This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
    I was interested in buying outright vs getting a mortgage before. People didn't understand why a millionaire was getting mortgages.
    ...Talk about a sick fucking brag...Perfect story for a well if you ask me...

Comment

This might interest you Tar:

The info doesn't seem to be on the site there's an option to invest using whatever BES is called these days. You get a return, tax savings, and a barrel of whiskey at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

The info doesn't seem to be on the site there's an option to invest using whatever BES is called these days. You get a return, tax savings, and a barrel of whiskey at the end.
        Sign up for details or are they available somewhere? Would be v interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          190k to have the shit beaten out of you on a regular basis?
          190k for someone who's 22 and hasn't exactly proven himself beyond showing some great potential in relatively small sample size at club level. Also, I think 'to have the shit beaten out of you on a regular basis' is slightly wide of the mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            Sign up for details or are they available somewhere? Would be v interested.
            There was more details in the ad but can't find any more info elsewhere. I've signed up but nothing back yet. May be a non-runner.
            Last edited by Denny Crane; 10-12-14, 14:00.

Comment

Spot any headers?

This is great. Everyone is a Comrade apparently. Gerry Adams in da house.
              Last edited by Emmet; 10-12-14, 13:51.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

http://www.aertv.ie/live/live-from-the-water-protest/

Spot any headers?

This is great. Everyone is a Comrade apparently. Gerry Adams in da house.
                    It's not really a Young Covey type of crowd, really.
                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Stream dead, on here now.

The other one was miles better though. Was streaming the speakers on stage. This just random shite

Seems to be replaying stuff from earlier now,

Last edited by Emmet; 10-12-14, 14:42.

Comment

Class, I've signed up anyway. Think I met these lads at a whiskey exhibition thingy earlier this year. They had some stuff they were making themselves already and some stock they bought when a distillery was closing down or something. I said I liked the stock they bought better, keep them on their toes for this future investment.

Comment

Do they have any relation to the Dingle crowd? Sounds like exactly the same setup.

Comment

Can't say that I know. I just remember this crowd saying they were opening a distillery in dublin and that they would be the first, two brothers I think.

Big bux here

Comment

Boring HR question:

How are daily/hourly rates calculated for salaried employees? Do you deduct weekends/annual leave/bank holidays for example?

If overtime is normally given as Time in Lieu but instead you get paid for it, should you get further annual leave on the overtime worked? So if you work say 100 hours OT, should you get a further 8 hours annual leave?

Comment

Stream dead, on here now.

The other one was miles better though. Was streaming the speakers on stage. This just random shite

Seems to be replaying stuff from earlier now,

http://www.aertv.ie/live/live-from-the-water-protest/

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                    I'd say landlords transferring names of existing utilities is fairly standard with consent of user.
                                    Pretty sure this is not the case.
                                    All utility bills come to people not to buildings - some landlords install esb & gas readers that you can top up like a phone, this gets them out of the hassle of having power disconnected if vacant for a while
                                    twitter
                                    moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                      Can't say that I know. I just remember this crowd saying they were opening a distillery in dublin and that they would be the first, two brothers I think.

Big bux here
                                      http://www.independent.ie/life/food-...-30721810.html
                                      Think you're getting mixed up with the Teeling Whiskey Company there Tar.
                                      Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                        All utility bills come to people not to buildings - some landlords install esb & gas readers that you can top up like a phone, this gets them out of the hassle of having power disconnected if vacant for a while
                                        Why I moved into my existing place the management company transferred the esb into my name I didn't have to do anything
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Plus there's much better tax incentives in the US for having a mortgage.

We've a skewed view of property values here, really over the long term it massively under-performs other asset classes.
                                          link to something showing/proving that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                            Think you're getting mixed up with the Teeling Whiskey Company there Tar.
                                            Ah that is right! Nice guys.

Comment

Comment

^^^ I shudder to think how much time and effort went into that.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                  ^^^ I shudder to think how much time and effort went into that.
                                                  Credit where it's due though, that's class.
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

If a building is likely to be vacant for a while landlords change the utilities to their name or the letting agent who is managing the property.

I know that when I moved into the property before mine the ESB bills were in the landlords name and he called up to have me added, from that point bills arrived in my name.

I did have to contact Bord Gais to have the gas enabled and in my name.
                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

16: If the marginal propensity to save is 0.40, a 20 billion euro increase in investment spending
                                                      would cause equilibrium output to:
                                                      a: increase by 50.
                                                      b: increase by 80.
                                                      c: decrease by 33.
                                                      d: decrease by 40.

