This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    It's a great spectator sport imo - saw a couple of games at the Olympics years back. Reasonably violent too.
    The worlds were out in City west a few years ago, great setup with glass courts elevated seats etc. Great sport for drama and tension, like most at a high level the edges are small and psychology plays a big role. No hiding places in there, its you and opponent, any sign of weakness or tiring is a boost for the opposition. You are always probing for weaknesses in their technique, hiding yours, anticipating a few moves ahead to manipulate someone into areas you can take advantage of. Hand eye co-ordination is beyond important, after playing handball for a while hurling seems easy by comparison, as you have a huge reach with the hurl to save running into position. Its no co-incidence that Kilkenny are so successful at the hurling with a strong handball scene.
    A lot of GAA clubs are looking at handball alleys as they keep people involved in the club past the age of 30 odd. All you need is a fair match up with someone to make it competitive and can be played at any age.
    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
      Well it doesnt work on Wifi or 4g when it used to on both. I have my phone with 3 and Wifi with UPC.

I'll try T Torrent thanks.
      Are you going directly into the torrent sites? If so, try and get in via a proxy thru https://unblocked.pw/
      Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
        The worlds were out in City west a few years ago, great setup with glass courts elevated seats etc. Great sport for drama and tension, like most at a high level the edges are small and psychology plays a big role. No hiding places in there, its you and opponent, any sign of weakness or tiring is a boost for the opposition. You are always probing for weaknesses in their technique, hiding yours, anticipating a few moves ahead to manipulate someone into areas you can take advantage of. Hand eye co-ordination is beyond important, after playing handball for a while hurling seems easy by comparison, as you have a huge reach with the hurl to save running into position. Its no co-incidence that Kilkenny are so successful at the hurling with a strong handball scene.
        A lot of GAA clubs are looking at handball alleys as they keep people involved in the club past the age of 30 odd. All you need is a fair match up with someone to make it competitive and can be played at any age.
        I was talking about Olympic handball.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Unless things drastically improve, it's not looking good mate
          Ho ho ho

Comment

It's a great spectator sport imo - saw a couple of games at the Olympics years back. Reasonably violent too.
            Is it still widely played in primary schools? Remember getting beaten in the finals in Aughrim St in 5th class I think, dark days. Don't think was ever played in secondary, was great game to play

Comment

It hurt my hands.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                Shit, stop over in NY on Wednesday
                All these warnings are pretty serious, and they don't seem to be backing down. Many flights have already been cancelled. You might not be travelling on Wednesday, mate.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                  @ MrsF, I shall not have my minerals called into question
                  Thought I could drag you back out of hiding

Comment

Passport card to be an absolute blessing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                      All these warnings are pretty serious, and they don't seem to be backing down. Many flights have already been cancelled. You might not be travelling on Wednesday, mate.
                      Not looking good alright. At least Delta have been offering flight changes without the fee so will hopefully be able to fly a day or two later via an alternate route.

Comment

Had a show from FX called You're the Worst downloaded for the last while and binged watched it Friday night (cause jetlag is a motherfucker) it's just a short 10 episode season but has been renewed for a second, pretty solid watch for anybody looking for something new.
                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Anyone watch A Most Violent Year?

What did you think?

Some fine acting in that.

Comment

What did people think of Foxcatcher. The performances by the 3 leads were excellent but I have not watched a film that made my skin crawl more in a long time.
                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Im based in Zurich at the moment, is there anything I should or could be doing to capitalise on this swiss franc/euro nonsense? Bare in mind Im quasi retarded and dont fullt get whats going on.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                What did people think of Foxcatcher. The performances by the 3 leads were excellent but I have not watched a film that made my skin crawl more in a long time.
                                Some really good acting in it but the story and the relationships between the characters were told really badly IMO.

Comment

Dying of flu at the momand watched The Imitation Game, Theory of mongo and The drop in the Last two days. All are utter, utter shite. Are there nomdecent films made anymore? Had to watch Jaws this morning to restore my faith in film.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

What did you think?

Is there a screener?
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      Is there a screener?
                                      Perfect one.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Is there a screener?
                                        Yes. Quality is good but not great. Same as the film imo.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                          Dying of flu at the momand watched The Imitation Game, Theory of mongo and The drop in the Last two days. All are utter, utter shite. Are there nomdecent films made anymore? Had to watch Jaws this morning to restore my faith in film.
                                          I thought the Drop was quite good.
                                          I think you'd like Nightcrawler.

Comment

Im based in Zurich at the moment, is there anything I should or could be doing to capitalise on this swiss franc/euro nonsense? Bare in mind Im quasi retarded and dont fullt get whats going on.
                                            Drive over the border to do your shopping.

Comment

Watch Nightcrawler.

Comment

Do we know yet what day the Toulon semi will be on?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                  Do we know yet what day the Toulon semi will be on?
                                                  17/18/19 Apr

Not sure of day. Hope that it's Saturday but can't be sure as new organisers.

Comment

Stock up on Rolexes ahead of the estimated 20% price increase? *

Should not be considered financial advice, the value of your investment may fall as well as rise etc etc.

