This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
    Loving the new jimmy rustling psv. What's for brekkie m8?
    Cheerios, feel like shit now

Comment

This is quite funny , how you mishear lyrics.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        Cliffs
        I'm sure it's online somewhere. Your man kept shifting position, butting in and not allowing her to answer the question asked, when he didn't like where it was going. Tried to corner her a number of times but ended up in the corner himself.
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          'Leveraging what we have is only tactical, its not strategic'

Translation I am going to sit on the 1960's technology I'm already using and pretend I want to get the latest tech but I will only jump straight to the fantasy sci fi future tech that will beam money straight into my demented brain

Fuck off you fucking idiot
          Remember in order for him to ease his nerves he was told to imagine the audience is naked. Yes he is imagining YOU naked. So give him break poor lad.
          btw Did you tell him ATMs will soon be a thing of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
            I'm sure it's online somewhere. Your man kept shifting position, butting in and not allowing her to answer the question asked, when he didn't like where it was going. Tried to corner her a number of times but ended up in the corner himself.
            Best word to describe him is a twerp.
            Last edited by Guest; 14-04-15, 09:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
              Remember in order for him to ease his nerves he was told to imagine the audience is naked. Yes he is imagining YOU naked. So give him break poor lad.
              btw Did you tell him ATMs will soon be a thing of the past.
              This reminds me. ATM seems very much in the past for me now. Last time I used one was maybe 4 / 5 months ago now. Just don't carry cash either, kinda liberating really, as just use the card for all transactions... Its the done thing here doncha know. Not sure if I could get away with that in Dublin but I suppose there is no reason why not except for bank transaction fees.
              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                This reminds me. ATM seems very much in the past for me now. Last time I used one was maybe 4 / 5 months ago now. Just don't carry cash either, kinda liberating really, as just use the card for all transactions... Its the done thing here doncha know. Not sure if I could get away with that in Dublin but I suppose there is no reason why not except for bank transaction fees.
                Spose the broader question is, when will physical money cease to be in circulation .

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                  With contactless payments I only use cash for pubs/restaurants now, and although the latter seems to get funny reactions.
                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 14-04-15, 11:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    With contactless payments I only use cash for pubs/restaurants now, and the latter seems to get funny reactions.
                    Wouldn't mind doing that but out of spite don't want to let AIB get their hands on the 20c ( or is it 30 now?) per transaction fee. not balla enough to leave 2.5k sitting in my current a/c for free banking

Comment

Oh sweet divine mother of the lamplighting jaysus...
                      or

Oh sweet divine mother of the lantern jaysus...

I prefer lantern jesus.
                      He sounds badass
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Oh sweet divine mother of the lamplighting jaysus...
                        Doing a ridic expensive presentation this morning up till 1 am and back at 7 am setting up. First prospect eventually arrives two hours late led by an Anglo dude who begins by doing his Irish accent ' Ah begorragh' and has now decided that that the best way to deal with the paddies is by interrupting every idea to tell us how he is already doing it better
                        It sounds like you are struggling with setting the ATMs up properly.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          or

Oh sweet divine mother of the lantern jaysus...

I prefer lantern jesus.
                          He sounds badass
                          Sounds better when you say it in Dublinese.

Holy Lanterdn Jaysus,
                          I'm going to a Funerdl
                          I'll crack you across the head with an Irdon bar.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                            Sounds better when you say it in Dublinese.

Holy Lanterdn Jaysus,
                            I'm going to a Funerdl
                            I'll crack you across the head with a bit of wavin pipe.
                            fixed the last one there Gorrrodn.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              It sounds like you are struggling with setting the ATMs up properly.
                              No problems on my side, I was ready to go on Saturday been mostly swimming in the sea and hanging around in the sun since. Our mutual friends latest protege is filling in for him here. Annoying and all as yer man is you can see how his pain in the arse meticulousness pays off when you see someone else attempting the same thing in a not quite so polished presentation.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

i'm sure i've read in here before about interrailing, can anybody direct me to best sites for info on it and give me some ideas for routes, best places to see and best things to do ?

