X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    I'll be needing a picture.
    can't seem to post one, Hayat boumeddiene is the crazy cat's name.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      I thought I had some dodgy peccadilloes but seriously ?
      Pretty sexy for a mugshot with no makeup in fairness.

Comment

One on the left obv.

Comment

Audiophiles. Need to get a new mini hi-fi for my new sideboard.

Just radio and cd player are the must haves, nice extras would be optical in for a future small TV, bluetooth, aux in.

With regard to the digital optical in i cant seem to see past the Denon M39 but there is no bluetooth connectivity, not a deal breaker by any means.

Does anyone have any other ideas ?
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            Pretty sexy for a mugshot with no makeup in fairness.
            You're having Allahff mate

Comment

So where would one go to download the new episode of Archer, if one was inclined??
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Spotting Adrien Brody on the GG reminded me of this, lol....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                  You're having Allahff mate
                  There's something man, there's something.

edit, lol just spotted the joke

Comment

Ok well, this story really isn't that exciting but:

I'm living with a mate of mine I met in Vietnam and his girlfriend. Me and him are very close, thick as thieves and I suspect his girlfriend resents that somewhat. He has also intimated that he doesn't know if being with her long term is what he wants. I guess she picks up on that and thinks I've something to do with it, and so is generally quite bitchy to me and my girlfriend. Trials of living with a couple I guess but I don't really give it much thought, rather see it as one of those things and certainly don't let it affect my relationship with her.

Anyway, the two of them go to Nicaragua for a holiday over New Years. She got back yesterday, he is still out there for 10 more days as planned. I had a party over New Years and since there was two spare rooms, I told my weird friend to take the spare room and two other friends of mine (who are also very close friends to the pair on holiday) to sleep in their room.

I thought nothing of it, at all. I can say with my hand on my heart that I couldn't give a shit, and I know for a fact that my mate who's room it was, also wouldn't care less. We have slept in some way dirtier and dodgier places than a previously slept in bed. I also genuinely didn't think she was the kind of person to care.

The next morning I am cooking breaky for those that stayed over and Mike, the guy who stayed with his missus in the room, tells me that a mate of room owner had stormed in at 4am, screaming 'who is staying in this room!!'. Obv the two wake up, the chick realises they are mates and makes an embarrassed retreat. Everyone lols and moves on to eating breaky.

Fast forward and I get a phone call this morning, 4th hand info, that this girl has messaged the chick who stayed in the bed and reamed her out of it for having 'no respect and thinking anything goes' in her house, and that 'it really was't on for anyone to be rifling through her stuff'. Obviously, I'm a little taken aback so message her and just explain that I didn't know she would be annoyed, its completely my bad and it won't happen again. Stupidly I didn't wash the sheets as I am an idiot obv, and also, I didn't expect her back yesterday, rather later tomorrow evening. Still, pretty silly on my part.

I also explained that the reason some stuff might have been moved is because one of our other friends had broken his zipper, and I told him to have a gawk on her dresser and bedside tables as birds usually have pins and stuff lying around. Another bird went and helped him look.

Anyway, she kinda freaks out, I think she is somewhat justified. Its her room, and she rightly says it wasn't my call to make regarding people staying in it. I honestly didnt see an issue, like I said, I personally wouldnt give a shit. Anyway, she tells me 'To have some fucking boundaries'. Like Richie or Luckforsome, I didn't even think twice about it.

So... (I got this messsage after I initially posted about staying in the bed issue)

The chick who stormed in at 4am send me a message today saying "so who saw me topless, who saw a pic of my nipple". Wut.

Apparently, there was a pic of the room owner and this chick topless in the room and it was put somewhere before she left for Nica but moved when she got back. I guess it makes sense why she was so annoyed now but I know I didn't see any pic and I've been in my mates room a fair bit over time, and surely a pic of two topless chicks would be commented on by anyone who found it. I can only think that the two people looking for the pin stumbled across it but didn't mention it. I certainly didn't see it. Kinda wish I had now... but at a loss as to what to say about it. Thats a pretty awkward conversation to have.
                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Anyway of getting back in to look for that pic?

