This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    The coverage of this Elaine murder trial is strange enough. Seems to be all about stuff the murdered person did rather than the person accused of the murder. If one was being sanctimonious (and indeed provided one was fully aware what that word meant, which I'm not); it almost seems like she is on trial rather than him.
    The coverage discusses her because it's salacious. They're not reporting everything that's being discussed and argued.
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
      You still have to queue up as normal. The only benefit is not having to have a sheet of paper with you.

Used it before just after it was being phased in. Everyone that was using the app was actually kept behind because the system wasn't accepting the barcodes of the boarding pass properly
      As in queue for Ryanair desk? Ah fuck it think ill print them off
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
        As in queue for Ryanair desk? Ah fuck it think ill print them off
        No, why would you have to queue up at the Ryanair desk if you don't have a bag to drop off?

Comment

GWAN the mario!

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
          Excuse me Rigger but I believe I make bold statements, not wild ones. I'm not some kind of ravening madman on a street corner type, thankyouverymuch.
          Make 3 bold statements, only one of which is really true.
          We can have fun guessing which one. No googling.

We'll call this segment Andy's Bold Gold.

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
          Been trying to catch up on some of the movies I've not gotten to over the last couple weeks, caught The Theory of Everything yesterday which was pretty solid with good turns from both main leads your man done a good take on Hawking, next up was Birdman which was outstanding & thoroughly engrossing I'm a big fan of Edward Norton and he pretty much nailed his bit, Keaton was impressive in his role also movie had a great fell/look to it, was going to hit up Selma to round things out but had to push it back and looking to catch it tomorrow.
          Nightcrawler
          Big Lebowski

Report back.

In the process of making my first ever curry. God knows what way it will turn out!

http://www.slimmingworld.ie/recipes/chicken-curry.aspx
          Looks good, must pop in for some.

Also kudos to Kanye whose clothing collection sold out, including a rather spectacular $104 for a blank t-shirt.

They look like clothes used to look in pennies before they got class.
          Pray for C-Kids credit card.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          Thinking of doing this 12k, endurance yoke, anybody taken part?
          Join us for Ireland's toughest physical and mental challenge, HELL & BACK. We convert Killruddery Estate in Bray, Co Wicklow into an adventure playground where participants must go over, under, around and through 40+ man-made and natural obstacles on trail routes ranging from 5-16KM. Dublin's best fitness challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaCE3VGyAYI
          Looks a bit tiring mate. Considered it before but then realised it looked tiring.

Hitch if ye like buying games, this is a cool new one I've played recently. Yes that is Wesley Crusher hosting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG-iUxJcoXc
          Not even playing games, just if he likes buying them. Some enablers in this place. nriyhouses
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

If you've paid for flights and have app on the phone can you use the one phone for boarding passes for multiple people?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
              Find the rte coverage of the o'hara trial to be a bit unsavoury. Is it really necessary to give out all that detail? Must be awful for the family knowing that thousands of random strangers are now privy to such intimate details of o'hara.
              The coverage of this Elaine murder trial is strange enough. Seems to be all about stuff the murdered person did rather than the person accused of the murder. If one was being sanctimonious (and indeed provided one was fully aware what that word meant, which I'm not); it almost seems like she is on trial rather than him.
              Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
              The coverage discusses her because it's salacious. They're not reporting everything that's being discussed and argued.
              I'll reserve judgement until its all done and dusted but at this stage its very hard to see why the prosecution are presenting such a weight of evidence that is not going to be contested.
              I found the line of questioning that had her father detail the lurid details of some very difficult conversations he had with her very disturbing and seemingly tangential at best to the case.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                I'll reserve judgement until its all done and dusted but at this stage its very hard to see why the prosecution are presenting such a weight of evidence that is not going to be contested.
                I found the line of questioning that had her father detail the lurid details of some very difficult conversations he had with her very disturbing and seemingly tangential at best to the case.
                If I ask you to remember 100 facts and only 5 are relevant (but quite boring) and 75 are irrelevant but incredibly interesting and attention grabbing with another 20 irrelevant but could seem relevant, how easy do you think it is to pick out the 5 relevant points?
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

The first time TV asked Peter Reid to be on a panel he should have said no

EVERY time he opens his mouth the odds of him ever getting another job disappear up his hole!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                    If you've paid for flights and have app on the phone can you use the one phone for boarding passes for multiple people?
                    Yes, 100%.

