This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
    what do people think about the Balotelli 'racist post' allegation? Political correctness gone mad or something that is too far past the line?

Apology here:

SPOILER
    at least he is trying to emulate Suarez in some way. I'ts not an overnight process
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Some top advice there from V.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        Anyone been following this "Serial" podcast?

People from This American Life are involved, and it's delving into a murder case from 1999 where the ex-boyfriend of a girl was convicted of doing her in with tenuous evidence and has been in jail since.

There are interviews with the guy in jail, recordings of police interviews etc. Pretty interesting and very well put together as you would expect.
        The presenter is annoying and is weirdly into the guy.
        The guy did it. Russell Brand is a knob. Yes, the timelines are off.
        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 03-12-14, 14:01.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
          Ah SatNav stop wallowing in it. It was office politics and you got fucked. Super standard stuff. It happens at every level and you need to get better at playing the game. You left yourself exposed (not all your fault as most of it was unavoidable due to you only finding your way) and she saw an opportunity to further her personal agenda and she pounced.

It doesn't reflect on you as a person or a hard working employee and when asked about it in the future I'd simply answer the question by being positive about the role and the company and just say that a new manager came in and she wanted to give someone else your role and that your face didn't fit.
          Just say you can't do a sales/business promotion job if you're not wanted by your manager and that you therefore moved on. End of story. Future employers will understand immediately.

The best thing you can do is have a great Christmas break, laugh about what happened and get stuck in looking for the next thing in mid January. The reality is that with the appointment of a new manager the lovely job that you enjoyed so much was gone whether you were working there or not. You certainly don't want to be going back there so emailing the owner is crazy.

The nice couple of months you had there are over and the girls left behind will be dealing with fallout from the new manager for as long as they remain there or she's working there. Who cares now.

It's always tricky starting a new job (especially in sales/business development), there is always office politics, other people's agendas, competition with fellow employees from the word go.....It's the nature of the gig and you can't let it upset you or throw you. If people aren't out to do you down or seeing you as a threat you're doing something wrong imo. The one thing certain in life is that it's not about how hard you work or how committed you are to the business that gets you ahead. Nice to have qualities for sure but way down the list for getting and staying ahead...

As for the three weeks holidays in 2015. Irrelevant and just an excuse for wallowing imo. If I'm hiring an outgoing and bubbly salesperson I expect them to take holidays to keep themselves fresh and from burning out.
          Sobbering if somewhat depressing post (for me), don't understand the game yet, or like it or the point in it really. Are bosses happy with this focus?

Open question to all here: What did msn do to leave herself open? I either forget or didn't notice.

Comment

Strewelpeter has just been fecked down the well.

Comment

Not sure on the next instalment. They took a break for Thanksgiving so whenever that was on is a week off.

I spent the first episode or two unsure if it was real or not, but it is alright. There's a massive reddit cult after springing up doing their usual amateur sleuthing thing which has actually led to some pretty weighty moral considerations arising in terms of whether someone like Jay deserves to have the attention of so many people foisted upon him basically speculating 15 years on as to whether or not he's guilty of a murderhe's never even been accused of by authorities etc.

Have you listened to all of it so far? Guilty/not guilty leans?
              Yeah I'd agree. I'd say he probably did it alright but the fact that he was convicted is lol.

He seems on the verge of tripping himself up in the phone interviews and then goes completely silent mid-sentence a lot.

A bit here from ep 6:

SPOILER

If my poker playing skills were ever worth anything (admittedly they weren't) I'd bet dollars to donuts that he was half way through saying "sure I was the same guy when I did it FFS!" and just shuts up mid sentence when he realises what he's about to say.

His attempt to finish the sentence after is very awkward.
              Yeah, right guy but obv case against him wasn't great and the timeline of the actual murder is a mess. But at the end of the day. This was all that mattered to the BPD

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                what do people think about the Balotelli 'racist post' allegation? Political correctness gone mad or something that is too far past the line?

Apology here:

SPOILER
                Loved this comment from the guardian:
                'Can't we just all collectively shrug and decide not to give a fuck?
                It could be the start of something wonderful.'
                Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                  Sobbering if somewhat depressing post (for me), don't understand the game yet, or like it or the point in it really. Are bosses happy with this focus?

Open question to all here: What did msn do to leave herself open? I either forget or didn't notice.
                  She didn't have the targets adjusted enough to allow her to learn and grow on the job.