Comment

Went back to sleep and missed all of five posts. Slackers
                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Sausage sambo TR Andy m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                        Sausage sambo TR Andy m8
                                        Shit sorry I keep forgetting. I had one in the Country Cafe on Ormond Quay this morning. It was massive. Totally turned the day around.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                          Shit sorry I keep forgetting. I had one in the Country Cafe on Ormond Quay this morning. It was massive. Totally turned the day around.
                                          Bitta sausage always turns the day around m8.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                            I'd say no thanks,I'll have a BJ per week for the next 12 weeks
                                            Hope you remember to pay in full, on receipt. None of this freeloading sh*te.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              Yes. It's grand but we tend to rent places rather than stay in hotels for lebensraum purposes.
                                              May not be appropriate if you mind your youngest being swept off by the river which runs through the property, but Brook Cottage in Rathdrum, Wicklow is a magical place. I have never experienced a more tranquil place in my life:

Comment

Anyone else got a craving for a game of werewolf again yet?
                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Is 666 site going the FTP route? Don't quite understand. Are monies safe?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                    May not be appropriate if you mind your youngest being swept off by the river which runs through the property, but Brook Cottage in Rathdrum, Wicklow is a magical place. I have never experienced a more tranquil place in my life:
                                                    http://www.holidayhomesdirect.ie/12567/
                                                    Would Dwight Schrute enjoy it ? (whoever makes the connection get's a doggie biscuit)

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                      Is 666 site going the FTP route? Don't quite understand. Are monies safe?

Comment

Kick Ronaldo around and make him cry great big baby tears plz
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Trying to book flights home for a wedding in August, damn Calgary and its airline cul de sac status. Gonna cost me a decent chunk.

Better to book now? Or how long should I wait before leaving to get optimal pricing?
                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Kick Ronaldo around and make him cry great big baby tears plz
                                                            The Ref is already under pressure , Deffo a sending off in this game, get some bobs on
                                                            Simone ready to explode (although he's normally like that ) great game so far though.

Comment

Real should be completely out of sight here

Comment

There was a few people arrested over here relating to this which I think is a £21m VAT fraud from what I had read anyway.

Comment

The Ref is already under pressure , Deffo a sending off in this game, get some bobs on
                                                                  Simone ready to explode (although he's normally like that ) great game so far though.
                                                                  Actually think the ref has been very good so far. Good auld game. Athletico fans are great.

Comment

Beds. I vaguely recall some discussion of them in here a few months ago. What was the net point? I want something long lasting, comfortable, king size. What is a reasonable budget which will get me something good but where I won't be getting mugged off?

Comment

The moment you have been awaiting for has arrived. Last and final fire sale with a once in a lifetime opportunity for an enterprising young entrepreneur with ready cash available.

If you can take it off my hands in the next 40 hours, I'll sell you a 141 registered, 1.6l Diesel Ford Focus Edge Van (commercial so two seats) with less than 7k kilometres on the clock for just €14k inc. Vat. Still has 12 months manufacturers warranty on it, and given the fact that the cheapest similar model on Carzone is listed at €16,500 with 4 times the mileage there's more than just a bargain to be had.

Would suit someone wit their own business looking to reduce their tax bill and/or offset Vat costs or indeed someone willing to buy and then sell it on with time on their hands for a quick profit

It's the sale of the fucking century!
                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

€500 offered

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                          The moment you have been awaiting for has arrived. Last and final fire sale with a once in a lifetime opportunity for an enterprising young entrepreneur with ready cash available.

If you can take it off my hands in the next 40 hours, I'll sell you a 141 registered, 1.6l Diesel Ford Focus Edge Van (commercial so two seats) with less than 7k kilometres on the clock for just €14k inc. Vat. Still has 12 months manufacturers warranty on it, and given the fact that the cheapest similar model on Carzone is listed at €16,500 with 4 times the mileage there's more than just a bargain to be had.

