Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harbor Shores—the site of the Senior PGA Championship. In a course opening exhibition with Jack Nicklaus, Tom Watson, Arnold Palmer and Johnny Miller, Jack s...
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
      It's an election stunt. It should never be allowed to happen. You wouldn't believe how many people have been living in houses without paying a single penny of their mortgage for years. Not months, years.

It's genuinely astounding.
      I would believe it, I know a few, its fucking unreal and it gets pretty much no coverage in the media

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        I would believe it, I know a few, its fucking unreal and it gets pretty much no coverage in the media
        Whats for lunch mate? Had Hungarian goulash me.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
          Whats for lunch mate? Had Hungarian goulash me.
          Chana masala m8. Sliding into veggie-ism

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Fairly certain I'm going to go through life not being able to tell the difference between fan and conventional ovens.
              A bit of a ronseal question surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                If you were to completely stop paying your mortgage in the morning how long would it take for you to be kicked out of the house.
                Somewhere in the region of 18 months-2 years to get the repossession order. Order usually has a stay of 3-6 months and once that expires they have to send the sheriff out to seize the house which is normally done by appointment and that can take another 6-8 weeks once the Bank actually decide to take their house back.

At any point during this time you can try and reach an agreement with your Bank too. There are very few people who are having repossession orders given against them who are genuinely trying to engage with their lenders. It does happen but lenders want money, not property. They'd rather you paid something than them having to pay lawyers to recover a property and then go to the expense of selling it.
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Chana masala m8. Sliding into veggie-ism
                  Oh god haven't had that in ages, will rectify shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                    Oh god haven't had that in ages, will rectify shortly.
                    Ordered a load of spice mixes off greensaffron.com (some place in Cork) recently. You then use them in some really easy recipes ( lots of ginger and garlic) they have on the site. It's all nice but the red lentil Dahl and chana masala have been the standouts so far. Trying to cut back meat consumption to just quality stuff and less often

Comment

As I understand it, the proposed measure is not going to award a free mortgage restructuring to people who could afford to pay if they were bothered. It's so hard to tell though, because we're reading journalistically spun reports on a politically spun announcement.

The spectrum of people who could afford to pay a restructured mortgage but are likely to become homeless if repossessed seems like it should be narrow enough to avoid obvious abuses. Am I not being cynical enough here?
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

From the pin,Could be worth a signature, it would be nice if this viewpoint got some airtime. If that David hall gets a platform then why shouldn't there be some balance

Comment

Ordered a load of spice mixes off greensaffron.com (some place in Cork) recently. You then use them in some really easy recipes ( lots of ginger and garlic) they have on the site. It's all nice but the red lentil Dahl and chana masala have been the standouts so far. Trying to cut back meat consumption to just quality stuff and less often
                          Ah love red lentil dahl, I buy 2kg bags of lentils from the asian supermarkets in town and make them into dahl, it's amazing stuff.

Will check out that site cheers.

Comment

Tar, what kind of cheese substitutes can you eat?

Is there anything Halloumi/Paneer esque?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                              Ah love red lentil dahl, I buy 2kg bags of lentils from the asian supermarkets in town and make them into dahl, it's amazing stuff.

Will check out that site cheers.
                              Ah I'd say you can get the spices individually a lot cheaper elsewhere, it's just the convenience having it pre mixed, and the quality v what you get in a supermarket,which is what I'm restricted to

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                Good time to be graduating, hard to find decent candidates at the moment. What are you graduating in? Tech and business roles very hot right now.
                                that's encouraging to hear. Graduating with a BA in economics in sociology, looking to apply for business/finance type roles.
                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  Tar, what kind of cheese substitutes can you eat?

Is there anything Halloumi/Paneer esque?
                                  Hmm there are hundreds of fake cheeses, but I've never had something like halloumi. I'd probably have to look up a vegan halloumi recipe (making "cheese" is quite fun) or order from elsewhere in europe or the US for that. Hamlloumi has a great taste but it's easily replicated I'd say. Have had vegan paneer, tasted the same, was homemade by a dublin woman. never saw any for sale before. Govindas have replaced their paneer dishes with tofu, wouldn't really mind the difference tbh. I think the woman probably jsut copied a paneer recipe but curdled a milk alternative like soy milk instead.

