Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Hitch, Accommodation sorted for the Mrs after she does you in. ..http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centr...aire_de_Rennes

Comment

She left Rennes after a bad end to a relationship with an immature eejit
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Nicholas Nassem Taleb

from his facebook

Nonlinearity of Progress and the S curve.
        I once had to choose for a post-conference dinner between a lively Greek Taverna and a high-high class restaurant with Michelin Star etc. I was voted down in favor of the high class restaurant, where I had to suffer through the "experience" of eating complicated tiny stuff (very very complicated) with paired wine, etc., while listening to some bullshit by the sommelier and faking that I was not bored. Other customers in the room seemed, as we say in Lebanese, to have a cork stuck in their behind (all men wore ties). The meal cost the organizers ~$200 per person.
        After the meal (I was still starving), I drove to my favorite pizza place and got 2 slices of Nick's Pizza for $6.95. I was furious, feeling hoodwinked by some constructed story that everyone was buying.
        Now let us discuss constructed preferences vs natural ones: if I had a choice: between paying $200 for a pizza or $6.95 for the French complicated experience, I would pay $200 for the pizza, plus $9.95 for a bottle of Malbec wine. Actually I would pay to not have the Michelin experience.
        There exists a sophistication that has negative utility. This tells us something about wealth & GDP growth in society: the presence an "S" curve beyond which you get incremental harm. It is detectable only if you get rid of constructed preferences.
        Now societies have been getting wealthier and wealthier, many beyond the positive part of the "S" curve. And I am certain that if pizza were priced at $200, the people with a cork in their behind would be lining up for it. But it is too easy to produce so they opt for the costly, and pizza will be always cheaper than the complicated crap.

Comment

Is Airbnb any use?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
            Is Airbnb any use?
            Urm, it's very good at helping you find spare rooms you can stay in... The quality of the place you stay is not guaranteed. I've used it a few times and have yet to have a bad experience, but there are plenty of horror stories out there.
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
              Is Airbnb any use?
              It's class. Have used it in NY, LA, London and a good few other cities and have yet to have a bad experience. Generally you can tell how good the place is by the pictures and reviews. I've always ticked 'Entire Home' rather than a room in a place as I prefer to have my own space. This can be a little more expensive but it's down to personal preference and I'm sure the shared places are fine too. It's great for big groups too if you're somewhere for a few nights for a weekend etc. Couldn't recommend it enough.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Well done Pope Francis. The man knows the true meaning of beautiful.
                  On the issue of child abuse Pope draws the line at facials!

Comment

In hestons perfectionist cafe in Heathrow atm, damn good Reuben sambo must say
                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Fuckin airports

Ehonda... Are you messing with me? Got bumped from my flight
                      SPOILER
                      missed it by five fuckin mins
                      and next flight out (which I got on) has been delayed by an hour. What evil powers do you have to affect my flights in LAX

WP son, WP!

Kinda remind me of that esipode from Only Fools and Horses with del boy stealing the satellite dish from the airport.
                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Will be in Tullamore tonight in the heart of biffodom. Best pub for a late social(or anti who cares) beer ?

In Finland they have a moral code to never slap a hungry child.. I guess if they are feeding their face you can slap them elsewhere for some parental non-humiliating justice.

Comment

Hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                              On the issue of child abuse Pope draws the line at facials!

LOL, WPWPWPWPWPWPWPWPWPWP.

Comment

I just can't believe how spectacularly I've just messed up.

Rang by a researcher for a Monday night RTE show. He goes 'Eamonn Dunphy is coming on saying that he lives half in France and half in Ireland; and what you get for your tax in France is vastly better than Ireland'

He asks; as an economist would you have a comment on that?

I of course start chuckling and go 'you know its mad you say that, because...[moving to France story]

So now I'm on the show talking about this, apparently. An economist and my own perspective on why I chose France.

The big fucking fucking fuck up here - I haven't told work yet I'm leaving and wasn't planning to for ages, but now I'm going announcing it instead on national tv in front of a few hundred thousand people.

What's the play here?
                                "Once I got off the call with you I tried to re-organise a talk/meeting/travel plans (something else), as I would really have enjoyed going on the show, but was unable to do so.

Also, stop saying yes to go on TV totally unprepared!

Comment

I just can't believe how spectacularly I've just messed up.

Rang by a researcher for a Monday night RTE show. He goes 'Eamonn Dunphy is coming on saying that he lives half in France and half in Ireland; and what you get for your tax in France is vastly better than Ireland'

He asks; as an economist would you have a comment on that?

I of course start chuckling and go 'you know its mad you say that, because...[moving to France story]

So now I'm on the show talking about this, apparently. An economist and my own perspective on why I chose France.

The big fucking fucking fuck up here - I haven't told work yet I'm leaving and wasn't planning to for ages, but now I'm going announcing it instead on national tv in front of a few hundred thousand people.

What's the play here?
                                  Say nothing for the lols... Just go to work the next day and say it was all bullshit and you made it up to get on the show with Dumphy as you got a man crush on him. Spin it out for a few months and then casually say I'm off to France fuckers...
                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                    Say nothing for the lols... Just go to work the next day and say it was all bullshit and you made it up to get on the show with Dumphy as you got a man crush on him. Spin it out for a few months and then casually say I'm off to France fuckers...
                                    Not real advise obv.... Just something I wish I had the guts to do.

Comment

I'm way behind here but Nightcrawler and Birdman are two fine films imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                        I'm way behind here but Nightcrawler and Birdman are two fine films imo.
                                        Birdman kinda disappeared up its own hole for me.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Someone who thinks William Tell wrote Hamlet went on Pointless... WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              Someone who thinks William Tell wrote Hamlet went on Pointless... WTF
                                              Enjoying todays episode SP?

