Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ye have got me back browsing, (she has me watching a jennifer Aniston movie) some heavy stuff here. I was about to give up, reading all that cable techy stuff, zzzzzz.

Hitch, sorry about the apparent breakdown in your relationship. Good luck in the future
    nobody is perfect, we are all pretty fcked up in our own way so don't beat yerself up. I wouldn't think so much about the distant future just yet, just repair/salvage what you can from this.

To raise the mood, my chocolate covered wee lad was ONE today. (no he's not black) If I was the mother I'd have blown me out years ago but hey bitches be crazy. Pity people still show ignorance but glad to see it didn't go unchecked. peace out brudder Dowling

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
      What did you do - finish the last of the Christmas ham when drunk, put a wet spoon into the sugar or take the last of her favourite chocolate leaving nothing but crap and wrappers in the box like an animal?
      LOL. No it wasn't me she used it against...one of her own in laws Just got a shock when she used it and laughed my arse off. We, surprisingly, get on like a house on fire.

Comment

shraap, your recommendation got overruled by the powers that be

Loire valley instead, think we are staying here

or possibly here

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
          What did you do - finish the last of the Christmas ham when drunk, put a wet spoon into the sugar or take the last of her favourite chocolate leaving nothing but crap and wrappers in the box like an animal?
          Reminds me though. She did have this little ornate wooden thing in the sugar bowl instead of a spoon. You are supposed to measure out the sugar with it and then use a normal spoon to stir your tea. I guess you can figure the rest of the story out yourself !!

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
            LOL. No it wasn't me she used it against...one of her own in laws Just got a shock when she used it and laughed my arse off. We, surprisingly, get on like a house on fire.
            sure, haven't you procreated now? all previous shortcomings and transgressions are automatically lifted upon production of grandchilders

Comment

Myself and the missus are thinking about selling our two cars and buying a newer one between us. The problem is our lack of knowledge about selling them and wanting to deal with people ringing and coming to see them, which is a pretty big drawback. The alternative of using them as trade-ins would mean obviously losing a lot of value.

Inertia really is a powerful thing.

Comment

Debated wither to write anything which is generally not a great start but anyway.

My girlfriends parents got divorced when she was 6. Her parents are now with other people and she has a great relationship with both sets of parents and both are very much involved in her and her brother lives. Her mum sometimes too much imo but hey. Huge bond between them all even if the parents relationship didn't work out.

The uk has been sucesfully producing kids from divorces who are well adjusted and on good terms with both parents for generations so don't worry about missing out on your daughter. if you put the effort in with her and your wife than you will get back all the love and involvment possible.

No idea what the future holds for your marriage but my gf is away for 2 weeks so if you need someone to drink scotch with im free - other drinks will be considered on a case by case basis. Literally

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                  Myself and the missus are thinking about selling our two cars and buying a newer one between us. The problem is our lack of knowledge about selling them and wanting to deal with people ringing and coming to see them, which is a pretty big drawback. The alternative of using them as trade-ins would mean obviously losing a lot of value.

Crash into each other & write them off?

Bonus points if she kicks the bucket & you have a joint mortgage, just make sure you are well air-bagged in yourself though.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

You fuck a girl who is too drunk to consent you are a rapist, simple as that.
                    Don't know anything about the footballer case but that's surely a bit too black and white of a viewpoint? Most one night stands involve both parties being fairly drunk, consent isn't asked for but implied when she comes back to yours/vice versa and you hop on the bed and start undressing.

Obviously not saying consent is there if she falls asleep after that or says no or anything but otherwise can't really be expecting lads to say 'Do you consent to having intercourse?'

Comment

Robbie Henshaw confirmed staying at Connacht next season, boom!

Comment

Is Homeland worth watching

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                          I thought this series was solid. Series 2 and 3 were off the wall bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            I thought this series was solid. Series 2 and 3 were off the wall bad.
                            have been wondering same as see loads on about it. ye kinda know my tastes by now, would ye think I would be into it?
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                              Robbie Henshaw confirmed staying at Connacht next season, boom!

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/provin...d-to-connacht/
                              Ridiculous all the unfounded media speculation that he was going to break contract and move or that Schmidt was demanding it to be considered for Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                So the lesson is don't get married?