Pretty handy especially for families.

Maybe it could be for a max no. of people but I don't think so.

Comment

Wait, you can use your phone to board planes now?

You don't have to print off that retarded check-in sheet from ryanair???!!!?!!
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                        No, why would you have to queue up at the Ryanair desk if you don't have a bag to drop off?
                        do u not go up and hand in boarding pass and passport etc? ffs wouldnt you know I dont get away much lol
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                          The first time TV asked Peter Reid to be on a panel he should have said no

EVERY time he opens his mouth the odds of him ever getting another job disappear up his hole!
                          pool derby 19ohsplash
                          pool fans
                          he's fat he round, his arse is on the ground, Peter Reid, Peter Reid.
                          toffee fans
                          he's fat he's round he's worth a million pounds Peter Reid, Peter Reid

MOTM that day . Peter Reid, Peter Reid.

Slept in a brottle that night unbeknownst to myself. (missed the boat )

God I feel old.

Comment

do u not go up and hand in boarding pass and passport etc? ffs wouldnt you know I dont get away much lol
                            No. Print off your boarding pass (or use from your phone which I never have, yet), go to the airport, straight to security, scan your pass and then queue up for the idiotic screening process as normal. The only time you need your passport is at the boarding gate if you have no big bag to check in.

Comment

No. Print off your boarding pass (or use from your phone which I never have, yet), go to the airport, straight to security, scan your pass and then queue up for the idiotic screening process as normal.
                              Its my first time not booking on a bag so not sure.

went to manchester and all the girls used their apps, with Aer lingus. thought it was right cool!
                              Last edited by SatNav; 19-02-15, 22:33.
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                  11pm and that all floodlights apart from safety lighting be turned off at that time too. Planners FTW
                                  I went and dug out the Aviva PP. Spotted that about the lights.
                                  Not having a roof on the place is biting them in the ass again and again.

In the process of making my first ever curry. God knows what way it will turn out!
                                  Curry, jayus!!!
                                  Didn't think they were into the foreign stuff down your way. Did you get the spices imported from Dublin?

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                  You scored 2 out of 12!
                                  That could have gone better!
                                  You're more a GAA fan aren't you? Not to worry.

12 guesses, 2 correct, mathematically below average even for guessing, pretty impressive.
                                  Guessed also, 1 out of 12.
                                  So close to the sweep.

LinkedIn sent me an email, my contacts are breeding!

I've a beard, Can I join?
                                  It's considerably prettier than any of theirs too.

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                  Excuse me Rigger but I believe I make bold statements, not wild ones. I'm not some kind of ravening madman on a street corner type, thankyouverymuch.
                                  Too late. Riggs labeled you a raving lunatic. That's gonna stick for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                    I went and dug out the Aviva PP. Spotted that about the lights.
                                    Not having a roof on the place is biting them in the ass again and again.

Curry, jayus!!!
                                    Didn't think they were into the foreign stuff down your way. Did you get the spices imported from Dublin?

tesco own brand 70 cent to 1.50 ish

tumeric, mild curry powder and the word I find embarrassing to say and still cant pronounce it.....Cumin lol such a silly word for a spice

is it qmin, come in , or cummin lol!!!
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

tesco own brand 70 cent to 1.50 ish

tumeric, mild curry powder and the word I find embarrassing to say and still cant pronounce it.....Cumin lol such a silly word for a spice

is it qmin, come in , or cummin lol!!!
                                      It'd take you SatNav. That had never actually occurred to me.

It's pronounced Cue-min, that's it.