Not a problem if you have a reasonable boss but if someone wanted to fuck her over they could take an uncharitable view and spin a story that she wasn't doing the business which is what happened. I'm sure there was other bitchy shite in the background but that was the crucial error in the hiring stage.

We're all thrilled when we get offered a better shiny new job and as a result it's easy to overlook the targets that are being set for you when you don't even know the business and its prospects yet.

It's a mistake you make only once....

P.S.
                  As for your other point about my commentary being sobering etc. That's up to you I guess. Some people get bored if there isn't a challenge and an opportunity, others like routine and a quiet job to do well and just be paid a few bob and get on with it. It takes all sorts but if you want to be in the sales/business development side of a business be prepared for a few bruises but also demand greater rewards for the career risks that entails for you.

I'm an easily bored type, so is GAB and SatNav and quite a few others around here - but it's a road with setbacks and roadblocks and u-turns that need to be navigated but it beats the hell out of a quiet long stretch of blandness for me. If I had kids, a huge mortgage and my back to the wall I may be singing a different tune but it's all about where you're at.
                  Last edited by V for Vendetta; 03-12-14, 14:55.
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    Some top advice there from V.
                    I'm available for Paleo/Lifestyle/Dress/Career/Holistic Financial Planning/Corporate Pensions consulting and coaching. €300 per hour plus VAT. Mates rates available.
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I'm available for Paleo/Lifestyle/Dress/Career/Holistic Financial Planning/Corporate Pensions consulting and coaching. €300 per hour plus VAT. Mates rates available.
                      Sign me up for the holistic financial planning!

Comment

I do Homeopathic financial planning.
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                          Sign me up for the holistic financial planning!
                          I'll give you the first hour free and we can go from there....

Comment

Why do those weather forecast posts on boards get such volumes of thanks? Are they like super-secret true weather forecasts and the ones we get elsewhere are put out by the lizard people to keep us in Starbucks out of the cold or something?

Comment

Why do those weather forecast posts on boards get such volumes of thanks? Are they like super-secret true weather forecasts and the ones we get elsewhere are put out by the lizard people to keep us in Starbucks out of the cold or something?
                              If I want a weather report I read MT Cranium. Fuck Met Eirrean.
                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

it's just one guy who does them. He's pretty phenomenal tbf. He lives in vancouver or somewhere around there and does the weather forecast for ireland every single day (bar holidays here and there) and at roughly 7am (our time). can't help but think he must be pretty sad irl, but a true legend of the boards. He deserves thanks every time you look at that thread.

Comment

Some people get bored if there isn't a challenge and an opportunity
                                  On that note we're hiring traders atm if anyone is interested (although I don't think this site really hits the demographic that would be interested anymore).

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    On that note we're hiring traders atm if anyone is interested (although I don't think this site really hits the demographic that would be interested anymore).
                                    Geneva?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                      If I want a weather report I read MT Cranium. Fuck Met Eirrean.
                                      Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                      it's just one guy who does them. He's pretty phenomenal tbf. He lives in vancouver or somewhere around there and does the weather forecast for ireland every single day (bar holidays here and there) and at roughly 7am (our time). can't help but think he must be pretty sad irl, but a true legend of the boards. He deserves thanks every time you look at that thread.
                                      Yeah but that's what I'm asking, why? Does he forecast to a level hitherto unseen in meteorological circles? I presume you would know whether you need an umbrella or not from Met Eireann.

Comment

Yeah but that's what I'm asking, why? Does he forecast to a level hitherto unseen in meteorological circles? I presume you would know whether you need an umbrella or not from Met Eireann.
                                        really simply put, there are 3 prediction models for Ireland. One with a heavier weighting for southerly winds, one westerly and one easterly (all obviously bringing different weather conditions). Met Eireann always uses the same one the lazy cunts so are not reliable. MT, blends all 3 and explores and explains which one he sees as the dominant force for the coming days, so predicts the usually correct trend. He IS very good.

Comment

The Boards weather picks stuff up weeks in advance, i would be confidant in his cold snap/heavy snow predictions for the middle of the month and will prepare accordingly and wont be shocked like people who only get the weather from RTE.

What i have noticed with M.E. is any of these "orange" alerts are all very Dubland specific, we could have 100mm of rain here on the western seaboard and not a mention of it, if the wind shifts westerly and its going to rain in leinster its an orange alert.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

To help counter the perceived lack of quality content recently I am very excited to present the triumphant return of "Where was TylerDurden".

