• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just back from Burger King

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      Just back from Burger King
      Whats the equivalent of a McDonalds €2 double cheesburger in burger king?.
      I struggle to make a commitment of walking into a BK when i cant weigh up whats the equivalent of such and such in comparison to McDonalds.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
        Whats the equivalent of a McDonalds €2 double cheesburger in burger king?.
        I struggle to make a commitment of walking into a BK when i cant weigh up whats the equivalent of such and such in comparison to McDonalds.
        Don't think there is one. They stick to meals, if you want a burger on its own they will rape your wallet.

Comment

Amateur move to put a Wispa in a fridge. Its the equivilant to putting a curly wurley in a fridge.
          What?There s caramel in a Curly Wurly they are no way comparable.Wispa from the fridge is the nuts.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          Spoilered that massive pic there Cuchullainn. It took me a bit of scrolling and searching to find the wispas!
          Sorry about that 5starpool, Im having trouble lately uploading pics but only here-no problem on boards.But thanks for the spoiler as it was huge!

Comment

Comment

Anywhere in town to get the screen of a Moto G fixed for cheapish. Asked around Moore St. and best I got was 60.

Comment

Pretty sure the guy at 2:15 is a member here, interesting to see Russell Brand wading in on this situation.

Russell Brand The Trews (E189).Tap water in the Republic of Ireland until now has been free - but the introduction of charges as an austerity measure has alr...
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I'm sure CHD will love that vid Danny.

Comment

@ Rounders, that 'Journey of a Joke' series you posted was brilliant.

The host lad Dean Scurry is a good egg isn't he?

Thought Fabu was hilarious. I've a major crush on Tabitha, think it's the way she speaks, so sexy.

Cheers for posting, great stuff.

Here if anyone's interested.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

He has to die.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Amateur move to put a Wispa in a fridge. Its the equivilant to putting a curly wurley in a fridge.
                          Putting a curly wirley into the fridge turns it into a murder weapon ffs!

Comment

I cant see any such option as 'min upload % to 0'

Your only cutting upload rate to 0 when its fully downloaded for yourself.
                            It's on the queuing tab -> Min ratio %.

And then tick the limit when ratio reached box.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              @ Rounders, that 'Journey of a Joke' series you posted was brilliant.

The host lad Dean Scurry is a good egg isn't he?

Thought Fabu was hilarious. I've a major crush on Tabitha, think it's the way she speaks, so sexy.

Cheers for posting, great stuff.

Here if anyone's interested.
                              Cheers Lazare yeah its the best ive seen anywhere in any form for a long time, thanks for that. Im in love with Tabi!. Dean is a good sort despite his viscous look!. Good sets with him in Moore and Parnell st. Great the way he is able to just go up to people and connect. He was a good fit within this group and you could see he was proud in what he was helping build.

I guess the great thing is it has so much soul, its actually very little all about the performance more than the individual in each case. I love their thoughts away from the stage too in particular Fabu in Finglas, and Tabi. But loved way Dil sums up her feelings so easily and effortlessly, you cant not love Dil.

I happened upon it because i love the sound of Dils voice and the way she condenses her sentences. Im always blown away by migrant people who speak english better than we do. So i just googles her name and happened upon journey of a joke.

Comment

Scroobius pip has a new podcast with interesting guests so far. Only one had to turn off was Brand, very annoying. Used to quite like him too but he is quite the tit the last while

Comment

...I feel so bad for Andy Murray right now...He is probably wishing he didn't make the finals after all..

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                    What?There s caramel in a Curly Wurly they are no way comparable.Wispa from the fridge is the nuts.
                                    Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                    Putting a curly wirley into the fridge turns it into a murder weapon ffs!
                                    Ok i take it back, i exaggerated for emphasis. In the cold dim of night i admit a curley wurley and a wispa in a fridge isnt the same thing.
                                    However i dont think a wispa is helped being in a fridge as it interferes with the way the bubbles react on initial mouth contact. Its best kept in a cool dark place other than a fridge. A dairy milk in a fridge is to be supported gets a walk every time

Comment

Cheers Lazare yeah its the best ive seen anywhere in any form for a long time, thanks for that. Im in love with Tabi!. Dean is a good sort despite his viscous look!. Good sets with him in Moore and Parnell st. Great the way he is able to just go up to people and connect. He was a good fit within this group and you could see he was proud in what he was helping build.

I guess the great thing is it has so much soul, its actually very little all about the performance more than the individual in each case. I love their thoughts away from the stage too in particular Fabu in Finglas, and Tabi. But loved way Dil sums up her feelings so easily and effortlessly, you cant not love Dil.

