regarding how to pronounce Almond. How about it, is the L silent for you?

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                          Minor disturbance in the force today. Almost 50/50 split on my team regarding how to pronounce Almond. How about it, is the L silent for you?
                                          No

Comment

Ahhh mond

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                              The L is silent.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                Their are two primary issues with business cards imo.

1. Minimum print run sizes and costs can be a little awkward.

As a result I carry business cards and use them but I accept 100% that their are better more efficient options and grumble over the number of boxes of business cards I get each time my details change. Ultimately the client pays the cost and I don't make them feel like an idiot so I don't get too upset about it.

I'd give out 2-3 business cards a week on average.
                                                QR codes on a business card that contain your contact information.

or
                                                Empowering business growth with Innovative QR Solutions. Generate secure QR Codes for an effective business connectivity. Elevate Your Digital Presence Now!

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                  No one uses QR codes though.

Comment

Can't decide which should die faster - QR Codes or iPoker.
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                      Do people still play? Cash or mtts?

I found a few euro on williamhill last night and crushed 2NL and a 50 cent turbo mtt haha

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                        iPoker m8

Comment

No one uses QR codes though.
                                                          Not with that attitude.

Comment

Not with that attitude.
                                                            If it worked automatically with a phone camera then maybe it might be useful, but no one is going to download a specific app for accessing marketing spam.

Comment

If it worked automatically with a phone camera then maybe it might be useful, but no one is going to download a specific app for accessing marketing spam.
                                                              Millions of people use the LinkedIn app already.

Comment

Comment

Cracked the screen on my beloved iPad. What is the best way to get it fixed and what is the likely turn around time?

Comment

They really struggled with this one:

Comment

oh linkedin app has a qr recognition thing? You'd think they'd also integrate QR generation for each profile then.
                                                                      no, it's an app for marketing spam.

Comment

no, it's an app for marketing spam.
                                                                        You're an app for marketing spam.

Comment

Anyone any experience with this crowd http://www.clearbraces.ie or similar?

Been wanting to get something done for years now and thinking of pulling the trigger on somthing along the lines of the above.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                              You're an app for marketing spam.
                                                                              So's your face.

Comment

The journal is a horrible site. Total muck. I'll uninstall the app and stop reading the comments any week now
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

http://www.thejournal.ie/30-hot-youn...urce=shortlink
                                                                                  Depressing article,particularly the line about Enda Kennys daughter being well placed to run for her father's seat if he retires,just like he took over his fathers seat back in the day

Comment

I can't take another month of the same sex marriage ref campaign. whatever the outcome I hope both sides shut the fuck up for a long time when it's all over

Comment

Comment

Not really a big fan of coconut oil, what else is good for high heat cooking? Almond oil?
                                                                                        Rapeseed Oil

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                          I can't take another month of the same sex marriage ref campaign. whatever the outcome I hope both sides shut the fuck up for a long time when it's all over
                                                                                          There is guaranteed to be one Irish referendum that could turn you off Irish politics forever. Mine was Lisbon 1/2, and because of it I've completely avoided the the current debate. And it doesn't really matter what side you're on, it's the extremists on both sides that will cause you to lose faith in the rationality of Irish people. Although the No side in these debates always seems to have a higher proportion of crazies (I'm assuming Coir et al have raised their ugly heads this time around as well).

Comment

Don't worry Denmark's got this one figured out:

Nikita Klaestrup - Conservative Student Politician.

****NSFW**** http://imgur.com/a/knGCv#6MnLtj6

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                              Fairly disappointing to be the guy asked to take the pic of all his colleagues

Well done Danny. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                                                                                                There is guaranteed to be one Irish referendum that could turn you off Irish politics forever. Mine was Lisbon 1/2, and because of it I've completely avoided the the current debate. And it doesn't really matter what side you're on, it's the extremists on both sides that will cause you to lose faith in the rationality of Irish people. Although the No side in these debates always seems to have a higher proportion of crazies (I'm assuming Coir et al have raised their ugly heads this time around as well).
                                                                                                Oh way more loons on the no side,no doubt, doesn't make some of the yes side any less grating though. Hope yes wins, if it goes the other way the Internet will crash from all 'I'm ashamed to be Irish ' tweets

Comment

Nice little side earner here, Hitch. Fair play http://www.irishtimes.com/news/educa...hour-1.2181603

