This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
    easiest way to get from Heuston Station to the AUL Complex near the airport?
    Taxi.
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
      Taxi.
      gfy mate

for the budget conscious of us. Is there any easy public transport route?
      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

gfy mate

for the budget conscious of us. Is there any easy public transport route?
        Dublin bus website will let you put in your start and end point and tell you what bus gets you there. Put a bit of effort into it Jam-Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          Dublin bus website will let you put in your start and end point and tell you what bus gets you there. Put a bit of effort into it Jam-Fly.
          Thought it was worth asking here first to see if I could get the inside track.
          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Thought it was worth asking here first to see if I could get the inside track.
            Dom's suggestion is actually the best one outside taxi to be honest.
            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Also given it's the AUL complex you will need to either get a taxi or walk part of the way as it's not exactly on a well serviced major road or anything,

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                You should come for a few scoops with me and the Canadian bunch at some stage? Be good to have someone with an Irish sense of humour about besides myself.

You can join in my crusade against the fact that they can only ever understand one definition for anything. Canadians don't do synonyms. If it isn't the word they are used to using to describe something... that blank, yet polite, stare descends.
                Oh my Canadian friends think I'm completely nuts because of jokes I'll make, what I'll say etc or they'll think I'm serious when I say something that's clearly a joke.

There's lots of stuff they have no idea about, they're very insular to a lot of what's going on around the world. I understand if I say something that's Irish or Irish related but big news stories just over their head. Their local news stories can be hilarious, Dog has six puppies, all different colours!

One thing I always get blank stares about is the word queue.

- 'We're in bar x, come down.'
                - 'Is there a queue outside?'
                - 'A what?'
                - 'A line up ffs!'

Yeah I'll take you up on that sometime.
                Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 03-12-14, 22:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                  Oh my Canadian friends think I'm completely nuts because of jokes I'll make, what I'll say etc or they'll think I'm serious when I say something that's clearly a joke.

There's lots of stuff they have no idea about, they're very insular to a lot of what's going on around the world. I understand if I say something that's Irish or Irish related but big news stories just over their head. Their local news stories can be hilarious, Dog has six puppies, all different colours!

One thing I always get blank stares about is the word queue.

- 'We're in bar x, come down.'
                  - 'Is there a queue outside?'
                  - 'A what?'
                  - 'A line up ffs!'

Yeah I'll take you up on that sometime.
                  Very true. It's a little unnerving, then they look at you like YOU'RE the weirdo. I've said as much to a few Canadian friends.

Do man, I'm not sure if I've met you before but I assume you are a friend of Keanes (from here) so you have to at least be alright.
                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

This is a line up aye.

Scene from "The Usual Suspects".Info from the masses: "The cop's reaction to Benicio Del Toro during the line-up ("In English please") was unscripted and unr...

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                      Very true. It's a little unnerving, then they look at you like YOU'RE the weirdo. I've said as much to a few Canadian friends.

Do man, I'm not sure if I've met you before but I assume you are a friend of Keanes (from here) so you have to at least be alright.
                      Haha I'm not, don't think I know anyone from here so I could be a complete nut.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                        Also given it's the AUL complex you will need to either get a taxi or walk part of the way as it's not exactly on a well serviced major road or anything,
                        ya just seeing that now. Would getting the bus to the Clonshaugh industrial estate and taxi to the AUL Complex from there be the best bet? Or would it be cheaper get a taxi from the airport to the AUL complex? It's not for me btw, for a friend of mine, needs to be there for 11am in the morning and wouldn't know Dublin at all.
                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

If he has to get there by 11 he needs to be at the Airport by 1040 and will get a taxi no problem. Might be easiest.

Comment

Just watched Seve-The Movie.
                            Pretty good stuff, didn't glorify his personality or personal life but didn't go too deep into it either, literally no input from his family or info about his wife and kids (Probably my only criticism of the project). Apart from that I thought it was honest enough.
                            Well worth a watch, glad I was on my own when it came to the last 20 mins or so though, pretty tough for all concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                              If he has to get there by 11 he needs to be at the Airport by 1040 and will get a taxi no problem. Might be easiest.
                              train arriving at Heuston at 9:55, would he get from Heuston to airport in 45 minutes by bus do you think?
                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

train arriving at Heuston at 9:55, would he get from Heuston to airport in 45 minutes by bus do you think?
                                Usually takes me between 45 minutes to an hour. It says it only takes 30 minutes or something but they're lying cunts. Bus leaves every 15 minutes I think.

