Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
      ...Boredom can be a painful thing...
      Wine and youtube is the answer.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        Wine and youtube is the answer.
        ...I've done the late night/early morning drinking Sunday and last night...It's actually that mood where I don't want to watch or do anything ,yet am extremely bored...Asked a couple of people around for drinking company but they've excuses...
        ...Random invite to anyone here who wants to drink tonight...I have vodka just bring mixers...

Comment

...I've done the late night/early morning drinking Sunday and last night...It's actually that mood where I don't want to watch or do anything ,yet am extremely bored...Asked a couple of people around for drinking company but they've excuses...
          ...Random invite to anyone here who wants to drink tonight...I have vodka just bring mixers...
          The way you're going, either stop drinking or learn to enjoy drinking on your own, and that is from someone who prefers drinking on their own fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
            maybe its only a new product? dunno there is no talking to him! He loves gadget shite like that
            Various manufacturers have been trying to sell things like those glasses for at least ten years. There has to be a good reason they never caught on.
            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
              I think you got your answer - he manages it through massive amounts of cognitive dissonance.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Weed and netflix is the answer.
                Fyp

Comment

Come play footie tomorrow
                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                    The way you're going, either stop drinking or learn to enjoy drinking on your own, and that is from someone who prefers drinking on their own fwiw.
                    ...this is the kind of sentence I will likely remember in 6 months and say "Fuck, that Shrapnel guy made sense"...

Comment

Went to An Poitin Stil last Saturday for a pint and saw a poster for a session night on Wed, musicians welcome.

Popped up tonight to have a look with a view to maybe one day having the balls to bring up the guitar.

Turns out it's exclusively trad music which isn't my thing.

I sat in anyway to have a listen, asked an old man with a banjo on his lap could I sit beside him. Ended up having the most beautiful conversation with him. He started learning the banjo four years ago aged 70, brings it with him but doesn't play it, hoping one day like me to have the ballls to join in.
                      We were both at the same stage of learning our respective instruments, both had so much common ground to converse about.
                      Both enjoying a pint as equals sharing passions, oblivious to the four decades of difference between us.

Sometimes life randomly gifts you with beautiful moments.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                        ...Very possible...I have one thing planned tomorrow but if it's cancelled (everything always gets cancelled), then I'd happily accept the invite...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          I'm genuinely interested in your opinion for one. I'm sure this isn't the kind of legacy issue you signed up for and I'd be interested in hearing whether it has changed your views or attitudes in any way.
                          I really don't get which bit people are surprised about.

I always got the impression from activists that people would be punished/kneecapped/killed for fairly trivial things. I always thought they were more likely to have an over kill rate of the innocent, from their kangaroo courts, than this newish information likening them to the Catholic Church.

BTW what did kangaroos have do do with courts?
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Went to An Poitin Stil last Saturday for a pint and saw a poster for a session night on Wed, musicians welcome.

Popped up tonight to have a look with a view to maybe one day having the balls to bring up the guitar.

Turns out it's exclusively trad music which isn't my thing.

I sat in anyway to have a listen, asked an old man with a banjo on his lap could I sit beside him. Ended up having the most beautiful conversation with him. He started learning the banjo four years ago aged 70, brings it with him but doesn't play it, hoping one day like me to have the ballls to join in.
                            We were both at the same stage of learning our respective instruments, both had so much common ground to converse about.
                            Both enjoying a pint as equals sharing passions, oblivious to the four decades of difference between us.

Sometimes life randomly gifts you with beautiful moments.
                            You basically burned the ear off an old dude who has only a few more years on this fine earth...nice move guitar wanker.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

dazare be buzzing off a new drug called baba, tis nice
                              Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 29-10-14, 23:17.
                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Lol f*** off will Ya, that's the most bent thing I've ever read

Comment

You basically burned the ear off an old dude who has only a few more years on this fine earth...nice move guitar wanker.
                                  Hey! I wasn't the one with the silent banjo.

Got the ears burnt off me by a banjo wanker.

Comment

Tea

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                                      Lol f*** off will Ya, that's the most bent thing I've ever read
                                      What can I say? I'm an upside down paedo.

A Gerio.

Comment

Thats what they call a "mortal syn" icky
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                          Tea

She left you already ?
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

...Very possible...I have one thing planned tomorrow but if it's cancelled (everything always gets cancelled), then I'd happily accept the invite...
                                            Cool, Iago plus anyone else who posts should come along too.

