This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Took a trip into JJ's for Dublin guitar night, good crowd, this gonna be good
    Been meaning to venture into the place, drop me a line next time you're rolling in.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Peeked in the window of an estate agent the other day and 300k wouldn't even get you a hovel tbh.
      Shirley you would get a 3 bed starter home in a starter suburb for that?

1,500 results on Daft (search criteria max 3 beds, max price 300k) although I did remove the word 'hovel'.

So if you pony up 50k of a deposit - a couple with ~70k income could buy one of these. Supply increases (new builds, NAMA stock, repossessions) plus proper mortgage regulation like the 20% deposit limit should keep this 300k bracket fairly constant. This is a good thing and FTBs arguing against it are actually working againat their own self-interest.

Or you could move to Leitrim and buy a 6 bed McMansion.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        Nicely ignoring the fact that he should have been sent off before that.
        It was a shocking attempt by Can to trip Costa up. Should be looked at retroactively and a ban dished out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

1,500 results on Daft (search criteria max 3 beds, max price 300k) although I did remove the word 'hovel'.

So if you pony up 50k of a deposit - a couple with ~70k income could buy one of these. Supply increases (new builds, NAMA stock, repossessions) plus proper mortgage regulation like the 20% deposit limit should keep this 300k bracket fairly constant. This is a good thing and FTBs arguing against it are actually working againat their own self-interest.

The younger crowd are more of a "I want what I want now type" in life these days from what I see.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
            I have a couple of trackers with Certus. 25 years left. What would be the % cash figure to buy out the mortgage or would they even entertain it. (both properties are not in negative equity)
            nriyh
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Fairly difficult for a couple on that money to get 50k together if they are living in the real world. I accept its probably still a good thing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                The younger crowd are more of a "I want what I want now type" in life these days from what I see.
                It's a bit concerning that 99% of media coverage in relation to the guidelines is in the tone of "it's so unfair!"

I'm guessing none of these informed commentators have read this:

http://www.centralbank.ie/regulation/po ... ending.pdf

Hmmm, that didn't work.search for CP87 on the CBI website.
                Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 27-01-15, 21:12.

Comment

Where do I sign up?

Comment

That is a starter house for sure (was expecting something terrible). It's on the Luas too. You would have to spend a few quid modernising.

Comment

That is a starter house for sure (was expecting something terrible). It's on the Luas too. You would have to spend a few quid modernising.
                      Are your ~70k couple who pumped their souls into their new home going to be happy with this? Why do people grind it out in dublin? Get it if you are flush but seriously!

Comment

It's in Donegal.

Edit to add: With it's D1 ber, you'd probably pay 5k a year to try and fail to keep it heated...
                        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 27-01-15, 21:23.

Comment

That was just the first one on the list, just can't see the appeal of saving up and taking on 25 years of debt for that.

Comment

Alaska, Lapland, Donegal, all bargain houses to be had for sure.

Comment

That was just the first one on the list, just can't see the appeal of saving up and taking on 25 years of debt for that.
                              So don't. That's the market though. You could move out to the exurbs and buy something bigger.

What do you think you should be able to buy as a FTB?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                Been meaning to venture into the place, drop me a line next time you're rolling in.
                                Will do Danny, this is on the last Tue of every month, gonna try make it each month, I'll give you a whistle next time dude.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

So don't. That's the market though. You could move out to the exurbs and buy something bigger.

You sound a bit bitters mate.

Comment

One could move up the road from me in the very sought after Forest Park for a mere 178 k

Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Just commenting on the sheer lunacy of it. Have never had any interest in buying.

Comment

Couples on €70k combined, without kids and intent on buying, should be saving €10k/year for their deposit, at the minimum. Its not impossible... It's not even that hard to be honest! A few years saving = your deposit for a starter home. Never had kids so am guessing its hard to save with them, but childless couples will always have the financial advantage here unfortunately.