Actually one thing that perplexes me about the marriage referendum is the argument that marriage is all about children. Has that always been the case or that something that was decided when SSM came along? Prior to the I was always under the impression that it was adult-centric.
                                Pretty much, I see little point in marraige (especially as early as people do it). Know people together 20+ years and then got married, made sense to me, if getting married at all made sense to me, that would be it. Apart from law stuff forcing you into it of course, another topic.
                                Originally posted by careca View Post
                                Its especially good when someone you wouldn't expect to use it just comes out with it. Eg my mother-in-law.
                                My mother is great for this, she barely knows what she is saying though. Over Christmas she called my brother a hipster, and another one a homeless homo. She said my brother had a big chin and my father pipes up with "keep your chins up X". Wrecked.
                                Funny thing is they don't have an ounce of menace, I'm pretty sure mother just repeats things she hears (she wouldnt know what a hipster was or say homo generally). Just funny how it comes out when she is the most caring person ever.

This. (I think this is what Iago was saying too but his blatant plea for HH to let him administer a kick up the hole clouded my reading)

I'm sure everyone on here has failed relationships behind them, many with kids included. HH will work things out as best he can.

One thought: perhaps people feel they can be overly judgemental due to his propensity for oversharing the details of his life on here? Much in the way people feel like they have some kind of personal ownership in the lives of celebrities. Don't know. Edit; post above seems to confirm this suspicion.
                                Sharing things does make people feel like they own a part of it, but the time and place is not now, I don't think he got that. If somebody does something and you feel it is not right, you can let them know at the time, as people have and will do. Kicking somebody when they are down is not on, especially in something like this. Hope it works out ok for his family and they are a part of each others lives.

If you know anybody that knows a lot about cars I'd try and get them to help out with pitfalls, some sort of father mystical knows all about cars type is generally best.

Interacting with people is some pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                  Ridiculous all the unfounded media speculation that he was going to break contract and move or that Schmidt was demanding it to be considered for Ireland.
                                  Yeah, especially considering he was one of the standout players in the Autumn games. I suppose he might still end up going at the end of next season but hopefully by then Connacht will have qualified for next seasons Heineken and he'll have had great 6N & World Cup so there won't be shite about how he needs to move for the good of the Irish team.

Comment

Don't know anything about the footballer case but that's surely a bit too black and white of a viewpoint?
                                    Its pretty much black and white in law, and correctly so IMO. In fact I'd try to tighten oit up to remove any ambiguity that these sort of cunts use to try to intimidate their victims out of bringing cases against them.

I'm at a loss to see where people are seeing any weakness in the state case against this rapist

Its really unpleasant to read but this is from the state case after she is seen unable to stand on CCTV and is brought to a hotel room by the other rapist...
                                    In the meantime, no doubt in answer to the message that he had received from McDonald, the applicant arrived at the same hotel with two other male friends. He persuaded the night porter to give him a key card to the room occupied by McDonald and the complainant. He said that he had booked the room for a friend who no longer needed it. The applicant entered the room. Sexual intercourse between McDonald and the complainant ceased. The applicant performed oral sex on the complainant and then had vaginal sex with her. While it was taking place the porter went to check what was happening. He waited outside the room for a while and concluded from the noises that he could hear within the room that a couple were having sexual intercourse. No other concerns were raised in his mind.

The applicant's two companions remained outside the hotel. They looked through the bedroom window and filmed what was taking place with a mobile telephone until the curtains to the bedroom were closed.

After about half an hour McDonald left the hotel via the reception. He had a brief word with the night porter, telling him that he should look out for the girl in room 14 (the room in question) because she was sick.
                                    This revolting scumbag should be considering himself extremely lucky to have got out after just 30 months.
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Yeah, especially considering he was one of the standout players in the Autumn games. I suppose he might still end up going at the end of next season but hopefully by then Connacht will have qualified for next seasons Heineken and he'll have had great 6N & World Cup so there won't be shite about how he needs to move for the good of the Irish team.
                                      If he leaves at the end of his contract it's his decision and I'll wish him well. It will be a disappointment that a good player leaves but it will be the players choice. A good finish to this season and a strong campaign for Connacht next year might convince him to stay. I think he still has a couple of years left in Uni in Galway as well.

