• Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Oh dear

Comment

That's just wierd. Is he now disclaiming all responsibility?
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
            Go watch nightcrawler.

Speaking of which, stuck £5 on nightcrawler at 33/1 for best screenplay or some shit a couple of weeks ago.

Heart over head. it clearly has no hope as it hasn't received a glut of other minor awards like some of the leading contenders in the category which seems to be a pre-curser in these things.
            Saw nightcrawler. Thought it was very good.
            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
              Ugh, house of cards S3 out next week, there go 13 hours of my life. I know its empty ludicrously plotted trash but won't be able to stop myself.
              Do we know if its the last series, think I'll just skip it if not. I cared little or nothing for it by the end of season 2 other than some interest in how it ultimately ends.

Comment

Where oh where oh where is WhiteKnight,
                Where could WhiteKnight beeeeeeeee.

On another note, been waiting for a week for dublin bikes card to arrive!! Hurry up dublin bikes!!
                I am paying for you right now and can't use you, some bastards!! Gonna email and complain and get an extra few days now . When is that curse jar coming into effect riggs?
                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Yeah it's the last series
                  SPOILER
                  (think you can just read the synopsis of the UK version if you just want to know how it finishes).
                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 17-02-15, 09:54.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    Do we know if its the last series, think I'll just skip it if not. I cared little or nothing for it by the end of season 2 other than some interest in how it ultimately ends.
                    Do people hold it in high regard? I enjoyed the first season.

I feel the same as the above statement. Didn't watch the last episode of season 2 and went a back a while ago to do so. Couldn't do it.

I'm not sure the releasing the whole season works for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      No idea, hopefully it is the last, might be a chance of it being half decent/having a little bit of dramatic tension then. Binge watched s2 during the miserable January we had, struggle to remember much of iT. I'll bail on S3 the first time Frank uses basic reverse psychology to get his way / gambles everything on someone else refusing his offer to resign resign/confess.
                      What annoys me most is I had it pegged 4 episodes into season 1 when it first came out (that awful big peach episode) and gave up on it. Just have it another shot in jan.

Comment

Was looking at some tips/betting on the Cricket WC at the weekend.

A team to be bowled out 1st Innings in the NZ v Scotland game was 6/1 (before the toss was made) and that romped home last night.

In the last World Cup, 16/20 of the David v Goliath type meetings resulted in one team getting bowled out. If the toss falls on our side ~50% of the time, or on the occasion where the strong team puts the weaker into bat, then that seems like pretty good value? I haven't a clue if the gulf is still there between the top/bottom teams (Ireland beat WI, and Scotland beat Ireland in a warmup I remember) so just thinking out loud.

PP were 9/1 on a team to be bowled out 1st Innings in the game between Australia and Bangladesh. Aussies have beaten Bangladesh 18/19 meetings and bowled them out 7/9 ODI so surely if the toss falls our way,surely this was a great price? The 9/1 is now 11/2 this morning so maybe still value, but it could be a market to keep an eye on.

Comment

Saw that JTI (Benson and Hedges) have sent a warning shot to the Irish Government regarding plain packaging. Was watching this last night which gives some background

Thanks to tobacco industry regulations and marketing restrictions in the US, smoking rates have dropped dramatically. John Oliver explains how tobacco compan...
                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Thought this was so sad it was hilarious. So work gave me a new phone yesterday evening and I had a screen protector waiting on my desk this morning. I opened it up to put on the phone, used a wipe to clean the screen fully, a sticker to remove any dust and then peeled the protector off to put on my phone. I dropped the protector and my chair wheeled over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                              shit 5p
                              fuck 10p
                              cunt 15p
                              bastard 10p
                              cunce 4p
                              bitch 10p
                              Got so caught up reading on Greek in/out of Euro, hadn't noticed that'd we'd left it already.

Or does this swear lark only cost people who still have coins from back when we pretended to be a Sovereign people who could demonstrate their Independence by issuing their own currency?

Comment

HoC would be a superior show if Frank Underwood was outmaneuvering capable opponents rather than the bunch of dummies we're meant to believe made it to the upper echelons of power.

Comment

Another grim Bray tale.

Gardaí in Bray are searching for three men who tied up and robbed an elderly couple at their home in Wicklow last night.

The gang broke into the home of the couple at Briarwood, Vevay Road at around 8.15pm last night

They tied up the 85-year-old man and the 83-year-old woman in a study and ransacked the house before leaving with a quantity of jewellery.

The woman managed to raise the alarm by breaking a window.

Gardaí say both have been traumatised by their ordeal and their appealing for anyone with information to contact them at Bray Garda Station

Comment

What's the story with dreams? I have been having mad dreams of late, last nights being the highlight

I was with a bunch of English soldiers in Belfast in the 70’s. I wasn’t a soldier but for some reason I was with them as they were out on patrol. There was one street in Belfast that was badly flooded and they couldn’t get down so they decided to float an empty raft down it instead in case it was a trap.