In this festive edition Danny was spotted at 3pm today in the Ilac Centre, in a newsagent outlet at the Parnell Street wing.

Where will Danny be spotted in 2015? As ever, stay tuned folks.

Comment

We do need the C-Kid's year end best of lists to make a comeback.

Comment

Icarus has requested that everyone tell their favourite story about him.

Mine is the one about how he looks like a cross between the small lad in GOT and John Bishop. And the pic of him in BK wearing a crown.

She didn't have the targets adjusted enough to allow her to learn and grow on the job.

Not a problem if you have a reasonable boss but if someone wanted to fuck her over they could take an uncharitable view and spin a story that she wasn't doing the business which is what happened. I'm sure there was other bitchy shite in the background but that was the crucial error in the hiring stage.

We're all thrilled when we get offered a better shiny new job and as a result it's easy to overlook the targets that are being set for you when you don't even know the business and its prospects yet.

It's a mistake you make only once....

P.S.
                                                As for your other point about my commentary being sobering etc. That's up to you I guess. Some people get bored if there isn't a challenge and an opportunity, others like routine and a quiet job to do well and just be paid a few bob and get on with it. It takes all sorts but if you want to be in the sales/business development side of a business be prepared for a few bruises but also demand greater rewards for the career risks that entails for you.

I'm an easily bored type, so is GAB and SatNav and quite a few others around here - but it's a road with setbacks and roadblocks and u-turns that need to be navigated but it beats the hell out of a quiet long stretch of blandness for me. If I had kids, a huge mortgage and my back to the wall I may be singing a different tune but it's all about where you're at.

Ta.

I'd rather look out the window.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                To help counter the perceived lack of quality content recently I am very excited to present the triumphant return of "Where was TylerDurden".

In this festive edition Danny was spotted at 3pm today in the Ilac Centre, in a newsagent outlet at the Parnell Street wing.

Pics required to confirm.
                                                By the way, I believe my special christmas present has arrived at the lady's house, a week or so ago. Looking forward to getting it.

Comment

Off to the Irish laboratory awards dinner now. Fingers crossed for taking the trophy home (well one of them anyway)!
                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

+1

Comment

Should also be looking into 2015 prop bets atm. Really need Hitch for that though.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        Should also be looking into 2015 prop bets atm. Really need Hitch for that though.
                                                        Laying the bollix out of Hilary obv.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

Luckforsome, any questions about Canada fire away, although Calgary would be what I know more about.
                                                          ...You may regret this comment btw...Not so much about Canada, but a question about the visa terms if possible...If I am in Canada, is there a limit on how many times I am allowed leave the country while on my Visa?...I plan to come home once for a wedding, but will need to go to Florida once and possibly Spain as well...I have read that some insurance terms only allow a small amount of traveling, but would you know if the Visa precludes you from going on several holidays?...
                                                          Last edited by luckforsome; 03-12-14, 19:39. Reason: ..Wrong There...

Comment

Thanks Ole re: Fleetwood.
                                                            On that note, if any 02/Three customers have any pre-order codes for the Fleetwood gig, would be much appreciated.

Had one last time but it's a lotto. Mdoug kindly messaged me earlier with his.
                                                            Will be a hero if I manage to get tickets for the lady and also her folks.

Have been considering the same, though maybe not the full bollix but a bit of bollix anyhow.
                                                            Recently have considered backing a bit of the bollix out of her till she becomes the democratic nom.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                              ...You may regret this comment btw...Not so much about Canada, but a question about the visa terms if possible...If I am in Canada, is their a limit on how many times I am allowed leave the country while on my Visa?...I plan to come home once for a wedding, but will need to go to Florida once and possibly Spain as well...I have read that some insurance terms only allow a small amount of traveling, but would you know if the Visa precludes you from going on several holidays?...
                                                              I know you asked Charlie but I'm around so I'll give it a shot.

If you visa is the IEC visa then:

No limit of re-entry.

I didn't get any insurance at all and wasn't asked at border. I have heard of people being asked to provide proof though.

Visa definitely doesn't preclude you from going on holidays, as many as you wish.
                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

No limit of re-entry.

I didn't get any insurance at all and wasn't asked at border. I have heard of people being asked to provide proof though.