Comment

If he leaves at the end of his contract it's his decision and I'll wish him well. It will be a disappointment that a good player leaves but it will be the players choice. A good finish to this season and a strong campaign for Connacht next year might convince him to stay. I think he still has a couple of years left in Uni in Galway as well.
                                        Connacht hopefully having heineken cup rugby next year would be helpful.
                                        I would wonder if he continues on his upward path with conn and ireland could Connacht afford him.
                                        Hed be wasted in Munster chasing crap box kicks or being first reciever into 4 forwards.
                                        People dont understand how important it is for Athlone and connacht to have one of its own players playing so well for ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                          I would wonder if he continues on his upward path with conn and ireland could Connacht afford him.
                                          Hed be wasted in Munster chasing crap box kicks or being first reciever into 4 forwards.
                                          People dont understand how important it is for Athlone and connacht to have one of its own players playing so well for ireland.
                                          I would presume if he keeps running so well he will be given a central irfu contract. I always took it that meant the irfu paid wages instead of the Provence or have I taken that up completely wrong?

Comment

If he continues he may get offered a central contract from IRFU and it wont be a case of Connacht affording him but where he wants to play. Hopefully that turns out to be Connacht.

Comment

Now I'm no racist, but I think people talking about suffering from depression are looking for attention. I mean, with a 12 month prevalence rate of ~ 8.5% of the population, and a Republic of Ireland population of 4.58 million, that's only 389,300 people suffering with depression in any one year. And I have seen 8 or 9 Facebook posts about it.

I mean, come on, do the maths, at least 5 or 6 of them have to be lying and just chancers looking for sympathy. Now as I said, this is a very important thing and something we need to be able to talk about, but I also think they should STFU because it mildly irritates me. In the long run it's probably more harmful for them to talk about it. Breaking the stigma of mental illness, and that's bad for everyone.

Best solution is probably to send them off in a ship of fools.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                Now I'm no racist, but I think people talking about suffering from depression are looking for attention. I mean, with a 12 month prevalence rate of ~ 8.5% of the population, and a Republic of Ireland population of 4.58 million, that's only 389,300 people suffering with depression in any one year. And I have seen 8 or 9 Facebook posts about it.

I mean, come on, do the maths, at least 5 or 6 of them have to be lying and just chancers looking for sympathy. Now as I said, this is a very important thing and something we need to be able to talk about, but I also think they should STFU because it mildly irritates me. In the long run it's probably more harmful for them to talk about it. Breaking the stigma of mental illness, and that's bad for everyone.

Best solution is probably to send them off in a ship of fools.

Enjoy the likes mate, what most of it has to do with the point I was making I have no idea

Comment

If he continues he may get offered a central contract from IRFU and it wont be a case of Connacht affording him but where he wants to play. Hopefully that turns out to be Connacht.
                                                  Provinces can't outbid each other anyway (other than for NIQs) so unless he goes abroad, Connacht can afford him. Besides I would expect him to have central contract next season if he starts all 6N games which he will barring injury imo. Central contract would be huge boost for Connacht as could spend his salary on premium player further strengthening the squad.

Comment

or possibly here

For some reason, I thought you were looking for coastal. Loire valley is lovely, especially with 3 kids in option 2 .

Comment

Its pretty much black and white in law, and correctly so IMO. In fact I'd try to tighten oit up to remove any ambiguity that these sort of cunts use to try to intimidate their victims out of bringing cases against them.
                                                      As I said, don't know anything about that case but from your earlier stated stance would basically put all the pressure on the guy in such a situation. How does a fairly hammered guy judge if a girl is too drunk to give consent? (obviously not referring to that case if they dragged to her to the room)

I mean two people come in from coppers both locked, have sex willingly, and the girl could decide in the morning she was too drunk to give consent? That's how I interpreted your statement that 'if a girl is too drunk to give consent the guy is a rapist' remark anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                        Enjoy the likes mate, what most of it has to do with the point I was making I have no idea
                                                        Likes ? Separate FB convo ? link please

off topic
                                                        Those cancer ads where the object of the Ad dies soon after are really depressing plus yer wan in the wheel chair who lost control for that split second , that split second make me wanna drink bleach. (poor girl)
                                                        Can't they show nice ads in the new year. Why not have the coca cola truck replaced by a hippy flowery bus telling us sunny days are coming, sunny days are coming. The SUN actually cures depression. Misery misery misery, and now I have man flu I need my soul to be pampered . Jesse can't do it on his own.

Meh think I'll listen to some Zappa and go to bed.

Comment

Intriguing true short film that I just caught on RTE.

Aeon is a magazine of ideas and culture. We publish in-depth essays from the world's most incisive and ambitious thinkers, and a mix of original and curated videos — free to all.

