Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aldo seems a cool customer. Earning every penny. Letting a crowd of random drunk scumbags on the mic?
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

This press conference is some serious cringe
      Dublin is full of some serious knob jockeys,

Comment

Switched that presser on a couple mins ago. God help any yanks watching this and thinking this is a fair cross section of Irish society.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
          Aldo seems a cool customer. Earning every penny. Letting a crowd of random drunk scumbags on the mic?
          They do it in Brazil & USA all the time. Standard, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
            Switched that presser on a couple mins ago. God help any yanks watching this and thinking this is a fair cross section of Irish society.
            It'd be a cross section of yanks who tune into UFC press conferences on the other side of the world, wouldn't be overly concerned what they think.

Comment

Dublin?....That's where I'm from....Woooo!

Comment

The most horrible representation of our country ever.
                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                  A taxi driver the other day was telling me all about how the "highlights" in the city affect the weather, and how weather in general is much worse down the country. I think he was talking about high rise buildings creating a wind shield and tunnelling effect, but it was too early in the morning and I didn't have the energy to question him. So I just kept saying things like "Yeah, I know", and "Isn't it awful?". I don't think he noticed I thought he was a mentalist, so I guess that was a win for me.

I just needed to tell someone about that.
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I fucking love it tbh. The hate in this thread is making me funk ever harder for McGregor.
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                      I fucking love it tbh. The hate in this thread is making me funk ever harder for McGregor.
                      I want McGregor to win, I just hate Irish people now

Comment

people who go the the live darts and are indignant by that need to see themselves on the gogglebox imo.

Comment

in other news a Dublin Finnish culchie has taken his first steps today. I am proud my fiends,

Comment

I thought the randon question dudes were very articulate and on point!. Seeing other pressers and the quality of the questions this was right up there. I just hope Hotspur isnt getting a luas past there too or fro anytime soon!

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                              I thought the randon question dudes were very articulate and on point!. Seeing other pressers and the quality of the questions this was right up there. I just hope Hotspur isnt getting a luas past there too or fro anytime soon!
                              47% of the questions were 'heayorrr ALDO, YOU'RE A PUSSY'.

Comment

After all that just the 3 months and 11 days til the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                  47% of the questions were 'heayorrr ALDO, YOU'RE A PUSSY'.
                                  But it was the timing and harvesting of fellow support that was impressive and often overlooked.

Comment

Woods' plane spotted at Augusta airport. Some stage to return on after the shambles he left in.

Comment

"Lloyd in turns up afterwards to disagree with consensus shocker"

Comment

Strange you let random posts here which aren't even directed at you influence your real life thoughts, but whatever.

Comment

Robbed this from bards.ie. An airbnb voucher. May help someone booking a holiday soon (SatNav )

€50 off all rental bookings. Promotion Code: VCLOUD50UK

Travel between 30 March – 31 May 2015

Min price applicable is: €141

Comment

I'm hoping they both lose.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'm looking forward to the day of the fight when people start to really moan about McGregor and how the UFC is rigged, while they stay up to watch him fight.

Comment

A mere four banking days remain to sign up for the Aintree tipping competition.

A tipping competition so exclusive that winning feels like losing. €700 to play for thus far.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

In other news, heard a cracker of a story yesterday about the company I'm currently working for.

About 5 years ago, the company were just getting things together and vying for premium clients with other vendors and was making promises it couldn't currently, at the time, fulfill.

Tender submitted for a huge client, but part of the contract was that we would provide a call centre for their employees. At the time there was no capacity, neither in space, nor employees for a call centre. Anyway, last minute client visit was scheduled as the decision maker for the tender was in town for 2 nights.

CEO at the time rounded up the 40 or so staff from all divisions and all levels and told them to go out and buy/steal/borrow as much 'call centre material' as possible. Built a superficial call centre over night, desks, phones, monitors, headsets, the lot. All faced away from path client was planned to walk. Client was walked through the 'call centre' and all the staff 'manning' the phones were told to act as if engaged in excellent customer service activities.

Client was mucho impressed. Tender won. Cue floodgates of premium large Canadian Clients opening.

Meritocracy my arse.
                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                    I think you are giving BCS an easy ride coz of where it comes from. Last EP was terrible
                                                    Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                    Meh, i thought it was ok. It's taking them a while to get all the character building in order, but that episode played it's part. The whole series has been quite slow really and if it wasn't related to Breaking Bad, most of us would have probably given up by now.
                                                    Last 3 eps of Better Call Saul have been great. Took its sweet time to get going.

Comment

Looks like Engerland going out of the friendly world cup early.

