Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved Hellblazer, there was a beautiful Pogues song reference in one of the first ones i picked up. Instantly hooked after that.
    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Not bad:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        I saw a flock of swallows this morning, like the ones you would see on a nature program, making crazy shapes in the air, thousands upon thousands of them.

Don't think i have ever seen it before here.

Is it the mild weather ?
        Unless you are in Afirca it weren't no Swallows cause thats where those lads are all hanging out right now.

It was probably starlings but its early yet for the really big flocks to have gathered. Typically as the winter goes on and it gets colder they accumulate into ever bigger flocks.

This is a great video from Mountshannon on Lough Derg a couple of years ago, there is something a bit special about it.

For the natural audio click on this link: https://youtu.be/KxfvseECDcswww.islandsandrivers.comMusic By: Nomad Soul - Murmuration (Original) www.nomadsoulcoll...
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

People who go through every fucking ring tone when looking for a new one, whilst on a bus, must die.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Want to take advantage of the big screen on the new tablet and give comics (is that the word if its adult?) a go.

Just gave the first The Walking Dead a read and looks great, but maybe not a topic of interest, although does have some potential.

Is there maybe a generally agreed list of: you've got to read to read this, when it comes to comics?
            do you speak french? if so i can give you a very long list of graphic novels to read!!

I sent the incal graphic novels to a few here. would be curious to find out what they thought and if they enjoyed them.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
              People who go through every fucking ring tone when looking for a new one, whilst on a bus, must die.
              Sometimes it feels like our office is running a competition for who can have the most hideous ringtone.
              I'm going to scoop the lot of them by setting up a snip of BobSloane singing the GFYIMO chorus... obv I'll just be using it for a select few incoming numbers
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                Only 10 posts to go Danny, excited yet?
                Was thinking about it the other day "wonder what happens when I hit 20,000" balloons drop from the celling Dom?
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      do you speak french? if so i can give you a very long list of graphic novels to read!!

I sent the incal graphic novels to a few here. would be curious to find out what they thought and if they enjoyed them.
                      Have been very busy but read the first part and really enjoyed it. Planning to pm you for more in the future Cheers shrap!

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                        I was attacked by one on Grafton street about 2 weeks ago. The fucker took about a quater of a Whopper from my hand, took me a few seconds to realise what had happened.
                        Something similar happened to my little one when we were on holiday in Devon this summer. Having breakfast alfresco with my parents and Aimee had bacon sandwiches. She bent to pick something up and a huge gul swooped down and stole the bacon out the sandwich! Thought that the cafe might have given her some more breakfast but alas no.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                          Fook me. The Pink Snack now has only two fingers. Never buying again. Ever.
                          Deserved a protest when that happened. RIP

Comment

Pretty amazing balance sometimes.
                            Wonder what we will see happening with extinction of certain species (Upper estimates are we cause between 10,000 and 100,000 species to become extinct each year.). Will anything radical happen? Often hear about bees becoming extinct and so on.

Comment

Comment

unilever are suing an eggless mayonnaise company because their product has no eggs in it
                                They are fairly worries as it's cheaper to make/sell and apparently tastes better. As if mayo has much eggs in it anyway, it's essentially oil.

Some of the world's most influential investors are betting Hampton Creek Foods can make the humble egg obsolete. Billion of dollars are at stake.

I love on forbes Bills gates profile...he has gone down in net worth 8 million... -0%
                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 11-11-14, 15:09.

Comment

Didn't know anyone liked the pink snacks. Still an outrage of course.
                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

They may be the worst snack but my god man they are still part of the family.

Comment

Which member are we talking? The cousin you try to avoid as much as possible?

Comment

Horrible thought has just occurred to me. Has the Yellow Snack been reduced also? Heading out to check now.
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                          Which member are we talking? The cousin you try to avoid as much as possible?
                                          The attractive cousin, you know you shouldn't go there, there are better choices.
                                          Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                          Horrible thought has just occurred to me. Has the Yellow Snack been reduced also? Heading out to check now.

Somebody needs to edit the lie of three fingers on this page.

This happened over a year ago btw, I hope ole yeller hasn't been messed with.
                                          If you look up all chocolate bars you will see them getting smaller. Yorkie is a ghost of it's former self.

Comment

Is there a website where you can put in, say 'boy, 4, €40' and it tells you what gift to buy them?

Comment

Yellow is safe........ for now!

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                Of that list, what would be top 3?
                                                Personal preference but
                                                Preacher
                                                Y the last man
                                                Maus
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  Think we need a sixth star to act as an incentive for us all
                                                  6 stars would be clichéd. I put something cooler in place years ago for that far off day. It doesn't include anything as fun as balloons though I'm afraid to say Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                    The attractive cousin, you know you shouldn't go there, there are better choices.

Somebody needs to edit the lie of three fingers on this page.