Opr

Comment

fun time of year
                                                            Hobbit screener out
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Because reading every post , including yours, which supported that view read in the form "I'm no racist but...". "I think people should talk about depression...but I think too many people are talking about depression and not in the fora I wish them to."

It's clear that you don't think revealing mental illness is a good idea, because you demand of it that to do so must be ameliorative to the condition. That is, that talking about it is not, in and of itself, a good thing. I would like to see a time when people can talk about mental illness with as little stigma or shame as talking about having done your ACL playing football, or having diabetes.

We are a million miles away from that, but if the reactionary attacks are starting at this preliminary stage then we are fucked. If you genuinely think society should change its attitude to stigmatising mental illness then you're probably not going to make a post that you are in favour of it but it has gone too far when some young people are putting it on social media.

/ purging myself of all badness and contrariness again before starting a compassion course tomorrow night. Until then, fuck all y'all ye cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                Because reading every post , including yours, which supported that view read in the form "I'm no racist but...". "I think people should talk about depression...but I think too many people are talking about depression and not in the fora I wish them to."

It's clear that you don't think revealing mental illness is a good idea, because you demand of it that to do so must be ameliorative to the condition. That is, that talking about it is not, in and of itself, a good thing. I would like to see a time when people can talk about mental illness with as little stigma or shame as talking about having done your ACL playing football, or having diabetes.

We are a million miles away from that, but if the reactionary attacks are starting at this preliminary stage then we are fucked. If you genuinely think society should change its attitude to stigmatising mental illness then you're probably not going to make a post that you are in favour of it but it has gone too far when some young people are putting it on social media.

/ purging myself of all badness and contrariness again before starting a compassion course tomorrow night. Until then, fuck all y'all ye cunts.
                                                                I don't know, it's quite possible I'm an empathy starved dickhead but I do find myself rolling my eyes when the latest sports star with a book to sell trots out his depression. And I like everyone else, know people with depression, have had plenty of discussions about it irl and supported people with it so maybe it is just a lack of empathy with strangers. And maybe I am just bundling it in with all the other needy and approval seeking behaviour that goes on with facebook.l and other social media. Or maybe Im just a befuddled old man in my mid 30s that doesn't get that this is how things are done now.

But there is something around the general discourse around mental health in the media that rubs me up the wrong way, I can't quite put my finger on it,and I know I'm not the only one.I don't know I just think that now matter how they try to approach it, it becomes trivialised. This idea that some lads going to pull back from the brink because x pop star sez mind your head.

Had a few more paragraphs done but I'm tired and it was rambling. I'll try and make sense in the morn if this conversation is still going
                                                                Last edited by Guest; 07-01-15, 00:32.

Comment

I'm voting yes but truthfully not that invested in it,
                                                                  Can you get a few hundred thousand others who aren't invested in it to vote Yes also.

Can you bring back ALL the Pouilly Fume, please & thanks

Comment

I haven't seen one status on facebook about depression. I'm defying the odds thankfully, that shit is depressing.

How does a fairly hammered guy judge if a girl is too drunk to give consent?
                                                                    I usually just drop the kacks and ask "are you ready for this?" You'll know m8, you'll know.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                    fun time of year
                                                                    Hobbit screener out
                                                                    Shit m8

Comment

Yeah it's not black and white at all. There's almost no area of law as constantly debated as this one.

The strictly legal answer is that once a girl has a drink you're just taking an unnecessary risk in having sex but nobody is ever going to say "don't have sex while drunk unless you want to run the risk of being accused of rape".

The reason it's so difficult is that rape is not an offence of strict liability, so it's not enough that the woman doesn't give consent: you have to know she didn't give consent or else be reckless as to whether or not she is consenting.

Judging when a woman is too drunk to consent is not that easy. Like I said above, absent taking a "never drink and ride" policy this is a really tricky area. Plenty of acts that nobody would consider rape in the abstract can be horrific violations of a woman's bodily integrity while other acts that would seem to cross the line to a neutral observer are just fun hook ups that people regret for other reasons. Much has to do with the individuals involved and I am not for a moment saying that Ched Evans is innocent of his crimes but it's almost never black and white. Remember that the violent stranger rapist is the extreme rarity, most rapes are committed by someone the victim knows.
                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Hey Hitch know what you are going through.

