X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elshambles, are Sligo shite this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
      Just got a chance to read more about Renua and a couple of things struck me.

First, all their "policies" seem to be incredibly vague. We give out about Sinn Fein for this shit all the time (and rightly so) but they are nothing on Renua. They have a couple of fairly populist ideas without any real thought behind them as far as I can see.

Second, Renua is a medical device company isn't it?
      I dont know much about their policies but im sure theyre good ones.

Comment

Going down lovely

Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
          Yeah in. Gonlazo. Will xfer on stars when I lose.
          Gonzo...some chap reckoned getting it all in on the turn against my QQ with his TT and an open ender for 38 bob was +ev... Was this time unfortunately.

Pm your stars details.

Comment

Renua is a pretty naff name, hope they didn't pay the branding consultant too much.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                Epic meal in greenhouse.

In keoghs and see what happens
                What did you have for tea?

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                Was reading and thinking about them earlier. Decided to put aside my natural scepticism and give them a chance. They used the word "compassion" as a guiding principle, I liked that. I would support any party that practised compassion based politics.

Now Creighton was against the same-sex referendum a while back before she changed her mind, and that isn't too compassionate. But, she did change her mind when, according to her, she said she realised how much the issue meant to gay friends she has. If true, fair play. And she's quite likeable.

We all agree that politics in this country (and elsewhere for the most part) is not what we would wish it to be, here is something new, I hope people hold fire for a while and give them a chance. It is early days and policies are still not fully formed. Grand. I would rather they take their ethos and vision seriously and take their time.

I also liked the idea that issues of conscience would be open votes. Having the party whip removed for not voting against your deeply held convictions about something like abortion as happened to Creighton feels wrong. I disagree with her position, but I respect her integrity on it.
                I had high hopes that this was the going way of CHD's 'I enjoy that' speech.
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

A friend of mine from Killarney who has lived in Tallaght for many years now had a brick thrown through his bus windscreen this evening. Previously he had a lad kicked out the top window of the bus and a bottle of piss poured over him. (Two separate incidents). What the fuck do "people" be thinking. I know Tallaght is a rough area but fuckin hell, is there no limit to scumbag behaviour.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        If they weren't built on anti-abortion then they'd be a decent prospect. But they are. This was the law to prevent what happened to Savita - i.e. her being killed legally, happening to another woman. And the objection was on religious grounds. Its really hard to trust fcktards who think a fairy tale is worth endangering people's lives. Even if everything that comes out of their mouths sounds sensible.

I do also disagree with votes of consciousness. They are clearly great in principal, but are usually excuses for allowing members to act on religious principles against rational thought.

The name though would be great for something like an urban regeneration project. Not sure it works for a party. Seems too 'trying to be smart'
                        I always visualize

when I hear hear her name. She's also a lot less pretty in real life, than on tv.
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                          A friend of mine from Killarney who has lived in Tallaght for many years now had a brick thrown through his bus windscreen this evening. Previously he had a lad kicked out the top window of the bus and a bottle of piss poured over him. (Two separate incidents). What the fuck do "people" be thinking. I know Tallaght is a rough area but fuckin hell, is there no limit to scumbag behaviour.
                          That's Tallaght banter m8. Man up ya culchie.

Comment

BBC 4 irish Rock night. hell we gave some good shit to the world

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                I always visualize

when I hear hear her name. She's also a lot less pretty in real life, than on tv.
                                Same head, similar name. Thanks whoring potential come election poster time.

Comment

Yeah, she's a bit strange looking up close. Plus the dodgy face skin which seems to afflict so many Irish women, hence the buckets of makeup usually applied. Maybe it's the weather.

Also, in fairness , no one's adding her to the wankbank based on her tv appearance either
                                  If your box carrying gig is next week, I might be available for a couple of hours.
                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                    What did you have for tea?

I had high hopes that this was the going way of CHD's 'I enjoy that' speech.
                                    1st course fois gras excellent
                                    2nd course scallops excellent
                                    3rd course monkfish and langoustine monkfish was tough
                                    4th course lamb neck excellent
                                    5th course passion fruit sufflet exceptional
                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Epic meal in greenhouse.