Visa definitely doesn't preclude you from going on holidays, as many as you wish.
                                                                ...Fucking brilliant!!!...Thank you Theresa...It actually changes everything for the better, and I've spent last 3 hours looking for information on it...Step up to the plate Charlie, Theresa is the front runner for this €10 pennies voucher ...

Comment

Recently have considered backing a bit of the bollix out of her till she becomes the democratic nom.
                                                                  You would want a GAB-sized roll to make that pay

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Buying many scratch cards for a friends birthday this weekend $$$$$
                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

No limit of re-entry.

Is there issues from a tax pov for Canada? The is limit on the travelling for me for tax compliance, doesn't impact visa obv.
                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                        ...You may regret this comment btw...Not so much about Canada, but a question about the visa terms if possible...If I am in Canada, is there a limit on how many times I am allowed leave the country while on my Visa?...I plan to come home once for a wedding, but will need to go to Florida once and possibly Spain as well...I have read that some insurance terms only allow a small amount of traveling, but would you know if the Visa precludes you from going on several holidays?...
                                                                        As Theresa said, no limits etc just remember to bring your permit with you when leaving obviously.

I'm not sure on the insurance. I don't remember any travel restrictions, wouldn't of stopped me going on trips if there was so I wouldn't worry about it.

Never got asked about insurance at the airport but on my second one year permit when I was flag poling I got asked for proof of insurance, had one with me just in case but just cancelled once I got my new permit. So you could get insurance and just cancel it once you arrive, you'll never get asked about it entering or leaving the country, only a slim chance they'll ask on first entry.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                          Is there issues from a tax pov for Canada? The is limit on the travelling for me for tax compliance, doesn't impact visa obv.
                                                                          I've never heard of anything, are you talking about leaving for months at a time?

Comment

I've never heard of anything, are you talking about leaving for months at a time?
                                                                            Yeah. Obv it only apply if you are working full time and paying tax. I was thinking of the tax residence rules.
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                              Depends what aspect you are asking from? If its a tax residency perspective, then no, not really, a home, job, bank account etc etc in Canada, anything that ties you residentially to country usually will get you declared as a tax resident. Iron clad is spending 183 days in the country a year.
                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Didier is a fucking legend
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Depends what aspect you are asking from? If its a tax residency perspective, then no, not really, a home, job, bank account etc etc in Canada, anything that ties you residentially to country usually will get you declared as a tax resident. Iron clad is spending 183 days in the country a year.
                                                                                  From seeing your posts before, you were in Vancouver?
                                                                                  What made you give it up for Calgary?

Comment

Not 100% sure that Hilary having a bollix is a lay. And I'm not talking about her other half.

Comment

Danny Wellbeck has been top notch for Arsenal since joining them - discuss.
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                        From a united fans view. Yes he has played better for Arsenal because they are playing him in position. I don't think he played more than a handful of games for United up top. But as we saw in the United Arsenal game, he is still inconsistent performance wise, always was. But I'll always love the guy and really hope he does very well at Arsenal. Was gutted to see him go.

Comment

From seeing your posts before, you were in Vancouver?
                                                                                          What made you give it up for Calgary?
                                                                                          Nah I was just roadtripping to Vanc from Calg. I hadn't planned to be in either but sometimes life throws you a curveball. Here now for a while, not particularly fond of the city but it'll do for 12-18 months.

Comment

Danny Wellbeck was always a clever footballer and anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand football. His finishing and tendency to panic in finishing situations was, and still kind of is, his major issue. In terms of intelligence of play (ability to make support/diversion runs, his touch and passing) though he has been way above average for a while, even on the left wing.

I actually think the Arsenal move will be good for him. Wenger has a way with these type of players.

Comment

Thanks Ole re: Fleetwood.
                                                                                              On that note, if any 02/Three customers have any pre-order codes for the Fleetwood gig, would be much appreciated.

Had one last time but it's a lotto. Mdoug kindly messaged me earlier with his.
                                                                                              Will be a hero if I manage to get tickets for the lady and also her folks.

Have been considering the same, though maybe not the full bollix but a bit of bollix anyhow.
                                                                                              I've just registered for the three pre sale code thing. Once I get a code for fleetwood mac I'll send it on to you.