Wife and I separated for a few months when kids were young and I moved into a house by myself. I didnt create any waves/ start any proceedings but just stayed in contact, stayed calm and took the kids a few nights looking after them without point scoring / spoiling them when with me. Sister in Law was advising wife and was all for raping me financially and emotionally but by staying calm and being honest and caring my wife and I came to realise we were better together. We sorted out differences and are stronger than before whilst sister in law has split from her second husband and no longer advisor to wife!
                                                                        Twas fucking tough but if feelings are strong and true and all parties are honest it will work out. If it doesnt then it wasnt meant to be

Good Luck whatever path life takes you

Comment

Wasn't call your wife a cunt, Hitch! Was talking purely about my ex!
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Some good reading here today.
                                                                              Increased bro points to some, few bro hugs for others.

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                              I haven't seen one status on facebook about depression. I'm defying the odds thankfully, that shit is depressing.

I usually just drop the kacks and ask "are you ready for this?" You'll know m8, you'll know.

Shit m8
                                                                              A password protected app whereby both offer sexual consent just prior to the act/s.
                                                                              And clearly if you cant recall your password, you may not be capable of consenting.
                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Not a judgment hitch, just a question. In your opinion do you feel that alcohol had any or even a big part in the breakdown of your marriage?

If so, do you feel it would be worth knocking it on the head for while to clear your head so you can decide if it's worth trying to save it?

The reason I ask is because due to recent gout related issues I gave up the booze for a few weeks and I found that my concentration levels in work were a lot better and my general mood was better. This led to better conversations with missus and more patience with my daughter.
                                                                                Not that I feel that there are problems but I did notice and feel a difference.

Gout is gone (for now) so back to boozing, but I am think of cutting it down/out altogether.

Comment

Trading in 2 cars to buy 1 is a big loser. I know it's a pain but you are better off selling at least one of them yourself.
                                                                                  You don't need much knowledge to sell them and sometimes less knowledge is better.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Alcohol (or excessive consumption of Alcohol) is the devil and I say that from a place where I booze way more than healthy, and boozed every day (except 3) while in Vietnam.

I would say that greater than 90% of any issues I've ever had about anything has been due to alcohol, either my consumption or others. Drunk me, drunk others, hungover me, hungover others.

There is a SERIOUS relief to be able to wake early on a Saturday or Sunday and not be hungover. Your Monday to Wednesday isn't spent in a haze of misery and negativity, and you look forward to the weekend for other reasons than Friday and Sat nights on the rip.

Course... the above does seem to be a very British Isles and Aus thing, and could even possible be a very Theresa thing but I have seen none of that carry on to the same degree from the rest of the world in my experience.
                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          Sorry, was in the cinema catching posts between dull moments (although there weren't many as Birdman is excellent), so must have misread!
                                                                                          So you are the cunt using his phone in the cinema distracting my peripheral vision.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

I don't know I just think that now matter how they try to approach it, it becomes trivialised.
                                                                                            Not the greatest prose I've ever encountered.

I don't know I just think that now matter how they try to approach it, it becomes trivialised. This idea that some lads going to pull back from the brink because x pop star sez mind your head.
                                                                                            Actually it might. Working class males never had flash haircuts (in my lifetime anyway) until Beckham popularised it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                              Alcohol (or excessive consumption of Alcohol) is the devil and I say that from a place where I booze way more than healthy, and boozed every day (except 3) while in Vietnam.

I would say that greater than 90% of any issues I've ever had about anything has been due to alcohol, either my consumption or others. Drunk me, drunk others, hungover me, hungover others.

There is a SERIOUS relief to be able to wake early on a Saturday or Sunday and not be hungover. Your Monday to Wednesday isn't spent in a haze of misery and negativity, and you look forward to the weekend for other reasons than Friday and Sat nights on the rip.

Course... the above does seem to be a very British Isles and Aus thing, and could even possible be a very Theresa thing but I have seen none of that carry on to the same degree from the rest of the world in my experience.
                                                                                              We as a nation have such a terrible relationship with the booze.

It may have been Andys wife that uttered the never before uttered phrase after a few drinks when offered more..."no thanks, i have had enough", that has stuck in my head !
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                So you are the cunt using his phone in the cinema distracting my peripheral vision.
                                                                                                I absolutely hate those fuckers
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                  I absolutely hate those fuckers
                                                                                                  At the hobbit last week some bint spent the film on her phone, blinkers I needed.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Hmmm I beat the depression but now I've a cat and I'm living with my girlfriend
                                                                                                    Work has become unbearable, as the thought of you dragging yourself day in and day out to a job you can't stand just so you can scrape enough money together to do it all again the next day has ground your will down
                                                                                                    Your personal relationships have deteriorated as well. You almost never leave your apartment anymore. Your detachment from the world even ended up costing you your relationship with Alex.