Comment

Making chilli and drinking Metalman here, ye cunts coming on the beer or what?
                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                          I'm looking forward to the day of the fight when people start to really moan about McGregor and how the UFC is rigged, while they stay up to watch him fight.
                                                          I'll be staying up to watch Aldo fight. McGregor said this before "You're gonna wana tune in to see me win or to see me get my ass kicked. Either way, you're gonna wana tune in" And he's right. I am gonna tune in. Vamos Jose!

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

In other news, due to the recent talk in the BBV about Chilli, I decided to make one this evening. It was savage.
                                                            Recipe or GTFO
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Is that fight really three fucking months away?
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Dana squeezed into an Ireland jersey was the cringiest of all.

Comment

Yup!
                                                                  Originally posted by JBOB View Post
                                                                  Dana squeezed into an Ireland jersey was the cringiest of all.
                                                                  Standard American who pretends to be Irish move.

Comment

Yeah, the real victims here are those of us that don't give a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                      Yeah, the real victims here are those of us that don't give a shit.
                                                                      Saw this on twitter, thought you would like it:

COP: Do you know why I pulled you over?
                                                                      VEGAN: Is it because I'm a vegan?
                                                                      COP: What? Of course not
                                                                      VEGAN: I'm a vegan you know

Comment

Did I mention I do crossfit?

Comment

"An Aetheist, a Crossfitter and a Vegan walk into a bar. I only know because they told everyone within two minutes."
                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                            Strange you let random posts here which aren't even directed at you influence your real life thoughts, but whatever.
                                                                            Ah cheer up.

Comment

Aren't crossfitters all palelols? I want to try crossfit so I can become that joke incarnate.

Comment

Ah cheer up.
                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                  Yeah I'm really uptight Keith, good spot.

Comment

If you can't find (or recall getting) your P60 from last year but need it, will an employer (previous in my case as I've left where I was last year) reissue one for you?

Comment

Yeah I'm really uptight Keith, good spot.
                                                                                      Not my point, but given the response im willing to reconsider.

We've been agreeing too much lately, I feel like we need some sort of friction to restore my chi or something
                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                        In other news...
                                                                                        Couple of years ago the place i'm working went on a 3 day week. People worked mon-wed, tue-thur, or wed-fri. Customers visits to the factory were arranged for wednesdays if at all possible as everyone was there and it gave the appearance of being a happening place. I worked mon-wed. My job was in metal fabrication, cutting sheets and profile, drilling, riviting all that shit. Literally the very beginning of the manufacturing process. Next was paint-shop. Then putting in electronic components and boards followed by various tests.

Went in one Monday and besides it being a bit lonesome because of the 3 day week situation there were a few people with the day off as a holiday too. Across all those jobs where there would be 50-60 people there was about 8 or 9. Manager was freaking at 8.30, some important client was coming and the place had to look like it was functioning normally. He made anyone not parked in the main carpark move their cars up there so it would look more full. Not that big a deal. Then he started planning out the tour. Basically the plan was to keep moving us 8 or 9 mongoloids around ahead of the client as he went from area to area. He'd bring them to the canteen for a few minutes to give us a chance to rearrange. And so it began

Into metal fabrication first. 9 people there. 3 that actually ever worked an hour there. Brings them(just a man and woman) over to me(fab manager worked tue-thur). I show them a job card, explain what i'm doing etc. Grand, they look as uninterested as I would be if someone started explaining that shit to me. They go to the welder(not a welder) who bluffs his way thru and around to one or two others.

After they retire for tea they come back to see the paintshop. This is not so bad as there is protective clothes and masks so its hard enough to recognise people at the best of times.

Later on I'm playing a supporting role in the electronic component assembly line. Had a different t-shirt on but made eye contact with the woman at one stage and she fucking knew. Thats the prick with the drill from earlier i'm sure she was thinking.

Manager was down an hour later telling me go up to final test - he was delighted with how it was going - but possibly simultaneously having a nervous breakdown. I said I think she recognises me from the fab. Only a couple of people work in final test anyway so he wasn't pushed. Not sure he even brought them there.