Comment

No. Next bus if he makes it is at 10am, any slight delay and it'll be 10:15. It takes me 35-40 mins at 6am to get yo airport, but about hour in evenings. His journey time prob somewhere in between.
                                  Last edited by eamonhonda; 03-12-14, 23:32.
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ferg View Post
                                    I have one of these gathering dust in the utility room. If you want it pm me where to send it to
                                    Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                    typical lol I spotted one in portlaoise on adverts for 12 quid and made an offer of 8 quid, he accepted. So I have to go with that as dont want to damage my feedback which is 100%

thanks a mil
                                    Just on this, will she be letting him know that it isn't the real box? for instance if he loses his phone and calls to get the IMEI blacklisted or something like that it could maybe affect someone elses phone?

When my eldest lost her phone I rang 3 and I didn't have her phone registered and I just read the IMEI off the box and that was it blacklisted.

Comment

cheers lads. Will be cutting everything fairly tight so by the sounds of things. Think I've a lift sorted from the airport for him, so hopefully that'll save a few minutes taxi wise
                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                        Dog has six puppies, all different colours!
                                        I didn't hear about this!

Comment

Might throw an add up on freelance and hire some nightcrew staff from Asia to post through the nights.
                                          Or get someone on a jobbridge obv.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                            I didn't hear about this!
                                            You still havent...

SPOILER
                                            nitpicking 101 ahoy
                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Just about recovered from my trip to vegas. Place is like Disneyland for adults. Absolutely adored it... Will be going back sometime next year. Only downside was that the drive up took 4hrs 10 mins which was fine but took 8hrs 30 mins getting back. Really painful traffic jams, felt myself getting all Falling Down at one stage.

The highlight was definitely the Jackson One show, was absolutely brilliant and a joy to watch.

Next up is Baja
                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Would love a person forever if I could get my hands on a pre-sale code for Fleetwood Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                  Would love a person forever if I could get my hands on a pre-sale code for Fleetwood Mac.
                                                  I just Pmed rigger one, and noticed now Dom sent him one also.

I will send you the one i send him.

Rigger...Dont use the code i sent you.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Denny, did you get the Philips yoke? Any review?

I'm about to pull the trigger. The blackness in the morning is too depressing.

Comment

New episode of Serial out now apparently Emmet.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                        Just about recovered from my trip to vegas. Place is like Disneyland for adults. Absolutely adored it... Will be going back sometime next year. Only downside was that the drive up took 4hrs 10 mins which was fine but took 8hrs 30 mins getting back. Really painful traffic jams, felt myself getting all Falling Down at one stage.

The highlight was definitely the Jackson One show, was absolutely brilliant and a joy to watch.

Next up is Baja
                                                        Sounds like hell, would assume it's cheap enough to fly? Obviously with the drive you get to see a few sights along the way.
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                          Sounds like hell, would assume it's cheap enough to fly? Obviously with the drive you get to see a few sights along the way.
                                                          I thought the route was Vegas - Desert - LA so not much in the way of sights?

(this based on reading Fear and Loathing though so the route may well be full of amazing sightseeing for all I know)
                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Yeah its a seriously boring drive.

Comment

how to cook prawns in 3 seconds

here's a wideshot view
                                                              SPOILER

Last edited by shrapnel; 04-12-14, 12:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                I thought the route was Vegas - Desert - LA so not much in the way of sights?

(this based on reading Fear and Loathing though so the route may well be full of amazing sightseeing for all I know)
                                                                Via the Chicken Ranch obv

Comment

"I use mail chimp"

"you do!"
                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                    BBV ^
                                                                    You might say Big Love for BBV?
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                      Yeah its a seriously boring drive.
                                                                      Bat Country, you have to be careful
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

nightcrawler screener now widely available fwiw.

Comment

My assumption is that Rugby pros are using indiscriminately. Certainly I don't see the type of testing protocols that could prove otherwise. Heavy gym work; heavy conditioning work; more games than ever before; calendars that run longer than ever before.

They'd be dead right to be availing of all chemical assistance available imo. I'd say HGH would be particularly beneficial.
                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                            "I use mail chimp"

"you do!"

Five episodes in (not guilty imo) and it's burned into my brain!
                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                              My assumption is that Rugby pros are using indiscriminately. Certainly I don't see the type of testing protocols that could prove otherwise. Heavy gym work; heavy conditioning work; more games than ever before; calendars that run longer than ever before.