Ah I'd say you can get the spices individually a lot cheaper elsewhere, it's just the convenience having it pre mixed, and the quality v what you get in a supermarket,which is what I'm restricted to
                                  Ahh kk I get you, keep it up anyway, Indian food is amazing, here is some indian/chinese food I've made in recent times, nomnom. I recommend buying massaman curry paste and cooking it with coconut milk

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                    As I understand it, the proposed measure is not going to award a free mortgage restructuring to people who could afford to pay if they were bothered. It's so hard to tell though, because we're reading journalistically spun reports on a politically spun announcement.

The spectrum of people who could afford to pay a restructured mortgage but are likely to become homeless if repossessed seems like it should be narrow enough to avoid obvious abuses. Am I not being cynical enough here?
                                    This idea that there are 10s of thousands in a binary situation of keep house I can't afford vs be homeless is pretty laughable.

Everyone seems to be happy to tell young people with no part of the blame for the housing bubble to fuck off out to Kildare if they can't afford to rent in Ballsbridge. The people who actually made the stupid decisions to overborrow are going to be told we'll pay for you to stay in Ballsbridge while we sit in traffic on the Naas road every morning.

Surely, the people who are in houses they can't afford are just as capable of moving to somewhere they can afford to rent as I am?

Comment

Don't post here much but wondering is anyone up for playing astroturf in santry at 7. We're stuck for 2 people.
                                      "Think of what your opponent wants you to do, and then do the opposite"

Comment

new alabama shakes album is out!!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                          This idea that there are 10s of thousands in a binary situation of keep house I can't afford vs be homeless is pretty laughable.

Everyone seems to be happy to tell young people with no part of the blame for the housing bubble to fuck off out to Kildare if they can't afford to rent in Ballsbridge. The people who actually made the stupid decisions to overborrow are going to be told we'll pay for you to stay in Ballsbridge while we sit in traffic on the Naas road every morning.

Surely, the people who are in houses they can't afford are just as capable of moving to somewhere they can afford to rent as I am?
                                          You seem to be under the delusion that fairness is a relevant factor in this.
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Still waiting on your next sausages sambo trip report m8.

Comment

This may be the water charges of the (actual) working classes, who knows!

Anyway, the point I wanted to get across was that I personally don't give a shit - couldn't give less of a shit in fact - about whether someone isn't paying their mortgage because they won't vs isn't paying their mortgage because they can't.

In either case they should be told shag off out of the house and rent somewhere you can afford like the rest of us chumps.

Comment

I saw a spot last week where a rent to buy mortgage was repossessed from the holder. House has a sitting tenant living there and paying rent (which was more than the mortgage ) and the bank are fucking them out on their ear.

They would rather have vacant possession of a house that is 70% + likely be sold to another landlord... words fail me for the sheer stupidity of everyone involved except of course for the unfortunate tenant who has no choice but to move.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

lol England. Getting stuffed by a crap Windies side.

bodes well for Malahide in a few weeks
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    I saw a spot last week where a rent to buy mortgage was repossessed from the holder. House has a sitting tenant living there and paying rent (which was more than the mortgage ) and the bank are fucking them out on their ear.

They would rather have vacant possession of a house that is 70% + likely be sold to another landlord... words fail me for the sheer stupidity of everyone involved except of course for the unfortunate tenant who has no choice but to move.
                                                    eh. A lot of things not right about this SP. You sure you're sure?

Comment

This picture doing the rounds at the moment. One for you Maths lovers.

I did the solution myself and then looked at the answer and disagree with it so I don't think I have my head wrapped around it fully or else I am a genius :P.

I think Bernard definitely knows but Albert can still have a 1/3 shot because Bernard doesn't say that Albert should know too.
                                                      Anyway, enjoy the mindfuck that is this question
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I don't like cricket. I enjoy it.

Comment

Cheryl sounds like an annoying cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                            This may be the water charges of the (actual) working classes, who knows!
                                                            They're all too busy working to agitate; probably the only group without their own lobby.

Comment

Bit high maintenance alright.
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Tugging on the lads heart strings

Comment

Cheryl can get up the yard.
                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                    May 19th?