This happened over a year ago btw, I hope ole yeller hasn't been messed with.
                                                    If you look up all chocolate bars you will see them getting smaller. Yorkie is a ghost of it's former self.
                                                    Yea, they keep the price the same or increase it and make the bars smaller. Wonder is the price of cocoa beans still going up, remember them crying about that years ago.

On the subject, Rolo should change their name (even temporarily) to YOLO. Probably 3x sales for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                      Is there a website where you can put in, say 'boy, 4, €40' and it tells you what gift to buy them?
                                                      There fucken should be.
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Hitch knows a search engin that will handle "Girl, 19, €90" surely.

Comment

My levels of avoidance and procrastination no few bounds. l've spend 45 minutes setting up my 'office' desktop background, complete with putting posters (pics) on the 'walls'.

:-/

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                              Plenly of sites that will get you a police record if you put that in!

Comment

Got tickets for Ireland vs Canada in September, the price of flights and accommodation is mental. Air Lingus already charging €450 to fly in Friday and out Sunday.

Comment

I could never get the link you sent to work actually. I would wait for the download countdown and then click it and it would just loop back to the countdown again :-/

Comment

This really is the perfect reply to the water protestors.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                      I could never get the link you sent to work actually. I would wait for the download countdown and then click it and it would just loop back to the countdown again :-/
                                                                      ah mate , you should've said. i'll stick em up in dropbox and send you the link tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                        Got tickets for Ireland vs Canada in September, the price of flights and accommodation is mental. Air Lingus already charging €450 to fly in Friday and out Sunday.
                                                                        Some sort of x berth camper van and the ferry, kills the problems of accommodation and travel in one go. Shirley has to be far cheaper than the alternative.

Have tickets for the game v Italy in the Olympic stadium, thankfully London has so many entry points/methods that theres a limit to the flight gouging.
                                                                        Though bit disappointed to read that the running track around the pitch will still be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                          I searched for them in piratebay and found an english version in seconds after his download link didn't do anything for me either, so you could try that. I still haven't read it though.

Comment

anyone buy any gps trackers and use software to locate etc

Looking to put some in plant machines to keep track at office.

Comment

ah mate , you should've said. i'll stick em up in dropbox and send you the link tomorrow.
                                                                              ditto
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Have Premium Level tickets for Ireland vs USA in the Aviva next Tuesday night. According to the FAI website, similar tickets would be €100 to buy.

Would there be any market selling these tickets for close to face value or am I as well off giving them to a friend? Would be looking for €300 for 4 tickets (value of €400), any less than €300 and I'd be as happy give them as a gift.
                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                  Have Premium Level tickets for Ireland vs USA in the Aviva next Tuesday night. According to the FAI website, similar tickets would be €100 to buy.

Would there be any market selling these tickets for close to face value or am I as well off giving them to a friend? Would be looking for €300 for 4 tickets (value of €400), any less than €300 and I'd be as happy give them as a gift.
                                                                                  I'd imagine the game won't be close to full so I'd be amazed to get more than 200 for the 4, probably not even that.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    I'd imagine the game won't be close to full so I'd be amazed to get more than 200 for the 4, probably not even that.
                                                                                    Yeah assumed that. Wasn't sure if there might be a slightly greater demand for Premium Level tickets.
                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I'll let you out of our bet for them.

Comment

...on the Subject of tickets...Selling two tickets to see Passenger on Saturday week...70 Euro for both of them will do...would rather not have to do the toutless route...
                                                                                        ...any Takers/Helpers?...

Comment

The Newsroom smashed it in the first episode of the new season
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                            Yeah assumed that. Wasn't sure if there might be a slightly greater demand for Premium Level tickets.
                                                                                            I can't imagine so. Normal tickets are about €30, so would you want to pay €75 for a slightly better seat?

Comment

RIP Big Bank Hank

He had more rhymes than a serious bank

Comment

Question for the Bison Bar devotees: do they take reservations? Website says parties of 10+ and no answer on the phone
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                  Question for the Bison Bar devotees: do they take reservations? Website says parties of 10+ and no answer on the phone
                                                                                                  Come further to my meat wagon, much better than bison we had a group of 14 there 2 weeks ago.
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                    Come further to my meat wagon, much better than bison we had a group of 14 there 2 weeks ago.
                                                                                                    Has to be in town.

Comment

Has to be in town.
                                                                                                      Ah well, make it your business to come again sometime, only a 5 minute luas from town.
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Ah well, make it your business to come again sometime, only a 5 minute luas from town.
                                                                                                        They don't take reservations, reveals some committed googling. Neither do Pitt Bros. I need to book somewhere casual along those lines for about 12, divorce party and they will be well boozed-up in advance. Serjestions please.

Comment

They don't take reservations, reveals some committed googling. Neither do Pitt Bros. I need to book somewhere casual along those lines for about 12, divorce party and they will be well boozed-up in advance.
                                                                                                          Market bar? Nothing amazing but would do the trick?
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Skinflint reserved us 2 tables last year and was pretty good
                                                                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Crackbird>>Skinflint
                                                                                                              Aussie BBQ?