We went bust a few weeks later and got taken over by a rival

Comment

April fools cynics look away

I haven't failed in the last 10 years to catch the missus out. I rewound University Challenge and when she came into the room raised her eyebrows when I got them all correct. This stuff is too easy sez I. This year she is ready and proclamied to the world I won't catch her. I'm was out of ideas until I wiped some celebratory choclate from the wee newly walking mans mouth with a baby wipe. So when she wakes tomorrow carefully draped over the duvet in the bedroom will be several chocolate stained baby wipes. If she falls for this I'm not doing it any more as it's too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                            If you can't find (or recall getting) your P60 from last year but need it, will an employer (previous in my case as I've left where I was last year) reissue one for you?
                                                                                            They should do AFAIK, otherwise you can get a p21 from the tax office, same info.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                              April fools cynics look away

I haven't failed in the last 10 years to catch the missus out. I rewound University Challenge and when she came into the room raised her eyebrows when I got them all correct. This stuff is too easy sez I. This year she is ready and proclamied to the world I won't catch her. I'm was out of ideas until I wiped some celebratory choclate from the wee newly walking mans mouth with a baby wipe. So when she wakes tomorrow carefully draped over the duvet in the bedroom will be several chocolate stained baby wipes. If she falls for this I'm not doing it any more as it's too easy.
                                                                                              April Fools’ Day is awful. Please stand with John Oliver and take the Last Week Tonight No-Prank Pledge.Connect with Last Week Tonight online...Subscribe to ...
                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Amazed there hasn't been more comment on the Bailey case.

Looks to me like the entire legal and DoJ establishment ganged up to screw him over completely. They obviously believe he is guilty and don't give a shite about their antics being outed in public.

Jury members must be utterly sickened and the cynical waste of time the charade they were made sit through for 4 months was.

I'm not sure but it probably looks marginally worse for the establishment if he did actually kill her than if he is innocent. Either way the cops and DoJ look like total Assclowns.
                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  My firm wanted to make me pay for it. The solution we found was to get a copy of my December pay slip as it has the same info.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                    Big Nose ?

Comment

TCM in 20 mins or so. he's gonna put Jessup on the stand.

Comment

They should do AFAIK, otherwise you can get a p21 from the tax office, same info.
                                                                                                        I need it so I can do some stuff for the tax office to probably correct my tax from last year. Getting a P21 might be counter productive in this case.

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                        My firm wanted to make me pay for it. The solution we found was to get a copy of my December pay slip as it has the same info.
                                                                                                        Assholes. I'll send off a mail to my old HR anyhow and ask.

Comment

It might be at that.

Comment

It might be at that.

Saw this earlier on facebook. Tralee is a kip so it's no surprise. (Careca excluded). I'm on Burger Kings side here though cos yer man seems like a proper tool and is a bit of a scumbag by all accounts. He made this post earlier, a casual racist it seems.

Rang burger king asked for manager, foreign national dude answered (obviously) didn't know hu was behind their page and passed the blame onto "his manager". When I ask for a manager Im obviously looking for the top man not gradually work my way up. Jeeeeez

Comment

Speaking of putting the best foot forward for potential clients etc, a friend of mine told me this beauty.

He was an electrician in a slaughterhouse and there was one particular room that was beyond cleaning, they were due a visit from some inspector so the best they could come up with was to brick up the entrance, plaster and paint over it for a few days and then knock the opening through when they were gone.
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                Saw this earlier on facebook. Tralee is a kip so it's no surprise. (Careca excluded). I'm on Burger Kings side here though cos yer man seems like a proper tool and is a bit of a scumbag by all accounts. He made this post earlier, a casual racist it seems.
                                                                                                                My Dad lives in Tralee , I love it there! Keane wont be happy with ya
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Standard Killarney inferiority complex.

Service in that Burger King is confirmed worst in Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                    My Dad lives in Tralee , I love it there! Keane wont be happy with ya
                                                                                                                    Didn't know Keane was from there too. I did leave Careca out of the sweeping generalisation and would have done the same had I known Keane was from the lesser town of Tralee

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                      Standard Killarney inferiority complex.

Service in that Burger King is confirmed worst in Ireland.
                                                                                                                      Try the airport one. They run out of everything aswell. Ran out of burger buns and coke one day
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

lol @ boggers arguing over who's shithole is the least tolerable

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                                          90+% of what he says I don't find funny/smart but he hasn't changed suddenly for this fight. He called Brandao a skinny Brazilian that looks like he came from a favela (or something along those lines).
                                                                                                                          He called Brandao a fat Brazilian, because, well, he's a fat Brazilian.
                                                                                                                          The "take me to his favela"was about Aldo.

Agreed about the Portuguese. Thought that was gold.

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                          I actually don't mind the calling of the round or the break you up etc type comments. Thats expected. There is definitely a difference between those comments and the likes of the Nazi/smell your pussy/ your going to die comments though.
                                                                                                                          Kinda missing the context there.
                                                                                                                          Voce vai morrer (you're going to die) is what the Brazilians chant at to opponents in brazil. It's essentially their version "ole Ole ole". They'd been shouting it at McGregor the entire press conference - and have done before at others.
                                                                                                                          He crossed no lines there, was a genius moment imo.

Nazi was a bit distasteful tbf, but I've no issues calling a confirmed drug cheat a juice-head/steroid-head.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X