Comment

Bitches, crazy, etc, etc.

Comment

This is good re hebdo
                          Joe Sacco: On Satire – a response to the Charlie Hebdo attacks

The premium domain name gu.com is for sale. Make an offer or buy it now at a set price. Simple, safe and secure through

Comment

Need a speaker for streaming music to at home, sick of using the TV. Sound not great.
                            Think this was mentioned before, sounds good? Songs play 1

Comment

A fight wear company have picked up two of my designs and are selling them on their site.
                              I won't be making a career move anytime soon, but might try to keep this sort of thing up for a bit.

Discover top-notch MMA gym gear at Raven Fightwear. Explore our premium collection of MMA apparel & accessories. Shop now!

Discover top-notch MMA gym gear at Raven Fightwear. Explore our premium collection of MMA apparel & accessories. Shop now!

Click to zoom
                              Last edited by Mellor; 13-01-15, 00:09.

Comment

@ Theresa

I think the question you asked, and the situation that happened are while similar, pretty different.

I presumed you meant something along the lines of, that both parties knew that someone would be staying in the bed while they were away, or vice versa.

If they went away and expected their room to be left untouched, then i can 100% understand why she was pissed off. They could have had valuables, money, intimate objects (as is sort of the case) lying around, and didn't feel the need to hide anything. Personally, i think it was bad form letting anyone else use their room. If friends were staying over, what i might have done in your situation is use their bedroom yourself, and let friends sleep in yours. It might have seemed less weird that way and she probably would have understood better.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                  @ Theresa

I think the question you asked, and the situation that happened are while similar, pretty different.

I presumed you meant something along the lines of, that both parties knew that someone would be staying in the bed while they were away, or vice versa.

If they went away and expected their room to be left untouched, then i can 100% understand why she was pissed off. They could have had valuables, money, intimate objects (as is sort of the case) lying around, and didn't feel the need to hide anything. Personally, i think it was bad form letting anyone else use their room. If friends were staying over, what i might have done in your situation is use their bedroom yourself, and let friends sleep in yours. It might have seemed less weird that way and she probably would have understood better.
                                  You are right. I did only get the message about the boobies after I asked the initial question so I obv get it now. I get why she is annoyed. I dont get why she didnt approach me and get it solved instantly... instead bitching to all and sundry.

If I had stayed I am pretty sure she would have snapped even more. See aforementioned blaming of me for relationship waning.
                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                    Just heard first mention of a TV show, Transparent, after it won a Golden Globe. 98% on RT, story sounds promising and the lead is the father from Arrested Development so I'd have high hopes. Speaking of Arrested Development, coming to the last few episodes now - definitely the best comedy show I've watched.
                                    I watched the first one there, lots going on, seems very good though...may have enjoyed it more with a glass of wine in hand, has that vibe to it.

Arrested was very good, the last one they released though wasnt a patch on the series as a whole.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

FAO Strewelpeter and whoever else

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      You are probably right and there is something illogical about me really enjoying tough games of Rugby and yet finding MMA stomach churning.
                                      Digging conversations about MMA vrs Rugby vrs Boxing. (Timing is probably apt as McGregor fights again this weekend)
                                      I mentioned pback then that I believed the hits in Rubgy were just as hard and dangerous as MMA. This was just my educated opinion, and not back up my antthing concrete. But in the last few weeks a study has some of assessing the impact of Rugby hits. Startling to say the least.

The protective ear plasters worn by Sarries players are pioneering the monitoring, and ultimately the prevention, of serious head injuries to rugby players

The acceleration magnitudes and number of head impacts in amateur rugby union players over a season of matches, measured via instrumented mouthguard accelerations, were higher than for most sports previously reported. Mean linear acceleration measured over a season of matches was similar to the mean …

Cliffs:
                                      Team recorded every hit sustained by a single amateur rugby union team in NZ (19 matches)
                                      Force was measured at the mouthguard, not the point of impact on the body
                                      Total of 20,687 impacts to the head greater than 10g, highest was 165g
                                      77 hits to the head per position per match
                                      181 impacts > 95g and 4,452 impacts > 5,500 rads2, these are “above the injury-risk limit”(*)

(*) Rational forces are most damaging than linear, which is why there's an imbalance between linear and rotational forces. It's also why KO's happen more often by getting caught on the chin.