Or is that wayyyyy tooo easy an answer and I've flagged my self as "special"?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                      May 19th?

Or is that wayyyyy tooo easy an answer and I've flagged my self as "special"?
                                                                      Yep, special.
                                                                      It can't be 19th because in his first statement Albert says he knows that Bernard doesn't know, hence he knows Bernard can't have been told 18 or 19 (the only unique numbers).
                                                                      Which means Albert must have been told July or August (and now it gets trickier).

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        Yep, special.
                                                                        It can't be 19th because in his first statement Albert says he knows that Bernard doesn't know, hence he knows Bernard can't have been told 18 or 19 (the only unique numbers).
                                                                        Which means Albert must have been told July or August (and now it gets trickier).
                                                                        AAAAhhhh I read it as Albert spoke before bucko was told his info

I therfore agree with Rigger and Zod

Comment

Let me rephrase this post for you:

The bank had a mortgagor who refused to pay his mortgage despite clearly receiving sufficient rental income to do so and, rather than letting the arrears accrue to the point of stupidity, sought an order for possession of the property so they could cut their losses.

The tenant wasn't doing anything wrong but people lose their tenancies all the time. The bank weren't seeing any of that rental money so why shouldn't they proceed to repossess and sell so they can get some of the money back?

Comment

That took longer than it should have

SPOILER
                                                                            Jul 16

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                              Yep, special.
                                                                              Yeah that's the easy part

SPOILER
                                                                              Ruling out 14th then otherwise Bernard still wouldn't know.

SPOILER
                                                                              Was stuck on the last three left, but finally ruled out Aug otherwise Albert wouldn't know
                                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 13-04-15, 16:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

SPOILER
                                                                                Jul 16
                                                                                Can you see how Albert knows though?

I can totally see the logic behind Bernard but I think Albert is being a presumptuous chap and has a 1/3 shot
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                  Jul 16
                                                                                  Same here... Cheryl is a bitch, they shouldn't get her anything for her birthday
                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post

I can totally see the logic behind Bernard but I think Albert is being a presumptuous chap and has a 1/3 shot
                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                    He knows the month. Bernard has ruled out the 14th for him

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                      He knows the month. Bernard has ruled out the 14th for him
                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                      So Bernard has the date and Albert has the month.
                                                                                      3 dates are left: August 15th, July 16th and August 17th. Bernard knows what date it is so it could easily be August 15/17th and Bernard would still know the answer from what Albert said. No?
                                                                                      I mean Bernard 100% knows the answer but that could still be any of those 3. If he said, I know the answer and Albert should know the answer then I'd say July 16th 100% right but now I can't!!!
                                                                                      I feel dumb haha
                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

He knew the month and that it had no unique dates in it and therefore Bernard couldn't know the date.... Then it is a matter of elimination
                                                                                        Last edited by pokerhand; 13-04-15, 16:34.
                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Let me rephrase this post for you:

The bank had a mortgagor who refused to pay his mortgage despite clearly receiving sufficient rental income to do so and, rather than letting the arrears accrue to the point of stupidity, sought an order for possession of the property so they could cut their losses.

The tenant wasn't doing anything wrong but people lose their tenancies all the time. The bank weren't seeing any of that rental money so why shouldn't they proceed to repossess and sell so they can get some of the money back?
                                                                                          Yea but the Bank could still sell it with the tenant in place and continue to collect the rent while selling it... I suppose that wouldn't make sense for them with the market as it is compared to a couple of years when Tenants were hard to find.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                            So Bernard has the date and Albert has the month.
                                                                                            3 dates are left: August 15th, July 16th and August 17th. Bernard knows what date it is so it could easily be August 15/17th and Bernard would still know the answer from what Albert said. No?
                                                                                            I mean Bernard 100% knows the answer but that could still be any of those 3. If he said, I know the answer and Albert should know the answer then I'd say July 16th 100% right but now I can't!!!
                                                                                            I feel dumb haha
                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                            Albert knows it's July!