They'd be dead right to be availing of all chemical assistance available imo. I'd say HGH would be particularly beneficial.
                                                                              I honestly thought everyone took this as a given.

Comment

Understandable maybe. "Dead right"? Never.

Comment

I think anyone who says that there aren't any rugby players playing at any sort of decent level not dabbling in any banned substances would be kidding themselves.

In fact i'd be surprised if there is any sport out there that wouldn't have participants who would look to get an edge by taking illegal supplements.
                                                                                  Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

NASA TV airs a variety of regularly scheduled, pre-recorded educational and public relations programming 24 hours a day on its various channels. Programs include "This Week @ NASA", which shows news from NASA centers around the country; “Science Live,” which features news and discoveries from the Science Mission Directorate; "Video File", which broadcasts b-roll footage for news and media outlets; "Education File", which provides special programming for schools; "NASA Edge" and "NASA 360", hosted programs that focus on different aspects of NASA. The network also provides an array of live programming, such as International Space Station events (spacewalks, media interviews, educational broadcasts), press conferences and rocket launches. These often include running commentary by members of the NASA Public Affairs Office who serve as the "voice of Mission Control," including Rob Navias, Dan Huot and Brandi Dean. In the United States, NASA Television's Public and Media channels are MPEG-2 digital C-band signals carried by QPSK/DVB-S modulation on satellite AMC-3, transponder 15C, at 87 degrees west longitude. Downlink frequency is 4000 MHz, horizontal polarization, with a data rate of 38.86 Mhz, symbol rate of 28.1115 Ms/s, and ¾ FEC. A Digital Video Broadcast (DVB) compliant Integrated Receiver Decoder (IRD) is needed for reception. 1,,4

Orion launch in 4 mins.

Comment

Fuck sake, 3rd postponement.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                          I think anyone who says that there aren't any rugby players playing at any sort of decent level not dabbling in any banned substances would be kidding themselves.

In fact i'd be surprised if there is any sport out there that wouldn't have participants who would look to get an edge by taking illegal supplements.
                                                                                          yeah but I think what's so potent about Lloyd's point is that he thinks pretty much all rugby players are using.

I'm sure in every professional sport there are participants using, but the percentage of those using would vary a lot between sports.
                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Professional rugby players must be among the most asthmatic group of people on the planet...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                              Professional rugby players must be among the most asthmatic group of people on the planet...
                                                                                              What drug is so popular one that open the airways -lungs allowing more oxygen in.
                                                                                              A poor mans epo?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                Yeah, that thing. I was going to say above but I didn't have the citation so thought I might have dreamed it. There was a thing where say 10% of the general population have prescriptions for asthma, while for some 6N game a few years ago 100% of the Irish squad had prescriptions for asthma. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                  What drug is so popular one that open the airways -lungs allowing more oxygen in.
                                                                                                  A poor mans epo?
                                                                                                  Ventilin I think it might be? Same thing Aidan O'Mahoney tested positive for before the AI final in 2009 I believe.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clenbuterol (certain effects)
                                                                                                    &
                                                                                                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salbutamol (un-certain effects)

Comment

Understandable maybe. "Dead right"? Never.
                                                                                                      Competing at the elite level in strength / endurance sports requires chemical assistance - it's a prerequisite. I've learned to just accept it personally. In so many ways, elite sport is very unhealthy.

Comment

In so many ways, elite sport is very unhealthy.
                                                                                                        mentally as well as physically

not often you see elite sportspeople who look like they are enjoying their life

Comment

Competing at the elite level in strength / endurance sports requires chemical assistance - it's a prerequisite. I've learned to just accept it personally. In so many ways, elite sport is very unhealthy.
                                                                                                          rugby especially, I've said it before so won't get into it again, but it'll be interesting to see what measures are brought in over the next 20 years or so. Rugby has changed so much since becoming a professional sport, there's still no real evidence of what effect professional rugby has on the body. As you said, it's probably nigh on impossible to compete at the very highest level these days with just protein or creatine, esp if other competitors are using.

mentally as well as physically

not often you see elite sportspeople who look like they are enjoying their life
                                                                                                          could you say the same about anyone at a high level in their field? Politicians, doctors, traders all working at the highest level would often seem to not be enjoying their lives.
                                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Trump might have a mental block here, probably remembers the last time be player a Lawlor

Comment

could you say the same about anyone at a high level in their field? Politicians, doctors, traders all working at the highest level would often seem to not be enjoying their lives.
                                                                                                              Politicians maybe - the other two don't get media attention or fan adulation.