For reference, Frank Bruno was involved in a study which estimated the force of his punch to be 53g. However its not directly comparable as there are other variables involved (eg the rotation that punch generates at your chin), but its a reference point.

Comment

@ Theresa

100% this. This comes from years of living with lots of random people and doing similar shit that pisses them off. Some people just hate people staying in their room/bed and they almost always are okay with this solution. I prefer the others who don't give a shit
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

'Hey, I'm having some people over while you're away, do you mind if a couple use your bed? I'll wash the sheets after. Oh okay, any objection to me using it if they stay in my room?'

If she says no to that upfront it's a pain but the vast majority never refuse if asled in advance. You didn't ask and didn't make an effort to wash the sheets after so...yeah. She's probably a total wagon and sounds unhinged but nonetheless you are prolly in the wrong initially on this one.
                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

That story may well be the biggest letdown ever. Booo.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone know how that wexford 'round final bills to the nearest 5c because fuck and 2c coins' pilot that a couple of hundred businesses signed upto is going?
                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                Anyone know how that wexford 'round final bills to the nearest 5c because fuck and 2c coins' pilot that a couple of hundred businesses signed upto is going?
                                                It's not I dont think, a couple of places that were doing it are not now doing it, not sure about the majority

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                  It's not I dont think, a couple of places that were doing it are not now doing it, not sure about the majority
                                                  Happy birthday. Also from Chad and all at Wolf Pack HQ and the night crew.

Comment

Theresa, you owe us a good tale of asian travelling debauchery. Channel the spirit of jbravado.

Tempted to rewrite that story in the style of jbravado if I get bored in class, though I sincerely doubt I'd do him justice.

Comment

Gotta love the fucking balls

All is forgiven

Attached Files

Comment

@Keane: What happened in Intel?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                          @Keane: What happened in Intel?
                                                          Bomb threat apparently. I got a text from my boss earlier to say there was a security threat and not to come in.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                            Bomb threat apparently. I got a text from my boss earlier to say there was a security threat and not to come in.
                                                            Score!

Comment

Snow ya cunt ya
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                Score!
                                                                Definitely glad I'm still in bed but the joy is slightly tempered by the thought that someone wants to blow up a place I spend 40+ hours a week.

Comment

Definitely glad I'm still in bed but the joy is slightly tempered by the thought that someone wants to blow up a place I spend 40+ hours a week.
                                                                  Someone with a chip on their shoulder you reckon?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    Someone's been reading the After Hours thread

Comment

more likely an inside job.

Comment

Up out of the scratcher Keane!

Employees returning to work at Intel site after security alert

Comment

Someone's been reading the After Hours thread
                                                                          Bollox to that - I can come up with my own puns. (Was taught by the master Icarus).

Comment

Betting suspended on Ray’s replacement after three-figure sums placed for Anton

3 figures yo

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                              Might be safer to give it an hour or two...

Comment

Most likely a silly con.
                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The largest bet received was €300 at 2/5 from an online customer.
                                                                                  shiiiiiiiiiiiit

Comment

PP's gay marriage line has gone from 5/6 <66.5% to 5/6 <66.4% to 4/6 <62.5%.

Edit: Emmet is correct, opened at 68.5%
                                                                                    Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 13-01-15, 10:34.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

^ 68.5 for the first?

