Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piano is pretty class alright. tbf. They have full sized piano keyboards in the Ilac Library if one wanted to practice or fuck about. On my long list of stuff to do that I ignore.

Any excuse to post some Victor Borge. You could pull off this amusing jape:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Definitely a guy I would have at my fictional dinner party.
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

It would take a proper sort of commitment to be a piano wanker, lugging a baby grand around on your back lest a party might break out.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Lol Engerland.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          I think the generally official rule with most airlines is:
          1 piece of carry-on luggage plus 1 additional item (such as laptop or handbag).

But I have seen people get away with both too.
          Talking about airline luggage, I'm moving back home for good next month so was looking to see how much a 2nd 30kg bag would cost. Ticket for 2 people one way was around $2100 so thats a total of 60kg plus the carry one. One extra 30kg bag was $2700 per person, bloody cheaper to fly home and then get a return flight from Dublin to Sydney, stay in a 5 star hotel for a couple of nights and pick up the 2nd bag!!

Where the hell is the logic in that?

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
            Talking about airline luggage, I'm moving back home for good next month so was looking to see how much a 2nd 30kg bag would cost. Ticket for 2 people one way was around $2100 so thats a total of 60kg plus the carry one. One extra 30kg bag was $2700 per person, bloody cheaper to fly home and then get a return flight from Dublin to Sydney, stay in a 5 star hotel for a couple of nights and pick up the 2nd bag!!

See how much DPD or someone would charge?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              Lol Engerland.
              The weather in Brisbane concerns me. A cyclone likely to wash out the Aus v Bangladesh game. If it causes us to lose points v UAE on wed it would be a disaster

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post

Which airline?

What way does that leave your PR?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  He's a terrible public speaker. Awful. But is quality of public speaking really how we want to judge our politicians? He's smart. But more importantly he picks a gooand sends them out rather than hogging every bit of limelight for himself. I'm a bit of a fan, despite having been bored senseless by hearing him speak on a lot of occasions. Like this idea of the humble man as leader rather than the charming rogue ala Charlie Hottie / Happy Bertie. If he gets the next term he'll be judged favourably by history imo.
                  Cant judge on public speaking.The humble part is from him been a cute politician concern in the public eye but always has a fall guy when things go wrong.last year with scatter been a prime example.not a supporter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    Which airline?

What way does that leave your PR?
                    That was Etihad, just spoke with Qantas and it was $1800. Another problem was I had flights booked home to Dublin in April for my wedding with Qantas/Emirates but have now had to change them to mid March with Qantas. I'll just ship stuff home. Have so much stuff to sell now, car and lots of household furniture and highly likely will have 6 weeks rent to pay for breaking my lease early. Also had to change flights for honeymoon to go to Dublin instead of Sydney so all in all going to be a very expensive relocation!!

On flip side really looking forward to returning home and seeing family and friends again, no doubt I'll hugely miss Sydney after a few weeks at home though.

PR probably going to be a waste of money unless I get sick of Ireland in next few years and decide to return which I wouldn't rule out.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                      Agree that she is very deluded and always looking for a tree to take a piss on, but having also watched Edna (long way round) Kenny mumble thru a 20 minute interview and not give a proper answer was very sad as well, how long before we get this sad bastard off our televisions is the big question, the mans a waster.
                      Compared to Cowen, Bertie....he's a genius.

Everyone knows Noonan is the real boss anyway.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Cant judge on public speaking.The humble part is from him been a cute politician concern in the public eye but always has a fall guy when things go wrong.last year with scatter been a prime example.not a supporter.
                        Who would you prefer out of the available alternatives?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          Does anyone here play the violin? Been considering taking it up and getting lessons. I know it's an extremely difficult instrument to learn, but I've never played any musical instrument and it seems a shame to live without ever having played music.
                          First instrument I ever attempted. Gruelling enough for each and everyone near you as you try to get even passable. It's pretty much utterly offensive noise for the first 5/6 months minimum.

Needless to say, my mother decided that my time would be best spent elsewhere after a couple of those months. Never made the grade!

Considered buying one recently and having another go though, it is a fantastic instrument when mastered.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            Who would you prefer out of the available alternatives?
                            Noonan is the one pulling the strings alright.think Coveney would make a good leader from the current team.not much coming thru from the opposition benches.complete overhaul needed from all parties.