I happened upon it because i love the sound of Dils voice and the way she condenses her sentences. Im always blown away by migrant people who speak english better than we do. So i just googles her name and happened upon journey of a joke.
                                      I only learned half way through that it was filmed in 2011.

Seems Fabu has carved out a good career in comedy since.

Yeah Dil is great, love her show on NT, used to listen to it on my way to bar work. I remember when I first heard her on air having a feeling of pride that such a minority person had a prominent position in the media.

I remember listening to George Hook one evening and he made some comment about Dil and fellas, something like 'Dil will be out on the town tonight chasing guys'
                                      I texted in informing him that she's not too fond of the youngfellas. He didn't read it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                        I only learned half way through that it was filmed in 2011.

Seems Fabu has carved out a good career in comedy since.

Yeah Dil is great, love her show on NT, used to listen to it on my way to bar work. I remember when I first heard her on air having a feeling of pride that such a minority person had a prominent position in the media.

I remember listening to George Hook one evening and he made some comment about Dil and fellas, something like 'Dil will be out on the town tonight chasing guys'
                                        I texted in informing him that she's not too fond of the youngfellas. He didn't read it out.
                                        Dil is so warm and expressive its no wonder she is able to project this. Fabu still in the comedy is he!, i watched several more of the company that filmed this 'dctv'(Scurry calls it 'dole tv!') UPC 802 btw. Didnt realise he went on in comedy. Tabi is so vivacious she'll be ok
                                        Love the scene on Moore st when Tabi is talking to the stall seller female equivilent of Noellie from Love/Hate and she suggested to the stall seller that she could do with botox for her lip and the stall seller says ''The cheek of yeh''!!!!

Comment

Dil is so warm and expressive its no wonder she is able to project this. Fabu still in the comedy is he!, i watched several more of the company that filmed this 'dctv'(Scurry calls it 'dole tv!') UPC 802 btw. Didnt realise he went on in comedy. Tabi is so vivacious she'll be ok
                                          Love the scene on Moore st when Tabi is talking to the stall seller female equivilent of Noellie from Love/Hate and she suggested to the stall seller that she could do with botox for her lip and the stall seller says ''The cheek of yeh''!!!!
                                          lol Noelie

Yeah that whole Moore St bit was my favourite, Tabi's great.

Comment

If you are not unlimited broadband i would advise deleting the film from utorrent as soon as its downloaded otherwise other p2p users are uploading off your already fully downloaded file using up your bandwith so always a good policy is that when you hit 100% completion to delete from utorrent, dont worry the downloaded file will be still in your downloads folder.

And just to be sure in utorrent limit the amount users can download/upload off you in options/perferences/bandwith/alternate upload rate when not downloading kbs/ps to a really low number like 10 but not '0' as zero is unlimited. In short what this means is that even if you forget to take the torrent off utorrent after 100% completion other users arent eating into your monthly download/upload limit.
                                            You gotta give something back if you use torrents can't just hit & run, in Transmission you can set it to stop at a specific amount which is handy. Also it's a quid pro quo the more you give the more you receive. Obviously on a limited bandwidth you gotta judge that for yourself, that's why a filelocker is good for that reason.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            Who's the 2:15 lad? Fairly certain he's familiar. But the vague memory thats been awoken says he's familiar from outside poker.
                                            Only know him through poker always seems like a nice chap, think his name here is punterbren if I remember correctly.
                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Yay, finally got the Beemer over the NCT line (test was at 9.40pm, wtf?), not before pumping €1000 into it.

Should be a good market for it now what with the new NCT/penalty points rule coming in.

Gonna put it up for about €2500.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                You gotta give something back if you use torrents can't just hit & run, in Transmission you can set it to stop at a specific amount which is handy. Also it's a quid pro quo the more you give the more you receive. Obviously on a limited bandwidth you gotta judge that for yourself, that's why a filelocker is good for that reason.
                                                People are getting equal back when i am downloading just when the film is 100% the drawbridge comes up. The algorithms make it fair

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                  Strewel the Newlands Fly Over won't be open until next week.

Good thread here for anyone interested

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...686254&page=36
                                                  When this opens is it going to make Naas north to Naas south an even bigger disaster between 5-7 pm?