Comment

It'd take you SatNav. That had never actually occurred to me.

It's pronounced Cue-min, that's it.
                                        so Qmin
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Its my first time not booking on a bag so not sure.

went to manchester and all the girls used their apps, with Aer lingus. thought it was right cool!
                                          The ryanair app is total shit, slow ass mofo. on the way home your phone is dead ?

Print off the boarding cards.

Fuckers are now charging 11 eurons/person each way to prebook your seats on canarian flights. I could live with a fiver, but having kids and a long flight you need to be guaranteed to be seated together.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                            The ryanair app is total shit, slow ass mofo. on the way home your phone is dead ?

Print off the boarding cards.

Fuckers are now charging 11 eurons/person each way to prebook your seats on canarian flights. I could live with a fiver, but having kids and a long flight you need to be guaranteed to be seated together.
                                            oh fuck i never thought of the seats, have i to go online and now pay for mia to sit beside me?

44 quid???
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

They'd hardly put, say, a 3 year old in a seat by herself away from the parents, would they? That's quite an intriguing possibility. And if you don't pay money this happens? I'm not sure they've really thought through that business model.
                                                ffs I cant leave Mia on her own, Ryanair are a shower of wankbags!
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

oh fuck i never thought of the seats, have i to go online and now pay for mia to sit beside me?
                                                  You can check in a week before the flights and you should have no problem sitting together if you check in early (so as near to a week as possible) when there are only 2 of you. If you want to guarantee it you can do it earlier than a week but as Oleras says you'd have to pay over 40 quid for the privilege both ways. You should be ok though I'd say,

Comment

You can check in a week before the flights and you should have no problem sitting together if you check in early (so as near to a week as possible) when there are only 2 of you. If you want to guarantee it you can do it earlier than a week but as Oleras says you'd have to pay over 40 quid for the privilege both ways. You should be ok though I'd say,
                                                    Will it tell me on site that we are together? like can I pick the seats? for free?
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                        fck me Ruth Coppinger is a thoroughly detestable individual.
                                                        Why would you subject yourself to that?

Comment

7 days before each flight departure after checking in you will be allocated a seat free of charge....that does not mean sitting together, or in my case, its a plus... and on a 7+ day holiday...find/remember at midnight to book in for the return flight and print it off somewhere ? Mick knows exactly what he is doing.

ill pay the 44 quid extra though to guarantee me and the wife are sitting apart in 2 weeks.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

7 days before each flight departure after checking in you will be allocated a seat free of charge....that does not mean sitting together, or in my case, its a plus... and on a 7+ day holiday...find/remember at midnight to book in for the return flight and print it off somewhere ? Mick knows exactly what he is doing.

ill pay the 44 quid extra though to guarantee me and the wife are sitting apart in 2 weeks.
                                                            ah jesus, I wont fucking remember to book on the way back. last time I went I forgot to book the suitcase on the way back

had a big row with yer one at desk " OBVIOUSLY IF I BOOKED A FUCKING BAG ON , I AINT LEAVING IT IN LANZAROTE FFS " !
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Will it tell me on site that we are together? like can I pick the seats? for free?
                                                              Unless loads of people pay to sit together (which some will but not loads) you will be fine asa they will seat you together when there are two together left. You will know at checkin what seats you have been allocated so you can see that you are sitting together.

You are not guaranteed it though, but you've flopped a set against under cards so they'll need runner runner to win. It happens, but not very likely.

Comment

ah jesus, I wont fucking remember to book on the way back. last time I went I forgot to book the suitcase on the way back

had a big row with yer one at desk " OBVIOUSLY IF I BOOKED A FUCKING BAG ON , I AINT LEAVING IT IN LANZAROTE FFS " !
                                                                Its a round of drinks, thats the way i am looking at it....an expensive round of drinks, with a few lines of coke, maybe off a hookers tit but still....a round of drinks.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

When you check in for the outbound flight you check in for the return flight as well and you can see the seat allocation and print boarding passes for both.