This sums it all up pretty nicely to be fair - a good site.
                                                                                                    -------
                                                                                                    Also @hitch, just read back some bit there. Really am genuinely sorry to hear man! I do recommend giving up the drink if it is causing rifts in relationships. I mean it's people like me that drink too much and you don't want to turn out like that.

I had a story from my past written out there but tbh it would just make you feel more depressed as I re-read it after writing it and got depressed haha.
                                                                                                    Whenever I see a post from you about your daughter you are a completely different man to what you normally post on here. I mean it's tough to tell any sort of emotion from an internet post but it is extremely evident of how proud and happy you are when you do.

I'm in no position to lecture you nor would I if I was. I only have on regret in my life and if I had managed to take my emotion out of the equation and just thought of what I wanted in the future instead I would be a much happier man now. It might not help whatsoever but just wanted to say it just in case.
                                                                                                    Really hope things get better soon for you man
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                      Talking about depression doesn't normalise depression, it normalises talking about it.
                                                                                                      Ha, brilliant.
                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        fun time of year
                                                                                                        Hobbit screener out
                                                                                                        massive arrival overnight

SPOILER

unbroken
                                                                                                        selma
                                                                                                        imitation game
                                                                                                        american sniper
                                                                                                        big eyes
                                                                                                        birdman
                                                                                                        Last edited by shrapnel; 07-01-15, 08:24.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                          massive arrival overnight

SPOILER

unbroken
                                                                                                          selma
                                                                                                          imitation game
                                                                                                          american sniper
                                                                                                          big eyes
                                                                                                          birdman

This too shall pass.

Comment

Just got an upgrade yesterday with O2 got the iPhone 6, came home and was using my mates, decided it wasn't for me, so if anyone wants it, send me a pm with an offer
                                                                                                            Silver, 16gb locked to O2, still in the plastic, have the receipt all that.

I'm sure I'll do an IPB rate

Comment

On the gay marriage referendum;

Had to attend a party for family and neighbours of the in laws at the weekend. About 30 there mainly farming families apart from in laws / family . About 20 aged 55-75 and 10 40-55 mainly the family.

After a bit of chat about the upcoming Charlie programme the conversation moved onto a nice level of Enda bashing and eventually the referendum was raised. Wasn't really surprised that nobody from the 55-75 spoke in favour ( about half spoke strongly against with others nodding heads).

I was a bit surprised at the lack of support in the lower age bracket with just 4 speaking strongly in favour. Maybe it was the setting of a party and people didn't want to be going against the herd in public but it was very relaxed and there was no animosity towards anyone who supported a yes.

I was saddened to see my sister in law ( the youngest there ) speak so strongly against it. She has a 12 year old who is obviously gay but she doesn't seem to see it. Two of the people in favour later added that they hadn't registered to vote since they last moved house.

Obviously not a diverse specimen for a poll but pretty informative on how one section of the electorate will vote.

Comment

Hed be wasted in Munster Leinster chasing crap box kicks or being first reciever into 4 forwards.
                                                                                                                Ahem.

Henshaw is better off staying in the only Irish province that's currently showing any ambition, on the pitch or off.

Comment

Uinoensly is good craic

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                    Certainly one of the good things about not having a job!!

Comment

So the lesson is don't get married?

Actually one thing that perplexes me about the marriage referendum is the argument that marriage is all about children. Has that always been the case or that something that was decided when SSM came along? Prior to the I was always under the impression that it was adult-centric.
                                                                                                                      we've reformed marriage plenty of times since the 1870's, everything from allowing the vote to women not being regarded as husbands property to divorce.
                                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Strong entry for Hero of the Year.

Comment

Only sat down to play with xbmc properly last night, and can safely say there's almost no chance I'll bother getting a NAS now.

I've Deezer for music, and Gensis on xbmc appears to be Netflix for all. Need to find a suitable sports streaming add on and I reckon I'm away.

Potentially cheaper to buy a MK808B+ stick for every TV in the house with all setup accordingly, than one month of Sky and BT.

(Might be useful to have a thread for this stuff elsewhere away from prying eyes so like zuutroys - don't want him to get confused)
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Emmet; 07-01-15, 09:34.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X