This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
    Never did comment on Amsterdam in here and seems people are looking for more content.

Arrived after what seems like ages and went for a meal in a shity "Irish" pub in the Leidseplein. Got bitterballen which are like a croquet filled with a beef puree, I think, it was manky. Headed up the RLD and found a coffeeshop called Basjoe. Fairly modern looking and played loud house music so we thought why not. I of course ordered the strongest thing behind the bar which was a huge mistake. We sat at the back on a large leather sofa area and well after about half a J I was gone. Place filled up soon and a huge black guy with dreads down past his waist joined our table. He didn't say anything but smoked tons.

We got bad vibes then and left the place. In reality though the weed was just hitting hard. Walking outside I got crazy paranoid that everyone was laughing at me . Went back to shity Irish pub (people I was with decision) but after 20 minutes of sitting on a stool not really talking or doing anything I left to go back to bed and sleep it off. Soon as i got in to the safety of the hotel I calmed down and was good. Got the best nights sleep ever.

Always really weird going to an Irish pub in a foreign country ran by non Irish. It's like its right for the most parts but then you hear blur been played while eating bitterballen. Feels like a parallel universe.

Rest of the time there was great though. Found a delightful coffeeshop called The Otherside ran by a Gay couple who played nothing but Simply Red, Elton John, etc. Made the best hot chocolate.

Anyways on the JobBridge scheme now. The system works!!!
    Ah jaysus should have had a frikandellen dirty sausage in bread and onions made from horse tasty though.
    Saw so many lads march into a coffee shop give me the strongest joint ya got and turna whitey in 3 minutes.
    Was a irish pub durty nellys slap bang in middle of red light.
    What are ya doing with jobbridge?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Was it you that previously said you know normal functioning people with weekend heroin habits?
      There was a doc on Channel 4 years back that indicated a few senior British public figures may have had a heroin / opium addiction and were able to function without issue. The problem isn't heroin itself so long as it's 'pure', it's that it is cut up with lots of shit and the context within which one turns to it is normally pretty grim to begin with.
      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
        Ah jaysus should have had a frikandellen dirty sausage in bread and onions made from horse tasty though.
        Saw so many lads march into a coffee shop give me the strongest joint ya got and turna whitey in 3 minutes.
        Was a irish pub durty nellys slap bang in middle of red light.
        What are ya doing with jobbridge?
        That horse sausage thing sounds great. Got a heap load of Stroopwafels so all was good. lol I thought with smoking the stuff here I could handle what they had but nope. Went to mids after that and was grand. No idea, that "Irish" place was in the Leidseplein, the others in the group wanted to see the RDL so we didn't stay there for long.

Still the Barber thing but now I'm getting paid more and it's official.

Comment

Just catching up on BBV after a few days.

Hate to read predictions of the death/decline of IPB, although maybe the maxim 'all good things ..' has some truth.

I can see how the decline of poker would effect traffic/contributions, but its hard to put site decline in context in the same year as tens of thousands were raised on-site to follow the Scoop6 thing.

I wonder if there would be any use in putting up a specific thread for people to post ideas on 'saving' IPB or how it could go from here??

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            Was it you that previously said you know normal functioning people with weekend heroin habits?
            I probably said that it was a thing, but no, I don't now nor have I ever known people personally who did this...that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
              IPTV is the absolute nuts for live streaming I've found
              I've since managed to get into the site after requesting a password reset, tired that IPTV on the Kodi build but it doesn't work will downgrade to Gotham and see what it's all about.
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Exciting times for Connacht with Aki Henshaw in centers Mils fb an excellent scrum half pray for a good 10 from somewhere.
                Carty will improve as the season goes on I think. His goalkicking was reasonably good the last evening and he showed character not to let terrible early mistake ruin him.To be fair to the guy, he's only 22 and this is his first season starting. Though I do agree it would be preferable if we had a better option available now.