Comment

Seen Foxcatcher last night. Found it stranglely fascinating throughout with two amazing central performances but I dont think I could ever sit through it again.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                        Stock up on Rolexes ahead of the estimated 20% price increase? *

Should not be considered financial advice, the value of your investment may fall as well as rise etc etc.
                                                        This could be some sort of reverso Nazi gold scam, with Sam smuggling out watches to high stakes poker games.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                          Seen Foxcatcher last night. Found it stranglely fascinating throughout with two amazing central performances but I dont think I could ever sit through it again.

Opr
                                                          SPOILER
                                                          The scene with the Mother watching them wrestling is one of the creepiest scenes in any movie. Felt like pulling my arm off
                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

What did you think?

Garbage.

Most misleading film title of all time. Didn't really go anywhere and instantly forgettable.

Comment

Foxcatcher was dull, annoyingly so relative to the hype.

Comment

John Wick ftw

Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                  John Wick ftw

That film reminded me of playing Time Crisis in Dr.Quirkeys 15 years ago. Overall, a shot film with Keanu Reeves being as wooden as ever, but the shootout scenes were funky

Comment

That film reminded me of playing Time Crisis in Dr.Quirkeys 15 years ago. Overall, a shot film with Keanu Reeves being as wooden as ever, but the shootout scenes were funky
                                                                    ah it was easy watching, I liked it. no different to all the other Die Hard / Seagal type movies imo, wasnt THAT bad like
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Ex Machina delivers imo. Haven't seen the drop but I concur with your opinion re the other two (well I haven't seen theory either but it looks like awful pandering shite)
                                                                      Felt like ripping my eyeballs out last night after the mortdecai trailer, hopefully it will be the bullet to the head of quirky Depp.

Comment

Has anyone ever changed career? Thoughts? I've had in the back of my mind that what I am doing doesn't suit me very well, despite being good at it. It bores me at times and I mostly don't feel challenged by it. As part of a course I was on today I done a personality assessment and sure enough the instructor was surprised to learn what I do. Try taking the MBTI assessment, some here might find it interesting.

I suppose if changing career, there's a short/medium term financial impact, together with a potential long term one depending on career and success therein before/after. How do future employers view previous career changes?

Comment

Apparently I should be a religious leader, a pychologist or a teacher.

heal heallll HEALLLL

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                            Has anyone ever changed career? Thoughts? I've had in the back of my mind that what I am doing doesn't suit me very well, despite being good at it. It bores me at times and I mostly don't feel challenged by it. As part of a course I was on today I done a personality assessment and sure enough the instructor was surprised to learn what I do. Try taking the MBTI assessment, some here might find it interesting.

I suppose if changing career, there's a short/medium term financial impact, together with a potential long term one depending on career and success therein before/after. How do future employers view previous career changes?
                                                                            I did finance most of my life in some shape manner or form. Started in a CA office and then moved to private sector. When I moved to Ireland in 2002 I had been doing finance since 1990. I then ran a company for a few years which still kind of kept me/in the game. When I split with my ex and moved to where I am now I knew I wanted to do something else, I was 34 and fed up with Finance and since I was only part qualified and that was in the UK I decided now was the time to do it.

I started in a solicitors in 2007 and was there till 2010. I was planning on doing my FE1s and was going into partnership with the solicitor I worked with. She then closed down and Tony was made redundant and I then knew I couldnt spend my savings on the exams etc. I decided to do an Computer engineer course once the little one was a bit bigger as I had always enjoyed fixing computers and decided it would be good to have paperwork to show it.

But at the grand old age of 41 I knew I wanted to do something else. I wanted to open a gastro B&B and looked into that and decided that being a qualified chef would be the way to go. I now have 12 classes between me and my papers and I am now Head Pastry chef at the hotel I work in. I will officially graduate in October and cant wait.

I have found that my other two careers have helped me with what I want to do in the near future, as being good at finance is a definate plus when it comes to cheffing as you need to be able to do all the costings etc. And computer skills are essential. I will still fix them as I go along but I think I am finally content with the way my life/career is going.

I have found most people supportive of what I have done and admire me having the balls to make such a change at my age. There is no point being stuck in a job and hankering to do something else.

Long winded reply I know, but congratulations if you got this far

Comment

ISFP

Introvert(33%) Sensing(38%) Feeling(12%) Perceiving(33%)
                                                                              •You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
                                                                              •You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
                                                                              •You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
                                                                              •You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (33%)

...That's my result apparently, but the free trial things don't work...

Comment

That survey says I should be doing what I am doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                  Apparently I should be a religious leader, a pychologist or a teacher.

heal heallll HEALLLL
                                                                                  INTJ Introverted, intuative, Thinking, Judging
                                                                                  I should be in Natural Science and science education or information systems or computers lol

Comment

Question for the techies types- how much info could an employee with sufficient access pull at a mobile phone company or Internet service provider of they went rogue.
                                                                                    Eg you get into a disagreement with local politician who asks his brother at eircom to look through your Internet browsing history for something they can leverage against you. (or text messages for a phone company)

How secure is this info in these companies. Don't care about the NSA, I know they have it all stored somewhere anyway, but more small scale stuff must go on in the companies themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                      Seems like a pretty good book!