Comment

BBV ^

Comment

Nah I was just roadtripping to Vanc from Calg. I hadn't planned to be in either but sometimes life throws you a curveball. Here now for a while, not particularly fond of the city but it'll do for 12-18 months.
                                                                                                  I've only made that road trip once, think I'd fly in future, although flying within Canada is crazily priced. Knew nothing about this place before I came out here, Calgary is alright but it wouldn't of been on my places to live list, been here 3 1/2 years so starting to wear thin especially with the winter (had no heating upstairs in my apartment the last 5/6 days, getting dressed to go to bed and waking up freezing is an experience!).

Comment

This is easy to work out. You just to need to divide his number of games by goals scored and then add assists and subtract missed sitters.

So 10.5/3+2-14= pacey Samaras

Comment

I've only made that road trip once, think I'd fly in future, although flying within Canada is crazily priced. Knew nothing about this place before I came out here, Calgary is alright but it wouldn't of been on my places to live list, been here 3 1/2 years so starting to wear thin especially with the winter (had no heating upstairs in my apartment the last 5/6 days, getting dressed to go to bed and waking up freezing is an experience!).
                                                                                                      Yeah I can imagine, where are you living? I'm being warned the cold is only going to get worse before it gets better. I have it handy enough in that my house is 2 mins walk to C-train and then +15 to my office.

I agree about not having it on my places to live, no way, no how.

Comment

Jaysus Paul Kimmage really has a hard on for drugs in rugby. Bit weird because there was so much evidence about cycling and from a brief glance at the ones on rugby, all he has is a view from some French International from a couple of decades ago that the size of today's rugby players isn't normal.

I'm sure there are some players on PEDs in Irish rugby but can't see it being team led or as professional as the setup in cycling was.

Comment

BBV ^
                                                                                                          2 codes sent to you by PM. Good luck with it.

Comment

Yeah I can imagine, where are you living? I'm being warned the cold is only going to get worse before it gets better. I have it handy enough in that my house is 2 mins walk to C-train and then +15 to my office.

I agree about not having it on my places to live, no way, no how.
                                                                                                            I'm in Sunalta and walk to Kensington for work (15/20 minutes). You?
                                                                                                            The +15 is handy to have downtown. Weather is meant to pick up next week (+ degrees!). Everyone in Calgary always says it'll get worse, it'll be the worst winter ever etc. It's always up and down, last year was pretty brutal for a week or two -35/40 with windchill.

How long have you been here? I assume you've met more Irish, the place is crawling with them! My indoor team team (mostly Irish) have played two other teams that also seemed to be full of Irish lads.
                                                                                                            I can now spot Irish people walking down the street, Canadian's etc think it's weird I can tell Irish apart from other white people.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                                                                                              Jaysus Paul Kimmage really has a hard on for drugs in rugby. Bit weird because there was so much evidence about cycling and from a brief glance at the ones on rugby, all he has is a view from some French International from a couple of decades ago that the size of today's rugby players isn't normal.

I'm sure there are some players on PEDs in Irish rugby but can't see it being team led or as professional as the setup in cycling was.
                                                                                                              I wouldn't be so naive, every sport/competition where money/glory/fame are up for grabs I'd believe illegal use will be widespread as a small increase in performance can turn you from run of the mill pro to above your peers and on to all that glorious money/fame.

Obviously talent/hard work etc gets you to the big game but to stay there you will probably need something else.

Comment

I'm in Sunalta and walk to Kensington for work (15/20 minutes). You?
                                                                                                                The +15 is handy to have downtown. Weather is meant to pick up next week (+ degrees!). Everyone in Calgary always says it'll get worse, it'll be the worst winter ever etc. It's always up and down, last year was pretty brutal for a week or two -35/40 with windchill.

How long have you been here? I assume you've met more Irish, the place is crawling with them! My indoor team team (mostly Irish) have played two other teams that also seemed to be full of Irish lads.
                                                                                                                I can now spot Irish people walking down the street, Canadian's etc think it's weird I can tell Irish apart from other white people.
                                                                                                                I'm out in Somerset. Living with my Canadian buddy, he just bought a house out there so cheap as chips rent and work pay my transit.

Here about 4 months now. I was looking for an indoor team, no luck. If any spots open on your team or if you need subs will you give me a shout? Honestly though, I haven't met that many other Irish at all. All of my mates are Canadian so I tend to hang out with them and their Canadian friends. Thinking now, I've not actually had a single conversation with any other Irish person since I got here. That's mad Ted.