Comment

Official Trailer #2 for Jurassic World.Out on 3D, Blu-ray and DVD now: http://po.st/JWAmazonhttp://www.jurassicworldmovie.co.ukSteven Spielberg returns to e...
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                      Raoul Duke getting his monies worth
                                                                                                      Jaysis. barely got out alive tbf
                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        Jaysis. barely got out alive tbf
                                                                                                        did ya get wet?

did you throw up a little when habana got the intercept?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                          did ya get wet?

did you throw up a little when habana got the intercept?
                                                                                                          Yes to both. Absolutely pissed down before the game but shure feck it. We were at the end with ALL the Toulon support. Good craic. All in agreement that Wayne Barnes is a cunt.

Neither team deserve to win a cup based on that muck.

Sitting in Brussels airport hungover and scrofulous. Good times.
                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just Eat has a new competitor in Ireland that seems to have a slightly different range.

Must get this in from the Unicorn for lunch someday
                                                                                                            https://deliveroo.ie/menu/dublin/dublin-2/unicorn
                                                                                                            Kinda fucked if you arent in a 1 mile area
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                              Kinda fucked if you arent in a 1 mile area
                                                                                                              We'll stick to the spice bag m8 wha
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                Oh way more loons on the no side,no doubt, doesn't make some of the yes side any less grating though. Hope yes wins, if it goes the other way the Internet will crash from all 'I'm ashamed to be Irish ' tweets
                                                                                                                Just wait for the abortion referendum. It's coming. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                  Don't worry Denmark's got this one figured out:

Nikita Klaestrup - Conservative Student Politician.

****NSFW**** http://imgur.com/a/knGCv#6MnLtj6
                                                                                                                  Poland ain't quaking in their boots either, one more for reference

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                                    Cracked the screen on my beloved iPad. What is the best way to get it fixed and what is the likely turn around time?
                                                                                                                    Probably best to drop it into a repair shop near you and it will be down in a couple minutes I'd imagine while you shoot off to grab a coffee.

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                                    Was having a nice little nap when your twitter notification woke me up awesone to get a mention in there up against some of the best in the business! Met that Carlos Monti guy at the PCA last year for the first time and truly humbled when he stopped me in the middle of the tournament area and complemented me on my work he had seen over the last while. Only thinking the other day of some of my favourite poker photos I've taken -

That Kevin Killeen winner photo is probably up there for me as probably one of my absolute favourites!

Isai Scheinberg aka Mr PokerStars winning a trophy at UKIPT Isle of Man caused a bit of stress for me, was out taking photos at the players party and got a call that Isai was heads up & probably going to win the event, also the place was absolutely packed with PS staff so knew if he won there was going to be madness!!! Nick O'Hara was TD'ing but he got a heads up off Toby Stone that there wasn't to be much celebrating cue the victory and he got such a rapturous applause from everybody in the venue, had planned on keeping it low key but a few of the staff wanted to get in the photo & I just thought "fuck it if there's going to be some why not have them all" holler out "anybody who wants in the photo please come & get in it" also wasn't 100% sure if I was going to be allowed to release the photo because there actually isn't that many real life pics of him but the next day got the go ahead from the PS bigwigs that it was all good, so many of the staff & head honchos asked me for their own private copy of this photo, Kirsty Thompson relayed to me that Isai was very pleased with the photo it's not everyday you get to photograph a billionaire!

Ronaldo one was just great timing -

Some of the places I've got to see have been spectacular -

Crazy busy at times -

Last edited by tylerdurden94; 20-04-15, 19:29.
                                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                      The journal is a horrible site. Total muck. I'll uninstall the app and stop reading the comments any week now
                                                                                                                      Do the writers get paid by page views or do they have a quota of articles to churn out? Grinding out those "10 things from Fr Ted that happened in real life" lists much be grim.

Comment

Do the writers get paid by page views or do they have a quota of articles to churn out? Grinding out those "10 things from Fr Ted that happened in real life" lists much be grim.
                                                                                                                        They don't even deserve jobbridge. I'd say a computer spits out the " 50 best things about Irish mammies used to say in the 90's when you were hungover' articles (and of course the ones consisting entirely of GIFS.

Comment

Graham Dwyer murder trial story on at ten on tv3.
                                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X