add it to my tab of 4 and a half hours

It wasn't the time I lost there, compo for damage to my taste buds and emotional distress maybe.

Sleaford Mods in Whelans was brilliant.

Zeitgeist-y maybe (despite being six albums in) but decent lads with a lot to say - proper punk and dance rhythms and spitfire northern english street rhymes.

The crowd chanted their name and they spent half an hour after the show flogging records and signing them before they sold out.

Some say the backlash might already have begun (bit samey? what next?) but on the strength of tonight they'll get more famous and write even better tunes before i'd support any backlash.

Here they are at their best with Fizzy and Tiswas.

Completely different kettle of fish to 'their are tiny people living in the wall which you'll never see'

Never saw any of them, but the same applies.
          How do you know that the fairies are not there? Everybody knows that if you don't believe in them you can't see them

Maybe not exactly the same but not a completely different kettle of fish either.

Obviously a parent is not going to insist they are still real as their child gets older, a child will grow out of those beliefs naturally. I feel it's healthy for a child's imagination and creative learning.

A guy I used to work with can't watch fictional TV or movies and can't read fiction because he said they just annoy him and he thinks they are stupid, he can't suspend belief and just enjoy them for what they are. Do you feel you would be in that sort of category?

Shout out to Hotspur for recommending The Seafarer, cracking little play. Kinda wanted to join their poker game, seemed soft .

The dream

bed/quote time

You will never find scientists leading armies into battle. You just won't. Especially not astrophysicists - we see the biggest picture there is. We understand how small we are in the cosmos. We understand how fragile and temporary our existence is here on Earth.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

If powdered sugar is essentially ground sugar, why is it much less sweeter in cooking and you have to use nearly twice the amount? WHY
                  As you were dying to know... I believe now that while have less or a surface area the granules absorb moisture which plays an important role.
                  Some people don't realise that caster sugar, granulated sugar and icing sugar are all the same product and it is just the level of grounding that classifies it. Caster is used for most baking because it is finer than the standard sugar we use for our tea!

A guy I used to work with can't watch fictional TV or movies and can't read fiction because he said they just annoy him and he thinks they are stupid, he can't suspend belief and just enjoy them for what they are. Do you feel you would be in that sort of category?
                    I wouldn't be that extreme, but wouldn't have any interest in sci-fi, fantasy etc and I would only read non-fiction books.

I suppose the fairy business just stems from me being so tilted by the biggest fairy story of all, and wasting so much of my life learning about it.

Jackie Healy Rae

Could all be an urban myth but he is attributed to the Don't Feed the Gondolas quote. Supposedly they were thinking of putting Gondolas in the lakes of Killarney and he asked at a Council meeting "thats all very well but who will feed them during the winter". LOL

His "I represent the man who eats his dinner in the middle of the day" was actually very clever. It was a real dig at all those in dublin with their money, fancy restaurants, etc and went down very well locally.

Another famous one (and again it could be pure rubbish) is when he was doing an interview and he kept scratching his head with his hat on. interview finished and he was asked why didn't he take off his cap to scratch his head. His reply was "do you take down your trousers to scratch your arse". Fuck the screwing the whole country lark, this type of thing should be encouraged and rewarded.

Jackie Healy Rae

Could all be an urban myth but he is attributed to the Don't Feed the Gondolas quote. Supposedly they were thinking of putting Gondolas in the lakes of Killarney and he asked at a Council meeting "thats all very well but who will feed them during the winter". LOL

His "I represent the man who eats his dinner in the middle of the day" was actually very clever. It was a real dig at all those in dublin with their money, fancy restaurants, etc and went down very well locally.

Another famous one (and again it could be pure rubbish) is when he was doing an interview and he kept scratching his head with his hat on. interview finished and he was asked why didn't he take off his cap to scratch his head. His reply was "do you take down your trousers to scratch your arse". Fuck the screwing the whole country lark, this type of thing should be encouraged and rewarded.
                        Seemingly, he got a heart attack on the train home from the dail one day, later he was asked how he felt about it, he said he was very scared, because he was claiming mileage at the time.

I wouldn't be that extreme, but wouldn't have any interest in sci-fi, fantasy etc and I would only read non-fiction books.

I suppose the fairy business just stems from me being so tilted by the biggest fairy story of all, and wasting so much of my life learning about it.