JJ Hanrahan needs to give serious consideration to coming west imo. He could be first choice at Connacht for the next two years (hopefully with us in the Champions cup) or be second choice at Munster with the occasional appearance at 12/15 when injuries occur. Foley seems set on Keatley as first choice and to be fair to him, Keatley is a better 10 right now but Hanrahan's ceiling is much higher. He'll reach his potential far quicker playing week in week out. Hanrahan out of contract at the end of the season and noticeable that he wasn't amongst the four who signed extensions today.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                  If worst comes to worst and you still can't get an invoice off him, just forge an invoice from him/his company. That way it's win-win.
                  Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Jaysus, don't do this anyway!

Dont forge an invoice but you can create your own reciept for what you've paid him. If you get audited you will have to explain the situation which will obviously lead to him having to explain himself.
                  twitter
                  moneybookers

Comment

Sporting analogies from managers really should be banned in the workplace. I'm always tempted to retaliate by using padraig Harrington as an example of how over analysis and meddling can ruin a good thing but I do mostly like my job

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                      I've since managed to get into the site after requesting a password reset, tired that IPTV on the Kodi build but it doesn't work will downgrade to Gotham and see what it's all about.
                      Did you ever get around to watching Rick and Morty by the way?

Comment

Picked up a pair of AKG K452 headphones on amazon black friday deals.
                        Wow! I always thought there was nothing but audiophile wankerness to it but these are amazing
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I like my JackD calendar, it gets a bit of attention at my desk, only back in HHS office today and funded the month to December looking forward to reading the little anecdotal reminiscence of the narrator, but way back in 1866 I bet old Mr. Jack never said "happy holidays"......just say Christmas ffs.

image.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                            Did you ever get around to watching Rick and Morty by the way?
                            I've seen about 4 or 5 and just forgot about the rest, will get to them though.
                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                              I've seen about 4 or 5 and just forgot about the rest, will get to them though.
                              Here's the season 2 preview for when you finish.

Comment

What matchs are on TV tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                  What matchs are on TV tonight?
                                  Liverpool on bt
                                  airport, lol

Comment

would anyone have an iphone 4s box ? Chanel bought a second hand phone for the fella but really needs a box to make it presentable .

please
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Got a new car last week - by new I mean ten years old but anyway. Old car was a silver nissan almera saloon, new one is a dark grey ford focus hatchback.
                                      Had to go down the town today at lunch and do a few things. Parked in one of the parking spots along the side of the street. Ran around to bank, shop, post office and went to get into a silver saloon car of some sort that was parked just behind mine. Tried the door(I rarely lock my car) and then just as I was going for my keys to unlock it realised ...oh yeah i have a different car now.
                                      Guy who actually owned the car was crossing the road at this time no doubt wondering wtf was I doing. "Are you ok there" he says. "Yeah sorry" says I. "Thought it was my car" I say embarrassed, I then proceed to get into a car that looks nothing like his and drive away.

Comment

Any decent link for United game?

Comment

Amazon's new robots.

Kiva Systems founder and CEO Mick Mountz narrates a play-by-play video of how Kiva robots automate a warehouse environment.Complete video available for free ...

Comment

It's almost funny how bad Liverpool are now.

Comment

Looking for decent wireless headphones. Jack point banjaxed.
                                              Price limit £75
                                              Want ones which cover whole of ears.

Have googled a bit but 1st hand knowledge is best

TY

Comment

Wow! I always thought there was nothing but audiophile wankerness to it but these are amazing
                                                Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                Price limit £75

TY
                                                ehem

Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                  would anyone have an iphone 4s box ? Chanel bought a second hand phone for the fella but really needs a box to make it presentable .

please
                                                  If you can't find one then the alternative is to find a box for a really awful gift (box set of DVDs on the History of Laois, the box for a set of saucepans etc) and put the phone inside it instead. Disguises the lack of having the original box the phone came in and added extra of holding it over him for doing a bad job of feigning happiness when he thinks he's got a shit gift.
                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                    If you can't find one then the alternative is to find a box for a really awful gift (box set of DVDs on the History of Laois, the box for a set of saucepans etc) and put the phone inside it instead. Disguises the lack of having the original box the phone came in and added extra of holding it over him for doing a bad job of feigning happiness when he thinks he's got a shit gift.
                                                    good idea lol!
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                      Shocking stuff. I'd fancy any team (and I mean ANY) to beat them or at least score against them.