Comment

Noonan is the one pulling the strings alright.think Coveney would make a good leader from the current team.not much coming thru from the opposition benches.complete overhaul needed from all parties.
                              Joan Burton for Taoiseach

Comment

Viola is a much nicer sound, what about learning to play a keyboard? Bigger reward to effort ratio and flexibility. Plus with headphones you arent inflicting aural torture on all around you.
                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Compared to Cowen, Bertie....he's a genius.

Everyone knows Noonan is the real boss anyway.
                                  Martin Fraser surely

Comment

"Je suis Derek" is actually funny. I hope he's trying to be ironic, because if he is, that's spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                      Piano is pretty class alright. tbf. They have full sized piano keyboards in the Ilac Library if one wanted to practice or fuck about. On my long list of stuff to do that I ignore.

Any excuse to post some Victor Borge. You could pull off this amusing jape:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Definitely a guy I would have at my fictional dinner party.
                                      Sounds tiring
                                      Virtual Piano enables you to play the piano on your computer keyboard, mobile or tablet. Learn to play instantly now. Play Virtual Piano!

I'll just being my phone around to parties to be a piano wanker

Comment

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Online HR goal setting system is asking me to set myself impactful objectives for the year. Does buying more impactful ties count??😊
                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

@Hotspur you really need to start early on the violin. Arm flexibility is required and there's a good chance yours will never be flexible enough.

IMO you should build a programmable machine that plays the violin. That's what I'd do, and I'm usually right about everything.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                  @Hotspur you really need to start early on the violin. Arm flexibility is required and there's a good chance yours will never be flexible enough.

IMO you should build a programmable machine that plays the violin. That's what I'd do, and I'm usually right about everything.
                                                  Robotic arm plays a violin perfectly (Princess Mononoke theme song). These robotics are used to do precision work during manufacturing and other repetitive m...
                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                    Online HR goal setting system is asking me to set myself impactful objectives for the year. Does buying more impactful ties count??😊
                                                    Impactful hats imo

Looking forward to seeing it later (your camo one from 2007).

Comment

Impactful hats imo

Looking forward to seeing it later (your camo one from 2007).
                                                      That got culled along with about 20 bags of clothes....
                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Does anyone here play the violin? Been considering taking it up and getting lessons. I know it's an extremely difficult instrument to learn, but I've never played any musical instrument and it seems a shame to live without ever having played music.
                                                        As an adult learner you might want think about trying Trad and starting with something like a tin whistle in order to learn a bit of music before settling on an instrument.
                                                        If you tried one of the Comhaltas programs you should pick up enough fairly quickly to be able to play along at sessions they have for beginners. That will give you a chance to have a look and try out some of the other instruments and genres you might want to try.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Surely there should be cool new instruments by now, instead of traditional he should be learning contemporary instruments to get ahead of the curve.

Comment

Comment

Not the most promising start of interaction with French bureaucracy.

1. Email the embassy about visa for wife on the email address suggested on their website. Receive automated email back going: please direct your queries to this other email. Its the exact same email. I email it again, get message back saying to direct queries to the same email again.

2. The website says to ring their visa section from 11-12 Monday to Friday. I ring them multiple times between 11 and 12 and each time receive an automated message saying the service is closed and I need to instead ring between 11 and 12.

Trying to fight back the urge to go to Strewel levels on this.
                                                              Hour ahead?

Comment

Comment

Yessss freedom. My mother just went home

Looking forward to getting absolutely plastered tonight!!!
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Did consider that, but its the French embassy in Dublin. Surely they're not asking people to ring at French time?
                                                                    They are French, for them there is only French time

Comment

Any interest in a counter protest on Saturday? #HigherWaterChargesNow

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        Sponsored by San Pellegrino
                                                                        The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

That'd be a larf. I'll bring a sign saying "Metered Water A-OK".
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Funny, was only thinking I haven't heard much from The Green Party lately. Where are all the Celtic Tiger tree hugging hippys gone these days?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                Sponsored by San Pellegrino
                                                                                There's pics last night of the protesters buying bottled watered on the street/