I'm most likely buying in Dublin this year, happy these measures have come in, would've suited us if they were more stringent to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                          You sound a bit bitters mate.
                                          Not at all. The fallacy that you could have, in fact deserved the 'house of your dreams' during the bubble was a major contributing factor to the fuck-up that was the noughties in Ireland. So it's a bit disturbing to see intimations of same creeping back in.

Comment

Proper rent to buy schemes.

Comment

This is all a dastardly conspiracy to overpopulate rural Ireland with tens of thousands of Anto's and Deco's seeking asylum from darkest Dublin and replace them with the cream of the country.
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  This is all a dastardly conspiracy to overpopulate rural Ireland with tens of thousands of Anto's and Deco's seeking asylum from darkest Dublin and replace them with the cream of the country.

NAZI Conspirator : How many syllables in the word 'HOME'
                                                  Anto : TWO

NAZI Conspirator : Get on the fucking train

(for the day that's in it)

Comment

Lol gerrard should have got the line there

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                      Lolgerrard should have got the line there

FYP

as seen on twitter

One more Costa stamp and Liverpool get a free medium Cappuccino.
                                                      Last edited by SonofSolsks; 27-01-15, 22:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                        It's in Donegal.

Edit to add: With it's D1 ber, you'd probably pay 5k a year to try and fail to keep it heated...
                                                        The one in Dublin for 300k is BER F!

Comment

LOL at that fucking fool of an oul wan on the Quinn Prime Time story going on about 'Our' glass factory
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Lol gerrard should have got the line there
                                                            They should be down to 8. Conceded two penos. Getting away with loads but all the liverpool fans across the net are saying Chelsea should be down to 9, Costa is worse than Suarez, Chelsea are terrible.

They are a hilarious bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                              They should be down to 8. Conceded two penos. Getting away with loads but all the liverpool fans across the net are saying Chelsea should be down to 9, Costa is worse than Suarez, Chelsea are terrible.

Chances of a Costa ban for the stamps?

Comment

Oh do kindly fuck off McQuaid

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  LOL at that fucking fool of an oul wan on the Quinn Prime Time story going on about 'Our' glass factory
                                                                  Was loling at that myself, they have drank some serious Kool aid up there.
                                                                  Ah sure all is forgiven Sean,we'll sneak you in the backdoor & you can tip away in the background till this blows over.

Comment

As I said elsewhere, 99% of football fans are hypocrites, including you and probably me too.

Stop pretending the world is against poor little Chelsea.

Comment

Chances of a Costa ban for the stamps?
                                                                      Small chance but ref only books him if he sees it imo. Executed perfectly. Second wasn't a stamp was it? Will look for a gif.

He could easily have been booked twice. Needs to calm the fuck down and go back to winding people up like earlier in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                        As I said elsewhere, 99% of football fans are hypocrites, including you and probably me too.

Stop pretending the world is against poor little Chelsea.
                                                                        I don't pretend the world is against Chelsea but making things up is always a great way to make up a point/response.

Chelsea have been robbed of penalties and frees all season, this is well known. Liverpool should have been down to 9 and us 10. Costa is a dirty lunatic. You are right about most fans, rarely includes me

Liverpool fans go on like they are persecuted worse than black people in 1800s America.

Comment

Liverpool need to get dirty, far too nice.

When Gerrard and Costa tangled, Skyrtel should go straight through the back of Costa next ball. you can be sure Roy Keane would have.

Hazard top top class though. only difference.

Eng teams won't win a CL for about 10 years.

Comment

In fairness Costa is worse in some ways as it seems to be a constant scowling niggling battle against the world every single game - 8 yellow cards for a forward by January is fairly incredible.
                                                                            Whereas Suarez for long periods is an easy going mind-his-own-business kind of player (ignoring the 3 biting incidents obviously!)

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                              Liverpool need to get dirty, far too nice.

When Gerrard and Costa tangled, Skyrtel should go straight through the back of Costa next ball. you can be sure Roy Keane would have.

Hazard top top class though. only difference.