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                            dazare be buzzing off a new drug called baba, tis nice

Lord Sir Business, are you coming along tomorrow night? 9pm starting time with some other IPB heads. Come along for a kickabout sure
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

She left you already ?
                                              Ha, good shout, she's gone to England, back tomorrow.

Comment

please excuse richie, he isn't comfortable with his feels

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                  Fyp
                                                  Apart from the awful amount of choice.
                                                  Seen it
                                                  Seen it
                                                  I want something like that but I've seen it.
                                                  Finding a new show stoned that you enjoy is one of life's great joys.
                                                  Funny but clever, but not too clever
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Disappointing you didn't have a blaa there to make a fish finger butty Icx.

Comment

Tea

Tea
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

how ye getting on this season?
                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                          Tea
                                                          Well fucking la di da...your majesty.
                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                            I really don't get which bit people are surprised about.

I always got the impression from activists that people would be punished/kneecapped/killed for fairly trivial things. I always thought they were more likely to have an over kill rate of the innocent, from their kangaroo courts, than this newish information likening them to the Catholic Church.

BTW what did kangaroos have do do with courts?
                                                            I'm only surprised that they haven't found anyone with the balls to put the knife in.

I'm no fan at all of Brendan Keenan of the Indo but his take on it on the radio at the weekend was interesting. The longer this is left to stew the more likely it is to have unforeseen consequences some of which could be very dangerous.
                                                            Horrible, criminal, disgusting, reprehensible, inexcusable as the actions of SF have been in the Cahill case the problem in dealing with it is that we have to be honest and recognise that making rape victims face their rapists at kangaroo courts and sentencing rapists to exile 50 miles down the road is very much at the lower end of the way they were operating the racket they ran in the North.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                              Well fucking la di da...your majesty.
                                                              €8 all in.
                                                              Chicken, lemon, spuds, rashers, rosemary, thyme, garlic olive oil.
                                                              Par boil spuds with lemon and garlic bulb.
                                                              Garlic and lemon up the chickens arse.
                                                              Salt pepper and oil on chicken
                                                              45,mins
                                                              Add spuds and rashers
                                                              45,mins
                                                              Crumble rashers on spuds
                                                              Eat like a king

Comment

€8 all in.
                                                                45,mins
                                                                Add spuds and rashers
                                                                45,mins
                                                                Crumble rashers on spuds
                                                                Eat like a king
                                                                No gravy or stuffing? leave.
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                  how ye getting on this season?
                                                                  1 draw, 3 losses so far. 2nd bye week this week so just a kickabout
                                                                  We were missing our best defender/player(BY FAR!) for the last 2 weeks and I was in goals. My knee turned to this afterwards, no idea why but possibly should have got it checked

SPOILER

So many fucking shots though, more than last year. I did score from goals though when the keeper wasn't watching . Outfield from now on obv
                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    Disappointing you didn't have a blaa there to make a fish finger butty Icx.
                                                                    Missed the bus on Blaas for today, I like your thinking though.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    Question foor Icky and other doggie people.
                                                                    Our dog is quite old, we don't really know how old but probably over 15 she's a medium sized 15 - 20 Kg hound mix. She looked like she was on the way out for a few months back when she may have had some sort of a small stroke and got very stiff around the back legs. But lately she has come right back to herself and seems very happy and is eating up well. She gets a dose of Meloxydil every day which seems to help greatly with the stiffness.
                                                                    There is a big problem though, lately she has become incontinent or rather she has become unhousetrained. She doesn't urinate in the house but she will just drop a poo out without even seeming to notice that she's done it. Its all tiles and wood flooring but its getting to be a bit too much.
                                                                    Looking at dog Nappies but that doesn't look like a great solution, any other ideas?
                                                                    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    At this stage I'm not at all inclined to move to the endgame with the dog. If she was uncomfortable or unhappy I wouldn't hesitate but its us that are suffering not her.
                                                                    Vet didn't have anything to offer more or less what Theresa said and a side effect of the medicine.
                                                                    I'll have a look on boards but I'm unlikely to get what I'm hoping for... some sort of a genius idea to retrain her.
                                                                    Ah the poor old dog, I wonder is it old age as well as the drug? No solutions I'm afraid , sorry. We had a dog around the same age died on us last week, almost 16 he was. I came in from work and he was lying by the door, just like he was asleep.

