Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warez bb now blocked by UK Internet providers due to high Court order.

List is getting very long

Comment

Go private imo

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
        Not like an Irish sportsman to fly under the radar but Andy Lee is getting very little attention for a guy fighting for a world title in Vegas tonight.
        Is it not a vacated title that he was lucky to get a shot at? Even so there probably should be a little more hype. The highlights of his last fight showed him struggling and was knocked down in R1 but he pulled a 1 punch KO out of nowhere. In fairness to him he has some chin and never gives up.

He nearly fell out of the ring, KO just after 7mins in:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Last edited by coillcam; 13-12-14, 12:08.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/socc...slot-1.2035913

Will really shake things up from an FF point of view on a Saturday morning
          Presumably they'll just make 7.30pm Friday the new closing time, which will make it slightly more boring rather than shake it up. As you won't have "X isn't in the team hotel" saturday morning rumours playing a part anymore.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 13-12-14, 12:32.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
              Is it not a vacated title that he was lucky to get a shot at? Even so there probably should be a little more hype. The highlights of his last fight showed him struggling and was knocked down in R1 but he pulled a 1 punch KO out of nowhere. In fairness to him he has some chin and never gives up.

He nearly fell out of the ring, KO just after 7mins in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upCsA6sd4WI#t=427
              Dunno about lucky, he's #4 contender in the division, think he was higher when the actual fight was announced, the British pikey jumped above him since which'll set up an all pikey world title fight if Lee wins tonight. He has been there or there about for years though.

Yeah last fight was the first time Lee's actually been knocked down in his career, and he is a dog tonight but not overwhelmingly so. Compared to the hype the likes of Bernard Dunne got he really hasn't caught the media spotlight at all, nice lad too.
              Last edited by The Situation; 13-12-14, 16:09.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                Don't know if I could endure it twice in one week, but I do like their meatballs. You coming Honda.?
                I'll be buried deep within the airport
                airport, lol

Comment

Comment

What's up with the conditioning in French rugby? Toulouse pack looked stuffed here on the verge of half time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                      Well I'm probably gonna buy it, I'm just not sure why apart from "I want it".
                      Seems to have a higher ppi, a light/white screen and that's it?

damn you advertising, gonna buy it.
                      I still prefer using overdrive on my 7" tablet and flip between browsing, facebook and reading!

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      Maybe I'm not well enough used to playdates for the kid, but the idealistic expectation that it would be 'okay so you'll both entertain yourselves and give us a break for a few hours' has instead been replaced with a cold hard reality of 'lets trash the gaf like rock stars on coke binges in hotel rooms'
                      Softplay area's are the best for that. I go with my tablet and buy a coffee and read while she runs about on her own. I actually like going myself!

Comment

Maybe I'm not well enough used to playdates for the kid, but the idealistic expectation that it would be 'okay so you'll both entertain yourselves and give us a break for a few hours' has instead been replaced with a cold hard reality of 'lets trash the gaf like rock stars on coke binges in hotel rooms'
                        Like father, like son/daughter then.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                            What's up with the conditioning in French rugby? Toulouse pack looked stuffed here on the verge of half time.
                            Yeah you'd wonder what's going on but getting 18 stone plus up and down a pitch ain't easy. Was recently looking at some of Leinsters stuff and they're ahead of the game. Past few years they've been drafting in some of the best post grad sports science students and changing their training very regular based on the latest research. Can't think off hand of the exact system they're using or were using but I know they've increased the monitoring of players before during and after training/matches to look for potential onset of injury; reduction in performance times, higher heart rates in certain scenarios, changes in stride pattern etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                              I still prefer using overdrive on my 7" tablet and flip between browsing, facebook and reading!
                              I have a million tech gadgets, more than i can use, so when I read I want the best reading experience, a nice screen on my eyes, best e-ink, contrast, no glare, nice form factor for one hand, and so on. It's to get away from that other technology usage too. I just think an e-reader is a far nicer experience reading.