That's you that is

Jackie Healy Rae

..... Fuck the screwing the whole country lark, this type of thing should be encouraged and rewarded.
                            For such self regarding cute hoors I never understood how the voters in the Kingdom don't seem to join the dots - for all the 'extras' he supposedly brought them, they, like everyone else, paid well in taxes. For all the bullshit he voted for, or avoided (because he was awarded loads of paired outs), like benchmarking etc.., those particular governments that he was partly responsible for cost Kerry people as well as everyone else a fortune.

But so long as someone campaigned on the ticket of stuffing it to them know-it-alls in the Capital, South Kerry were quite happy to continue to sending him up at a cost of about €1,000 per actual word he spoke in the Dail chamber.

It's hard to blame him for it, he saw his opportunity and grasped it eargerly, it just surprised me that the for all the bullshit that ensued Kerry people seemed to think he was doing them a favour instead of contributing to their, and our, higher taxes and general public waste.

Still, thats democracy. Gotta love it.

Careca, I assume you're a Rahillys man seeing how you haven't posted about Stacks' success?? The fuckers are painful to listen to down here.

skateboard cop is the best
                                http://vimeo.com/87500455
                                Oddly enough I enjoyed that.

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                  For such self regarding cute hoors I never understood how the voters in the Kingdom don't seem to join the dots - for all the 'extras' he supposedly brought them, they, like everyone else, paid well in taxes. For all the bullshit he voted for, or avoided (because he was awarded loads of paired outs), like benchmarking etc.., those particular governments that he was partly responsible for cost Kerry people as well as everyone else a fortune.

But so long as someone campaigned on the ticket of stuffing it to them know-it-alls in the Capital, South Kerry were quite happy to continue to sending him up at a cost of about €1,000 per actual word he spoke in the Dail chamber.

It's hard to blame him for it, he saw his opportunity and grasped it eargerly, it just surprised me that the for all the bullshit that ensued Kerry people seemed to think he was doing them a favour instead of contributing to their, and our, higher taxes and general public waste.

Not an expert on his exploits but surely the people of one area are heavily incentivised to do this? If it was getting them disproportionatly higher benefits to everywhere else paying a slightly marginally higher tax overall is fine because the benefits you are receiving is effectively subsidised by all the other suckers in the country?

Fair play Newcastle, delighted that Chelsea have been slowed down at least.

Originally posted by Lplated View Post

And don't forget all the multi million euro contracts he got from the council for his family's construction company

Chelsea 0-0 and 1-2 in away games since you walked CHD.
                                        The curse I put on them last week will not be lifted until you return.

Only had to make one post Christmas party apology, all time best for me.

Not an expert on his exploits but surely the people of one area are heavily incentivised to do this? If it was getting them disproportionatly higher benefits to everywhere else paying a slightly marginally higher tax overall is fine because the benefits you are receiving is effectively subsidised by all the other suckers in the country?
                                            Actually, given that a lot of the rest of the Country, including a slice of the West, got Motorways at the same time as Kerry was just getting potholes filled, there is an argument that they screwed themselves. But they were happy once the pothole fixing was guaranteed in a letter from the Taoiseach and their representative was getting special weekly meetings with the Chief Whip.

It's more when you look at the broader picture of what those two Governments were actually able to do, with little if any mandate, and what it is now costing everyone including the good Burghers of Tralee, Killarney and Kilgarvan, that you realise that for the price of having a nice straight road running past the parish priest's house in Where-the-fuck-ville that rest of the Economy and society was run to ground.

And don't forget all the multi million euro contracts he got from the council for his family's construction company
                                            Ah now. It was completely transparent. Sure wasn't he up in Dublin on National business, how could he possibly have influenced what the lads in the Council were doing below in Kerry.

And there wasn't anything in the letter Bertie signed about who would fill the potholes ....

Dinner in the middle of the day parochial bullshit. Everything wrong with Irish politics in one fucking corrupt family. Cute hoorism celebrated by the very gombeens they are milking.

It's embarrassing how easy Stoke have ripped Arsenal apart

It makes this drivel Liverpool are serving up again seem a little better anyhow, not that I'm watching the Arsenal game.

And people wonder why I drink so much.

Dinner in the middle of the day parochial bullshit. Everything wrong with Irish politics in one fucking corrupt family. Cute hoorism celebrated by the very gombeens they are milking.
                                                      What did you have for dinner during the day?