Comment

Hmm... Another hour delay. Ehonda... You just made an unpowerful enemy

Comment

Get home, make a cup of tea, no fucking milk. Not happy. Was looking forward all day to a nice cup of tea, twirl and a sit down.

Bumblebee Man takes over reading the news from Kent Brockman after Bart stole his Danish
                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                    Get home, make a cup of tea, no fucking milk. Not happy. Was looking forward all day to a nice cup of tea, twirl and a sit down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KYS6xeoBnc
                                                    How many hours would it take to resaddle the horse to get back to the big city ?

Townies...
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                      How many hours would it take to resaddle the horse to get back to the big city ?

Townies...
                                                      Wotchu on bout m8. Where you live?

Comment

Wotchu on bout m8. Where you live?
                                                        Over 5km to the nearest shop, wheres your nearest cow juice outlet ?
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

There is much more to it than Lottie revealed. Bad times.

Comment

Hoping you still managed the twirl

Comment

Probably 1k, I live in Dublin City mate.

Comment

Is 40€ per hour a bit steep for werewolf coaching considering I'll be using Skype and it will be a group, minimum 3 at the moment but likely more

I'm estimating 2/3 hours for basic stuff and 8/10 hours for all my secrets
                                                                Last edited by Wesley Harms; 06-02-15, 18:18.

Comment

Probably 1k, I live in Dublin City mate.
                                                                  The walk will do you good, some night air. The tea will be more worthwhile after it, and maybe grab a bag of cans for the LLS too ?
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

The walk will do you good, some night air. The tea will be more worthwhile after it, and maybe grab a bag of cans for the LLS too ?
                                                                    ah m8 listen here. I've been up since the crack of 9.30, 4 buses today, picked up a 4 pack of hoegarden. Didn't have a brew all day, just got in, plan was to have a cup of tea and a piroutte, then bust into the beers before heading later to meet a friend for a gig he has a +1 to that will quite likely be shit, in fact, a guy I mentioned it to said he played there recently and will never return (Opium rooms if anyone has milk spare).

So there you have it, I'm laying on the couch now, staring into the abyss that is my cup of black cold tea. And I'm <not> arsed with anything anymore.
                                                                    Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 06-02-15, 18:24. Reason: <not>

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                      Is 40€ per hour a bit steep for werewolf coaching considering I'll be using Skype and it will be a group, minimum 3 at the moment but likely more

I'm estimating 2/3 hours for basic stuff and 8/10 hours for all my secrets
                                                                      Don't undersell yourself dude... I would go with 100€ per hour... After all you're awesome

Comment

I used way too many fucking commas in that post. In fairness though, I'm upset and rightly so.

Comment

Arsehole clientele in opium rooms alright. And not a cheap drink to be had
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Dice bossing the deepstack BTW

Comment

IPB Darts Premier League Prediction Competition for anyone interested

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                Regretting say yes now. And the l8 l8 is on too and CHD geared up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                  Dice bossing the deepstack BTW
                                                                                  He's bust no? Awesome BBV'ing if he is!

Comment

whoops

Comment

Don't undersell yourself dude... I would go with 100€ per hour... After all you're awesome
                                                                                      3 signed up at 40, can up price next time after the success of the first group

Comment

Hmm... Another hour delay. Ehonda... You just made an unpowerful enemy
                                                                                        Another 4 hours delay... Really Ehonda, really !?!?

Edit: just changed my flight. Leave in two hours instead of 4... Take that Ehonda!!!

Comment

Skybet have City, Chelsea and Southampton enhanced to 3-1 at the moment on a price boost thing. It's around 2-1 shot normally. 25 max bet.

Opr

Comment

Anyone here have any experience with Kolbe Analysis?

Hotspur? Or any of the finance heads?

Thoughts on it?
                                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                He's bust no? Awesome BBV'ing if he is!
                                                                                                Strong stuff that BBV. Note to self - when someone 5 bets you on the flop & you have bottom pair with a mighty 3 kicker, he's probably ahead. 2.2 milly pot

Comment

Random thing.

Saved By the Bell was mentioned yesterday and don't think anyone mentioned the clusterfark that is the life of Lark Voorhies aka Screech's one true love:

She's apparently obsessed with commas and insists on adding them to everything for spiritual reasons. The below being an opener to one of her books:

So, you're, in, good, company...
                                                                                                  ...luckforsome almost looks normal now...

Comment

Cardiff looks class. Considering England's injuries Wales should win but fancy England for some reason.

Comment

Come on the Welsh Dragon !
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Let's rugby.

Comment

Welsh doing a good job of firing the English up.

Comment

This is shit

Comment

Murica.

Comment

Discover topics like space man problems, rep ost, op is a big fat phony, literal 1st world problem, things that didnt happen, crazy how nature do dat, fake, Funny, and the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like MarinaHantiz.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Worth the admission alone that anthem.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

This is great again

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                      Random thing.

Saved By the Bell was mentioned yesterday and don't think anyone mentioned the clusterfark that is the life of Lark Voorhies aka Screech's one true love:

She's apparently obsessed with commas and insists on adding them to everything for spiritual reasons. The below being an opener to one of her books:

So, you're, in, good, company...

Should hook her up with luckforsome edit: Fuck ya Flushdraw
                                                                                                                      When are you coming for a pint luckforsome?
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 06-02-15, 20:20.

Comment

This could embarrass the sweet chariot.
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

What happens if it hits the post and comes back out on the pitch? Can the English boys leg it in and score another touchdown?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X