Sure enough, IRA snipers started to shoot at the raft once it got down the street and eventually it started to drift back to them. They went around to the other side of the block which wasn’t flooded and did some manoeuvres but there was no snipers around there so they decided to call it a day, get changed out of their army gear in houses that were nearby and go to the pub.

One changed and started walking down the road when two IRA lads came towards him with hand guns. He managed to talk his way out of it as he hadn’t got an English accent and they let him go on. I was standing around the corner with another soldier who didn’t know what to do, he wasn’t sure if he should chance it or go back and hide in the house.

The IRA lads were about 50 feet away from us and he still didn’t decide. I told him, “you need to decide quick, I’m grand, I’m Irish and have a Dublin accent, they won’t harm me”

Then I woke up

Seriously WTF???

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      HoC would be a superior show if Frank Underwood was outmaneuvering capable opponents rather than the bunch of dummies we're meant to believe made it to the upper echelons of power.

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

AirBNB take paypal, visa debit has no such limit that i ever encountered, must be a bank imposed thing, maybe they could raise it.
                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

If you were offered a place on the 2024, one way mission to Mars, would you take it?

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

They're political geniuses in comparison. Frank wouldn't have them resigning and giving up concessions at the drop of a hat!

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                              If you were offered a place on the 2024, one way mission to Mars, would you take it?

Not if that annoying guy from Trinity is going.

Joking aside, no. I'd say it would be an absolutely miserable life and the 'wow I'm a pioneer' feeling would quickly be replaced by depression'

Comment

Not to everyones taste, saw these in other voices and the pepper cannister church and their harmonies are excellent. Quite catchy new song from them. 3 beauts (and sisters)

The Staves

Live performance of Black & White by The StavesBlack & White is taken from our album, If I was, out now https://the-staves.lnk.to/IfIWasDeluxeVersionOur new ...

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                  What's the story with dreams? I have been having mad dreams of late, last nights being the highlight

I was with a bunch of English soldiers in Belfast in the 70’s. I wasn’t a soldier but for some reason I was with them as they were out on patrol. There was one street in Belfast that was badly flooded and they couldn’t get down so they decided to float an empty raft down it instead in case it was a trap.

Sure enough, IRA snipers started to shoot at the raft once it got down the street and eventually it started to drift back to them. They went around to the other side of the block which wasn’t flooded and did some manoeuvres but there was no snipers around there so they decided to call it a day, get changed out of their army gear in houses that were nearby and go to the pub.

One changed and started walking down the road when two IRA lads came towards him with hand guns. He managed to talk his way out of it as he hadn’t got an English accent and they let him go on. I was standing around the corner with another soldier who didn’t know what to do, he wasn’t sure if he should chance it or go back and hide in the house.

The IRA lads were about 50 feet away from us and he still didn’t decide. I told him, “you need to decide quick, I’m grand, I’m Irish and have a Dublin accent, they won’t harm me”

Then I woke up

Seriously WTF???
                                                  Were you watching this recently?
                                                  SPOILER

and this has been in News winning BAFTA
                                                  SPOILER

or just simply..

SPOILER

Comment

And a happy pancake Tuesday to all the flat chested girlies out there.

Comment

Think she was a big financial backer of the film. Same way Brad Pitt got himself inserted into 12 years a slave as the great white saviour
                                                      Brad Pitt is actually an actor though.

Seems a bit like vanity publishing * 1 million. Good reason to dislike what is a better than average movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Then I woke up

Seriously WTF???

Spoiler that shit man.

Comment

Originally posted by iri$hkelt View Post
                                                          I have a samsung galaxy s4 mini i need unlocked does anyone know cheapest way to get it done please and where?

Thanks
                                                          Saw a place in Tallaght that does it: http://www.thesquare.ie/portfolio/cex/

Comment

Comment

Comment

there is a limit of 1500 definitely that wont be changing so it's kinda moot as to who enforces it. It's very annoying all right.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                  So farewell to reading the Irish Times online.
                                                                  Nice of them to put a hole in the wall in the form of Google though.

Comment

Bad Beat Jackpot - Sporting Emporium in the news.

http://uk.pokernews.com/news/2015/02...ault-16634.htm

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                        So farewell to reading the Irish Times online.
                                                                        You'd want to be some sap to shell out anything for that,I get annoyed at myself when I take a free one home from work-especially when its a generation emigration day
                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 17-02-15, 12:54.

Comment

Comment

Heading to Thorntons tomorrow, does the service charge cover me for the tip or are you expected to leave extra?