Course you know its cos
                                                      1) they are young and will come good
                                                      2) they haven't gelled yet
                                                      3) they need time to adjust to Premier league
                                                      4) Sturridge will make Mignolet, the entire defence and the midfield suddenly play better

The fact that all of Rodgers' signings are duds (yep I include Llalana in that) is immaterial. I'm bringing forward my prediction of Rodgers being gone by next xmas. Won't be in charge come next Aug.

Comment

good idea lol!
                                                        Fuck it cos I just threw out the empty box from the History of Laois boxset.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                          Fuck it cos I just threw out the empty box from the History of Laois boxset.
                                                          I have it. Decent episode when the buckos realised that Portlaoise wasn't, in fact, on the coast. Solid lol had all round and off to Supermacs for a feast.
                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

What's that coming out of one of the ears?
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                              What's that coming out of one of the ears?
                                                              couldnt make head nor tail out of your post, then I realised...............wireless. oops!
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                Yeah awful. Gerrard's past it.
                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                  Price limit £75

TY
                                                                  Wireless ones tend not to be over ear. I have a Logitech h600 which is grand. Nice and light and battery lasts a good while. Is forever unsyncing itself for no reason, though. Seems to be standard for wireless.
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Didn't really understand the fuss about headphones until I tried some of these and had to get a pair: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-I...dio+headphones

Amazing quality, better than beats and don't look so stupid
                                                                    sigpic
                                                                    www.d4events.com

Comment

please
                                                                      I have one of these gathering dust in the utility room. If you want it pm me where to send it to

Comment

How much did you pay ?
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Off to The Netherlands tomorrow with a rock band I am filming a documentary for. Was in Belgium & Netherlands last month for 4 dates when they were supporting an American band called Y&T (IonaPaul might remember them!).

This time they are supporting Status Quo who I saw quite a few times back in the day before they went too cheesy and commercial. Hopefully won't ruin my memories by seeing them this late in their careers, saw Meat Loaf a couple years back and he was dreadful and wish I never went.

Combining footage with the october 76 recording resulted in almost 15 minutes boogierock in the Apollo Glasgow. Not perfect cos it was a monstrous project. B...
                                                                          sigpic
                                                                          www.d4events.com

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                            Got a new car last week - by new I mean ten years old but anyway. Old car was a silver nissan almera saloon, new one is a dark grey ford focus hatchback.
                                                                            Had to go down the town today at lunch and do a few things. Parked in one of the parking spots along the side of the street. Ran around to bank, shop, post office and went to get into a silver saloon car of some sort that was parked just behind mine. Tried the door(I rarely lock my car) and then just as I was going for my keys to unlock it realised ...oh yeah i have a different car now.
                                                                            Guy who actually owned the car was crossing the road at this time no doubt wondering wtf was I doing. "Are you ok there" he says. "Yeah sorry" says I. "Thought it was my car" I say embarrassed, I then proceed to get into a car that looks nothing like his and drive away.
                                                                            A fellow in work the other morning asked me what i was driving, it was frosty, i was coming in in a warm defrosted car, he was heading home in a cold icy car, a ford megane i told him...fml.

I have been driving the megane for the last 2 1/2 years, a merc before that for 4 years, then a ford.
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                              Sterling massively overrated too

Comment

Originally posted by ferg View Post
                                                                                I have one of these gathering dust in the utility room. If you want it pm me where to send it to
                                                                                typical lol I spotted one in portlaoise on adverts for 12 quid and made an offer of 8 quid, he accepted. So I have to go with that as dont want to damage my feedback which is 100%

thanks a mil
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                  How much did you pay ?
                                                                                  22 queens monies
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone seen this?

Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

please
                                                                                      ...there's a few on adverts.ie for about a tenner if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Blip View Post
                                                                                        ...there's a few on adverts.ie for about a tenner if that helps.
                                                                                        got one for 8 e here in town.
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Homeland

Massive comeback
                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...Another cricket related death...
                                                                                            A cricket umpire has died in Israel after being struck by a ball, just two days after the death of Australia batsman Phillip Hughes.