Say I love cars/driving. I mean I could get this Nissan Micra with travel scrabble and deluxe hitch hooker edition or I could get a Ferrari and enjoy awesomeness of the car and the experience driving it, while enjoying the other things I love in the best way separately. Right tool for the right job
                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-12-14, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                Dunno about lucky, he's #4 contender in the division, think he was higher when the actual fight was announced, the British pikey jumped above him since which'll set up an all pikey world title fight if Lee wins tonight. He has been there or there about for years though.

Yeah last fight was the first time Lee's actually been knocked down in his career, and he is a dog tonight but now overwhelmingly so. Compared to the hype the likes of Bernard Dunne got he really hasn't caught the media spotlight at all, nice lad too.
                                yeah the general rule of thumb is if an Irish lad is playing for a tiddlywinks world championship, the whole country hears about it and gets behind them (that along with beating the English in any game or sport), pretty surprising there's hasn't been any hype. Even in Limerick I've basically heard no one talking about it.
                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Made the tragic mistake of mentioning a trip to Cork in front of herself and her sis last night. Horrible day! Lessons learned for future.

Silver lining: KFC in Mahon Point. Simple things in life.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      Was just in the jacks at the lounge in the airport and who was pissing in the next stall only the one and only Otis Lee Crenshaw , quite starstruk he looks a bit younger and less scowly IRL.
                                      Ya he looks an awful lot like his nephew when not on stage

Comment

Is tonights match on BT as well ?
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Is tonights match on BT as well ?
                                          Yep

Comment

Just bought somebody earl grey and cucumber perfume, bitches be cray. It felt like I was at a film premiere buying it. There are about 10-15 girls welcoming you, they ask for your "profile" and all this stuff about how you feel and what you need today, there is a fecking velvet rope you have to be let past to pay, a girls job is just to undo that, let you buy and welcome you to the queue. They gift wrap it in a stupidly over the top manner and spray their other perfumes all over the wrapping paper/bags etc.
                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-12-14, 17:12.

Comment

Yep
                                              FFS!

Thats ridiculous.

I've just cancelled the subscription to sky sports I've had for years, they can all just go and fuck off, paying the same for half the content I was getting from them last year.

Sky wouldn't negotiate I suppose they can't offer a package that includes BT so
                                              Its pisspoor streams on bogband for me for the next while

Comment

Comment

Hmm it's "Jo Malone", They made several thousand while I was in the queue. Fairly ridiculous stuff.

I worked out the per litre price of the last perfume I bought, 2000e, not even particularly dear compared to some of them. Some racket.
                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-12-14, 17:38.

Comment

FFS!

Thats ridiculous.

I've just cancelled the subscription to sky sports I've had for years, they can all just go and fuck off, paying the same for half the content I was getting from them last year.

On UPC last year I got so angry with what seemed like all the good football games going to BT. Called up told them we wanted a reduction to account for half the games going the wouldnt do it so we cancelled which they let happen. They came crawling back by the end of the week got BT and sky for the same price as sky was on its own originally and you get BT HD Espn and setanta.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                        I'll be buried deep within the airport
                                                        6.30am flight to Rome.

Excuse?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                          Hmm it's "Jo Malone", They made several thousand while I was in the queue. Fairly ridiculous stuff.

I worked out the per litre price of the last perfume I bought, 2000e, not even particularly dear compared to some of them. Some racket.
                                                          Sure what would you need a liter of prefume for ya smelly cunce.
                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...On the Andy Lee thing...Great to see him fight for world title, but find it extremely weird that it is actually on in the Cosmopolitan, and that his fight is due to start the exact same time as the Amir Kahn fight...Even headlining in Vegas he isn't going to get the build up and hype he probably should be getting...Pity its not on the same bill and the 2nd main fight of the night, as he would get a lot more coverage and a bigger audience...I just hope I'm not too drunk so find a link, so if some kind soul could post one for me for both fights it would be great!!...
                                                            ...Edit to add, I'm off to Buzz tonight...it was Diva, then it was hush, and now its been renamed to Buzz ffs...It's the same place with nothing new...

Comment

FFS!

Thats ridiculous.

You should of told them you wanted to cancel everything. I had a 75% off deal that ended a couple of weeks ago. I rang them up the other day and told them I wanted it out, yer man on the phone snap offered me €20 a month off to keep it.