At least his movement has improved which is a big plus.

Comment

€8 all in.
                                                                      45,mins
                                                                      Add spuds and rashers
                                                                      45,mins
                                                                      Crumble rashers on spuds
                                                                      Eat like a king
                                                                      Croquettes and fish fingers, about €3.50. Boom.

Comment

Right, I'm off to bed. Good night all.

Comment

Croquettes and fish fingers, about €3.50. Boom.
                                                                          touché

Comment

#bbvteas

large chocolate chip cookie with milk on the bus from a 2 litre carton of milk
                                                                            and:

Cool, Iago plus anyone else who posts should come along too.

Lord Sir Business, are you coming along tomorrow night? 9pm starting time with some other IPB heads. Come along for a kickabout sure
                                                                            Unlikely to make it sadly...

Comment

Tea for today and tomorrow and getting down with the young kids with their # lingo

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                              Unlikely to make it sadly...
                                                                              How come?
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Fuck sake. Have an essay due this week, assumed the deadline was Friday at 5pm, just checked and it's actually Thursday at 5pm. Who the fuck has a deadline on a Thursday instead of a Friday? Hope night crew is around tonight, could be a long one.
                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Fuck sake. Have an essay due this week, assumed the deadline was Friday at 5pm, just checked and it's actually Thursday at 5pm. Who the fuck has a deadline on a Thursday instead of a Friday? Hope night crew is around tonight, could be a long one.
                                                                                  Come up to Dublin for a kickaround after ya hand it in sure
                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Come up to Dublin for a kickaround after ya hand it in sure
                                                                                    I'd love to, no game in Limerick tomorrow as it happens.

So, know anything about environmental economics?
                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

One of the MLB batters has just left injured after getting hit by a pitch....

Somebody should give him a look at the SOK vs Nash video......
                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I'd love to, no game in Limerick tomorrow as it happens.

So, know anything about environmental economics?
                                                                                        I know I'd hate to be doing an essay on it which is due tomorrow
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Tea for today and tomorrow and getting down with the young kids with their # lingo

How come?
                                                                                          Have some business dealings that need tending to brah. I'd rather be kicking a pig skin about.

Comment

48 words of 2000 done. #killingit
                                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

48 words of 2000 done. #killingit
                                                                                              whats it about?

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                whats it about?
                                                                                                Environmental economics. The essay is about how private companies are "the enemy" of the environment.
                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Environmental economics. The essay is about how private companies are "the enemy" of the environment.
                                                                                                  Mdoug inc does not approve of this essay and I am sure the nightcrew and the wolfpack would also oppose if they were still with us.
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

2k? Sure that's basically just an introduction, conclusion and bibliography. Pro tip, if they're just looking at the hard copy make the font size of your full stops bigger.

Comment

Scraped a piece of paint off the rear side of a car tonight in a hotel car park, some 16 year old banger. Was mightily pissed off because I really did not have time for it, literally had to leave right away for a work thing that was life or death stuff. Told myself a paper note would be soaked to unreadable in the rain. Left without leaving a note.

Went back 3 hours later afterwards to leave a note (half hoping the car wouldn't be there tbh). Now I'm half hoping the rain ruins the note. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        2k? Sure that's basically just an introduction, conclusion and bibliography. Pro tip, if they're just looking at the hard copy make the font size of your full stops bigger.
                                                                                                        well the bibliography doesn't count in the word count but yeah it's nothing majorly long. Good ole introduction, couple points, a few thoughts, wrap it up with a conclusion and Bob's your uncle.
                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                          Just checking this out.

Comment

just realised that the Rick James interviews in the Chappelle show was actually Rick James
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

my 2 cents, this question has been done a billion times it seems quite boring, however there appears to be a variable which confuses me, private companies. I would have thought it would be large public companies and state bodies such as utility companies which would be ruining the environment on a far greater scale than the private company.

the difference between private and public companies which seems of significance is a group of shareholders and a few private owners, at first thought, shareholders need their profits and mangement are always under pressure so all decisions are simple a cost benefit analysis and the environment is only a factor if there public image takes a hit greater than the profitability of any given decision.

now what does that mean for your assignment

your essay question is a loaded one, it simply suggests that private companies are the enemy and you are to agree and prove it, can you go the other way and disagree? prob not worth the hassle

is it simply, private companies answer to one and profit is the only factor that matters.
                                                                                                              cos fuck stretching that into a two thousand words!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                Scraped a piece of paint off the rear side of a car tonight in a hotel car park, some 16 year old banger. Was mightily pissed off because I really did not have time for it, literally had to leave right away for a work thing that was life or death stuff. Told myself a paper note would be soaked to unreadable in the rain. Left without leaving a note.