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                              Albert knows it's July!
                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                              fml.
                                                                                              Really overthought that and missed the super simple thing.
                                                                                              yup, fml. Ty, was bugging me
                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Yea but the Bank could still sell it with the tenant in place and continue to collect the rent while selling it... I suppose that wouldn't make sense for them with the market as it is compared to a couple of years when Tenants were hard to find.
                                                                                                Also selling a house after a court order is hard enough as it is. With a tenant in place it limits the market dramatically and buyers will know that. That means the sale price is lower than it should be and since we have recourse mortgages the mortgagor will be left on the hook for the remaining balance of the mortgage.

Comment

Heroes don't get any bigger with the new trailer for Marvel's "Ant-Man," in theaters July 17! â–º Subscribe to Marvel: http://bit.ly/WeO3YJWatch more from Marv...

oh yes
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Also selling a house after a court order is hard enough as it is. With a tenant in place it limits the market dramatically and buyers will know that. That means the sale price is lower than it should be and since we have recourse mortgages the mortgagor will be left on the hook for the remaining balance of the mortgage.
                                                                                                    Indeed thats all true.
                                                                                                    When I heard about it , from the tenant's (who doesn't want to move ) pov, I was putting it in the context of the market of a few years ago when there was little or no hope of either selling or finding another tenant.

Comment

...

Comment

Just listening to David hall on Matt Cooper. Scumbag. Anyone ever play omaha with him? Was he cool with people binning chips?

Comment

Recommendations on a nice restaurant to grab a bite to eat tomorrow around before heading to the Bord Gais theatre, plates are a must Megatron

Edit - somewhere nice in town as we've decided to head in a little earlier so as to have a few more options.
                                                                                                          Last edited by tylerdurden94; 13-04-15, 17:43. Reason: plans have changed somewhat
                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

...

Comment

Pizza E Porchetta, Grand canal dock.

Comment

Just listening to David hall on Matt Cooper. Scumbag. Anyone ever play omaha with him? Was he cool with people binning chips?
                                                                                                                Played thursday night with him.
                                                                                                                Bad beat joe and him are in a pot 25 pre 5 callers.
                                                                                                                910J flop 2 hearts. Dave leads 125 joe raises get it all in 1100 each.
                                                                                                                Run it twice bad beat has aj7 nut hearts and and Dave 2 pair j 9 and hearts running 10s for first pot
                                                                                                                heart on turn for second joe scoops.
                                                                                                                Hope this makes you feel better.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 13-04-15, 17:26.

Comment

...

Comment

You mean this one, now renamed Osteria Lucio? Yeah, actually thats a vastly better suggestion than mine. Was just thinking the other day of going back there.
                                                                                                                    Oh its Osteria Lucio now is it?. Still the same owners i wonder.
                                                                                                                    Edit: seen the website its the same team alright.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by rounders123; 13-04-15, 17:39.

Comment

The Chinese there is highly decent for a Chinese despite not looking up to much. The French place right beside the theatre does very nice pizza. Pity Ely is now gone.

I'll leave it to others to note the relative merits of the non-cutprice options
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                      Pizza E Porchetta, Grand canal dock.
                                                                                                                      Not confined to around the theatre, gonna head into town a little earlier thus giving us more options, opinions still greatly appreciated for locations in town.
                                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

easy...
                                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                                        August 17th .

here is why.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        first Albert says he doesn't know but neither does Bernard.

by process of elimination we can eliminate May19 and June 18 because those are the only two dates that are not repeated so
                                                                                                                        with Bernard knowing the date ,he would have known the whole thing.

Albert still doesn't know the full date so it can't be June 17th either because after June 18th eliminated then June 17th would
                                                                                                                        be the only date in June and Albert would therefor have known.

when Albert says i don't know then Bern figures out it's not June 17th cuz otherwise Albert would have known.
                                                                                                                        it is after this that Bern says "i didn't know but i know now" .

the only way for this to happen is if the number Bern has is 17 but there were two of them so he didn't know before June 17th was eliminated
                                                                                                                        and that only happened with Albert's comment.

after Bern says "i know now" then Albert goes through the above process and finds out the full date.
                                                                                                                        your welcome
                                                                                                                        .
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Gholimoli; 13-04-15, 18:11.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Jul 16
                                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                                          pretty sure this is wrong .
                                                                                                                          after all the eliminations he still has two dates with 16 left and one with 17 so the date has to be 17.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X