When is the flight?

Comment

Its a round of drinks, thats the way i am looking at it....an expensive round of drinks, with a few lines of coke, maybe off a hookers tit but still....a round of drinks.
                                                                    be no fucking round of drinks or coke for me, my mother is now going ..................sigh there is no escape lol
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

be no fucking round of drinks or coke for me, my mother is now going ..................sigh there is no escape lol
                                                                      Free babysitter ! Im off to lanza in July, herself decided on Tenerife in 2 weeks, 6 of one i hope, never been to Tenerife.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Free babysitter ! Im off to lanza in July, herself decided on Tenerife in 2 weeks, 6 of one i hope, never been to Tenerife.

she wouldnt babysit for me, had war in spain a few yrs ago I paid for her trip and I turned 40 over there and went out with the kids club organisers and came home at 5am and she fucked me out of it. just not worth the hassle.

btw im off to tenerife too for two weeks so FU

let me know how tenerife is as we have never been either!
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Does anyone here play the violin? Been considering taking it up and getting lessons. I know it's an extremely difficult instrument to learn, but I've never played any musical instrument and it seems a shame to live without ever having played music.

Comment

Sure you could be delivering drugs.
                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                              fck me Ruth Coppinger is a thoroughly detestable individual.
                                                                              Agree that she is very deluded and always looking for a tree to take a piss on, but having also watched Edna (long way round) Kenny mumble thru a 20 minute interview and not give a proper answer was very sad as well, how long before we get this sad bastard off our televisions is the big question, the mans a waster.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                Does anyone here play the violin? Been considering taking it up and getting lessons. I know it's an extremely difficult instrument to learn, but I've never played any musical instrument and it seems a shame to live without ever having played music.
                                                                                You are turning into Hanibal.

Ribcage symphony ?
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

she wouldnt babysit for me, had war in spain a few yrs ago I paid for her trip and I turned 40 over there and went out with the kids club organisers and came home at 5am and she fucked me out of it. just not worth the hassle.

btw im off to tenerife too for two weeks so FU

let me know how tenerife is as we have never been either!
                                                                                  A week AI at this place, ill let you know.

Granny staying at home taking care of the young fellow...the way mother nature intended.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

A week AI at this place, ill let you know.

Granny staying at home taking care of the young fellow...the way mother nature intended.
                                                                                    I'll see your Sandos San Blas and raise you

SPOILER
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Does Ryanair have that check in thing on app. I'm heading off in 7 weeks to lanza with just carry on bag. Does it mean I can just saunter off through security. As in no desk etc
                                                                                      No. Print off your boarding pass (or use from your phone which I never have, yet), go to the airport, straight to security, scan your pass and then queue up for the idiotic screening process as normal. The only time you need your passport is at the boarding gate if you have no big bag to check in.

44 quid???
                                                                                      Not Lanzarote, but myself and Gillian only had hand luggage going Dublin to London with Ryanair. Gillian hates flying so i booked priority boarding and picked our seats prior to going on to make sure we got on and got seated no problem. They only allow 90 bags in the cabin and it was a full flight so they had to book some of the luggage into the hold free of charge. (€4 seats and priority i think. Might not seem worth it for some people, but worth it for peace of mind)

Took 25 mins tops from when we walked into the airport, straight through security and out to the gates. Most people had 1 decent suitcase, and 1 'handbag', plus you're allowed a laptop bag so plenty of room. We had lots of liquids too and Gillian had different medicines but no hassle so you'll sail through. So much quicker when you've no luggage to check in.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                        Not Lanzarote, but myself and Gillian only had hand luggage going Dublin to London with Ryanair. Gillian hates flying so i booked priority boarding and picked our seats prior to going on to make sure we got on and got seated no problem. They only allow 90 bags in the cabin and it was a full flight so they had to book some of the luggage into the hold free of charge. (€4 seats and priority i think. Might not seem worth it for some people, but worth it for peace of mind)

