This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
    Anything that a shop has in stock will stay the same for a week or two unless they are cunts. But if anything has to be ordered than yeah pretty much. A lot of places are going to be short on stock after Christmas so things like submariners, Gmt are pretty much gonna go straight up as they have a high turnover so the watch you buy won't have been in stock more than a week or two.

We decided this morning that we aren't even quoting prices for anything that isn't in stock as its all changing next week.

I've sent our stock listing of Patek and Rolex to about eight ppl today all people that want to buy multiples before the prices go up.

If your looking at rolex sub's, GMT, milgauss, daytonas get them as soon as you can or you will be taking a hit.

The same with Patek. There is a killing to be made if you can get your hands on the right watches.
    If someone did buy 'the right watches' where could they sell them on to make said killing? Could you send me your list to adamfallon1 at gmail.com please? I think you said before you're in Cork did you?

Comment

Gone like hotcakes.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Why is Keane so interested in the Swiss economy? Doesn't he glue computer chips together or something? The only rational conclusion is that Intel pay his salary in chocolate vouchers.

And why is Deadparrot honeymooning in Switzerland?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
          What is it about very obviously fake joke website urls that make you click the link anyway just to see? We have become like conditioned pigeons pecking a lever imo.

Comment

I certainly won't be booking a 'honeymoon'. I'll book everything separately. What's the advantage of specifically booking a honeymoon rather than a good holiday? Rose petals on the bed type crap?

Comment

Never mind honeymoon, just about everything that is to do with a wedding can be done for less than half the price if you avoid calling it a wedding.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                Am I blind? How has this not been posted yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLMrHRuhxO4
                Kids got talent....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                  What should I be looking for a MacBook pro, 15 months old, scratch or two on the cover other than that it's perfect
                  I'm in the market for a laptop...
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                    What is the educated consensus on the forecast for the Euro?
                    This is not the consensus but it's the first I've heard of dollar parity:

Companies from Goldman Sachs Group Inc. to Pacific Investment Management Co., the world’s biggest manager of active bond funds, have in recent days talked about the euro falling to parity with the dollar, a 14 percent decline from its current level.

Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

06 Corsa, NCT till August 2016, taxed till the end of Febuary, 100,000 kms on it. Its in perfect condition.

What sort of price should I put this up for? Would like to get rid quick enough.

Oh and and its Silver!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                        And why is Deadparrot honeymooning in Switzerland?
                        It's been a lifelong dream to go to the toblerone factory*
                        *which is my cover for clandestine nazi gold hunting
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                          I'm in the market for a laptop...
                          Me too as it happens
                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                            Me too as it happens
                            Get rigger to sell your own one back to you

Also I'm still no closer to establishing a approximate value

Comment

Lloyd wants it, just hand it over and be glad he told you first
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

About 300 mate, but I like ya so I'll give ya 350
                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                  Meh, he should stick to his default Ian Paisley impression, he's got that nailed.

Comment

had an interview today, round 2 to be exact. Down to the last 3 so it's about who they think would fit best in the team, and not really down to me anymore, but as soon as I get home, who do i get a call from but their arch rivals, wanting me to come in to meet them.

Seriously, wtf? these are CVs I sent 6 to 8 weeks ago ffs!!!

Anyway, time to use my 1 fuckin' time at this stage.

I love not working and looking after the kids tbh, but time to get back on the grind and pay for that private school...

Comment

About 300 mate, but I like ya so I'll give ya 350
                                      That's robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        It's been a lifelong dream to go to the toblerone factory*
                                        *which is my cover for clandestine nazi gold hunting
                                        my dad used to work for nestle and we organised to bring my whole class to the factory, and we visited the smarties manufacturing belt. This was back in the 70s, and they allowed us to put our hands under the smarties dispenser unit before they get coloured. imagine 20 kids pigging out on fresh smarties!!

it really was a memorable moment in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                          had an interview today, round 2 to be exact. Down to the last 3 so it's about who they think would fit best in the team, and not really down to me anymore, but as soon as I get home, who do i get a call from but their arch rivals, wanting me to come in to meet them.

Seriously, wtf? these are CVs I sent 6 to 8 weeks ago ffs!!!