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                  The weather in Brisbane concerns me. A cyclone likely to wash out the Aus v Bangladesh game. If it causes us to lose points v UAE on wed it would be a disaster
                                                                                  Yeah we need to keep that momentum building. We're the only non favourite to have won a game so far, it's all been nicely predictable. Think Pakistan are a whopper bet tonight, not that they're any great shakes but Windies were embarrasing at times in the field in terms of effort levels and once a team enters that sort of mind set its very difficult to find that killer edge again without a big cull to the line up. Think a lot of em stopped bothering after they won that T20 WC a few years back.
                                                                                  Last edited by The Situation; 20-02-15, 13:25.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                    Nightcrawler
                                                                                    Big Lebowski

Report back.
                                                                                    Seen Nightcrawler ages ago, really enjoyed it could've done with being a little more gritty my post HERE
                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Comment

Yeah we need to keep that momentum building. We're the only non favourite to have won a game so far, it's all been nicely predictable. Think Pakistan are a whopper bet tonight, not that they're any great shakes but Windies were embarrasing at times in the field in terms of effort levels and once a team enters that sort of mind set its very difficult to find that killer edge again without a big cull to the line up. Think a lot of em stopped bothering after they won that T20 WC a few years back.
                                                                                        Bravo and Pollard effectively sacked too cant be good for moral.

Comment

When did Icky last post?
                                                                                          as the new king of cans he has no time for us anymore
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Think Pakistan are a whopper bet tonight, not that they're any great shakes but Windies were embarrasing at times in the field in terms of effort levels and once a team enters that sort of mind set its very difficult to find that killer edge again without a big cull to the line up. .
                                                                                            Spread is Pakistan/West Indies 10-20 ( 1pt per run or 10pts per wicket won by)

Toss will make a difference but buying @ 20 looks good value.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Two and a Half Men totally wasn't bitter about Charlie Sheen in their finale.
                                                                                                  Pity that wasn't a real piano

Lorre has created many successful sitcoms since the 1990s including Grace Under Fire, Cybill, Dharma & Greg, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, and Mom. Lorre also served as an executive producer of Roseanne and Mike & Molly

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

wow, that is a roll call of shame, I'd imagine an epitaph saying 'he literally did nothing' would be more desirable than that.
                                                                                                        Its a long time ago but I remember liking Grace under fire.
                                                                                                        Except for maybe one episode and a few random scenes from BBT I've never seen any of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          Icky would love those
                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            Icky would love those
                                                                                                            He probably wrote half of them.

Comment

...

Comment

Continuing my wildly popular poetry series, of relevance to my musical musing is a poem from the remarkable 13th Century Persian poet Rumi. I don't think he is well known in these parts, but his poetry is simple, beautiful, and heartful. He is very popular in America. I am not sure if this poem of his has a name.
                                                                                                                SPOILER

Today, like every other day, we wake up empty
                                                                                                                and frightened. Don't open the door to the study
                                                                                                                and begin reading. Take down a musical instrument.

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
                                                                                                                There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

And since it was a short poem let's have another from Hafiz called It Felt Love.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                How did the rose
                                                                                                                Ever open its heart
                                                                                                                And give to this world
                                                                                                                All its beauty?
                                                                                                                It felt the encouragement of light
                                                                                                                Against its being,
                                                                                                                Otherwise,
                                                                                                                We all remain
                                                                                                                Too frightened.

I have been inundated with requests to persuade GAB to replace our poker game tonight with a poetry reading evening, but he won't budge.

Comment

I'm with Paul Dirac on Poetry:

"In science you want to say something that nobody knew before, in words which everyone can understand. In poetry you are bound to say... something that everybody knows already in words that nobody can understand."

Comment

I'm totally robbing that by the way SP - Fantastic punage!

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      Does Ryanair have that check in thing on app. I'm heading off in 7 weeks to lanza with just carry on bag. Does it mean I can just saunter off through security. As in no desk etc
                                                                                                                      The app is great and I used it on a recent trip to London from Shannon. They just scan it and it is all easy....until you sit back and let everyone get on the plane and wander up as the last person and then realise your phone is just a black screen and wont turn on.
                                                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                        I'm with Paul Dirac on Poetry:

"In science you want to say something that nobody knew before, in words which everyone can understand. In poetry you are bound to say... something that everybody knows already in words that nobody can understand."
                                                                                                                        When you are lying on your death bed you may not be quite so thirsty for that which is informational rather than transformational. You already are, you just don't realise it.

Comment

Big Birdman

Kind of a Spoiler

For your Oscar consideration: A veteran puppeteer, who plays an avian icon, battles his ego and attempts to find his way back to a certain furry and friendly...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X