Took 25 mins tops from when we walked into the airport, straight through security and out to the gates. Most people had 1 decent suitcase, and 1 'handbag', plus you're allowed a laptop bag so plenty of room. We had lots of liquids too and Gillian had different medicines but no hassle so you'll sail through. So much quicker when you've no luggage to check in.
                                                                                        can u take laptop and handbag and suitcase? I want to take laptop but thought it was only either handbag or laptop. suppose Mia could take laptop?
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

can u take laptop and handbag and suitcase? I want to take laptop but thought it was only either handbag or laptop. suppose Mia could take laptop?
                                                                                          You can take all 3

Comment

I would have thought a double bass would suit you better.
                                                                                            48

Comment

You can take all 3
                                                                                              you sure?

RYANAIR REGULATIONS ON SPECIFIC SUBJECTS
                                                                                              CABIN BAGGAGE
                                                                                              One cabin bag weighing up to 10 kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, plus 1 small bag up to 35 x 20 x 20 cms may be carried per passenger*.
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

you sure?

CABIN BAGGAGE
                                                                                                One cabin bag weighing up to 10 kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, plus 1 small bag up to 35 x 20 x 20 cms may be carried per passenger*.
                                                                                                You can't take a separate bag for the laptop. Will it not fit in your carry on if you need it?

Comment

You can't take a separate bag for the laptop. Will it not fit in your carry on if you need it?
                                                                                                  not a hope stuffed with clothes ! but Mia wont have a handbag obv, can she take it with her carry on?
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

you sure?

CABIN BAGGAGE
                                                                                                    Well i had laptop bag and suitcase and Gillian had handbag and suitcase. Woman beside us had suitcase and then a 2nd Dunnes Stores reusable bag with her handbag and other bits. Saw a couple of people with all 3 so I'm sure you can take the lot from what I saw today.

Comment

Well i had laptop bag and suitcase and Gillian had handbag and suitcase. Woman beside us had suitcase and then a 2nd Dunnes Stores reusable bag with her handbag and other bits. Saw a couple of people with all 3 so I'm sure you can take the lot from what I saw today.
                                                                                                      You can't take two full size carry on bags unless they are not paying any attention (which they may have been in your case). I know they are far less rigid than they used to be and a plastic bag plus a handbag and a carry on would probably be fine, but a full laptop bag and carry on would be very risky.

SatNav - If Mia can carry it then that'll be fine if she has no other big bag. Otherwise it's risky. Mrs DP should be able to tell you for sure though.

Comment

I think the generally official rule with most airlines is:
                                                                                                        1 piece of carry-on luggage plus 1 additional item (such as laptop or handbag).

But I have seen people get away with both too.

Comment

...

Comment

Something to be said for wire strung harp:

Celtic harper and teller, Patrick Ball performs "Carolan's Cup" for KRCB, Live in our Television studio. learn more at: http://www.krcb.org/krcb-live

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXacfur-R4Y
                                                                                                              Yes, grating.

And serious lack of boobage, maybe that was your leveler.
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Bollix to that

Learn's this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And be a cold assed honkey whens you'se gets olds

Comment

Uganda 2016.

Greatest natural force of a river
                                                                                                                  ?

70k years ago we walked out of this paradise north...too fuckin far north if you ask me.

It would be a fantastic box to tick, yes...i just walked the Nile complements of C4 but it has inspired me.

Ill price it up if a few would like in ?
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

piano > violin >>>> harp

Comment

piano > violin >>>> harp
                                                                                                                        Would very much like to be able to play the piano, but not going to buy one. I love the sound of a harp though, I think it's beautiful.

Comment

Would very much like to be able to play the piano, but not going to buy one. I love the sound of a harp though, I think it's beautiful.
                                                                                                                          Harp can be nice but must stay away from some songs.

🎧 Stream or Download HIGHWAY TO HELL: https://harptwins.sng.to/harp-attack-remastered 🎵 Stream or Download ALL our music: https://harptwins.sng.to✨ Exclus...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X