Anyway, time to use my 1 fuckin' time at this stage.

I love not working and looking after the kids tbh, but time to get back on the grind and pay for that private school...
                                          Everything's moving now that yearly budgets are approved and everyone's back from holidays. The jobs you applied for last year were departmental wishlists. The ones you'll interview for aren't just the ones you were accepted for, they're the ones that got full approval.
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

my dad used to work for nestle and we organised to bring my whole class to the factory, and we visited the smarties manufacturing belt. This was back in the 70s, and they allowed us to put our hands under the smarties dispenser unit before they get coloured. imagine 20 kids pigging out on fresh smarties!!

it really was a memorable moment in my life.
                                            My father worked in a dildo factory...

ach he didnt really.
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

So the one year old apple of my eye never shirks a request to wrestle These have been pretty even affairs up to now although he holds a slight lead, Today as I was drawing level in bouts he went all Mike Tyson on me and bit my ear , top and bottom teeth met arrghhhh, and I had to tickle him several times intensively under the arm to get him to release I can honestly say it was quite the shock. I knew having UFC on in the background was bad parenting. Now where does a man of my age get a suitable earring
                                              I'm willing to adapt my look to fit the UFC types out there. I draw the line at a pouncy beard though.

Comment

Any of the car experts here have any idea how low I can hope to get this guy down to?

Discover 88,406 New & Used Cars For Sale in Ireland on DoneDeal. Buy & Sell on Ireland's Largest Cars Marketplace.

I am thinking of purchasing warranty. Has anyone experience of doing this independently?
                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSolsks View Post
                                                  So the one year old apple of my eye never shirks a request to wrestle These have been pretty even affairs up to now although he holds a slight lead, Today as I was drawing level in bouts he went all Mike Tyson on me and bit my ear , top and bottom teeth met arrghhhh, and I had to tickle him several times intensively under the arm to get him to release I can honestly say it was quite the shock. I knew having UFC on in the background was bad parenting. Now where does a man of my age get a suitable earring
                                                  I'm willing to adapt my look to fit the UFC types out there. I draw the line at a pouncy beard though.
                                                  Willie my man. Good to have you back!

I lke this Hotspur inspired redux. We need some of the oldschool back here. I suggest we get DBC back. That is, if he isn't here in some other guise. This forum needs some popcorn. I also note Sledgejammer hasn't posted in a while.
                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                    Xeyboy - which city do you work in? Mind to send me a price list noel.hayes2 AT gmail.com or link to a website of the shop you work in - I had a good long look at some Breitlings before Xmas and kicked for touch. Presuming the standard 35% IPB discount will also apply.
                                                    Yeah no hassle I will email you that in the morning.

Originally posted by Megatron View Post

If I bought a Watch this week. Where could I shift it on next week for loots?
                                                    Doesn't really apply for the normal person off the street. Meant it more for dealers that own a shop or website. They would be buying b2b so would have no vat, would get between 10 and 20% discount on a bulk order and then with the price increases they are saving close to 60% on retail.

Most of these guys will be reselling in Hong Kong or the emirates.

How much for a swatch? Needs a battery.
                                                    For you?

Free batteries for life m8.

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                    If someone did buy 'the right watches' where could they sell them on to make said killing? Could you send me your list to adamfallon1 at gmail.com please? I think you said before you're in Cork did you?
                                                    Watches that are good to buy to make money on are.

Rolex and Patek everything else isnt really worth the effort.

Rolex: Submariner date, submariner green, GMT blue/black, steel Daytona's. They are the only decent ones that will hold their value and increase long term as second hand watches.

Patek: 5960p, 5711, 5712, 5170j, 5990A, and the holy grail 5131g or J all of these will go for big money in a year or two.

But as I said it was more a comment for dealers. But it still stands that if anyone was thinking of getting a good watch do it now before everything goes up in the next few weeks. Rolex are keeping their prices at the same level for next week at least but I enquiries about four different models today and they gave 12week delivery times for all of them.
                                                    Last edited by Raekwon; 16-01-15, 18:39.

Comment

...BRAG: Interview was not a complete disaster...It actually went surprisingly well...The interview was a lot more informal than I feared, and add the fact it was casual Friday and the two women interviewing me were in normal clothes...so overall I can't argue and whether I get a second interview or not, I'm happy with how I fared...

