This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHD View Post
    Remember when people used to buy a few different craft beers and post pics of them on a Friday?

IPB Nostalgia.
    Remember when people used pretend to love Pep and Barca. They'd all log on and pretend to know about football

IPB Nostalgia.

Comment

I love this gif

SPOILER

http://i.imgur.com/SZ61xzQ.gifv -Click the link for a faster version.

First time watch it just normally for a great play etc

Second time watch it normally but at the end watch the fan on the far right behind the barrier

and BEST time, watch the guy with the red sleeves throughout

Spoilered as it takes a while to load fully. The things you enjoy at 4am after a few brewskies eh
      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

At first I thought you linked the gif. Was a bit meh.
        Then I seen the phone, and the drink, and a few random people being weird.
        Then I seen the guy in red and blue...and it was like...the Keyser Soze reveal all over again.

Comment

Gifs eh.

Technology. What a time to be alive.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
            Finally managed to buy a car today. 2 things

2) car buying is remarkably unsatisfying.
            It is if you're buying a remarkably unsatisfying car.

Comment

@kayroo: thoughts on yesterday's Supreme Court ruling? Seems very significant and negative to me.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                Watch out for the exempt developments regs.
                Probably 25m2 max floor area, unless you already have a shed or similar in the garden.
                If an existing shed was on the original PP it can be ignored.
                Yeah, already have two sheds, one of which I'll be knocking down to make the space. 25m2 would be massive, no way will it be anywhere near that.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

6 Years of no payments and zero contact

Court grants them another 4 months before repossession order will be enforced.

@Kayroo, what was that programme you referenced last night? Would I find it online?

Comment

Need advice on a new TV show to watch..... I've seen

Sopranos
                    The Wire
                    BB
                    The Shield
                    Better Call Saul
                    Homeland
                    Sons of Anarchy
                    Suits
                    True Detective

Something similar to the above would be great. Was thinking Covert Affairs or Justified?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

Sopranos
                      The Wire
                      BB
                      The Shield
                      Better Call Saul
                      Homeland
                      Sons of Anarchy
                      Suits
                      True Detective

Something similar to the above would be great. Was thinking Covert Affairs or Justified?
                      Gomorrah
                      Generation kill

Comment

Sopranos
                        The Wire
                        BB
                        The Shield
                        Better Call Saul
                        Homeland
                        Sons of Anarchy
                        Suits
                        True Detective

Rescue Me
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

rescue me or justified.
                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Sopranos
                            The Wire
                            BB
                            The Shield
                            Better Call Saul
                            Homeland
                            Sons of Anarchy
                            Suits
                            True Detective

Breaking Bad

Comment

GTA V for PC is glorious. But I need a new graphics card. :-/
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

wonder what my 560ti would be like with it. Must buy a new pc some time.

Comment

Sopranos
                                  The Wire
                                  BB
                                  The Shield
                                  Better Call Saul
                                  Homeland
                                  Sons of Anarchy
                                  Suits
                                  True Detective

Oz just started on CBS last week I forgot how good it was! This rough going tho
                                  https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                    wonder what my 560ti would be like with it. Must buy a new pc some time.
                                    VRAM seems to be the biggest limiter. 2GB is needed to run it at standard resolutions.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Sopranos
                                      The Wire
                                      BB
                                      The Shield
                                      Better Call Saul
                                      Homeland
                                      Sons of Anarchy
                                      Suits
                                      True Detective

Justified is well worth it, esp. if you like Walton Goggins from The Shield. Justified tends to be a bit hit and miss with a lot of people, but I really like it.

If you like Timothy Olyphant (sp?) in Justified then Deadwood is also very good, although it was cut short at 3 seasons.

I'd also suggest Season 1 of Fargo, if only to watch Billy Bob Thornton as one of the most psychotic villains ever on a TV show.

Option also would be to branch out to the Scandi shows, maybe The Killing. Or Borgen, if you like political dramas (sort of like a Danish West Wing).

Comment

Thanks for all the replies lads that's great.

I like the sound of Fargo and Rescue Me so will check those out.

Special mention for Kim who didn't realise BB is Breaking Bad

Comment

Cork girls body found they think.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                            GTA V for PC is glorious. But I need a new graphics card. :-/
                                            I hope my laptop can handle it!!! gutted otherwise

Comment

Sopranos
                                              The Wire
                                              BB
                                              The Shield
                                              Better Call Saul
                                              Homeland
                                              Sons of Anarchy
                                              Suits
                                              True Detective

Vikings

Comment

Thanks for all the replies lads that's great.

I like the sound of Fargo and Rescue Me so will check those out.

Special mention for Kim who didn't realise BB is Breaking Bad
                                                I think he thought it was Big Brother.

What about GOT?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                      it seems the Greeks might be leaving us.

They're doing their best to do so

Comment

Do they have the balls to default?
                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

In layman terms, were Ireland at some point on a par with Greece in terms of fuckedness? Is it just the contrast in management of the issue that has led us to where we are now compared to where Greece now see themselves or were there also uncontrollable factors which led to Greece's problem significantly worsening?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                              Do they have the balls to default?

They don't have the brains to not.

Comment

Comment

We weren't really comparable. Ireland has a modern economy with some of the highest foreign investment in the world that was temporarily fucked over by the crisis, whereas Greece really doesn't have anything. Their reforms are like rubbing the turd off a diamond, only to discover its not a diamond underneath after all, just more turd.
                                                                  'They' also refuse to pay tax.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Getting some nice developments from an all-staff reply sent to uni last week saying something along the lines of 'why are you sending out this nonsense'.