Would suit someone wit their own business looking to reduce their tax bill and/or offset Vat costs or indeed someone willing to buy and then sell it on with time on their hands for a quick profit

Iago the man picking up your beds tmrw is in the car game. Have a word and he may be interested in the car or sell it for you.
                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

This is a no brainer for someone who has their own company, doesn't need back seats, is happy with a Focus and pays higher rate tax. You'll reduce your motoring costs by ~70%.

SPOILER
                                                                            I charge 15% commission Iago

Comment

decent humble bundle up at the moment
                                                                              Pay what you want. Support charity. Get awesome games.
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

As good a 0-0 game as you'll see, fantastic commitment on both sides.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

@Iago is that NAS still available?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                    As good a 0-0 game as you'll see, fantastic commitment on both sides.
                                                                                    Atletico such an admirable team.

I won't even trot out my old Ronaldo line (but didn't spot him much in the 2nd half )

Comment

Heading down to Port Elizabeth for the weekend and just booked two nights in this really nice Raddison Blu and hired a corolla from Friday afternoon to Sunday night for less than €170. Whats the catch?

Is the Rand even deeper in the shit than the Euro maybe?
                                                                                      You couldn't buy anything in the shops in Qatar with Euro at the moment and I expected it to be the same there.
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Atletico such an admirable team.

I won't even trot out my old Ronaldo line (but didn't spot him much in the 2nd half )
                                                                                        Whatever about Ronaldo, I would have bet my house that Rodriguez had been taken off at half time but it seems he lasted the 90!

Comment

@Iago is that NAS still available?
                                                                                          Sorry, it's gone.

Only a few small things left (excepting the car) and tomorrow they'll either be sold/given away/thrown away too.

I'd like to say the whole process is cathartic but I think that's only true if a) you give it all away or b) after the fact and when you're no longer dealing with people who make offers/expressions of interest and then just don't bother replying to messages or who want you to take 'a few milk bottle tops & a packet of Tayto' in exchange for a piece of equipment that's worth hundreds of Euro.

The things I gave to family were easy, but given our ambitious plan of reducing a household worth of stuff to two suitcases each I wonder would we have been better off foregoing any monies we got in exchange for the zero stress option of a very large skip!

Comment

...
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                              Apparently there's also a referendum on the age to be president in May.

Its an odd constitution we have; just how controlling it is of seemingly irrelevant things.
                                                                                              Dev. It's got Dev written all over it. The cunt did us all a favour by making it bastard hard to change, but simultaneously screwed us by filling it with shite.

Comment

Sorry, it's gone.

Only a few small things left (excepting the car) and tomorrow they'll either be sold/given away/thrown away too.

I'd like to say the whole process is cathartic but I think that's only true if a) you give it all away or b) after the fact and when you're no longer dealing with people who make offers/expressions of interest and then just don't bother replying to messages or who want you to take 'a few milk bottle tops & a packet of Tayto' in exchange for a piece of equipment that's worth hundreds of Euro.

The things I gave to family were easy, but given our ambitious plan of reducing a household worth of stuff to two suitcases each I wonder would we have been better off foregoing any monies we got in exchange for the zero stress option of a very large skip!
                                                                                                Did you get rid of that big load of booze?

Comment

Apparently there's also a referendum on the age to be president in May.

The radio/TV debates on that one will be fun, hard to see how anyone could make an interesting or coherent case against it yet presumably half of any air time will have to be given to the No side.
                                                                                                  Actually theres probably a lot of potential screentime there for an overachiever like yourself if you can be the leading face on the No side (possibly focus on all the destruction Alexander and Genghis did in their 20s when given a bit of power)

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                    Did you get rid of that big load of booze?
                                                                                                    Yep, for a fraction of the worth. If I remember correctly think it went for €120 or so

Comment

Dev. It's got Dev written all over it. The cunt did us all a favour by making it bastard hard to change, but simultaneously screwed us by filling it with shite.
                                                                                                      LOL!

