This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    Anyone been to croatia, going for a look with a few lads any recommendations?
    Yes.

Was in Dubrovnik and Corcula. Was class.

Nightlife looked serious in Dubrovnik.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
      Yes.

Was in Dubrovnik and Corcula. Was class.

Nightlife looked serious in Dubrovnik.
      Got some cheap flights into zadar so gonna take it from there. Heard good things
      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
        Would people leave cleaners alone in your home while you go run some errands for an hour or so?
        How often do people get a cleaner that use them and for how long?
        I'm in serious need as I can't look after myself

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          Mine comes for 2-3 hours every 2 weeks.

Comment

Anyone been to croatia, going for a look with a few lads any recommendations?
            yes , I also did a review in The Holiday thread.

Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...2&postcount=10
              Is this like the films then or what?

Looks good plenty of local cuisine. Boat rental could be a laugh. Goin in April though may be a bit cold
              airport, lol

Comment

Don't forget to give the house a good clean before the cleaner comes.

Comment

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...2&postcount=10
                  There is a holiday thread ? ?

edit, the memory really is the first to go, i have thanked posts in there or someone is impersonating me.
                  Last edited by oleras; 04-02-15, 15:45.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                    There is a holiday thread ? ?
                    yes!
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by brianmc View Post
                      All testing is to a level of probability too... blood testing that may be 99.9% accurate can be complemented with other "tests"... like "have you had risky sex?" to improve the accuracy of the overall screening by an order of magnitude, I'd expect.
                      I've always wanted to write on the sheet to the question;
                      "have you ever paid for sex?"

We all pay for sex, whether we know it at the time or not.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                        Fuck off manflu, you horrible twat. First dose of it I've had for months and I don't appreciate it.
                        Yep, woke up with a bad cough this morning. Running a temp now. To the chemist and then bed. No training for me.
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                          Don't forget to give the house a good clean before the cleaner comes.
                          Yep I have to clean it to get it to a dirty state that will be accepted by a cleaner, and then do my hair before my hair cut.

Comment

Got some cheap flights into zadar so gonna take it from there. Heard good things
                            Zrce Beach, Pag Island has to be your priority. Best place near Zadar. Might only a summer place tho - when you going? Zrce Beach is the party place with nightclubs along the beach til sunrise. We stayed in Novalja. In Dubrovnik and Pag we just rented rooms by the night from people that lived there. It'd be an apartment type setup usually with you having a different door to them. Rotten cheap. In Novalja it came in handy that I spoke German - seems to be their Ibiza so as many German speakers/signs as English. We found people looking to rent out rooms wherever the buses stop dropping off tourists. Could be a shite place off season so look into it.

Split was grand for a night or two but nothing amazing - a pit stop if driving all the way to Dubrovnik from Zadar. Got a hostel bang in middle fairly easily. Parking was very tricky tho.

In Dubrovnik I recommend staying in the old town if you can get a room or two. Stayed there for two nights, went up the coast and stayed about 15 mins walk from old town for two nights when we came back and it was definitely a pain in the ass. There was a bar on the cliff-face open til 2am (other bars closed earlier) just called the rock bar. Food everywhere in Dubrovnik was amazing and local beers pretty savage too.

Regretted not heading to Sarajevo for a night or two. Would be very doable if going for a week or more and driving around.

Comment

Sounds great cheers. Going in April so can't see it being party season
                              airport, lol

Comment

I know there's plenty of festivals on around but early for that. Just wanna see the place and do plenty of drinking. Zrce beach looks like type of place would be shut down that early
                                airport, lol

Comment

Has anyone actually proposed a decent argument for increasing the minimum price of beer/wine?
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                    Has anyone actually proposed a decent argument for increasing the minimum price of beer/wine?
                                    It will cost more
                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

seriously thinking of doing this as well.
                                      Two of us are rarely home working all hours lately.
                                      As a result day to day care of the apartment is at an all time low.

Comment

Having some of the most expensive booze in Europe isn't enough, we can go higher?
                                        Consumption declining for over a decade isn't enough?
                                        Vintners need a dig out?

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                          Split was grand for a night or two but nothing amazing - a pit stop if driving all the way to Dubrovnik from Zadar. Got a hostel bang in middle fairly easily. Parking was very tricky tho.
                                          Loved my trip to Croatia but looking back I really wished I had made it to Split - simply for this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diocletian%27s_Palace

Looks amazing!