Jose will win at least one with Chelsea in the next 5 years and English teams will be money powerhouses from now on. Just need to stop signing players that don't suit their style of football.

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                                                                                The deposit part is likely to restrict more people, although this should have more of a long term calming affect.

Means 1x 30k income can buy a €116k house, €60k can buy €233k house. You can still buy a house in either case, but are very limited in where and how big
                                                                                This is silly also because it is taking gross? Taking standard gross/net with no deductions the 60k person would get 60% more, not 100% more than the 30k person.

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                Fairly difficult for a couple on that money to get 50k together if they are living in the real world. I accept its probably still a good thing though.
                                                                                It would be trivial to get 50k together on 2x35k salaries tbh, a couple of years. If people want something they save for it. Sure you cut back but if you want to buy a house you have to.

I don't get the obsession with buying anyway unless you are in a particularly settled circumstance.

Comment

http://m.bbc.com/sport/cycling/31012367

Oh do kindly fuck off McQuaid
                                                                                  He's a victim. Of himself.

Where did all those Livestrong fanboys go anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                    In fairness Costa is worse in some ways as it seems to be a constant scowling niggling battle against the world every single game - 8 yellow cards for a forward by January is fairly incredible.
                                                                                    Whereas Suarez for long periods is an easy going mind-his-own-business kind of player (ignoring the 3 biting incidents obviously!)
                                                                                    He can be dirty but he has played alot of minutes. Has a role different to alot of forwards too.

Persistent fouling and getting stuck in doesn't really compare to biting, spitting and abusing people.

The stamp tonight was sly though.

Comment

Greece's new finance minister Yanis Varoufakis is Valve's former Steam Market economist
                                                                                      (Steam market is a virtual gaming item trading economy)

tesla's new insane mode

With a hidden camera installed, Brooks Weisblat takes unsuspecting riders for an "Insane" ride in the Tesla Model S P85D.Tesla Referral Code: http://ts.la/br...

check out the falling electronics in the last clip, shows the force as it falls so slowly.
                                                                                      Electric cars are so good off the line.
                                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 27-01-15, 22:55.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                        The one in Dublin for 300k is BER F!
                                                                                        And a grand starter home apparently.

Comment

Just watched Whiplash - very enjoyable.

Might watch American Sniper or Inherent Vice tomorrow night.

Barely watched 20 new movies all of last year.

Already on 6 for 2015
                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

I will take that bet

Comment

cunts chelsea fucking cunts

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                that's a positive m8
                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                  that's a positive m8
                                                                                                  He loved the Liverpool fans.

Comment

was a good game tonight, nice to see games that are highly charged.
                                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                                                                                                      Means 1x 30k income can buy a €116k house, €60k can buy €233k house. You can still buy a house in either case, but are very limited in where and how big
                                                                                                      100k is around 400k total. That all sounds pretty reasonable to me.
                                                                                                      A sole income of 30k isn't really adequate to take on a 300k+ house.

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                      Re: Hotspur's reply above, again obviously in that case the couple can buy a place for €300k but I've looked recently and haven't seen a house I'd like for €300k. What if you're single? You essentially can't buy a house unless you earn 3x or 4x the national average or something.

My granny died last year and her house is on the market at the moment for ~€900k in Churchtown. It's not a particularly big house and hasn't been touched since it was built in the mid-90s so probably needs ~€100k of work. A couple earning €200k between them, a huge ask and very rare, couldn't buy that house unless they had a huge deposit sitting in cash.
                                                                                                      What would the national average be these days?

FWIW, a couple earning 200k maxes out at borrowing 700k, and the min deposit means that they can go as high as 818k. And tbh if they didn't have a lot more than 100k in equity/savings then they shouldn't be looking anywhere near a 900k house.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                      Couples on €70k combined, without kids and intent on buying, should be saving €10k/year for their deposit, at the minimum. Its not impossible... It's not even that hard to be honest! A few years saving = your deposit for a starter home. Never had kids so am guessing its hard to save with them, but childless couples will always have the financial advantage here unfortunately.
                                                                                                      +1 to all of that.

