This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spurs gonna spurs
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      Chelsea? I don't know, there is something wrong that I can't quite work out. I don't think it is fitness but they are flat footed and seem to have no interest/motivation in games. Way too easy to play against, the back line has Ivanovic caught out a lot, Cahill has turned into a potato and it's being held together by a 34 year old who luckily has the best defensive brain England has produced.

There has been no good team performances in months. All points being picked up are through individual moments. A formation change to get the best out of the team instead of our current setup which just looks to nullify teams and do enough to get 3 points is badly needed. Mourinhos substitutions and rotating have been terrible all year too which is very unlike him. I can see him being stubborn and getting away with it this season but falling short next season, doubt Chelsea will spend much.

I will predict the future. Jose gone during 16/17 season , John Terry gets the job with Lampard behind him.
      Obviously you win the League anyway but must be concerning how far Chelsea (and the other English teams) are now behind the European elite. WC hangover perhaps?
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I will predict the future. Jose gone during 16/17 season , John Terry gets the job with Lampard behind him.
        Not sure if serious. It would be some lol tho.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Obviously you win the League anyway but must be concerning how far Chelsea (and the other English teams) are now behind the European elite. WC hangover perhaps?
          English clubs can't blame a WC hangover. They just aren't as good as the European competition thanks to bad tactics and poor signings at inflated prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
            Not sure if serious. It would be some lol tho.
            We've run out of interim managers, JT is next.

Comment

In 2007 England had three out of the four CL semi finalists
              In 2011 Utd made the final of the competition
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                Yeah. I'm only a casual soccer observer but seems very clear that the Preniership is all hype and very little substance.
                It's obviously competitive but at the expense of quality.

Comment

I have a new theory about yesterday: it's good news for our WC chances. Something to chew on over the summer.

Comment

Its all cyclical to be fair. I mean 2007 is almost a decade ago now. Go back a decade before that Barca & Real Madrid weren't even in the competition.

Comment

When English clubs stop splashing all their TV money and invest in Youth and buy properly then they will crush Europe.

Comment

Yeah. I'm only a casual soccer observer but seems very clear that the Preniership is all hype and very little substance.
                        It's obviously competitive but at the expense of quality.
                        I think it had a nadir during the late noughties where it was genuinely the most competitive at the sharp end and the performances in the CL demonstrated that.

2004: one semi finalist
                        2005: two semi finalists; winner
                        2006: one semi finalist; runner up
                        2007: three semi finalists; runner up
                        2008: three semi finalists; runner up; winner
                        2009: three semi finalists; runner up

Since then there have been individual runs with mostly Chelsea being capable of flying the flag but this year is definitely the lowest point I can remember with regards to the relative competitiveness of English sides. Everton and Arsenal are likely to be knocked out next week meaning that England will have zero representation in the Quarter Finals of either the CL or EL.

What baffles me is that there is more money swilling around the Premiership than every before given the new TV deals and it is certainly a relatively richer league than anywhere else in Europe. However, the mid and lower tier teams are not managing to significantly improve the level of talent they are acquiring, rather they are simply paying more for the same players.

There's just a real feeling of stagnation. Ever more hype and money about an ever declining league in terms of relative quality.
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

It's all reactionary Dumphyesq bollix.
                          What's for tea?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                            It's all reactionary Dumphyesq bollix.
                            What's for tea?
                            Young businessman, long term trends /= reactionary bollix.

Comment

Ah Chelsea won it a couple of years ago. It'll be grand.
                              I'll bet you a tenner an English team wins it again.

Comment

I think it had a nadir during the late noughties where it was genuinely the most competitive at the sharp end and the performances in the CL demonstrated that.
                                Getting your nadirs and zeniths confused there lad.

Comment

Last week or so when using chrome I'll go to a page and then a few seconds later it will just jump to a different page advertising something, what do I need to add to stop this?

Doesn't seem to be any extensions running and when try to add adblock (even if this is the right thing to do?) it keeps coming up as an error has occurred. Merci

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    Getting your nadirs and zeniths confused there lad.
                                    Good that we have fine people like yourself around to correct me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                        Probably the best reason I've seen to vote FG tbf.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                            I want to be in Croke Park on St Patricks, more than anything. (insert mad culchie accent)

If only hurling was an international sport.

