X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Do I have to cycle up in a tracksuit?
    Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
    Managed to get €500 on the gay bet in a shop.

Asked what the max was. She said there isn't a max.

So I said I'll put a €1000 on so. I've never seen anyone reach for a phone so fucking quick. After a minute on the phone she goes 'I don't know he is wearing a suit'

Max bet €500. Cunts.

Comment

Max of 500 is actually really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
        What do I need to write on a betting slip for this Gay Bet?
        The gays
        Unders on turnout
        5/6
        €all of it

The gays
        Unders on passing %
        5/6
        €some more
        Last edited by DeadParrot; 08-01-15, 16:51.
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I've never made a bet, I would be clueless in there.
          My bosses bought our company, pretty nice I think, they are awesome.

Comment

Not convinced on the turn out bet at all

Comment

Presumably if you write up the bet as the "the gays" you should be able to get more loots on.

Comment

Not convinced on the turn out bet at all
                you think turnout will be high?
                apathy will play a huge part in this market
                I think the two bets are very much linked
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                  Vodafone.co.uk doing a decent deal on S5 and HTC M8. Maybe it was posted before.

Combine with £8ish unlock code and Parcel Motel and you get a super phone sim free.

Excellent, the battery on my HTC One M7 has began to weaken considerably.

Is the M8 still the nut phone on the market or has it been surpassed by something else?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

Is the M8 still the nut phone on the market or has it been surpassed by something else?
                    Sony experience z3 compact is really sweet, great battery life and camera. Real purdy too. Really nice size for your pocket too
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-01-15, 17:27.

Comment

'The Gambler' is the latest screener to drop.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

No idea if it is the nut phone but I read in a number of places that it is better than the S5.

Comment

Is there any way of getting downloaded mp4 files etc to work through a chromecast?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            Is there any way of getting downloaded mp4 files etc to work through a chromecast?
                            Drag n drop file into chrome
                            Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Just drag the file onto your Chrome browser and it will play on your browser and hence your Chromecast.

edit: ignore Fiend, listen to my advice instead, mine has more words in it

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                                Drag n drop file into chrome
                                Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                Just drag the file onto your Chrome browser and it will play on your browser and hence your Chromecast.

edit: ignore Fiend, listen to my advice instead, mine has more words in it

Excellent. I didn't know you can do this, thank you both.

I can play anything straight from my laptop onto the TV downstairs, but that's a great addition to the chromecast upstairs.

Comment

Girl Band structure their songs with sparse, shouty vocals, over intense noise textures and soundscapes which develop around repetitive groves. Their live show is known for being loud, intense and energetic.
                                  Sounds like hell.

Comment

if anybody is going to slipknot (and korn) this week, I made a playlist of what they will likely be playing

or youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr
                                      Inherent Vice too

Comment

Sounds like hell.

Opr

Comment

Still in a meeting that started at 9am. Record?
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            Sounds like an impossibly unproductive meeting!
                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I have been in a few long ones but that is a joke. I will call in a bomb scare if you want
                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Please tell me the end outcome is to arrange another meeting

Comment

The absolute GOAT - happy birthday sir!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Could someone translate Lappin's latest Blog for me please

There are words there I never knew existed ...
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                      Not far wrong.

Comment

Not far wrong.
                                                        Is it at least called a workshop? Ridiculous carry on.

Comment

Based on what Opr was saying the other day about Foxcatcher not being the full version, are there actually any proper screeners of it doing the rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr

Can these be found in the bay?

Comment

"We have agreed RDIII, we have agreed that you are not an orc."

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                Can these be found in the bay?
                                                                I'm stuck at 93% for the last hour or so from here

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                  Not far wrong.

Meeting adjourned at 8.20pm. Restarts 8.30am.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                      Based on what Opr was saying the other day about Foxcatcher not being the full version, are there actually any proper screeners of it doing the rounds?
                                                                      Been looking but haven't found any yet.

Comment

Best online reporting on equities, commodities etc?
                                                                        The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                          you think turnout will be high?
                                                                          apathy will play a huge part in this market
                                                                          I think the two bets are very much linked
                                                                          I think this is the least apathy inducing referendum there has been in years and years.

The low turn out, and particularly low turn out amongst yes voters, is being taken as fact. I am very unconvinced.
                                                                          Last edited by Keane; 08-01-15, 21:33.

Comment

Thought I never type this but tech help needed, O mighty BBV.

Have a newish Samsung galaxy tab 4 (brought 4 months ago). When not plugged in the screen flickers and if really bad flickering the tablet should shut down. Not convinced it is a battery issue as this happens after a full charge also... However it appears fine if I keep it plugged in.

Tablet is white.
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

The Gambler was a bit shit imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                Watch Pride first. It's such a great movie
                                                                                Ya, I have that and it's definitely one to be watched soon, but the missus is more keen on some others. We'll likely watch Birdman and The Hobbit (ya, I know, but we've seen the other two) this weekend anyhow, and watch others over the next few weeks.

Comment

Birdman, Foxcatcher and Black Hat. Local cinema will be getting a nice bit of biz out of me in the coming weeks, hopefully all 3 will hit the mark

Only found out today that the Johnny Depp whitey bulger movie is based on the book Black Mass, which is a great read. Makes me a bit more hopeful as Depp has been ropey as fuck for a while now
                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 08-01-15, 22:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    Watch Pride first. It's such a great movie
                                                                                    You haven't shilled anything this much since PTSB. Do you have shares in it or something?