Comment

Market bar? Nothing amazing but would do the trick?
                                                                                                                Terrible din in that shed of a place.
                                                                                                                What's this meet wagon of yours?

Out of interest, when is this divorcě partay?

Comment

They don't take reservations, reveals some committed googling. Neither do Pitt Bros. I need to book somewhere casual along those lines for about 12, divorce party and they will be well boozed-up in advance. Serjestions please.
                                                                                                                  Didn't realise that this was a thing, can understand it's existance in certain circumstances though. Divorce parties commonplace, haven't heard of one here before?
                                                                                                                  Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 11-11-14, 21:56.

Comment

Love Hate
                                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                                    As a fan of Love/Hate I think this season failed overall. With that being said to do what they are doing on the low budget and time constraints i read at their disposal the final product is punching way above their weight and immense credit must be given for that. This season was more unremarkable than failed because it passed so far as I was kept engrossed enough and not tempted to open the laptop which is all you can ask for. But really the whole series was just an extended ‘Get Nidge’. There was no levity or not as much as previous seasons and no significant side stories to run alongside the main theme other than the ‘get Nidge’ circus.

Siobhan should be shitting coming out of the house and not all empowered in facing down Nidge like she has the world on her side. Her acting was weak in many places none more so as when she was drunk/drugged up. Not as weak as Pauley who just couldn’t sell it at all. ‘’I'll hunt him for sport’’. Yeah right chaaaapppp you were the one that was the hunted not an hour ago you amateur.

6 episodes is too short for a series like this and the whole Tommy thing helps demonstrates this. Just nothing all season and they made noises occasionally that he might be a factor at some stage. Im sure the Tommy character was a cause for concern to writers and they eventually decided to keep him canned.
                                                                                                                    Think it was high time for Nidge to show his teeth at the very end and reign down a barrage on Siobhan after that talking down and without being concerned telling the kid to get in the house. But 'the workers' probably wouldn’t stand for it and showing a beat down like that would be deemed more risky than the pool cue rape and would certainly created a lot of uproar.

But I think it was important to see the darker side of Nidge in that showdown scene and shouting angrily really didnt seem enough for the caliber of criminal Nidge is meant to be. Over the seasons he has grown to be a likable rogue to the viewer and a character we cared about and rooted for a bit too much. That was sugar coating the image of a gangster similar to Brendan Gleesons in 'The General'. We needed to see some primal brutality come out in the driveway after the lackery Siobhan shovelled to make us wince at the character many viewers have come to like to challenge our comfortable stance we have with him at this stage. The timely interruption of the beat down could have been broken with Patrick making his gun toting entrance rather than just the chase an oh no looks like Nidge is going down here.

Another way that 6 episodes is too short is that whatever scant minor sub plots there were they were only half carried through like the haulage driver and Nadine, Aidos simmering resentment of Nidge came to nothing and Elmos were all stymied before getting into full flow. Frans single handed effort since springing from hospital to get Nidge was a joke altogether. Noellie stole the show, one of those who just needs to be himself he doesnt even need to act.

Think the travellers should never have been such a factor. Patrick to be gunned down early to show Nidge is back on the board and kicking up ahead of steam. By the way the whole travellers on the cutting edge of technology with their trackers etc was almost laughable. Patricks 2 meet ups with his son after school were a waste of time, id have preferred Nidge taking a visit to a palm reader to fill that time.

Instead everyone and his dog was in the ascendency except the hunted nidge. It needed way more internal squabbling and jockeying for position in the taking over of Nidges mantle more than any outside concerns. Aidos resentment of Nidge needed to be built on with at least one other possible betrayal scenario from inside. In a similar way you could see happening with John boy and Darren. Nidge was at his lifetime weakest pretty much throughout this season yet everyone was dutifully still answering Nidges call with no hint of betrayal from within except Aido because of the brothers blinding but that faded and they made scant use of Aido who is one of the best actors in the show but continually gets under used.

Instead of internal factors and fear of betrayal Nidge was running scared from external factors more than anything and the whole Terrance big balls and trips to Spain helped weaken the whole thing rather than add to it. For not being able to see through Siobhan with the tears in the pub just helped weaken his image. He's meant to be big league and lets Siobhan cry her way out of it. Waste of time.
                                                                                                                    Thats was just mainly the bad stuff which was overall outweighed by the good stuff and still a very good watch but fell short of what it needed to be for me.
                                                                                                                    tldr good but should have been better

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                                      Didn't realise that this was a thing, can understand it's existance in certain circumstances though. Divorce parties commonplace, haven't heard of one here before?
                                                                                                                      This one is somewhat special. The guy getting divorced wasn't married this time last year.

Comment

...

Comment

Luigi Malones and get the ribs. Bison is a disappointment.
                                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X