Comment

Ok i take it back, i exaggerated for emphasis. In the cold dim of night i admit a curley wurley and a wispa in a fridge isnt the same thing.
                                                    However i dont think a wispa is helped being in a fridge as it interferes with the way the bubbles react on initial mouth contact. Its best kept in a cool dark place other than a fridge. A dairy milk in a fridge is to be supported gets a walk every time
                                                    I don't keep any chocolate in the fridge fwiw. Much better from the press.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                      I don't keep any chocolate in the fridge fwiw. Much better from the press.
                                                      Except Moros.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                        Except Moros.
                                                        Been a while since i had one of those bad boys

Comment

I just finished the last episode of the 2nd season of Peaky Blinders. I thought with the first season there was a gulf between the ambition of the production values / direction and the quality of the writing, the latter letting it down.

But the second season was absolutely brilliant in all ways imo. Weinstein company pumped money into it, writing was a whole lot better, brilliant acting (Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy outstanding), good plots.

Highly recommended.

Comment

...Looking to pick up a Bluetooth Speaker, and of course I am looking for assistance from the IPBNC (Patent pending)...I had one of the Vodafone pocket boom speakers a few months ago but it broke quite quickly, kinda looking for something around that size...Not looking to spend too much on it ,(<40:00€ ) if possible...
                                                            ...Assistance requested and Appreciated...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                              ...Looking to pick up a Bluetooth Speaker, and of course I am looking for assistance from the IPBNC (Patent pending)...I had one of the Vodafone pocket boom speakers a few months ago but it broke quite quickly, kinda looking for something around that size...Not looking to spend too much on it ,(<40:00€ ) if possible...
                                                              ...Assistance requested and Appreciated...
                                                              HDMX jam does the trick nicely for that price
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                  HDMX jam does the trick nicely for that price
                                                                  ...They seem popular...would you know if they are sturdy or likely to break if dropped a couple of times?...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                    ...They seem popular...would you know if they are sturdy or likely to break if dropped a couple of times?...
                                                                    mines been through a lot and still going, plenty of trips camping holidays I can only imagine its been dropped many times
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                      mines been through a lot and still going, plenty of trips camping holidays I can only imagine its been dropped many times
                                                                      ...Ah that's cool...Bringing it on holidays so likely to be dropped when drunk...

...This is the one I've chosen...Just need to decide what colour now...Thanks...

Comment

Just in the door from Interstellar.
                                                                        SPOILER

Still finding it difficult to get my head around how good it actually was, flawless, masterpiece, outstanding. Bravo that man , Bravo.
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

The trick with a fridge Wispa is to hold it in your hand for about 45/60 seconds before the initial bite.
                                                                            Don't want to get too scientific here like some,but the chemical reaction from the heat breaks down the outer bubbles while leaving the core ones hard thus ensuing the perfect bite.
                                                                            I think the formula for this first bite is better known as E=mc2.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                              When this opens is it going to make Naas north to Naas south an even bigger disaster between 5-7 pm?

Comment

Working through Game of Thrones Season 4 this week on a new "boxset" channel.
                                                                                Just watch the
                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                Oberyn vrs The Mountain trial by combat. Episode.
                                                                                Holy Fuck. Read some posts from a while back. and Theresa echo'd my thoughts. Utter gutted for Oberyn.

I really should start the books. How many pages I wonder?

Comment

Just over 4k for the hardcover versions according to the wikis. It's worth it though, I much prefer books.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                    Working through Game of Thrones Season 4 this week on a new "boxset" channel.
                                                                                    Just watch the
                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                    Oberyn vrs The Mountain trial by combat. Episode.
                                                                                    Holy Fuck. Read some posts from a while back. and Theresa echo'd my thoughts. Utter gutted for Oberyn.

I really should start the books. How many pages I wonder?
                                                                                    Are you my brother ?
                                                                                    SPOILER

This too shall pass.

Comment

Riddling Bants

What is the parking spot number that the parked car occupies?
                                                                                      -----------------------------------------
                                                                                      There are six eggs in the basket. Six people each take one of the eggs. How can it be that one egg is left in the basket?
                                                                                      --- 34 --- 32 --- 36 --- 46 --- 68 --- 79 --- 50 --- 35 --- 32 --- (Cheers jamfly, getting too old for this shit - cba replying. re eggs: tricky/meh answer - was my least favourite Q.)
                                                                                      16 --- 18 --- 14 --- 22 --- X --- 44 --- 35 --- 15 --- 20 --- 12

Find X
                                                                                      How can you be behind a person when that person is also behind you?
                                                                                      Two fathers and two sons were seated round a table. There were four apples on the table. Each of them took one apple and ate it entirely yet there was still one apple left on the table. How was this possible?
                                                                                      Last edited by mdoug; 14-11-14, 05:51.
                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Im no good at those number sequences, last one is...

