Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody hell Felipe Anderson is a superstar. Lightening pace and sick end product. Tearing Roma apart single handedly here.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      He makes some interesting observations, particularly how people are quick to champion the idea of free speech when the subject matter aligns.
      Gonna set up a twitter bot to send "je suis charlie" at everyone that complains about Iona on the radio or in the papers.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        Gonna set up a twitter bot to send "je suis charlie" at everyone that complains about Iona on the radio or in the papers.
        Because you agree with their right to give out about Iona?

Comment

Profit before people.

Comment

Watched The Imitation Game last night. Knew virtually nothing about the story before watching. One thing puzzled me about it...

SPOILER
            Was the eureka moment he had in the pub really what inspired them to crack the code? Seems bizarre that a team of incredibly intelligent mathematicians would be working on this for months/years and not have realised that using common words in the messages would speed up the code breaking process.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
              Watched The Imitation Game last night. Knew virtually nothing about the story before watching. One thing puzzled me about it...

SPOILER
              Was the eureka moment he had in the pub really what inspired them to crack the code? Seems bizarre that a team of incredibly intelligent mathematicians would be working on this for months/years and not have realised that using common words in the messages would speed up the code breaking process.
              Not at all. That would be a fundamental of the kind of cryptography they worked with and the Germans were just as aware of it as they were.
              However a realisation they came to that certain specific U Boat radio officers were breaking protocol by signing on and off using the same salutation at the start of their messages all the time was a key breakthrough in the process.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

United have become the most boring team to watch these days, going to 3 games next month with different groups of friends and currently regretting it!! Set to fall asleep here , ONLY consolation is I backed 0-0 at 12.5 and laid now. So f'ing dull

Also people who like online games should play this -> tagpro-orbit.koalabeast.com capture the flag stuff, fun waste of time
                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Astro sports is probably the funniest stream ,I've found so far.
                  Malaysian channel with Kevin Kilbane on commentary.
                  720p though so no complaints
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Big result for Southampton. Can they keep up the consistency and form? They've recovered very well from their wobble a few weeks ago when they lost to a few of the bigger teams, but they've played really well all season generally.

Comment

Rodgers gonna be the GOAT quarterback

Comment

Arghhhh, didn't realise that it was starting at 6pm. Never got my cowboys -6.5 bet on that I wanted. Only on Cowboys to win, should be a fun game!
                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                          Big result for Southampton. Can they keep up the consistency and form? They've recovered very well from their wobble a few weeks ago when they lost to a few of the bigger teams, but they've played really well all season generally.
                          No reason why not... Their next six games are against Newcastle, Swansea, QPR, west ham, Liverpool and WBA. All of which are very winnable for them. I can see them finishing in the top 5 provided they have a bit of luck.
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

There is an art to giving a fuck. Or not

Most of us struggle throughout our lives by giving too many fucks in situations where fucks do not deserve to be given.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

http://markmanson.net/not-giving-a-fuck
                              Search for the word 'fuck' on that page returns 112 results. Impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                Search for the word 'fuck' on that page returns 112 results. Impressive.
                                like being at certain tables in the Fitz really

except with the odd three-syllable word thrown in

Comment

been watching Dynamo on SKY today and see he won ÂŁ10,000 for a ÂŁ1 bet on Euros and gave it to charity.

Just wondering why he didnt bet more?

No idea how he did it obv

Comment

Just spent half the day pulling lice eggs from Mia's head, wonderful . Fucking horrible things!
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                      United have become the most boring team to watch these days, going to 3 games next month with different groups of friends and currently regretting it!! Set to fall asleep here , ONLY consolation is I backed 0-0 at 12.5 and laid now. So f'ing dull
                                      It was more fun last year - this year you kinda know that they will just solve the problem by fucking another ÂŁ200,000,000 at it (whilst muttering how City/CFC/PSG are skewing the market).

Comment

What ever happened this nutjob?

Tony Quinn's devout Irish followers, some of whom believe he is the reincarnation of Jesus Christ, are following with intense interest a court case in the Caribbean.

He was given a shareholding in an exploration company there after some directors believed his mind-bending techniques helped them hit oil. Now a former director accuses them and him of mismanaging the company.

It is the latest episode in the rollercoaster career of the former butcher boy who became a multimillionaire.

His disciples, some of whom kiss his feet in rapt adoration, have been praying that he wins the case. They are sure he will because they believe he is here to save the world.