Look at your average Premiership soccer player - millions in salary for kicking a ball, educated to primary school level, no connection to their fans, surrounded by agents and spivs and constantly being hassled\asslicked by media scumbags. Doesn't make for stable, balanced individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                If one were to buy a coffee machine and grinder - what would the BBV recommend?
                                                                                                                Gaggia for both

grinder

machine

and get a tamper from this lad

also; don't listen to zuutroy. Confirmed coffee charlatan.

Comment

As you said, it's probably nigh on impossible to compete at the very highest level these days with just protein or creatine, esp if other competitors are using.
                                                                                                                  Here's a post I made on boards about it

Originally posted by emmet02
                                                                                                                  There's a couple of very important factors to consider when we talk about doping and the idea of doping.

One important point is that our awareness and understanding of nutrition in 2014 is so far advanced compared to only 50 years ago that you could almost call a 100% whole food, naturally occurring diet that a competitor in any sport eats 'doping' compared to that of what was eaten 50 years ago.

Step one in 'fuel' is diet, competitors today know exactly what macronutrient breakdown they need to assist their task. They can tailor their carbohydrate intake depending on training types etc. This can mean muscle built quicker, fat lost quicker, mass built "cleaner", simply through understanding what your body uses what for. This advantage has always existed, but increased information is worth more. However, banning whole foods? Mental idea imo.

The next step from whole foods is into 'natural' supplementation. If a player needs macro nutrients such as protein or carbohydrate, it might be more practical to isolate and deliver these instead of having them eat a chicken breast and a cup of brown rice straight after a training session. Having a whey protein shake (which is a natural byproduct in cheese production) with two scoops of maltodextrin (extracted naturally from wheat) is more convenient and can happen faster, meaning that the recovery/absorption time is reduced, which is a benefit.

Next step again, 'lab' supplements. Consider that we have the chemical makeup of maltodextrin available to us. And a lab simply creates maltodextrin without any extraction from wheat. The difference between the compound created naturally, and that created in a lab is almost negligible. Given that the 'product' is almost the same, we cannot really ban one vs the other. We don't have tests for if someone got naturally occurring creatine (from meat) vs synthetically created creatine . It's also far, far, far easier to isolate and produce creatine from lab sources than from natural sources.

Then it starts to get really, really murky. How can I differentiate between creatine (above) and anabolic steroids given that they're both made in the body as well as being able to be produced with benefit in labs? At the moment, I differentiate because I'm told to by the WADA, I personally have no terms of reference in order to create these differences. That's not to say there aren't very clear ones, I just don't know them.

I personally, in all my training try to stop at step one, whole foods. That's me though. Are we eventually going to try to have 4 different types of sports? Depending on the level of "lab work", "natural substances" etc? How would we test and ban? If we had differing levels of 'allowed advantage' would any of them be seen as "more worthwhile" than another?
                                                                                                                  The bolded bit is important. I'm currently incapable of defining the line.

Comment

Unless you actually have asthma those inhalers will provide no benefit to you in terms of performance. Unless you are at the extreme ends of the scale the air in your lungs isn't the rate limiting step.

On another note I think I remember someone here say that as you get older the social hierarchy changes in terms of male/female relationships. Whereas females tend to have their pick in the early 20's as they approach 30 and above they start to become a bit worried? or something I dunno. The opposite seems to be true for lads from the anecdotal evidence I have from looking at some of my friends.
                                                                                                                    Was talking to one of my female friends earlier (good looking girl - genuinely, but no pics so gtfo) and her main criteria for a lad at the moment is that he is not a weirdo! Was thinking that if a lad considered himself a 5/6 out of 10 and was looking to snap up a girl a couple of divisions above his league there would certainly be merit in holding out for awhile. I presume there somes a drop off point too where holding out would produce diminishing returns especially in terms of having a family etc

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                      Was thinking that if a lad considered himself a 5/6 out of 10 and was looking to snap up a girl a couple of divisions above his league there would certainly be merit in holding out for awhile.
                                                                                                                      do you not just show them your IMO membership card and await them flinging their clothes off?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                        seems like an incredibly large grinder
                                                                                                                        <insert poker related joke here>

Comment

There is 100% drugs in rugby though just take a look at the Leigh Halfpenny transformation and how he casually put on 10Kg of lean muscle mass pre 2013 season

do you not just show them your IMO membership card and await them flinging their clothes off?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X