Comment

Oh india
                                                                ...Cook has to be let go as captain...results have been shite in recent months, and his personal performance is nothing like it was 12-18 months ago...Granted India looked class, but it was way to easy for them...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                  ...Cook has to be let go as captain...results have been shite in recent months, and his personal performance is nothing like it was 12-18 months ago...Granted India looked class, but it was way to easy for them...
                                                                  Racist much? England were playing Sri Lanka. Agree about Cook mind

India fucked up against the Aussies earlier

Comment

En route to the Aviva. Mentally giving MOC his last, last chance here. A win, with some style please.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

FFS!

Thats ridiculous.

do you still get BT sports with the setanta package? used to just go with that and cancel every 3 months to keep it at 5 euros a month. not a perfect solution for you but very cheap option for half the games.

Comment

Racist much? England were playing Sri Lanka. Agree about Cook mind

India fucked up against the Aussies earlier
                                                                        ...Brain fart completely...Yep Sri Lanka looked class...Didn't catch the India Austrailia game at all but heard India bottled it...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            En route to the Aviva. Mentally giving MOC his last, last chance here. A win, with some style please.
                                                                            Hoping to catch a stream here in the canaries. Hopefully this is where the season starts to turn around. Jimmy to have a huge game and Lukey to show what we've been missing. V the eternal Optimist.
                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...

Comment

Parenting talk:

I wonder a bit about the right tone to use with kids. The daughter today was a bit overexcited after her friend being around, and ended up hitting me over some stupid frustration.

We obviously don't hit her as we're not barbarians (how the fck was it ever considered acceptable for parents to beat up kids?), so that just leaves words to improve behaviour.

So, i turn highly serious in tone, which she never sees in me, and say - go into your room this instant and don't come out [got a way with fancy words!]. 30 minutes later I peek in and she's just bursting with heartbreaking emotion and had seemingly been for the full half hour.

To some extent I was subsequently thinking that maybe I was too forceful with the command. Just really trying to teach her that its not acceptable to hit anyone so she doesn't turn into the creche Mike Tyson. But wonder if there's maybe a limit in terms of what you say in words as well as in actions - you want to change behaviour, but you don't want to freak the kid out that she's done something absolutely abhorrent. It was just how distraught she seemed, which seemed out of kilter with the desired outcome.
                                                                                Some of the info on this site can help ...

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                  On UPC last year I got so angry with what seemed like all the good football games going to BT. Called up told them we wanted a reduction to account for half the games going the wouldnt do it so we cancelled which they let happen. They came crawling back by the end of the week got BT and sky for the same price as sky was on its own originally and you get BT HD Espn and setanta.
                                                                                  Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                  You should of told them you wanted to cancel everything. I had a 75% off deal that ended a couple of weeks ago. I rang them up the other day and told them I wanted it out, yer man on the phone snap offered me €20 a month off to keep it.
                                                                                  Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                  do you still get BT sports with the setanta package? used to just go with that and cancel every 3 months to keep it at 5 euros a month. not a perfect solution for you but very cheap option for half the games.
                                                                                  I did tell them that I was cancelling everything so I have until 13/1 for them to cave in. AFAIK though SKY can't sell Setanta or other packages that include BT

We'll see what happens.

is it on RTE radio? I think I'll go to bed and listen to it if it is the exhaustion is getting the better of me and I need to get moving early in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                    Hoping to catch a stream here in the canaries. Hopefully this is where the season starts to turn around. Jimmy to have a huge game and Lukey to show what we've been missing. V the eternal Optimist.
                                                                                    Should be no shortage of pubs showing it?

Where did you end up in the Canaries? We were on the cusp of going there for the winter sun in Jan, but chose a bit longer in Morocco at the expense of giving up the guaranteed decent weather. Just couldn't make the Canaries prices justify themselves on our current budget despite desperately wanting to go there, and hearing great things.
                                                                                    Go to the Canaries

Comment

...Oh Carzola you cheeky fuck :-)...Love it...