Went back 3 hours later afterwards to leave a note (half hoping the car wouldn't be there tbh). Now I'm half hoping the rain ruins the note. Weird.
                                                                                                                Commit to the hit and run and be done with it. The contention is killing your soul.

Comment

Technology levels are surely the real issue. More modern nuclear plants cause way less impact than fossil fuels.

More developed countries building hybrids and smart cars vrs whatever they are mass producing in India and China.

Huge multinationals move towards paperless offices mostly to save money on paper and inefficient storage.

Modern world allows for telecommuting instead of giving out company cars.

I would presume that the bigger the company the more streamlined production methods and reduced wastage so overall better for the environment.

Just incase you want to write from the other side to mix it up for your lecturer. By all means go down the plastic packaging and destroyed animal habitats but I think it's probably an old argument that is less relevant and mid sized companies are more to blame.

Edit

Should say this is all just presumption with zero actual evidence

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                                    my 2 cents, this question has been done a billion times it seems quite boring, however there appears to be a variable which confuses me, private companies. I would have thought it would be large public companies and state bodies such as utility companies which would be ruining the environment on a far greater scale than the private company.

the difference between private and public companies which seems of significance is a group of shareholders and a few private owners, at first thought, shareholders need their profits and mangement are always under pressure so all decisions are simple a cost benefit analysis and the environment is only a factor if there public image takes a hit greater than the profitability of any given decision.

now what does that mean for your assignment

your essay question is a loaded one, it simply suggests that private companies are the enemy and you are to agree and prove it, can you go the other way and disagree? prob not worth the hassle

is it simply, private companies answer to one and profit is the only factor that matters.
                                                                                                                    cos fuck stretching that into a two thousand words!
                                                                                                                    The focus would be on private companies and their effect on the environment, so I think you could take the angle that you disagree that private companies = enemy of the environment, but going into real enemies of the environment = large public companies is probably stretching it a bit.

Here's the question (not sure how wide those plagiarism software programs check but said I better not copy and paste to be sure!):

The plan was to spend the first few paragraphs talking about the various ways they try to appropriate a clean environment. Stuff like talking about the economic cost assigned to human lives and how you can never really put a $ value on a life etc
                                                                                                                    Following that, then talk about private industry and the many negative effects it has on the environment.
                                                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I've an interview and a presentation coming up if ye would like to do that for me when ye're done with jam flys essay
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                        Technology levels are surely the real issue. More modern nuclear plants cause way less impact than fossil fuels.

More developed countries building hybrids and smart cars vrs whatever they are mass producing in India and China.

Huge multinationals move towards paperless offices mostly to save money on paper and inefficient storage.

Modern world allows for telecommuting instead of giving out company cars.

I would presume that the bigger the company the more streamlined production methods and reduced wastage so overall better for the environment.

Just incase you want to write from the other side to mix it up for your lecturer. By all means go down the plastic packaging and destroyed animal habitats but I think it's probably an old argument that is less relevant and mid sized companies are more to blame.

Edit

Should say this is all just presumption with zero actual evidence
                                                                                                                        Yeah I think I might come at it from that angle. The private industry is basically all about CBA, so looking at it from both povs (i.e. when CBA ends up helping the environment and when it's negative for the environment) looks like it would fit well into the essay.

Ah a lot of these essays are written on presumptions - then the fun part is trying to find sources to back up what you actually said
                                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                          Just finished Boardwalk Empire. Really wish there was a proper Season 5 instead, those 8 eps let the whole thing down
                                                                                                                          I haven't watched Saturdays (Sky Atlantic) episode because i started watching Vikings last week, and decided to finish that off before i caught up on BE. Was episode 8 screened on Sky? I only see Ep 7 on SkyGo and already caught a spoiler trying to find out

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X