BEAT: Suppose to have a first date tonight with a stunning looking girl, been texting for the last week and going well, but haven't heard from her since last night...so likely I'm stood up...bah, I'd swap my brag and beat in a heartbeat if possible...

Comment

5131G...160k ? Good jasus.
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                          ...BRAG: Interview was not a complete disaster...It actually went surprisingly well...The interview was a lot more informal than I feared, and add the fact it was casual Friday and the two women interviewing me were in normal clothes...so overall I can't argue and whether I get a second interview or not, I'm happy with how I fared...

BEAT: Suppose to have a first date tonight with a stunning looking girl, been texting for the last week and going well, but haven't heard from her since last night...so likely I'm stood up...bah, I'd swap my brag and beat in a heartbeat if possible...

really ? just last night ? Jaysus relax, you won't see 50.

Comment

Interesting to note all the Oil and Gas companies strategies to deal with the oil price glut.

Schlum cutting jobs and cap ex (share price jumped on opening this morning). Same with Suncor. Rumblings of a lot more layoffs and rigs closing.

My girlfriends brother in law is a part owner of Beaver Drilling. He has said that he doesn't think Oil will go above $95 p/b this year. He says a fair line would be $78 max at any point during the year.

Looks like some pain for Alberta, its eerily similar in debt and expenditure of the average Joe to pre 2008 Ireland.

On the other side some Calgary based companies that have nothing to do with OnG are getting significant share price cuts. Time to be bullish methinks.
                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                              5131G...160k ? Good jasus.
                                                              As I said the holy grail it only retails at 45. I know watches of Switzerland in cardiff had one in their window before christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSolsks View Post
                                                                really ? just last night ? Jaysus relax, you won't see 50.
                                                                ...We were suppose to meet at 8 in town, assuming the worst and not expecting a confirmation of the date ha...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                  ...We were suppose to meet at 8 in town, assuming the worst and not expecting a confirmation of the date ha...

Could be worse, imagine losing your rolex in lapellos. It's gone man, it's gone

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                    Interesting to note all the Oil and Gas companies strategies to deal with the oil price glut.

Schlum cutting jobs and cap ex (share price jumped on opening this morning). Same with Suncor. Rumblings of a lot more layoffs and rigs closing.

My girlfriends brother in law is a part owner of Beaver Drilling. He has said that he doesn't think Oil will go above $95 p/b this year. He says a fair line would be $78 max at any point during the year.

Looks like some pain for Alberta, its eerily similar in debt and expenditure of the average Joe to pre 2008 Ireland.

On the other side some Calgary based companies that have nothing to do with OnG are getting significant share price cuts. Time to be bullish methinks.
                                                                    I'd take the unders on $78, funny over Christmas I ran into four people I know in Ireland who all are involved in OnG. One of whom just finished a PhD in geology and is all set to begin his career in exploration - talk about timing!
                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 16-01-15, 19:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                      I'd take the unders on $78, funny over Christmas I ran into four people I know in Ireland who all are involved in OnG. One of which just finished a PhD in geology and is all set to begin his career in exploration - talk about timing!
                                                                      I have an evens bet on the unders of $95. Only managed to get 200 dollars on it with a particularly bullish Calgarian friend of mine. Just text him now to double down and/or move the line a little if he pleases. One time.

I agree though. Under on $78 is still big. He actually gave me that line as I asked him about my bet. I'd love to know what he really thinks.

Comment

Beaver drilling.

Comment

Ive given up trying to understand stuff like this but why are peak oil doomsters saying that plummeting oil prices show that they are right and it's nearly time for some good feasting?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

edit; FU Rigger. No more Wispas for you!
                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'd take the unders on $78, funny over Christmas I ran into four people I know in Ireland who all are involved in OnG. One of whom just finished a PhD in geology and is all set to begin his career in exploration - talk about timing!
                                                                              So here are the two bets I made with him:

Bet 1: He is taking the overs on $95USD p/b (Brent Crude), at ANY point before December 31st 2015. $200 at evens.