Need some economics help. Anyone know how to do this? (Hitch!?)

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                        Why I moved into my existing place the management company transferred the esb into my name I didn't have to do anything
                                                        You must have signed some sort of agreement for the bills to be in your name - the management company just put them front in from of you.

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                        If a building is likely to be vacant for a while landlords change the utilities to their name or the letting agent who is managing the property.

I know that when I moved into the property before mine the ESB bills were in the landlords name and he called up to have me added, from that point bills arrived in my name.

I did have to contact Bord Gais to have the gas enabled and in my name.
                                                        ^
                                                        This is what's standard in my experience.
                                                        twitter
                                                        moneybookers

Comment

You must have signed some sort of agreement for the bills to be in your name - the management company just put them front in from of you.

^
                                                          This is what's standard in my experience.
                                                          Now that you say it, there was a section with the lease showing the current reading and we signed that if we were happy with it and then they transferred. Just esb.
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Be pretty funny if a riot kicked off and they took out the water cannons
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Anyone recommend the best Chinese site for replica gear such as jerseys etc....

By best I also mean best change at getting past customs.
                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post

aliexpress

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post

I have used Aliexpress quite few time. Stuff can take an age to arrive but its generally pretty ok.

Comment

Bunch of dickheads on o Connell bridge undoing and good will from protests earlier. They should be dragged off the St so I can get home

Comment

Plus there's much better tax incentives in the US for having a mortgage.

We've a skewed view of property values here, really over the long term it massively under-performs other asset classes.
                                                                        Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                                        link to something showing/proving that?

From here. Past performance may not be a good guide to future returns!
                                                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                          Bunch of dickheads on o Connell bridge undoing and good will from protests earlier. They should be dragged off the St so I can get home
                                                                          I was up on Nassau Street getting a sandwich with the march going by earlier. Seemed to be mainly good-natured bar a few sinister republican types.

Was enjoined to "join, join the protest" by some elderly bint as I crossed the street. Badly wanted to respond with "no thanks love, I have a job". Pussied out obv.
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Where is the best place to exchange foreign currency back to euro? Less than a grand in value. Will any bank basically do?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                              I want to say 50. Not sure why though, as really have no basis for any answer. Like literally no basis.

Denny?
                                                                              Investment multiplier = 1/MPS = 2.5, so 20*2.5 = 50 I think. I could be way off though

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                                                                                Investment multiplier = 1/MPS = 2.5, so 20*2.5 = 50 I think. I could be way off though
                                                                                That sounds right to me.

Thanks for that.

Comment

...

Comment

Stopped by O'Connell St. there after walking from Heuston. Basically a small bunch of kids and Eirgi dickheads are blocking O'Connell bridge in all directions, about 100 of them. This has NOTHING to do with the actual protests. I wanted to give them a piece of my mind about how they are hijacking and poisoning a valid national movement but there was nobody who would engage / was worth engaging with. These people are the dregs of society - the 30 - 60k who validly protested today would have nothing to do with them being honest. Pricks.
                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                      Stopped by O'Connell St. there after walking from Heuston. Basically a small bunch of kids and Eirgi dickheads are blocking O'Connell bridge in all directions, about 100 of them. This has NOTHING to do with the actual protests. I wanted to give them a piece of my mind about how they are hijacking and poisoning a valid national movement but there was nobody who would engage / was worth engaging with. These people are the dregs of society - the 30 - 60k who validly protested today would have nothing to do with them being honest. Pricks.
                                                                                      Sorry but LOL, just LOL
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Fucking exhausted, one killer roadblock in the way of success that I can't get past.
                                                                                        Not giving up, the lad with me is like a duracell bunny, he will go do another all nighter rather than give up but I know we are fucked

FFS!
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The subtitles on a bootlegged star wards DVD, hahaha.

I like how every instance of Jedi is Presbyterian church.

Comment

I think that might be the lads I saw earlier. Big black banner with some psuedo-Republican crap?

Comment

Aimee has been coming in from school singing this Christmas santa song.

"When Santa got stuck up the chimney.."

Here is the original

When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney sung and performed by Kidzone. With songwords on screen.Open door 15 to see the video 'When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimne...

Aimee is singing it and it sounds more like

"When Santa got stuck up the chimney, hear the bastard shout!"