The mind guru, from Arbour Hill in Dublin, is shrewd enough not to say upfront that he is actually the Messiah. Instead he has always dropped heavy hints. One female devotee recalls him suggesting that he might even walk on water. He was not amused when she laughed.

Another said he talked of being in Nazareth and how he felt sand at his feet. He gave his acolytes biblical names, such as St Peter and Moses. "He did everything to make you think he was Jesus," says former follower Maire Lalor. "Many believed it."

Nowadays, Quinn promotes himself as a business guru, who has been known to charge up to €63,500 per head for his mind-coaching seminars.

He promises to help his clients, who have included senior figures from business such as the bookmaking tycoon John Boyle, to reprogramme the "hard drive" of their minds.

In an interview on his website, where he is pictured next to a yacht, Quinn says: "Bill Gates transformed the world through computers. My vision is to transform the world through mind technology."

And in his most unlikely venture yet, he is also the director of an oil company, which at one time was pumping out crude worth more than €500m per year in Belize.

Last year his holding in the energy firm was valued at €18 million. Directors gave him a substantial shareholding after some came to the belief that his mind-bending techniques had helped them to strike oil.

Oil is just one part of a multinational spiritual conglomerate, which includes Educo seminars, health shops and paid-for prayers.

When the Irish Independent called at the Tony Quinn Centre in Eccles Street, Dublin, they said the man himself, or his sidekick Aideen Cowman, would pray on our behalf for a fee of €30 per month. And yes, of course, they accepted credit cards.

The man himself is now far away from his Eccles Street base. He lives the life of a perma-tanned mystical tycoon on Paradise Island in the Bahamas, with his glamorous young South African partner Amelie Hattingh, who at one time had ambitions to become a professional golfer.

She changed her first name to Eve after she met him. According to a former associate, she got the name after she arrived at one of Quinn's seminars with a bag of Pink Lady apples. The couple had never met.

Quinn, in an obvious biblical allusion, was heard to say, "Eve, I presume" -- and the name stuck.

He may be Ireland's richest guru, but the one-time bodybuilder is in danger of crashing back to earth as a series of continuing court cases expose his empire to greater scrutiny.

Some of the founders of the oil company, International Natural Energy (INE), of which he is a significant shareholder, have fallen out.

Over the past fortnight, evidence has been heard in a case brought against Quinn and INE by a former director, Sheila McCaffrey. The businesswoman, who was previously a devotee, alleges the company has been mismanaged and run to the detriment of shareholders.

It is claimed the company has earned hundreds of millions of euro from Belize oil wells since 2005, but has never paid dividends.

Quinn and his entourage arrived for the case in the British Virgin Islands in a private jet and he spent two days answering questions last week.

But aside from that, Quinn has not commented publicly on the controversy and a list of questions submitted to him by the Irish Independent this week went unanswered.

He has much to lose if the proceedings don't go his way. Quinn was given 64,000 shares in INE in 2006. An agreement was reached for him to sell them back to the company for €18m last August. The deal has been put on hold pending the outcome. More worryingly for the guru, he is also being sued in the Dublin High Court in a civil action by Lalor, his former follower, for alleged sexual assault, battery and fraudulent misrepresentation.

Appearing in the Caribbean court case about the oil company in the past few days, Quinn accused her of blackmail. He told the court Lalor had been a good friend for 20 years, but had turned against him and threatened to start a negative campaign unless he paid her off.

Lalor strenuously denied these allegations when contacted by the Irish Independent this week.

She first came across Quinn in 1982 after she met one of his followers in a nightclub in Malahide. Quinn was already a household name across Dublin with his own brand of yoga and he led a number of communes.

The late journalist June Levine described Quinn's early guru status after she visited a commune in 1974: "They adore Tony and believe they are reincarnated with him from past lives at the time of Christ."

When Lalor first became involved with the Quinn outfit, he was a hands-on healer. He would touch devotees and give them a blast of energy, likening the effect to giving a charge to the battery of a car.

"Some people there would jump around, fall off their chairs or flap about on the floor," she said. "He had a mesmerising effect. He might tap me on the back of the head, and I would fall to the ground in a trance." At one stage, Quinn asked Lalor to kiss his feet and she is embarrassed to admit that she did.

Lalor, now an executive personal assistant based in Waterford, worked for Quinn as a healing therapist, and later sold seminars for him.