Bet 2: He is taking the overs on $75USD p/b (Brent Crude) , at ANY point before July 31st. $100 at evens.

I like where I currently. Should be a good bit of banter between us now while the clock ticks down.

Here's hoping!

Comment

Not even Raoul would angle for those kind of terms. Might as well start rubbing the money on your titties now.

Edit: I suppose at least he got Brent and not CL anyway.

Comment

Not even Raoul would angle for those kind of terms. Might as well start rubbing the money on your titties now.

Edit: I suppose at least he got Brent and not CL anyway.
                                                                                  Genuinely no angling. He offered the terms. I just casually took them.

He did try and change the measuring currency to CAD after but I was having none of it.

Comment

Bomb scare up around the corner from me. High chance it's real as there was one there a few months back. Army on the way.

Comment

What's his number?

Comment

What's his number?
                                                                                        19

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                          19
                                                                                          What are you having for tea?

Comment

What are you having for tea?
                                                                                            Steak and baked potatoes m8.

U

Comment

Ugh wish I hadn't just read a bunch of peak oil articles and comments on ourfiniteworld, it all sounds so plausible. Wheres Hitch with his soothing "it's all gonna be alright" comfort economics?
                                                                                              Anyone wanna take unders against me for a 60% die off of the world population by 2050

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                Ugh wish I hadn't just read a bunch of peak oil articles and comments on ourfiniteworld, it all sounds so plausible. Wheres Hitch with his soothing "it's all gonna be alright" comfort economics?
                                                                                                Anyone wanna take unders against me for a 60% die off of the world population by 2050
                                                                                                Have you got anything ending sooner? Want to be alive to collect.

Steak and baked potatoes m8.

U
                                                                                                Pasta prolly.

Comment

Have you got anything ending sooner? Want to be alive to collect.

Pasta prolly.
                                                                                                  Pasta isn't pealo, you'll never get your swole on eating pasta.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                    Bomb scare up around the corner from me. High chance it's real as there was one there a few months back. Army on the way.

luckforsome found yer ones gaff

Comment

Where is Hitch?

Comment

who do i get a call from but their arch rivals, wanting me to come in to meet them.
                                                                                                        Pro tip: don't give an everlasting gobstopper to that arch rival.

Comment

Where is Hitch?
                                                                                                          Think he threw the toys outta the pram after a row on here with somebody or something like that. He'll be back
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post

Confirmed bomb.

Comment

watched really interesting program on super rich on BBC i player.

Makes us poor ppl wanna grab the pitchforks

Jacques Peretti investigates how inequality was pinpointed as a business opportunity.

Comment

Setting up a computer for my aunt, 70 years old and will be her first foray into the Internet. Brought up to Harvey Norman to get a laptop by her brother without my guidance and pulled the trigger on a 12 month Kaspersky anti-virus for only €50. No details yet on rust proofing.

Comment

Setting up a computer for my aunt, 70 years old and will be her first foray into the Internet. Brought up to Harvey Norman to get a laptop by her brother without my guidance and pulled the trigger on a 12 month Kaspersky anti-virus for only €50. No details yet on rust proofing.
                                                                                                                  Perhaps she'd be interested in: http://www.ageaction.ie/getting-started-programme

Every chance it will re-subscribe every year so someone ought to call them and tell them to fuck right off.

Comment

Think he threw the toys outta the pram after a row on here with somebody or something like that. He'll be back
                                                                                                                    I feel like I've been robbed of his posts. Horrible when you get something robbed from you.

Comment

I got my mum a laptop for Christmas and got her sorted for broadband after 3 years of persuasion on my part and 3 years of procrastionation on her side. She's a week in of an ecdl course and flying along.

Great kick start and you''ll just have to pick up small pieces s opposed to teaching everything.

Comment

I feel like I've been robbed of his posts. Horrible when you get something robbed from you.
                                                                                                                        Annoying when someone turns into a bitch and stops posting for no reason isn't it

Comment

Her computer is at risk of going out the window.

Going on 4 hours of putting stuff on etc., no problem. But I had to download her fucking Kaspersky anti virus, and for some reason when I click the .exe file it comes up that this app can't run on your PC. No fucking idea what the problem is, system requirements seem fine, no other AV on it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X