Comment

raise price of cheap alcohol for home consumption >>>??????????????????? > people return in droves to get fiscally raped to a background soundtrack of kay burley>>>profit

Comment

seriously thinking of doing this as well.
                                              Two of us are rarely home working all hours lately.
                                              As a result day to day care of the apartment is at an all time low.
                                              Try having kids whose soul mission is to destroy the place when you are there

Comment

this the best option for internet use in vegas?

Comment

What a bizarre and yet fantastic app

A map pops up with all the local businesses, but I think you can call anyone, you text the question or message and a rep from the app goes and calls them for you and then texts you the reply. All for free.

Doesn't look like anyone is using it here yet as the frequent question for Mulligan's is "What's your daily beer special?" which I imagine would only get a gruff reply.

Comment

It runs in the family so obviously some royal blood somewhere.
                                                    Would have happily cut my foot off last night
                                                    Had 3 attacks in my big toe in 5 years, very painful. A few weeks ago I had it in my ankle and the pain was 10 times worse, literally crying with pain for 24 hours.

Comment

Any decent tournaments in Dublin city tonight?
                                                      Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          Trying to work out the best way to tell the mother when I meet her this evening:

1. You're having another grandkid [yay!]
                                                          2. But he/she will be brought up in France [awkward silence]

(offer for France received earlier today. In negotiations on the details)
                                                          Marriage back on track then?

Comment

Im off to China next month, starting a new job in Beijing, is pokerstars accessible from there?
                                                            Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                              Im off to China next month, starting a new job in Beijing, is pokerstars accessible from there?
                                                              I'd be surprised if it was, but IanMc or jbravado should be able to tell you if no one else can.

Comment

Think there's a one Chinese player per table rule in place so definitely allowed, just no idea if you need to bypass Chinese internet blocks to play.

Comment

This is the future imo

SPOILER

No vintage kitchen for me this week

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                    Fuck off manflu, you horrible twat. First dose of it I've had for months and I don't appreciate it.
                                                                    Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                    Yep, woke up with a bad cough this morning. Running a temp now. To the chemist and then bed. No training for me.
                                                                    Man the fuck up the lot of ye!!!

or else

SPOILER
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Congrats on offer Hitch.

Congrats Brian, hat are you going to be doing in China?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                          Congrats on offer Hitch.

Congrats Brian, hat are you going to be doing in China?
                                                                          Thanks man, i'm gonna be teaching English to kids, not something ive done before however im in it more for the adventure / experience. My first time leaving Europe.
                                                                          Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

The National Lottery have confirmed that the €10m jackpot due to take place this evening is to be postponed until tomorrow night.

Sigh, have to wait another night it seems

Comment

Thanks man, i'm gonna be teaching English to kids, not something ive done before however im in it more for the adventure / experience. My first time leaving Europe.
                                                                              There is a thread on boards from a guy who is teaching in China. I think his name is MrLoverman but he answers questions that people may have.
                                                                              Seems a helpful short of chap but I can't think of which forum it's in.

edit; here it is:

Also you have just made me realise how much crap I read on boards. It's not like I was ever likely to go teaching in China yet I had still read that thread.
                                                                              Last edited by Cuchulainn1; 04-02-15, 19:35.

Comment

...

Comment

Trying to work out the best way to tell the mother when I meet her this evening:

1. You're having another grandkid [yay!]
                                                                                  2. But he/she will be brought up in France [awkward silence]

(offer for France received earlier today. In negotiations on the details)
                                                                                  That's an impressive turn around from a couple of weeks ago.
                                                                                  The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                    This is the future imo

SPOILER

SPOILER

What?
                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

You are literally correct according to recent research.
                                                                                      If ya need honey you'll do no better than our own brianmc. Got another order in from him yesterday. Smashing stuff. Recommended.

Comment

Might be worth the read, was good at the time.

Comment

You are literally correct according to recent research.
                                                                                          I pretty much never have gotten sick in a decade, hot water + lemon is essentially magic.

Breathe it in as well as drink it, big pharma don't want you to know this one simple trick.