Off to Roscommon myself today. Herself picked the venue. Jaysus I'm punch drunk from puking yesterday so not looking forward to 90 minutes drive .

Southampton will take points from chelski today.
                                            Easy game . The tumble continues . Jose off his game

glad to see Mata playing today

Comment

Nice of Hulk to point towards Enda.

Comment

Easy game . The tumble continues . Jose off his game

glad to see Mata playing today
                                                You rather City or even Arsenal win it over Chelsea/Jose?

Are we now that team? Will everyone become ABC's?

Comment

My predictions are not hate sensitive

Lolpool winning it would be my nadir of course.

Comment

Eamonhona's home town is nicer than Castlerea and Frenchpark.
                                                    Don't go into Roscommon town

Comment

city > chelsea > arsenal > liverpool imo
                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                          city > chelsea > arsenal > liverpool imo

Top 4 predictions ? think united will bag a place .

If Suarez hadn't left the unthinkable would have happened this year , everyone is shite

Comment

Iago is ranking who he would prefer to win the league over United out of the teams up top.

Is City ahead of Chelsea the general consensus? Find that strange if so. Thought Arsenal would be a lot of peoples preference.

Comment

Top 4 predictions ? think united will bag a place .

If Suarez hadn't left the unthinkable would have happened this year , everyone is shite
                                                              Preference of who will win the league if it won't be United.

Not convinced we'll squeeze in to be honest, today was very much the exception to the norm.

Comment

Prefer Arsenal over that lot . I like that ol bollix Wenger

Comment

Iago is ranking who he would prefer to win the league over United out of the teams up top.

Is City ahead of Chelsea the general consensus? Find that strange if so. Thought Arsenal would be a lot of peoples preference.
                                                                  Yep. Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Everyone else.............Liverpool.

Comment

We've been competing with Liverpool since forever
                                                                    Arsenal since the early '90's
                                                                    Chelsea since Mourinho came onboard
                                                                    City in the last 4-5 years

Of course a Manchester born fan would have a very different opinion, but I think it's a function of who you grew up in opposition too.

Comment

We've been competing with Liverpool since forever
                                                                      Arsenal since the early '90's
                                                                      City in the last 4-5 years

Of course a Manchester born fan would have a very different opinion, but I think it's a function of who you grew up in opposition too.
                                                                      Never actually competed with pool, they dominated the 70s 80s, utd the 90s, and noughties but I get ya , the fan base hate each other , like the blessed Muslims and those bastard infidels

Comment

Don't go into Roscommon town
                                                                        Not the worst. Stayed in the Abbey a few times. Fat Elma (Fidelma)'s bar also worth a look.

Comment

And football started in 92/93

Comment

Not the worst. Stayed in the Abbey a few times. Fat Elma (Fidelma)'s bar also worth a look.
                                                                            What exactly did the Moone Boy tour consist of
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

In the abbey at the moment , waiting for the all clear to hit the hotel bar whilst the missus watches over the jman . Dirty old town

Comment

City > > > > > > >

It's tough after that.

Maybe Liverpool > > > > Chelsea > > Utd

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                  City > > > > > > >

It's tough after that.

Maybe Liverpool > > > > Chelsea > > Utd
                                                                                  Infidelma

Comment

Infidelma
                                                                                    It's a weird one because I never really thought too much about it before.

Liverpool fans the world over would go batshit crazy and it would be like 1966 all over again if they won it.
                                                                                    Chelsea would just run Arsenal noses in it again.
                                                                                    Man Utd just owns Arsenal over and over again. Would rather they spent a few seasons chasing top spot before they get there again.

Dirty choices!

Comment

All clear given . Someone tell Dice I'm in the Abbey hotel bar in Roscommon if he's passing .

Comment

The Lidl and the Aldi are right beside each other in Roscommon , you could shop in both, one in each shop and shout across the road . How much are the blue ski pants over there . 4 euro ? Ooh nearly paid a fiver over here

Comment

All clear given . Someone tell Dice I'm in the Abbey hotel bar in Roscommon if he's passing .
                                                                                          Was there last week for lunch

Comment

The Lidl and the Aldi are right beside each other in Roscommon , you could shop in both, one in each shop and shout across the road . How much are the blue ski pants over there . 4 euro ? Ooh nearly paid a fiver over here
                                                                                            Are they not close to each other everywhere? Though they generally have stuff like ski pants/chainsaws/sledgehammers available at non coincidental times.