In keoghs and see what happens
                                      Oooh where you now boss?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                        That's Tallaght banter m8. Man up ya culchie.
                                        He spent 6 weeks there as part of his gap ear in Dublin last summer m8.

Comment

ear/year, bantz.

Comment

Black Death is on in 5 mins on BBC2. Love that film. Therefore everyone should watch it and like it, for some reason.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Think its just red wine but at a late stage of the process some other alcohol is added (because their grapes aren't as good quality are different to their eastern and northern neighbours).
                                                    Probably not worth splashing out for the more expensive stuff if you are just getting drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      Think its just red wine but at a late stage of the process some other alcohol is added (because their grapes aren't as good quality are different to their eastern and northern neighbours).
                                                      Probably not worth splashing out for the more expensive stuff if you are just getting drunk.
                                                      How many Duckula avatars have you gone through do you reckon?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            Oooh where you now boss?
                                                            In SE donating
                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Fight 100 duckula avatars, or 1 giant avatar sequel movie featuring duckula?
                                                              Tuff 1 m8.

100 of anything is too much to fight. Gotta go with that other thing you said.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                What do you have? I am still on 5.01 and no updates in sight?
                                                                Moto G

Didn't install 5.01

Elshambles, are Sligo shite this year?
                                                                Don't know tbh, best centreback out for 6 months and first choice keeper out too

Will ask a mate but get the feeling looking at the squad id say we will have a touch of Ozzie's Spurs team, 5 up front and fuck the rest until the new lads settle (9 new signings and a soft enough pre-season)

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                BBC 4 irish Rock night. hell we gave some good shit to the world
                                                                Fear bit of shite too!

Anyone seen them Strypes lads live?

Any use?

Given that I'm in Portugal. And for the first time. Am tempted by the prodigious Port menu for a nightcap. Is it okay / muck? Never tried it. The really expensive ones increase about €2.50 per decade for 10, 20, 30, 40 year aged. Any benefit to trying the older ones apart from the potential to drunkenly murmur to the older port 'oldster, I was a glint in my daddies eye when you were being started'?
                                                                Port is good tac!

No point spending money till you know what your at style wise

Start with a Ruby then try an LBV

Then annoy the Duke as he spends coin on the decent stuff afair

Comment

In SE donating
                                                                  Mite pop in so. Pm me.

Comment

How many Duckula avatars have you gone through do you reckon?
                                                                    I started making the effort to change it every month in Feb13 and I store the 'used' ones in a directory so they don't get reused - just checked and theres 25 in there.
                                                                    Then have 2 for Christmas which get a few days each, and a handful of other 24 hour ones (you did me a Chelsea one, someone else did me a negrito back in the day.)
                                                                    So somewhere north of 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      Mite pop in so. Pm me.
                                                                      Card dead here. Could be persuaded to go drinking

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                        Tallaght is up to a population of about 100,000 now, I'd hazard a guess that this is in a pretty specific part of Tallaght that all these things happened.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                          I started making the effort to change it every month in Feb13 and I store the 'used' ones in a directory so they don't get reused - just checked and theres 25 in there.
                                                                          Then have 2 for Christmas which get a few days each, and a handful of other 24 hour ones (you did me a Chelsea one, someone else did me a negrito back in the day.)
                                                                          So somewhere north of 30.
                                                                          I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Fear bit of shite too!

Any use?

bah,

saw them in other voices, were very good, the size of them in the Benners afterards, just kids. Now stop being so negative,

on the show.

thin lizzy roryg, Horslips, undertones, the rats , stiff little fingers U2 pogues ,hhflowers . sineadoc , frank and Walters , therapy cranberrys Ash divine comedy , imelda may, the strypes , Hozier, not a bad wee list.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                              bah,

saw them in other voices, were very good, the size of them in the Benners afterards, just kids. Now stop being so negative,

on the show.

thin lizzy roryg, Horslips, undertones, the rats , stiff little fingers U2 pogues ,hhflowers . sineadoc , frank and Walters , therapy cranberrys Ash divine comedy , imelda may, the strypes , Hozier, not a bad wee list.
                                                                              Ahhhh Bolllixxxxx

Why the fook did I give my TV over to Sex & the City 2.