68.5 (5/6) -> 66.5 (5/6) -> 62.5 (4/6)

wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Comment

Barely play poker anymore but off to Vegas in two weeks for what will be a fairly poker heavy trip. Very excited

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                            shiiiiiiiiiiiit
                                                                                            Makes me think there must have been a ton of money on the other side of the scottish ref. Even PP (who are quoting me €12 for the no side in the marraige ref) were taking a 4!!! figure max bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Strangely it actually opened lower before going up to 68.5%

Comment

12 years ago guys came and bomb proofed my office windows and put up a blast wall after foiling a massive truck bomb (which was never reported to the media). I started to think of a career change after that.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                  12 years ago guys came and bomb proofed my office windows and put up a blast wall after foiling a massive truck bomb (which was never reported to the media). I started to think of a career change after that.
                                                                                                  Their was a bomb scare in the Towers pub in Ballymun about 10 years ago one afternoon when we were in having a pint. 3/4 police came in and asked for the premises to be evacuated. Half the pub refused to leave their pints, while the other half took their drinks outside and either stood or sat against the pub wall drinking them. False alarm unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                    Even though I'm sure this was the work of some local moron I think it may have genuinely accelerated a growing desire to leave the country. I can't be dealing with getting blown up at work.

Comment

Ultron returns to cause even more trouble for our heroes in another trailer for Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron," in theaters May 1!► Subscribe to Marvel: ...
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Even though I'm sure this was the work of some local moron I think it may have genuinely accelerated a growing desire to leave the country. I can't be dealing with getting blown up at work.
                                                                                                        And people wonder why the Nigerian massacre isn't front page news, France was barely a blip on the radar for me whereas this happened directly outside where I work, I arrived at the gym beside where it happened about 10 mins later and I'd be having similar thoughts to you. http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...e-after.551599

Comment

Pray tell of this magical land where the chances of you "getting blown up at work" are less than those in Ireland?

I know this scare was close to home but you have more of a chance of dying at work from an industrial accident, than from some terrorist attack, so stop with the paranoia already.

You'd be better off thinking of what you can do to increase the probability of you getting blown at work IMHO.
                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                            And people wonder why the Nigerian massacre isn't front page news, France was barely a blip on the radar for me whereas this happened directly outside where I work, I arrived at the gym beside where it happened about 10 mins later and I'd be having similar thoughts to you. http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...e-after.551599
                                                                                                            You thinking of leaving Malta? Just as I was thinking of going there, what a coincidence...

...yes, a coincidence I'm sure
                                                                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

That moment when you win $1m in Pokerstars Spin & Go

Comment

It would at least be a good excuse to get the fuck out of Intel. That place is poison for the soul.
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                                  You thinking of leaving Malta? Just as I was thinking of going there, what a coincidence...

...yes, a coincidence I'm sure
                                                                                                                  Not before Summer anyway, easy to get stuck here so looking into some sort of an exit strategy. Think you've been saying that for at least a year now anyway

7 a side astro 3 days a week if you're interested in playing a bit, very mixed levels so a decent game.

Comment

I created a bomb scare in Charle de Gaulle aged 12 which closed a terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                      Not before Summer anyway, easy to get stuck here so looking into some sort of an exit strategy. Think you've been saying that for at least a year now anyway

7 a side astro 3 days a week if you're interested in playing a bit, very mixed levels so a decent game.
                                                                                                                      Excellent, will definitely get involved in that...as soon as I can get there anyway. I have been saying it for a year, but fully commited now, house sale agreed and everything

Probably be Mar/Apr at the earliest because of work commitments and house stuff but definitely well on the path.
                                                                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                        Pray tell of this magical land where the chances of you "getting blown up at work" are less than those in Ireland?

I know this scare was close to home but you have more of a chance of dying at work from an industrial accident, than from some terrorist attack, so stop with the paranoia already.

You'd be better off thinking of what you can do to increase the probability of you getting blown at work IMHO.
                                                                                                                        It's more that the relatively low chances of being blown up at work had previously featured on the list of pros to staying around a place with a high cost of living and paying 50% tax on a modest income.

Comment

That moment when you win $1m in Pokerstars Spin & Go

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2015/0...&-go-20291.htm
                                                                                                                          Ive read this a few times and still dont get it. Were all going to heaven lads?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X