Planning on buying this year. Saving is easy. But sydney house prices are crazy
                                                                                                      A 1 or 1.5 bed apartment in Sydney's east is look like $550k (375k euro)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                        What would the national average be these days?)
                                                                                                        National average is as meaningless in Ireland as it is in Australia. If you had 50k in cash and knew the right people (local bank manager, local auctioneer) you could pick up a grand house in the sticks. There's empty new builds all over the country.

Comment

So if you have nothing better to do there is a very long Property Pin thread on this topic of LTIs and LTVs (and how the former, despite what the media would have you bel8eve, is actually more important).

Be warned: lots of 'told you so' but I guess they are entitled.

Comment

Is that not intuitive? Your ability to pay >>>> whatever valuation has been put on your PDH.

My point was just questioning the sanity of Mr and Mrs 70k using their savings and several years gross salary to buy a 'two up two down' in Dublin 8. When for the 1.4k pm they could rent a decent apartment in town. Obv they're missing out on 'getting on the ladder' and having a 'starter home' but they're also missing out on the commute and buying a big illiquid asset in a deflationary cycle.

Comment

Is that not intuitive? Your ability to pay >>>> whatever valuation has been put on your PDH.

My point was just questioning the sanity of Mr and Mrs 70k using their savings and several years gross salary to buy a 'two up two down' in Dublin 8. When for the 1.4k pm they could rent a decent apartment in town. Obv they're missing out on 'getting on the ladder' and having a 'starter home' but they're also missing out on the commute and buying a big illiquid asset in a deflationary cycle.
                                                                                                              It's all about lifestyle choices. The obvious point is that a lot of people don't stop to think about their priorities in life and instead live their lives through the lens of "what everyone else is doing" or "what's expected at our age/status/life stage".

It's sad really but if you take as independent and individualised perspective as possible it does result in greater life utility results for you at the expense of other people's sub optimal choices.

I advised a guy yesterday earning ~350k pa. His life quality is very poor and he's working for a mega mortgage. You'd have to question his priorities imo.
                                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                I advised a guy yesterday earning ~350k pa. His life quality is very poor and he's working for a mega mortgage. You'd have to question his priorities imo.
                                                                                                                That's crazy. He must be incredibly bad his money, and choices in general.
                                                                                                                A fraction of that is needed for decent quality of life. I suppose the majority of it is fueling a house that he is supposed to live in according to his salary.

Comment

I suppose he loses more than half to tax, 10% to 20% in pension, and if he has a mortgage based on 3.5 gross that probably takes the rest (probably private school and car to pay for too)
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 28-01-15, 10:52.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                    It's all about lifestyle choices. The obvious point is that a lot of people don't stop to think about their priorities in life and instead live their lives through the lens of "what everyone else is doing" or "what's expected at our age/status/life stage".
                                                                                                                    No house, no mortgage, no children, no car. I should probably just retire now with my lack of financial commitments!

Comment

No house, no mortgage, no children, no car. I should probably just retire now with my lack of financial commitments!
                                                                                                                      Name change for Denny imo

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                        That's crazy. He must be incredibly bad his money, and choices in general.
                                                                                                                        A fraction of that is needed for decent quality of life. I suppose the majority of it is fueling a house that he is supposed to live in according to his salary.
                                                                                                                        He's not necessarily bad with money at all. In fact he was pretty sharp on that side of things.

He has two very intense jobs that he clearly loves. I'd say he works 65-70 hours a week and spends too long commuting to a mansion that he just about manages to sleep in.

It's crazy to most peoples eyes and it's not a choice I'd make but it's what it generally takes to be at the top end of earnings etc. His motivations probably revolve around ego and wanting to feel important/respected in life and in work which for him are probably intimately entwined.

He's got enough respect for himself that he's willing to pay for top shelf advice from an adviser with an impactful tie anyway!!
                                                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X