Kinda uncomfortable with the subject matter myself. That time always reminds me of the a strike around the same time, when my eldest brother spat on my dad on the picket line, calling him a scab. Obviously I didn't witness it, but it was not nice just knowing about it.
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Jesus Christ
                                                                                      The girl was starved, tortured and raped nightly by her mother and step-father - they called her 'their little secret'

Did they really have to print pictures of the child. horrendous

edit to say , I see now she is 21 and she obv allowed permission. Thank God she turned out ok.
                                                                                      Last edited by SatNav; 08-01-15, 22:22.
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                        Birdman, Foxcatcher and Black Hat. Local cinema will be getting a nice bit of biz out of me in the coming weeks, hopefully all 3 will hit the mark

Only found out today that the Johnny Depp whitey bulger movie is based on the book Black Mass, which is a great read. Makes me a bit more hopeful as Depp has been ropey as fuck for a while now
                                                                                        Don't watch 'Tusk'. He sunk to a new low in that.

Comment

Anyone else find it a little strange that guys that were able to do this,

from this range,

under that sort of pressure, were capable of leaving behind their photo id?

Seems odd.
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                            leaving behind their photo id?

Seems odd.
                                                                                            Was it not a cousins ID? That may have wasted a few hours of police time, though I suppose any ID would have had the same effect. There has been a smorgasbord of conflicting information today. Multiple reports of Mosque and Synagogue bombings all day, and then nothing confirmed.
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Don't watch 'Tusk'. He sunk to a new low in that.
                                                                                              Just saw an advert for his new one Mortdecai, looks like a nail in the coffin job

Comment

The Imitation game was freaking awesome!

Loved it, shockingly close resemblance personality wise to someone i know.

In other news, only a few hours to go.

Official Video "Danger Zone” by Kenny LogginsListen to Kenny Loggins: https://KennyLoggins.lnk.to/listen_YDWatch more videos by Kenny Loggins: https://KennyL...
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Anyone else find it a little strange that guys that were able to do this,

from this range,

under that sort of pressure, were capable of leaving behind their photo id?

Seems odd.
                                                                                                  30-40 yard range with a rifle on auto or semi auto burst, would be no problem with minimal training. I used a number of rifles and handguns on the range (25yds for handguns & 100yds for rifles/machine guns) and would have no problem with that sort of accuracy. Under pressure, I guess it depends on the training and skill, which is the unknown in this case.

Comment

Plus you have to account for Allah (all praise be unto him) guiding the bullets in his infinite mercy. God is not only great, he's a great shot too when things turn a bit tasty.

Comment

I'm stuck at 93% for the last hour or so from here

http://kickass.so.prx.websiteproxy.c...rs&sorder=desc
                                                                                                      Worked fine for me, 1.66gb in around 30 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                        30-40 yard range with a rifle on auto or semi auto burst, would be no problem with minimal training. I used a number of rifles and handguns on the range (25yds for handguns & 100yds for rifles/machine guns) and would have no problem with that sort of accuracy. Under pressure, I guess it depends on the training and skill, which is the unknown in this case.
                                                                                                        Their skill and professionalism is pretty obvious don't you think?

There is no civilian training or any range that can train someone to shoot that accurate under that intense, insane pressure, not a chance.

People like that don't go on the mission with their ID card in their side pocket and they certainly don't allow it to fall down beside the handbrake.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Lazare; 08-01-15, 23:41.
                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                          Plus you have to account for Allah (all praise be unto him) guiding the bullets in his infinite mercy. God is not only great, he's a great shot too when things turn a bit tasty.
                                                                                                          Allahu Snackbar!

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                            Worked fine for me, 1.66gb in around 30 mins.
                                                                                                            There was only 4 seeders and 166 leechers when i was downloading it which probably didn't help! Was finished shortly after i posted that so just deciding whether to watch it tonight or not.

Comment

Working in Netherlands next week. Friday night in Amsterdam. What's the best way to go on a rampage?
                                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

There is no civilian training or any range that can train someone to shoot that accurate under that intense, insane pressure, not a chance.

People like that don't go on the mission with their ID card in their side pocket and allow it to fall down beside the handbrake.
                                                                                                                I wouldn't say it's obvious from that photo, they might have shot 500 bullets in total before this incident or they might have shot 20000, there is know way for us to know. If I have an automatic rifle aiming from the shoulder and I am up against a cop with a handgun from 30-40 yards I wouldn't be particularly scared. It's very hard to hit anything from that sort of range with a handgun.

Range training doesn't normally teach you about being under fire so I can't comment on that type of pressure. Although I did shoot on a range that had video mock set ups of armed robberies/muggings etc and you had to react to the situation. Obviously there is extra pressure to do the right thing but you're not in mortal danger so you can't know how you handle the real thing from that.

The ID card is a strange one, did they leave it on purpose? Who is to know?

Comment

hobbit sword that glows when there is open access wifi http://blog.spark.io/2014/12/17/wars...d-for-hobbits/

Comment

People like that don't go on the mission with their ID card in their side pocket and they certainly don't allow it to fall down beside the handbrake.
                                                                                                                    'people like that' fuck up all the time. Super elite killing machines that don't make the odd clanger of a mistake only exist in the movies.
                                                                                                                    Slightly related, this is a scary article in the new yorker about the real life psychotic batch who inspired jessica chastains character in zero dark thirty
                                                                                                                    NBC News has pieced together a remarkable story revealing that a single C.I.A. officer appears to have been a source of years’ worth of terrible judgment.

Comment

I prefer to think of my Jihadists being more like...

Comment

Birdman is terrific, every aspect of the filmmaking process is superb, acting, lighting, music, cinematography all excel.
                                                                                                                        The third act does drag a little but I found it to be very funny and Keaton is just so good in it.

Comment

wtf is wrong with my clothes dryer, sounds like this

Also can it be used until I fix it?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X