It's one of the most astonishing achievements of our nation and it is massively under-appreciated. It is somewhat a creature of its time but in many ways was incredibly forward in its thinking.

Honestly one of the most creative, inclusive and wonderful things we've ever done.
                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                            LOL!

It's one of the most astonishing achievements of our nation and it is massively under-appreciated. It is somewhat a creature of its time but in many ways was incredibly forward in its thinking.

Honestly one of the most creative, inclusive and wonderful things we've ever done.
                                                                                                            man you wanna see the shit we did before Cromwell murdered us .

Comment

Nah people just say things like that. It's really not. What type of research would you say they put into whether, say, 34, 35, or 36 was the right cut off? A good constitution should just set out broad ideas, not try to micromanage every step of future generations. The people who wrote the Irish constitution had very little faith in the future people of Ireland.
                                                                                                              I am talking about the Constitution as a whole. Read Dermot Keogh's book "The Making of the Irish Constitution" or the absolutely amazing "The Origins of the Irish Constitution 1928-1941" by Court of Appeal Judge Gerard Hogan.

To quote Dermot Keogh's book in particular:

Originally posted by Dermot Keogh
                                                                                                              [N]o aspect of the draft Constitution received so much time or was examined in such minute detail as those articles relating to the presidency, with three of the five days at committee stage devoted to it
                                                                                                              Also a Constitution, by design, is a document designed to give absolute power to the State, and then immediately limit how that power is used. This was written in 1935/6. Think about who else was setting up shop around Europe in this period. Ireland chose a different path; one which, in it's time, was a radical departure from the prevailing theories of the time. It is an enormous testament to this country that we chose this for ourselves and that people like De Valera didn't seize upon the chance to rule absolutely.

So your entire post is, fundamentally, baseless nonsense. But I suppose people just say things like that.

Comment

NO to young chimp presidents
                                                                                                                YES to same sex marraiges
                                                                                                                NO to same sex divorces (get outa here ya punks, are ye kidding me?)

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                  I am talking about the Constitution as a whole. Read Dermot Keogh's book "The Making of the Irish Constitution" or the absolutely amazing "The Origins of the Irish Constitution 1928-1941" by Court of Appeal Judge Gerard Hogan.

To quote Dermot Keogh's book in particular:

Also a Constitution, by design, is a document designed to give absolute power to the State, and then immediately limit how that power is used. This was written in 1935/6. Think about who else was setting up shop around Europe in this period. Ireland chose a different path; one which, in it's time, was a radical departure from the prevailing theories of the time. It is an enormous testament to this country that we chose this for ourselves and that people like De Valera didn't seize upon the chance to rule absolutely.

So your entire post is, fundamentally, baseless nonsense. But I suppose people just say things like that.
                                                                                                                  Seriously a runner in any universe ? It would have lasted one hour.

Comment

Seriously a runner in any universe ? It would have lasted one hour.
                                                                                                                    People were genuinely terrified it might happen here. They changed some aspects of the Constitution to limit the ability of the Executive function to be transferred to the President to stop Fianna Fail from doing so once Dev was elected even though it's quite clear that was never his intention.

It's hard to conceive of something like that now but in the context of the time it was a live issue.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Any idea what they discussed in those 3-5 days on the presidency age? Why they felt a need to prescribe that? Nice closer by the way. You should consider a law-talking gig
                                                                                                                          There were dozens of drafts over the course of the drafting. The original provision was significantly longer than the current Art 12.4 and the only surviving limitation was the age limit. They genuinely discussed every facet of the Constitution in those meetings and everything was poured over. I have a lot of the source material here but not, alas, the minutes of the Constitutional committee.

I think they're in Hogan's book but my copy is currently residing with a friend of mine and not at home with me so I cannot check. However, I think it's clear that they discussed it and gave it due consideration. Unless you have evidence to the contrary I'm happy to take Dr. Keogh's well-researched word for it.

Glad you liked my closing line

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X