Also, completely agree about 'Spot the Irish'. Well accustomed to it from times in Asia and Aus and we do have a rather.... eh....unique look.

Comment

I wouldn't be so naive, every sport/competition where money/glory/fame are up for grabs I'd believe illegal use will be widespread as a small increase in performance can turn you from run of the mill pro to above your peers and on to all that glorious money/fame.

Obviously talent/hard work etc gets you to the big game but to stay there you will probably need something else.
                                                                                                                  I think there's definitely some players taking it (likely even Irish Internationals) and I imagine provinces/clubs/international setups exploit fully every gap in the law eg. some new items not on the banned substances list are probably used.

Kimmage uses the word supplements alot in the pieces but supplements are legal so it's a totally different ball game to the EPO, etc that was/is ongoing in cycling.

Basically what I think is happening is that provinces,etc stretch the law fully and will provide legal supplements which have the same impact as banned ones if they can but unlike cycling I think Rugby teams stay on the right side of the law - just. Of course that is not saying individual players do.

Comment

I'm out in Somerset. Living with my Canadian buddy, he just bought a house out there so cheap as chips rent and work pay my transit.

Here about 4 months now. I was looking for an indoor team, no luck. If any spots open on your team or if you need subs will you give me a shout? Honestly though, I haven't met that many other Irish at all. All of my mates are Canadian so I tend to hang out with them and their Canadian friends. Thinking now, I've not actually had a single conversation with any other Irish person since I got here. That's mad Ted.

Also, completely agree about 'Spot the Irish'. Well accustomed to it from times in Asia and Aus and we do have a rather.... eh....unique look.
                                                                                                                    We're kind of full with players at the moment but I'll definitely give you a shout if we have any people drop out/get injured etc or even next winter if you're still in Calgary

I try as a much as possible to meet new people and hang out with my non Irish friends. But I knew two Irish lads here before I came here and they knew another 4/5 from college and then another 3/4 of my close friends came here a few years after me, throw in other friend's friends or friends of friends I know about 20! Fuck sake that's a lot now that I've thought about them all. All guys except one Irish girl. Need to widen that circle sharpish!

Yeah we definitely have a look and that's before you see any of the GAA jerseys!

Comment

easiest way to get from Heuston Station to the AUL Complex near the airport?
                                                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                                                                                                        I think there's definitely some players taking it (likely even Irish Internationals) and I imagine provinces/clubs/international setups exploit fully every gap in the law eg. some new items not on the banned substances list are probably used.

Kimmage uses the word supplements alot in the pieces but supplements are legal so it's a totally different ball game to the EPO, etc that was/is ongoing in cycling.

Basically what I think is happening is that provinces,etc stretch the law fully and will provide legal supplements which have the same impact as banned ones if they can but unlike cycling I think Rugby teams stay on the right side of the law - just. Of course that is not saying individual players do.
                                                                                                                        I'm firmly in the camp of at least 50% (random figure out of the air) of pro athletes at the top of their sport are on illegal performance enhancers. No facts to back that up at all but sports and their non testing just throws up flags to me.

NFL/Football/Tennis/Rugby/Athletics etc

The 100m makes me laugh - Bolt/Gay/Blake/Powell/Gatlin, the five fastest men ever, four have been popped for illegal doping, who hasn't?

The guy at the top, the quickest, the one the other guys can't get near, the face of athletics etc - he pops and it's a huge story, something Athletics doesn't want so he won't.

Comment

We're kind of full with players at the moment but I'll definitely give you a shout if we have any people drop out/get injured etc or even next winter if you're still in Calgary

I try as a much as possible to meet new people and hang out with my non Irish friends. But I knew two Irish lads here before I came here and they knew another 4/5 from college and then another 3/4 of my close friends came here a few years after me, throw in other friend's friends or friends of friends I know about 20! Fuck sake that's a lot now that I've thought about them all. All guys except one Irish girl. Need to widen that circle sharpish!

Yeah we definitely have a look and that's before you see any of the GAA jerseys!
                                                                                                                          You should come for a few scoops with me and the Canadian bunch at some stage? Be good to have someone with an Irish sense of humour about besides myself.

You can join in my crusade against the fact that they can only ever understand one definition for anything. Canadians don't do synonyms. If it isn't the word they are used to using to describe something... that blank, yet polite, stare descends.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X