Comment

Outside of the unlikely chance of Liverpool winning it, as things stand the preference would probably be...

City
                                                                                              Arsenal
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              Chelsea
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              Man Utd

Obviously I wouldn't even think of including Spurs in the above ranking, but they would be below Arsenal if I had to.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                Are they not close to each other everywhere? Though they generally have stuff like ski pants/chainsaws/sledgehammers available at non coincidental times.
                                                                                                Ah here Feck off

Comment

...
                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 15-03-15, 21:57. Reason: used highly twice
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Arsenal
                                                                                                    City
                                                                                                    Chelsea
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

In the abbey at the moment , waiting for the all clear to hit the hotel bar whilst the missus watches over the jman . Dirty old town
                                                                                                        Sure come out the Creggs Road to Glenamaddy and we'll go down the town.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                            What exactly did the Moone Boy tour consist of
                                                                                                            Went to Lough Key Forest Park as apparently there is a primrose path in the woods that gets a solid mention in the book. Couldn't find that so we wandered around, did the tree-top walk, hit the playground and the cafe. All pretty good and a nice spot. Then into the thriving metropolis that is downtown Boyle on a chilly Sunday, armed with a Moone Boy guide that the nice lady at the desk gave us. Palpable excitement until we realised that it was just a list of places that are mentioned in the book - the bridge, the clock, the amusement arcade etc. 'twas alright I suppose. No people to be seen anywhere which was wierd. Zombie apocalypse?

Comment

Sure come out the Creggs Road to Glenamaddy and we'll go down the town.
                                                                                                              Jaysus infidelmas is as far as i'll venture, good looking lad like me can't be cabbing around this neck of the woods . The hotel bar patrons remind me of the bar in the first star wars movie

Comment

Went to Lough Key Forest Park as apparently there is a primrose path in the woods that gets a solid mention in the book. Couldn't find that so we wandered around, did the tree-top walk, hit the playground and the cafe. All pretty good and a nice spot. Then into the thriving metropolis that is downtown Boyle on a chilly Sunday, armed with a Moone Boy guide that the nice lady at the desk gave us. Palpable excitement until we realised that it was just a list of places that are mentioned in the book - the bridge, the clock, the amusement arcade etc. 'twas alright I suppose. No people to be seen anywhere which was wierd. Zombie apocalypse?
                                                                                                                UFO capital of Ireland isn't it?

Comment

Ah here Feck off
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                  Found it very hard to go to Aldi again after trying out Lidl.

Had always assumed that Aldi was the better one, but clearly not.

Visited a Dunnes and Tesco recently and they are painful experiences compared to Lidl. Tesco has fully lost the plot.
                                                                                                                  Aldi can be better for specials like chainsaws, and stuff you'd like to have for Armageddon. Lidl is good for general food, ice cream, chocolate, and cleaning products. My local Tesco has improved it's look recently, though I had a long walk finding out where they had relocated their eggs to.

Comment

Arguments to be made for both but Aldi seems to carry much more choice. Aldi wins for me by a decent stretch.

Comment

Lois exactly the words I said to the missus as we pushed the pram around, Zombie apocalypse. Must show her this . We saw the same bloke 5 times . I asked him was he following us . he just looked and walked on . Lough key tomorrow, kids only one though so meh for him.

Comment

Jaysus infidelmas is as far as i'll venture, good looking lad like me can't be cabbing around this neck of the woods . The hotel bar patrons remind me of the bar in the first star wars movie
                                                                                                                        There's a farm shop down near the lidlaldi. Do yourself a favour tomorrow and nab some sausages to take back. Mighty yokes altogether.

Comment

Visited a Dunnes and Tesco recently and they are painful experiences compared to Lidl. Tesco has fully lost the plot.
                                                                                                                          Lidl and Aldi are the most depressing places on earth. They're like the Orwellain model of sustenance delivery. Lidl frozen donuts are the only reason to cross their threshold.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X