Comment

Borussia Dortmund has to be the most under achieving team in any big league in my memory.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                              Borussia Dortmund has to be the most under achieving team in any big league in my memory.
                                                                                              Still being massively underpriced aswell, 2/5 today to win against the team in 4th and has double there points

Comment

Low cost grog is not a problem, our nations relationship with drink is. The idea that we have to protect ourselves from ourselves with this legislation is worrying.

They same people in favour of a ban on below cost selling couldn't ban drink sponsorship in sports.

How many publicans are in government these days?
                                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I've always wanted to write on the sheet to the question;
                                                                                                  "have you ever paid for sex?"

We all pay for sex, whether we know it at the time or not.
                                                                                                  I can't remember whose line it is... "I don't pay them for sex, I pay them to leave afterwards"
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Yea minimum unit pricing for booze is only a tiny step and a fraction of what is needed.

Decriminalise all drugs, outlaw all forms of marketing, tax the bejaysus out of them in proportion to the social and health costs (that leaves unbranded alcohol somewhere about €10 per unit IMO) and crucify anyone trying to sell them outside the taxed channels with huge fines and minimum 12 year sentences.

There you have a sound and sensible drugs policy.
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

bagpipes at the reebok

Comment

do you have any of Tony Foley's em research lying around by any chance hitch?

Comment

Anyone who cannot see the problem with below cost selling is a fucking idiot and not worth talking too!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                            Anyone who cannot see the problem with below cost selling is a fucking idiot and not worth talking too!
                                                                                                            Why you lynching him m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                              Why you lynching him m8
                                                                                                              Educational purposes

Comment

hi

Comment

No matter what the state you really dont want a cleaner. Especially if you are going to be there while the cleaner is there. People think cleaners take the worry away but the reality is that the cleaner is the worry. They are trustworthy to a fault but once you get to know them you will learn of their woes and all convo is downbeat. They will be picking up all your reads that you will be regretting it sooner than later and paying for the privilege.
                                                                                                                  I cracked after hearing my cleaners woes and found myself in her house trying to fix her broadband after listening to those woes. Her son a Tony Soprano lookalike emerged looking at me like if i dont fix the problem im dead. They know your comings and goings and after a while that wears on you but on the other hand after all the time put in you like them too. So you find yourself saying that when they leave never again. But they never leave, they turn up carrying the cross time and time again.

Comment

Anyone who thinks we should be paying more for drink is a mutant simpleton fruit bat . Even at below cost we are paying too much.

An index of alcohol prices. The countries are ranked relative to each other and the world average.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

hmm, bit worried bout myself now.

Will you march for cans?
                                                                                                                      The water thing, I'll avoid it if I can but I can see the logic, even if it isn't why de grubberment are bringing it in.

But our cans? Our naggins? They are so far over the line, the line is a dot to them.

So, if it hasn't been done, I'm thinking of starting a March for Cans...

Thinking of having it on dole day, in the afternoon, open to suggestions and support.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                      This is the future imo

SPOILER

SPOILER

What was the per head figure for food on the night last time, honest answer only now please.

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                      http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-30964974.html

Sigh, have to wait another night it seems
                                                                                                                      Must not have got the numbers.

I pretty much never have gotten sick in a decade, hot water + lemon is essentially magic.

Breathe it in as well as drink it, big pharma don't want you to know this one simple trick.
                                                                                                                      You are 20 something? No one gets sick in their 20's, it has fuck all to do with your veganism or hot lemon drinks. At least if you do get sick, it is for max 24 hours.
                                                                                                                      You could get aids in your 20's and you'd shake it off in 24 hours.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      Yea minimum unit pricing for booze is only a tiny step and a fraction of what is needed.

Decriminalise all drugs, outlaw all forms of marketing, tax the bejaysus out of them in proportion to the social and health costs (that leaves unbranded alcohol somewhere about €10 per unit IMO) and crucify anyone trying to sell them outside the taxed channels with huge fines and minimum 12 year sentences.

There you have a sound and sensible drugs policy.
                                                                                                                      You are an interesting human.
                                                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

LOL sickpuppy, chatting to me on FB and typed it all in boyles chatbox pmsl!!!
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

LOL sickpuppy, chatting to me on FB and typed it all in boyles chatbox pmsl!!!
                                                                                                                          RTÉ should make a 6 part series about you two hating each other then becoming best m8s.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X