You get any tickets?

lol didn't see the Arsenal game but I assume the thinking was something like:

half time: jesus fucking christ typical
                                                          68: thank god, we might actually get something out of this game
                                                          70: jesus, there's 20 minutes left, 3 points might actually be on the card here
                                                          full time: jesus fucking christ typical

Everton win and a United win on Monday for a perfect weekend!

Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible

You get any tickets?
                                                                I did actually, thanks Dom and to all contributors.
                                                                Binked 4 expensive ass tickets, best not think about my credit card bill.
                                                                I passed the other codes on to @Megatron but he had no luck, hopefully Monday though.

While I'm on it, a big thank you to Lloyd who was really generous with his time during for our chat which I'm using to help complete an upcoming project.
                                                                I'm listening now to his dulcet tones as I transcribe it.

#BBV
                                                                Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 06-12-14, 17:50.

Evening fockers!

Song: Kalinka. Performed by the Red Army Choir.From the Red Army Choir Definitive Collection, Disc 1.I take no credit for the creation of the music or the im...

I'll probably have to apologise, put one of the seniors guys to sleep in front of everyone. He didn't believe a rear naked choke could put you asleep and asked me to put one on him. He was asleep in two seconds!
                                                                    Throw in all the stupid stuff I said and it's going to be awkward on Monday, fuck.

Ship the 1:58 half marathon.

The people of Austin Texas answer some questions on pressing Irish problems. These "problems' may or may not exist..My mail address!FAO: RIYADH K, JULIAN BEN...

Dinner in the middle of the day parochial bullshit.
                                                                          True dat. I'm having brinner.

soft penalty that

watched snowpiercer yesterday. Can't believe i missed it when it came out and don't believe i heard anyone talking about it in here, but well worth the watch. Fantastic sci-fi film from a korean director (john hoo bong) with hints of "delicatessen" crazyness.

Really enjoyed it.

Fair play Newcastle, delighted that Chelsea have been slowed down at least.
                                                                                Yeah, hopefully city can capitalised on that. Not great that aguero is injured though.

Munshterrrrrr getting beaten up here. I'd say O'Connell's speech at half-time might be a touch passionate.

That is awful.

Technical iPhone question:

My iPhone 4s had begun to creak beyond my tolerance so I upgraded to a 5c today. I backed up the 4s to the iCloud and went to activate the new phone there after the Simcard transferred but it won't let me choose my iCloud backup because the backup was on iOS 8.1 and the 5c had 7.1. Am I forced to use iTunes here, or if I set up the 5c as a 'new phone' and upgrade to latest iOS version will I be able to sync against the iCloud backup at that point?

Any help appreciated!

Work Christmas party tonight, should be pretty fun, black tie so all the lads looking like penguins and the girls going to great efforts I imagine. Have a few Solpadeines on the counter beside two pint glasses of water in preparation for the effects that a free bar often have on me

Sleaford Mods in Whelans was brilliant.

Zeitgeist-y maybe (despite being six albums in) but decent lads with a lot to say - proper punk and dance rhythms and spitfire northern english street rhymes.

The crowd chanted their name and they spent half an hour after the show flogging records and signing them before they sold out.

Some say the backlash might already have begun (bit samey? what next?) but on the strength of tonight they'll get more famous and write even better tunes before i'd support any backlash.

Here they are at their best with Fizzy and Tiswas.

Also at this last night. Cracking gig.

Hoping don't have to make any on Monday but not too sure what happened at the end of the night. Coat with wallet, keys and a nice wooly hat either lost or stolen in House

Munshterrrrrr getting beaten up here. I'd say O'Connell's speech at half-time might be a touch passionate.
                                                                                              massive win for clermont. ferocious defending for 15 minutes

Never seen a team getting away with being offside for so long! Better team won blah blah

Technical iPhone question:

My iPhone 4s had begun to creak beyond my tolerance so I upgraded to a 5c today. I backed up the 4s to the iCloud and went to activate the new phone there after the Simcard transferred but it won't let me choose my iCloud backup because the backup was on iOS 8.1 and the 5c had 7.1. Am I forced to use iTunes here, or if I set up the 5c as a 'new phone' and upgrade to latest iOS version will I be able to sync against the iCloud backup at that point?

Any help appreciated!

4s is better than a 5c. Should went 6. To answer your question looks like you will have to use iTunes

watched snowpiercer yesterday. Can't believe i missed it when it came out and don't believe i heard anyone talking about it in here, but well worth the watch. Fantastic sci-fi film from a korean director (john hoo bong) with hints of "delicatessen" crazyness.