Bound to be a repeat??
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Cool, just copped there's good shit on until 3am
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Was a great programme, seen the strypes at the sea sessions last year, rocked the place. Am thinking Rory Gallagher festival again this year after missing the last few. Had drinkup with the lads from sinnerboy last time they played spirit store so that show is whetting the appetite nicely
                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

In SE donating
                                                                                    likewise
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

gnite m8s

Comment

Home now. Great day despite losing my bollocks. Highlights, greenhouse epic meal, dice epic company (although the fact he wouldnt play omaha stating he does not understand it was a poor excuse) low point watching gordon darcy going to the cash point 20 times while I was waiting for cash table spot. Confirmed busto.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                          Moto G

Didn't install 5.01

Don't know tbh, best centreback out for 6 months and first choice keeper out too

Will ask a mate but get the feeling looking at the squad id say we will have a touch of Ozzie's Spurs team, 5 up front and fuck the rest until the new lads settle (9 new signings and a soft enough pre-season)

Fear bit of shite too!

Any use?

Port is good tac!

No point spending money till you know what your at style wise

Start with a Ruby then try an LBV

Then annoy the Duke as he spends coin on the decent stuff afair
                                                                                          Ah right. I thought the nexus products received the updates first.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                            I also liked the idea that issues of conscience would be open votes. Having the party whip removed for not voting against your deeply held convictions about something like abortion as happened to Creighton feels wrong. I disagree with her position, but I respect her integrity on it.
                                                                                            The problem with this is that her job is to represent the people of the constituency that was most strongly in favour of the opposite position in the entire country.

Voting with your conscience is what you do in a referendum, representing your constituency is what you do in the parliament.

Comment

My 2012 Nexus 7 has had 5.02 sitting in the corner waiting to go on for weeks
                                                                                              (didn't install 5.01 on that either)

Comment

They do, but 5.0.2 was only pushed to tablets, not phones. 5.1 should be our very soon I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  They do, but 5.0.2 was only pushed to tablets, not phones. 5.1 should be our very soon I believe.
                                                                                                  I have the nexus 9. And it is up to date on 5.01 it says.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                    5.1 became available to install on my tablet yesterday. Nothing on my phone yet.
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Tropical Cyclone Pam. Using up all the One Times here.

Comment

Home now. Great day despite losing my bollocks. Highlights, greenhouse epic meal, dice epic company (although the fact he wouldnt play omaha stating he does not understand it was a poor excuse) low point watching gordon darcy going to the cash point 20 times while I was waiting for cash table spot. Confirmed busto.
                                                                                                        Ah thought that was him alright.

Comment

Are these Renua clowns really going to send people to prison for being on the dole too long? That can't be a real policy of a serious political party, can it? Prison is way more expensive than welfare, for a fucking start.
                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                            Are these Renua clowns really going to send people to prison for being on the dole too long? That can't be a real policy of a serious political party, can it? Prison is way more expensive than welfare, for a fucking start.
                                                                                                            It's gone from the website but I think it was just a poorly worded sentence about the welfare trap.

Comment

Where can you buy proper yoga pants for a girl in dublin?

Yoga pants, the gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                Where can you buy proper yoga pants for a girl in dublin?

Yoga pants, the gift that keeps on giving.
                                                                                                                How bout no pants.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                  They ran out of commas.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                    It's gone from the website but I think it was just a poorly worded sentence about the welfare trap.
                                                                                                                    I read a (quite long) piece about Renua today and still have no idea what they stand for. Local fuckwit TD Terence Flanagan has joined them, which doesn't inspire great confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                      I read a (quite long) piece about Renua today and still have no idea what they stand for. Local fuckwit TD Terence Flanagan has joined them, which doesn't inspire great confidence.
                                                                                                                      We don't usually cover politics here, but this is too cringey not too share.We already reported about Renua earlier today and their embarrassing social media s...

Comment

^That was the longest 3:35 mins of my life, epic cringe.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Jesus.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X