Quite a few emails in response. Then the prof in question went on to facebook to call me anti-intellectual. (something I was sent by a local councillor, soon to be local td after the next election). Then today the campus newspaper contacted me. The thoughts I've just sent them will almost certainly cause a minor rupture when the prof in question reads them.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                          I love this gif

SPOILER

http://i.imgur.com/SZ61xzQ.gifv -Click the link for a faster version.

First time watch it just normally for a great play etc

Second time watch it normally but at the end watch the fan on the far right behind the barrier

and BEST time, watch the guy with the red sleeves throughout

Spoilered as it takes a while to load fully. The things you enjoy at 4am after a few brewskies eh
                                                                          Do the fans put the ball into his glove too?

Comment

Sopranos
                                                                            The Wire
                                                                            BB
                                                                            The Shield
                                                                            Better Call Saul
                                                                            Homeland
                                                                            Sons of Anarchy
                                                                            Suits
                                                                            True Detective

Southland.

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                            Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                            rescue me or justified.
                                                                            The fall off in quality from Rescue Me is astonishing, I'd highly avoid it.
                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Is there any way to find out the number of employees based in various offices in Dublin without contacting the companies directly?

Comment

PP still 3/1 for anyone looking to hedge their Grexit bets

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                  Is there any way to find out the number of employees based in various offices in Dublin without contacting the companies directly?
                                                                                  If you had a contact in revenue i would assume its simple enough for them to drill down through employers ?
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                    Not sure if this will help, considering how you phrased the question, as it gives total employee volume rather than location:

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                      Not sure if this will help, considering how you phrased the question, as it gives total employee volume rather than location:

https://www.top1000.ie/
                                                                                      If I've compiled list of companies/offices in a given location (in Dublin) I'd ideally like to be able to look up how many employees are based in each one. Was hoping there'd be some resource or database online.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                        Is 666 site going the FTP route? Don't quite understand. Are monies safe?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

There's two databases that do this: Kompass and FAME. FAME is best, but harder to find access to outside of unis. I guess Kompass can be accessed via some public libraries.
                                                                                              This sounds like what I'm looking for - cheers. Re: FAME - if I have someone's college login details would I be able to access it from home or would I have to be on campus? I'd rather not have to resort to ringing individual offices pretending to do a survey or something.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                In layman terms, were Ireland at some point on a par with Greece in terms of fuckedness? Is it just the contrast in management of the issue that has led us to where we are now compared to where Greece now see themselves or were there also uncontrollable factors which led to Greece's problem significantly worsening?
                                                                                                I'm sure there's hundreds of factors but there's one obvious big one: A couple of our primary industries were mostly unaffected by the recession (IT and pharma).

Comment

...
                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 16-04-15, 13:43.

Comment

Local pub has a three euro beer promo for the afternoon drinker. They're really targeting a niche among the general IFSC population. Trying to help their courageousness pay off. Clonmel 1650 - a beer effort from Bulmers. Highly decent, seems very smooth compared to, say, Heineken.
                                                                                                    Not quite as niche as the small group that attempts to deal heroin to commuters outside Tara street station.

Comment

You can access off campus. What college is it? Think it might be only the seven unis that have it.

Edit: if you go to the library webpage, then scroll through the database page, you'll see it under F. Just type in the name of the co and it'll give you everything. Also if you have college login you'll be able to access Kompass too, in case info isn't available on FAME.
                                                                                                      I can get my sister's Trinity login details and try access it online. Sounds like exactly the resource I'm looking for, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                        Cork girls body found they think.
                                                                                                        Had to Google that as haven't been online much, went drinking with her a few times as had a few friends in common. Lovely girl, also was big into travelling which I couldn't help but love. Fucking fuckity fuck. So much scum in this world
                                                                                                        Last edited by mdoug; 16-04-15, 15:42.
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I also had a mini heart attack as I used to know another girl with the same name very well who is also from Cork.

I really want to just kill the scum in the world. That can be my job. adfhjsdfioghjsdfghsdfh
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...

Comment

Mornin
                                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...

Comment

Going to go out on a beer-influenced limb here and guess that the guy arrested for that murder is eventually uncovered as a serial killer. The car crash in his youth possibly knocking out parts of his prefrontal cortex and turning him into a Phineas Gage type character.
                                                                                                                  Is there a few unsolved murders over there?

Comment

Taggart has been dead a few years now.
                                                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

...

Comment

Officer Eddie: (reading CHD's license) Well well, CHD, from Bray.
                                                                                                                        Officer Lou: I heard some guy got killed in Bray and they never solved the case. But you wouldn't know anything about that now, would you, CHD?
                                                                                                                        (Lou and Eddie laugh)
                                                                                                                        CHD: But there are hundreds of unsolved murders in Bray.
                                                                                                                        Officer Lou: You don't know when to keep your mouth shut, do you, Chaddy Boy?

Comment

21 would be pretty young for a serial killer. Though at 21 he is already a director of a company. The nightclub would be an odd choice if premeditated imo.

You have to be concerned about someone who is sober in a nightclub at 3am if not working there. Well either sober or took his car and drove home drunk.

Thankfully all the skull injuries in my youth have not led me down the serial killer path.
                                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X