Really enjoyed it.
                                                                                                    Really I thought it was rubbish. Hammy performances, stupid plot and not the deep examination of class divide and social injustice it was aimed/billed as.

I didn't think the film had any subtlety and just ran from section to section relying on action set pieces and slick camera work to distract from under developed characters and as I mentioned over acted performances.

If you are going to go for this type of film I think you need to build an emotional connection between the characters on a micro level to balance the big picture distoypian setting.

I didn't care about any of the characters and any of the big reveals/plot points were retarded and did I mention terribly delivered.

I would go so far as to say the biggest let down of a film I watched all year and would have turned it off if my gf doesn't demand to finish out every film no matter how crappy.

I'll probably have to apologise, put one of the seniors guys to sleep in front of everyone. He didn't believe a rear naked choke could put you asleep and asked me to put one on him. He was asleep in two seconds!
                                                                                                      Throw in all the stupid stuff I said and it's going to be awkward on Monday, fuck.
                                                                                                      fhihctaj
                                                                                                      Promotion imo.

This is working for me.

https://pirateproxy.sx/
                                                                                                      CHD is asking for you m8. Did you quit facebooks?

IPBeers

I did actually, thanks Dom and to all contributors.
                                                                                                          Binked 4 expensive ass tickets, best not think about my credit card bill.
                                                                                                          I passed the other codes on to @Megatron but he had no luck, hopefully Monday though.

While I'm on it, a big thank you to Lloyd who was really generous with his time during for our chat which I'm using to help complete an upcoming project.
                                                                                                          I'm listening now to his dulcet tones as I transcribe it.

#BBV
                                                                                                          had to do an interview and transcribe it recently too, fuck me, way more painful than I thought it'd be (the transcribing of recording to typed transcript - not the actual interview!). How long was the interview?

Has anybody been talking to Hitch? I'm aware his tweet is still going. Really disappointed that if he was going away, that he didn't say goodbye.

had to do an interview and transcribe it recently too, fuck me, way more painful than I thought it'd be (the transcribing of recording to typed transcript - not the actual interview!). How long was the interview?
                                                                                                              Actually, it'd probably be a lot easier to slow it down to half speed, though I'm too lazy to figure out what to use to do that because I don't think I will be transcribing more things, I type fast though so that is grand.

It's a great help. He spend the guts of a couple of hours with me
                                                                                                              Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 06-12-14, 21:57.

Time to take Hanson to a good old Tipperary pub #ashtraysontrhetable

dunno how they will react to a jumpsuit lol

She'll wreck the gaff.

The dream

How are you finding the new expansion?

Had a horrible experience of continuing a previous Arena run after the update and having people playing with the new cards versus my old deck. Felt so unfair. Only have one draft under my belt with the new one so far.

Also screw them for nerfing Auctioneer

Btw, we're talking about an online turn based card game called Hearthstone, it's brilliant fun.

How are you finding the new expansion?

Had a horrible experience of continuing a previous Arena run after the update and having people playing with the new cards versus my old deck. Felt so unfair. Only have one draft under my belt with the new one so far.

Also screw them for nerfing Auctioneer

Btw, we're talking about an online turn based card game called Hearthstone, it's brilliant fun.
                                                                                                                      There does seem to be a bit of power creep all right, same thing happened to me with the old cards as I never play arena (haven't played it for a year)...give this freebie with the new cards a chance says I... so it went pretty well.

I really don't know much of the new cards yet but from the cards I drafted in this one run:

The main thing I noticed was the cards I had that had board effect were insane so i tried to draft a deck around that. I had a bomb lobber

and goblin blast mage

These were sick with the likes of duplicate and cheap mechs. Along with that I had a brew to bounce it back.
                                                                                                                      After this I found that Piloted sky golem

was insane for me (I duplicated it and twice it got this overcharged charging yeti thing).

When it was used against me it traded with my whole board as when it died it summoned a piloted shredder

which was just insane. His one card turned into 3 and wiped my board.

I certainly think a lot of the new cards are very fun, and it brings a lot to the game, there will be so much variety and funny plays now looking through these cards.
                                                                                                                      There is a lot of RNG but I think it's good RNG for the game, makes it fun for all levels of skill.

Bit lame about auctioneer all right, didnt need to nerf him, as you could have seen how strong he was with all the new cards first. Miracle rogue could just be dead already without it. I'm not complaining though as I dusted a few of them!

mmmbop?