What's it bout m8.

ah it was easy watching, I liked it. no different to all the other Die Hard / Seagal type movies imo, wasnt THAT bad like
                                                                                      Mentioning Die Hard, especially the first one in the same breath with any of that other shite is a mortal sin.

Comment

That survey says I should be doing what I am doing.
                                                                                        War/Politics/Finance for me; slightly worrying implications there tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                          War/Politics/Finance for me; slightly worrying implications there tbh.
                                                                                          War is a continuation of politics by other means
                                                                                          von Clausewitz had his shit tight yo

Comment

I am probably a Nutjob

ESFJ
                                                                                            Extravert(56%) Sensing(25%) Feeling(62%) Judging(11%)
                                                                                            You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (56%)
                                                                                            You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (25%)
                                                                                            You have distinct preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
                                                                                            You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Weekdays is there anywhere that opens very early (ie around 6.30) that does a good breakfast in the city centre?

Comment

I'm at my folks' house and try and when I try to log into Pokerstars it doesn't let me. It was fine last week. Everything else works, general browsing, Full Tilt etc. I can't understand or fix it and it's testing my sanity. I'm using a MacBook Air, has anyone any ideas?

Comment

I am probably a Nutjob

ESFJ
                                                                                                  Extravert(56%) Sensing(25%) Feeling(62%) Judging(11%)
                                                                                                  You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (56%)
                                                                                                  You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (25%)
                                                                                                  You have distinct preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
                                                                                                  You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)
                                                                                                  What job type came up for you?

Comment

Thanks.

I should add that my thoughts aren't reactionary to taking that assessment, rather it just confirmed my intuition.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                      Weekdays is there anywhere that opens very early (ie around 6.30) that does a good breakfast in the city centre?
                                                                                                      Keoghs on Trinity St opens at 7 apparently, one of the earlier ones I went to after working nights in the Fitz.

Comment

ENTJ
                                                                                                        Extravert(22%) iNtuitive(75%) Thinking(62%) Judging(1%)
                                                                                                        You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (22%)
                                                                                                        You have distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
                                                                                                        You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
                                                                                                        You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader.
                                                                                                        sold

Comment

Asked this before.

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                          Just be aware that the version that is doing the rounds has most of the violent scenes edited out. I'm not sure exactly how much is missing but I think it's a decent chunk.

Opr
                                                                                                          Have just downloaded a newer version of this and it's 2hr 8 mins long (the end of the credits so i guess ~2hr 4mins. Cinema listing says 2hr 14mins, so i guess that's an edited one too? Don't want to watch it if so. Any full copies doing the rounds?
                                                                                                          Another 2 copies i found are both 2hr 8mins long. Thinking of just giving in and watching it.

Comment

Pulling a figure out of my arse but I'd say at least 50% of accountants change careers. It's not a waste of your studies or your time spent learning the trade. It would be a waste to spend 40 more years doing a job that doesn't challenge you.

You're too smart, too young and have no commitments so I'd say make a plan, research it as much as you reasonably can, and then go for it.
                                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

ESTJ
                                                                                                              Extravert(11%) Sensing(12%) Thinking(62%) Judging(44%)
                                                                                                              You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)
                                                                                                              You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
                                                                                                              You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Comment

INTJ
                                                                                                                Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(62%) Judging(67%)

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
                                                                                                                You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
                                                                                                                You have distinct preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

Computer Science and Software Engineering
                                                                                                                Natural Science
                                                                                                                Teaching Natural Science
                                                                                                                Engineering
                                                                                                                Management
                                                                                                                Entrepreneurship
                                                                                                                Librarian
                                                                                                                Law

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  What job type came up for you?
                                                                                                                  Management
                                                                                                                  Public Administration
                                                                                                                  Sales/Marketing Specialist
                                                                                                                  Fashion Merchandising
                                                                                                                  Nursing
                                                                                                                  Social Work

LOL at the Nursing!

This is very true though, thats good crack!

ESFJs are easily wounded. And when wounded, their emotions will not be contained. They by nature "wear their hearts on their sleeves," often exuding warmth and bonhomie, but not infrequently boiling over with the vexation of their souls. Some ESFJs channel these vibrant emotions into moving dramatic performances on stage and screen.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by SatNav; 26-01-15, 19:27.
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Anyone from Athlone or close by here? I am fairly sure of purchasing a car up there next week. The guy im buying from owns a business so ideally if I could find out has he a good rep. The second thing is I want an independent mechanic to check it so if someone could recommend someone within a close radius of Athlone where I could drive it to.
                                                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                                        Anyone from Athlone or close by here? I am fairly sure of purchasing a car up there next week. The guy im buying from owns a business so ideally if I could find out has he a good rep. The second thing is I want an independent mechanic to check it so if someone could recommend someone within a close radius of Athlone where I could drive it to.
                                                                                                                        Left out a fairly important detail there tipp.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                          Left out a fairly important detail there tipp.
                                                                                                                          ...I'm predicting Brown...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X