As Quinn rebranded his outfit and began to concentrate on his mind-coaching sessions in the 1990s, the money really began to pour in. "I remember there were 40 people going to one beginners' seminar, each paying IRÂŁ15,000," said Lalor.

Quinn moved to the Bahamas in the 1990s, where he holds most of his Educo events. In the Celtic Tiger years there were many takers for beginners' seminars costing €18,500, but prices have recently dropped.

Ralph McCutcheon, an osteopath from Co Down, flew to the Bahamas for one of the events. He describes Quinn as a master of stagecraft.

"Someone else would do a presentation, and then suddenly Quinn would arrive, appearing from the back of a limo, with a fanfare. It was like Tom Jones appearing on stage.

"Then he would talk a load of nonsense for hours until you became bored and disoriented."

The bookmaker John Boyle of Boylesports has been so impressed with Quinn's teachings that his employees now do courses given by a long-time associate of the guru, Georgina Dolan.

On Quinn's Educoworld website, Boyle tells how the mind-programming technique transformed his life. "I went on the seminar and now I am feeling awesome, happy and at my all-time best."

The Irish Independent asked Boylesports about the Quinn link to the courses on offer. In a statement, which made no mention of Quinn, it defended the courses, saying they were aimed at supporting the "self-development and career path" of staff.

It said the courses would "focus on various elements of our business model including sales, customer service, social media, IT training and responsible gambling. In doing so, we are enabling our staff to take charge of building their successful career and, in turn, growing our company to ensure its continued success."

The courses were recently highlighted by Mike Garde, of the cult-busting organisation Dialogue Ireland, which has followed Quinn's spiritual movement closely.

"He has gone from being a Yogic master and Jesus figure promoting a kind of alternative semi-Catholicism to being the leader of an economic cult," he said.

From his beginnings as a butcher's apprentice in Arbour Hill to his sun-soaked nirvana in the Bahamas, Quinn has proved himself to be a remarkably resilient figure.

But a growing number of his former devotees are now prepared to speak out and it remains to be seen if he can keep the money pouring in for much longer.
                                        The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Cromwell, some cunt, discuss.

My 1st post in 3/4 years on this site and my immune system caves in. I'm tempted to declare a jihad on this site and start posting in the theory section. Unless of course you call off the fking bug NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSolsks View Post
                                            My 1st post in 3/4 years on this site and my immune system caves in. I'm tempted to declare a jihad on this site and start posting in the theory section. Unless of course you call off the fking bug NOW.
                                            children are infectious little fucks, it will take you a few years to build up immunity to their diseases

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSolsks View Post
                                              Cromwell, some cunt, discuss.

You were also known at the time to be cradling pieces of card that some of the most unhygienic people on the island had been slobbering over during virus season.

Comment

http://markmanson.net/not-giving-a-fuck
                                                At first I didn't give a fuck what that guy was saying, but he won me over with the granny analogy and the 'Fuck's don't grow on trees'.

Fuck it dude, let's go bowling.
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

WTF how do the Packers not go for 2 there?

Comment

Hotspur and oul Roul have named suspects that would normally be in the line up but Jesse's grandad arrived coughing and spluttering right from the plane last weekend and after checking out that his grandchild can drool in 2 languages he took straight to bed.
                                                    My white cells do not speak Finnish and despite several GTFOs to the bug It stayed for the week turning me into an extreme dieter and room emptier. I have since downgraded the virus to general shittiness so it is not EBOLA as I have originally feared.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                      WTF how do the Packers not go for 2 there?
                                                      Here you go.

Now come on Cowboys 2 field goals.

Comment

Read this a week or so ago (have the most amazing backlog of great long form articles saved to my Pocket account, try to read three or four a week) - somewhat similar ideas, much less cursing:

Comment

children are infectious little fucks, it will take you a few years to build up immunity to their diseases
                                                          Was in the Zoo at Leisureplex this afternoon. 7th circle of hell.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                            Was in the Zoo at Leisureplex this afternoon. 7th circle of hell.
                                                            18 kids at a birthday party

raise

Comment

It has to be said that the images of that march in Paris are deeply impressive.

Comment

It has to be said that the images of that march in Paris are deeply impressive.
                                                                Was just going to post the same. Fair play to them.