SPOILER
                                                                                        3 generations of men.
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Just booked myself accom, train tickets and a return ferry for <€150 and have a ticket for €40 when I get there. Very happy with that. Leaving now. Somewhat dreading the game but hope I'm just being foolish!! COYBIG etc. etc.

Well done ole.
                                                                                          That is all.
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                            Are you about to lap them ? something to do with laps ?

I really should go to bed...
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post

What is the parking spot number that the parked car occupies?

SPOILER
                                                                                              87

There are six eggs in the basket. Six people each take one of the eggs. How can it be that one egg is left in the basket?
                                                                                              SPOILER

Hmm, dunno. It's not like they each took an egg at different times or something?

--- 34 --- 32 --- 36 --- 46 --- 68 --- 79 --- 50 --- 35 --- 34 ---
                                                                                              16 --- 18 --- 14 --- 22 --- X --- 44 --- 35 --- 15 --- 20 --- 12

Find X

SPOILER
                                                                                              24. But should the final number on the first line not be 32?

SPOILER
                                                                                              you're standing back to back

Two fathers and two sons were seated round a table. There were four apples on the table. Each of them took one apple and ate it entirely yet there was still one apple left on the table. How was this possible?
                                                                                              SPOILER

A grandfather, a father, and a son at the table

,
                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Eggs answer

SPOILER
                                                                                                one of them put the egg back?
                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                  Eggs answer

SPOILER
                                                                                                  one of them put the egg back?
                                                                                                  Incorrect.

I also know why I messed up the maths one earlier, got 2 of them confused. Tougher one for ya so Jamfly/others

--- 34 --- 32 --- 36 --- 46 --- 64 --- 75 --- 50 --- 35 --- 34
                                                                                                  16 --- 18 --- 14 --- 22 --- X --- 40 --- 35 --- 15 --- 20 --- 12

I like this one, tough!
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Local river has burst it's banks

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Eggs question
                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                      last guy took his egg in the basket

Comment

Played my first game of 5-a-side for over 2 years last, in fact it was the first exercise above a light walk I've done in that time (cheers for the invite mdoug)

Didn't realise it was a competitive game as opposed to a kickabout until after I had agreed to pay. Despite doing next to nothing, I feel like I've been hit by a bus that then dragged me down the road this morning.

Time waits for no man
                                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                          Played my first game of 5-a-side for over 2 years last, in fact it was the first exercise above a light walk I've done in that time (cheers for the invite mdoug)

Didn't realise it was a competitive game as opposed to a kickabout until after I had agreed to pay. Despite doing next to nothing, I feel like I've been hit by a bus that then dragged me down the road this morning.

Time waits for no man
                                                                                                          I had to get physio last night on my back/hips. Not joking when I say she laughed at how stiff (ooh matron) I was. No flexibility at all. Gonna be a long road back.

Gave up the ball though.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                            I had to get physio last night on my back/hips. Not joking when I say she laughed at how stiff (ooh matron) I was. No flexibility at all. Gonna be a long road back.

Gave up the ball though.
                                                                                                            Don't give up the ball, although unconfirmed reports suggest that your old team won the league...after you retired during pre-season.

Not that the two events are linked in any way of course
                                                                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                              Don't give up the ball, although unconfirmed reports suggest that your old team won the league...after you retired during pre-season.

Not that the two events are linked in any way of course
                                                                                                              ha ha, lol. Yep as soon as I left they excelled !! I think they even went through the season unbeaten. Def a sign if I ever saw one.

I honestly couldn't walk up the stairs the morning after a match so just not worth it anymore. Have the little fellow now, so I'll just work on his left peg for the next few years

Comment

Clap clap clap clap clap
                                                                                                                Clap clap CLAP CLAP
                                                                                                                IRELAND!

Comment

I'm in Kinsale at the weekend. Is Fishy Fishy a must or just another place?

Comment

The game is about
                                                                                                                    Being effective
                                                                                                                    Being aggressive
                                                                                                                    Winning the ball
                                                                                                                    Getting it on with the play
                                                                                                                    We'll Put 'em Under Pressure

Ole, Ole Ole Ole, Ole, Ole
                                                                                                                    Ole, Ole Ole Ole, Ole, Ole

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                      Are you my brother ?
                                                                                                                      SPOILER

We must delve deeper into this

Comment

you can be behind someone and they behind you if you have lapped them in a race.
                                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                          I'm in Kinsale at the weekend. Is Fishy Fishy a must or just another place?
                                                                                                                          Disgusted at the lack of plaice pun

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X