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPiper View Post
                                                                              Bad Beat Jackpot - Sporting Emporium in the news.

http://uk.pokernews.com/news/2015/02...ault-16634.htm
                                                                              10k is a joke if you sat the two lads together. 3 broken bones and surgery Mick FRisby had. 1700 a month the life of a lower order rugby player not so glamorous.

Comment

Heading to Thorntons tomorrow, does the service charge cover me for the tip or are you expected to leave extra?
                                                                                service charge is the tip

Comment

Popped into the 12th Lock for lunch.

Sure you'd have to have a sneaky pint. Nobody's watching.
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The place I worked in Belgium had beer in the canteen fridge.

Comment

Gonna tell my boss I saw it on Coronation St.

Comment

Happy birthday Dice man.

Comment

pretty cool

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Rio Carnival looks amazing, so colourful, vibrant, and sexy:

The world's most-celebrated carnival has kicked off despite a tropical deluge that soaked thousands of feather-clad dancers, wildly costumed musicians and masses of spectators at Rio de Janeiro's Sambadrome in Brazil.

Comment

Told my colleague I was going to kill him if he didn't stop sniffling every thirty seconds (previous subtle hints like handing him tissues being ignored). He thought I was joking.

I assume I can rely on a few of you to testify as to my flawless character.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

It's actually great to watch!!

Reading up on the news for the week as was drinking for all of it and my god the news is so depressing!
                                                                                                It's all just shooting and death and apart from the ski jump world record I knew every other positive story.

News is over-rated!
                                                                                                Last edited by mdoug; 17-02-15, 15:19.
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Ah doug, that 100MB gif murders my browser. Make it a link plz.

edit: ta
                                                                                                  Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 17-02-15, 15:22.
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Just looking at fixture list. New Zealand are a pretty shout to finish 1st and 2nd in their group right? I note their quarter final will be QF4 in Wellington late March, no matter their finishing position. We have a decent chance of drawing then I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                      Told my colleague I was going to kill him if he didn't stop sniffling every thirty seconds (previous subtle hints like handing him tissues being ignored). He thought I was joking.

I assume I can rely on a few of you to testify as to my flawless character.
                                                                                                      Samuel L. Jackson expressing his feelings about the two men who raped and killed his daughter to a Southern court room
                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Next up is a poem about hope. '"Hope" is the Thing with Feathers' by Emily Dickinson.

SPOILER
                                                                                                        “Hope” is the thing with feathers -
                                                                                                        That perches in the soul -
                                                                                                        And sings the tune without the words -
                                                                                                        And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
                                                                                                        And sore must be the storm -
                                                                                                        That could abash the little Bird
                                                                                                        That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
                                                                                                        And on the strangest Sea -
                                                                                                        Yet - never - in Extremity,
                                                                                                        It asked a crumb - of me.

Presentation of the classic poem by Emily Dickinson. "Hope" is the thing with feathers -That perches in the soul -And sings the tune without the words -And n...

Comment

Step aside Monsignor Horan. I'm building me a Sambadrome!
                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

One Plus One owners

Is it worth it?

€350 for a 65gb one.

Do I just go on a Sim only plan and lash the card into the phone and away I go?

Comment

Nice day strolling around Catex in the RDS.

Pan supplier got us into a 3 course lunch with wines for some catering college competition.

A bit strange having 100 people watch while you eat lunch.

Back in work now need to sit for an hour or 2 before driving home.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                                  One Plus One owners

Is it worth it?

€350 for a 65gb one.

Do I just go on a Sim only plan and lash the card into the phone and away I go?
                                                                                                                  Yes and yes

Comment

Emily Dickinson was a good poet, I think i enjoy LC English more than most

I have moved from a 700e phone to one <200, essentially no difference. Should be class phones from here on out for nothing.

Comment

Tech Question;

Used printer for 1st time in 6mths. I was trying to print out a text document and it was faint, missed lines and useless. I repeated it for 10 copies till I got one which would suffice. I assume the printer jets have dried up ( ink cartridge are full).

If I run off more copies will it continue to improve or am I wasting paper and need to just get new printer and use it regular?

I also printed a colour picture and it came out crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                        you are a relative tech noob - where does one go to build and self publish their own website? Are things like Blogger etc the best way now or what?
                                                                                                                        Build a site, sell online, earn with your content, and more

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                          Tech Question;

Used printer for 1st time in 6mths. I was trying to print out a text document and it was faint, missed lines and useless. I repeated it for 10 copies till I got one which would suffice. I assume the printer jets have dried up ( ink cartridge are full).

If I run off more copies will it continue to improve or am I wasting paper and need to just get new printer and use it regular?

I also printed a colour picture and it came out crap.
                                                                                                                          feed the printed pages back into the printer to print on the back until it's printing properly.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X