Comment

looking for an Eatery in Finglas for Friday for around 3pm nothing overly expensive but not a kip either. Recommendations please.
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                    looking for an Eatery in Finglas for Friday for around 3pm nothing overly expensive but not a kip either. Recommendations please.
                                                                    Don't think there's too many overly expensive eateries in Finglas.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                      Don't think there's too many overly expensive eateries in Finglas.
                                                                      found this?

Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Don't go to Finglas.

Seriously. There's nothing good there
                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                          Don't go to Finglas.

I have no choice, myself and a friend have a function in Dublin Fri night , same day Chanel is getting hair extensions done , they take about 2 hours. so plan is take her to hairdresser, go line the tummys for function that night. Drop Chanel to red cow for bus back to portlaoise . Anywhere very very nearby? wouldnt mind a nice steak
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                            Don't go to Finglas.

Comment

fuck it gonna do FX Buckleys late
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

There's a nice place down by the canal, maybe ten mins drive. Twelfth Lock.

Comment

just booked FX Buckleys , my 3rd time but friend hasnt been so it will be nice .
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Have Charlie on in the background here. Seems like Ireland only has 10 actors and we just have to use them in everything.
                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

just booked FX Buckleys , my 3rd time but friend hasnt been so it will be nice .
                                                                                      [ ] Finglas
                                                                                      [ ] Near Finglas

Comment

Great spot that, it's over in Blanch. Great lunch
                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                          [ ] Finglas
                                                                                          [ ] Near Finglas
                                                                                          ah I havent a clue of Dublin, staying in Temple Bar so prob better

shur Finglas is miles away from Temple Bar isnt it?

Gonna wait on Chanel , drop her to bus , back to hotel get ready , eat and arrive to function an hour later than planned
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

ah I havent a clue of Dublin, staying in Temple Bar so prob better

shur Finglas is miles away from Temple Bar isnt it?

Gonna wait on Chanel , drop her to bus , back to hotel get ready , eat and arrive to function an hour later than planned
                                                                                            If she's going to be two hours getting her hair done, you'd easily get into town for lunch and back to Fnglas.
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Charlie / Mitterrand Inishvickillane dinner delivers

Comment

Finglas is an absolute hellhole.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                  Charlie / Mitterrand Inishvickillane dinner delivers
                                                                                                  Yeah. Loved the scenes with the British ambassador and also the Iraqis.

Such a shame though that they didn't cast Thatcher directly.

Comment

Yeah. Loved the scenes with the British ambassador and also the Iraqis.

Such a shame though that they didn't cast Thatcher directly.
                                                                                                    Surprised and impressed that they're only having two brief ad breaks in a 90 minute show. Meant to say it last week, as I would have expected 3 longer ones.
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Who is the lad hiding in the jacks supposed to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                        Have Charlie on in the background here. Seems like Ireland only has 10 actors and we just have to use them in everything.
                                                                                                        Sure Fran had to play 2 parts in The Guarantee last week

the Iraqis.
                                                                                                        Surprised they got Borat into it alright

Comment

Myself and mam just finished watching The Gambler, have to say I really enjoyed it!
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            Who is the lad hiding in the jacks supposed to be?
                                                                                                            Just been asking that ourselves. FF gombeen backbencher...take your pick.

Comment

Lol at Tony Gregory being a fat bollix
                                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

big hero 6 was excellent
                                                                                                                disney are so damn good that this.
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Have 2 seats beside each other for the Leinster game v Castres if anyone is thinking of going. I see it's not sold out so will sell for €70 for the two (cost €110).

Comment

Just got a call to say a friend, 10 days overdue, went for checkup today and no heartbeat. Jesus, put's a lot of things in to perspective. Youngest brother's wife is just under 3 weeks to go with "1st grand-kid".

Comment

Seeing Sinead O Connor join Booker T on stage tonight at the Sugar club to do Nothing Compares 2 U was pretty damn impressive

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                                        Just got a call to say a friend, 10 days overdue, went for checkup today and no heartbeat. Jesus, put's a lot of things in to perspective. Youngest brother's wife is just under 3 weeks to go with "1st grand-kid".
                                                                                                                        We lost our second child at 38 weeks in August. She had a heart problem discovered at 37 weeks and went in for next checkup 4 days later and her heart had stopped. Amazing how much it happens and what women have to go through.
                                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Anyone know how long its safe to drive on the spare tire? Car is a blue seat Leon. The spare has been on for a week now. The pressure is fine but It bulges a little bit more than the other three.
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X