Comment

I did tell them that I was cancelling everything so I have until 13/1 for them to cave in. AFAIK though SKY can't sell Setanta or other packages that include BT

We'll see what happens.

is it on RTE radio? I think I'll go to bed and listen to it if it is the exhaustion is getting the better of me and I need to get moving early in the morning.
                                                                                        you can definitely buy the setanta package on the setanta website (you'll have a completely separate contract). all you need is your sky box number

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                          ...Oh Carzola you cheeky fuck :-)...Love it...
                                                                                          [VINE]O6IIxetFMHE[/VINE]

Comment

Parenting talk:

I wonder a bit about the right tone to use with kids. The daughter today was a bit overexcited after her friend being around, and ended up hitting me over some stupid frustration.

We obviously don't hit her as we're not barbarians (how the fck was it ever considered acceptable for parents to beat up kids?), so that just leaves words to improve behaviour.

So, i turn highly serious in tone, which she never sees in me, and say - go into your room this instant and don't come out [got a way with fancy words!]. 30 minutes later I peek in and she's just bursting with heartbreaking emotion and had seemingly been for the full half hour.

To some extent I was subsequently thinking that maybe I was too forceful with the command. Just really trying to teach her that its not acceptable to hit anyone so she doesn't turn into the creche Mike Tyson. But wonder if there's maybe a limit in terms of what you say in words as well as in actions - you want to change behaviour, but you don't want to freak the kid out that she's done something absolutely abhorrent. It was just how distraught she seemed, which seemed out of kilter with the desired outcome.
                                                                                            the room should not be associated with punishment. you need to find a neutral zone/corner where "thinking" can be done. half an hour is a very long time (way too long as after a few minutes, kids have completely moved on from the issue), we went with 1 minute per year old (which is what we have abided by and is very manageable).

Comment

...

Comment

Parenting talk:

IMO there is at least as much risk if you get that kind of thing wrong as there is in a short sharp slap when required.
                                                                                                Its a matter of proportion and balance.

Comment

eek. she was literally sitting on your son's old bed for the half hour, so was probably getting subliminal messages about how unfair her treatment was from their left behind thoughts.

Yeah, no i really went too far. Just hadn't realised how much she would take it to heart due to a few words, as hadn't really thought about the impact of me always being mild, to suddenly going serious. She did seem grand afterwards though, and is now off doing a sleepover in her pals. Definitely food for thought though about how to manage her in the future.
                                                                                                  kids hate being told off but learn so much from it when they understand exactly why they're being told off, and then they move on so quickly. Funny thing is they need to see it from the parents also, you have a fight, you move on, and forgive and forget just as quickly. Being cross and angry with the people you love is part of every day life, and should never be taken to heart. It's a massive lesson for kids.
                                                                                                  Last edited by shrapnel; 13-12-14, 19:58.

Comment

...

Comment

Anyway to totally change the topic - have been left alone in the house, with a flight to catch early-ish am. Starting to doubt my ability to withstand the freedom afforded by the free house. Have an important meeting 3pm Paris tomorrow.
                                                                                                      2k gentleman's night coming on?

Comment

'I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed'
                                                                                                        Ouch, my feels
                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...

Comment

Jesus Ben is a such a roide!
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

That should silence a few of the MOC doubters.

Comment

...

Comment

have a total of €200 to get through a week in Saint Germain. So thinking the naggin of whiskey just purchased might have to be the end of it. If it wasn't for having swearing off whiskey for life due to its criminal impact on my life... Think the hot whiskeys during the flu week allowed it to weasle its horrible way into the drinking pattern.
                                                                                                                  Have never got the whiskey is more bad than other spirits. It's all mostly just strong alcohol.
                                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Anyone spot any meteorites yet? I am sure the neighbours think I am on drugs, me and Mia in and out the front in our PJs looking up at the sky and see nothing
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Any poker in Gorey ?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                        Have never got the whiskey is more bad than other spirits. It's all mostly just strong alcohol.
                                                                                                                        Went out briefly with a girl that was convinced vodka had some PCP like properties, and refused any sort of reasoning (must be the water). She was an ardent kopparberg drinker; always regret not following through with the idea of replacing them with the non alcoholic version for the lulz.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          That should silence a few of the MOC doubters.
                                                                                                                          Yeah. There was a shitload of silence at that game.
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X