So funny lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                I think that might be the lads I saw earlier. Big black banner with some psuedo-Republican crap?
                                                                                                Twas some black and red flag they had on the bridge, not sure of its significance. Lots of people in dreads playing bongos

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  Ugh, got one of those aswell - €500 deduction in tax allowance next year as a result. They say in the form you can send them through docs within 28 days?

PirateBay is down today in case that's whats driving your question. I just went to a kickass torrent proxy instead.

SPOILER
                                                                                                  SPOILER

or...http://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/com...read/?sort=new
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                    Ah right. I hadn't looked at that thread since yesterday. That's not particularly on imo. Dobman, you should really delete that over there although the horse has probably bolted on it.

However, posts as abusive as Elshambles are not helping the matter here.
                                                                                                    Meh... Was said for effect; seemed to have some

Comment

Some goal by Neymar.

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post

From here. Past performance may not be a good guide to future returns!
                                                                                                        http://www.amazon.com/Expected-Retur.../dp/1119990726
                                                                                                        when I try to zoom in on this I cant read it properly, loses clarity. I'll just assume it makes Dennys point! Is that book good?

This for example argues otherwise (in the UK)_ http://www.hearthstone.co.uk/getatta...ial-propert-1/
                                                                                                        Last edited by Valor; 10-12-14, 20:43.

Comment

Book is very interesting although hard work, google the title and you can get that table in chapter two from Google Books

Comment

This is good. Think ye will like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2tI5zW3IU8
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Peaky Blinders is a cracking show

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                Peaky Blinders is a cracking show
                                                                                                                If it was set in this centurys Birmingham be called Paki blinders.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

@Hitch, we need to start thinking 2015 predictions and ridonkulous prop bets

here were my 2014 predictions:

Domestic:
                                                                                                                      This is shaping up to be a boring year politically. Stable government, disjointed opposition, well-flagged modest policy targets. Does anyone care about local elections? Don't think I've ever bothered to vote in one.
                                                                                                                      We will have low (1-2%) growth. WRONG

The divergence between the Dublin MNC economy and 'the rest' will continue to intensify. RIGHT

Dublin house prices will be positive RIGHT, something like 6-7% WRONG. The Rest will struggle to hit zero. WRONG

The only really interesting thing on the horizon is the ECB stress tests this year. My prediction is that one major Irish bank will fail these and <drumroll>, that bank will be PTSB. RIGHT
                                                                                                                      (secondary prediction: HH will claim that the ECB have failed to understand the genius behind PTSB's revolutionary mix of loss-making trackers that charge lower rates than they give on deposits, plus no fees banking )

Hopefully we start seeing people being turfed out of homes they cannot afford. This may seem harsh but it does no-one any long term favours to allow them to get deeper in the hole. Move out and Move on. This being Ireland, this will of course not happen RIGHT(where 'the family home' is on an equivalent level to the Virgin Mary)
                                                                                                                      Think usual economic indicators + (very) long-range US presidential gambooling

Plus stuff that might or might not happen

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        Sorry but LOL, just LOL
                                                                                                                        What now?
                                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          Sorry but LOL, just LOL
                                                                                                                          Sorry Strewelly but you're wrong on this one pal.

The lads blocking the bridges were utter louts and miles away from the majority of protesters. That being said the whole water protest thing was hijacked pretty early on by various groups. Sinn Fein were the last major group to hop on board after they saw what Paul Murphy managed in the by-election.

To be fair though, you can't tar the 30,000 odd with one brush. The VAST majority were peaceful. Plenty were there to do nothing but cause trouble and it's a testament to the Gardai and the organisers that bar a little bit of bottle throwing (one Garda injured) and some knucklehead attempt at civil disobedience the whole thing went off without a hitch. That's no small feat.

Overall I think it was a draw from a political perspective. They took a gamble doing it on a Wednesday and it backfired somewhat. Nowhere near enough turned up to properly ratchet pressure on FG/LAB but enough turned up that they can claim legitimacy (albeit short-term). Paul Murphy will say this is the beginning of his socialist utopia, SF will say it's a sign the people are sick of austerity and this government and FG/Lab will say the reduced numbers are a sign that the vast majority of the Irish people don't agree with the protesters and that they have to govern in the interests of the nation, not of a vocal minority (while conveniently ignoring that they've conceded massively already).

In any case, nobody at the forefront of that protest wanted those eejits to stage a sit-down protest on O'Connell Bridge. Movements like these always attract muppets and troublemakers. Fuck them. The overall protest went off ok but wasn't the huge deal it could have been. Score draw. Everyone move on. We won't see another protest like that for a good while and they all know it.
                                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X