...I've always been surprised that their hasn't been more umpire related injuries, considering the fact they don't wear head gear...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                              Don't think he played bad tonight. He's past playing 90 Mims every week aswell as midweek but definitely still useful
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Anyone with stampycat fans, this is a must for xmas, I would say going to sell out extremely fast. Mia begged me could this be a gift from us for xmas , I said not a hope as I have bought her present already. However I obv just purchased

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHoUf1hiE2E

I really hope it arrives on time
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

22 queens monies
                                                                                                  Bargain.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                    ...Another cricket related death...
                                                                                                    A cricket umpire has died in Israel after being struck by a ball, just two days after the death of Australia batsman Phillip Hughes.

...I've always been surprised that their hasn't been more umpire related injuries, considering the fact they don't wear head gear...
                                                                                                    They're 22 yards from the ball, wtf would they want headgear for? This is a billion to one shot, literally.
                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                      A fellow in work the other morning asked me what i was driving, it was frosty, i was coming in in a warm defrosted car, he was heading home in a cold icy car, a ford megane i told him...fml.

I have been driving the megane for the last 2 1/2 years, a merc before that for 4 years, then a ford.

My almera used to do this weird thing. Whenever the passanger door was closed it would lock all the doors - made a cool sound duv-duv-duv-duv pretty loud. I used to love picking up hitchhikers and driving away, staring in front of me without saying a word or acknowledging them in any way for 5 or 10 seconds. The radio didn't work either so the total silence kind of added to the tension

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        They're 22 yards from the ball, wtf would they want headgear for? This is a billion to one shot, literally.
                                                                                                        Exactly the same distance a batsman is from the bowler.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                          2 years ago, one of the kids got a new HTC from Three. When it was delivered, i cut a hole in the bottom of the bag, took out the phone and replaced the HTC with some shitty panasonic yoke I had lying around. It was so funny watching him rip open the bag, then the box and seeing the look on his face when he found an old phone inside. It was so hard to keep a straight face when i was literally in tears laughing on the inside!

Comment

SatNav - you looking for a job still or taking a break from it for a while until the new year?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                              Jaysus, don't do this anyway!
                                                                                                              Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                                                              Dont forge an invoice but you can create your own reciept for what you've paid him. If you get audited you will have to explain the situation which will obviously lead to him having to explain himself.
                                                                                                              I wasn't serious in my post fwiw, but would a self-created receipt not be frowned upon/illegal? How would the receipt be worded or formatted (like it would hardly be "to: me, from: me, paid with thanks, signed me")?

Anyway, for a more serious response Finkel, tell him to give you the invoice or you'll burn his house down. I've found that the easiest approach when dealing with difficult people.
                                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

LOL, nice one Switchy

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Stocking filler ( for the horse-head elite)

A globe that rotates using magic (well solar power) and costs a small fortune. AMAZON LINKS: http://amzn.to/1HS2W7S (US) http://amzn.to/1HS30V8 (UK)More on T...
                                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                    SatNav - you looking for a job still or taking a break from it for a while until the new year?
                                                                                                                    My fears were correct first off, the cunt of a new manager started her buddy last week in my job. Pissed me off and reduced me to tears yet again this eve.

regards me looking for work , no not yet as I am going to Lanazrote in April and Tenerife in July. Think it would look stupid explaining all that to a new employer. My stamps kick in January 200 quid odd or whatever so i am going to avail of that till at least May.

I dont think I will ever get a job like that again so not fucking arsed right now tbh. still fucking annoyed. that news today just pissed me off even further. i am not one to hold grudges but I couldnt repeat the evil thoughts that went through my head today. Its so unlike me to be thinking that way of someone.

The Leinster Leader part of same paper are looking for reps and I cant even apply to that as my old contract says i cant, what an absolute bastard that woman is.
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

My fears were correct first off, the cunt of a new manager started her buddy last week in my job. Pissed me off and reduced me to tears yet again this eve.

regards me looking for work , no not yet as I am going to Lanazrote in April and Tenerife in July. Think it would look stupid explaining all that to a new employer. My stamps kick in January 200 quid odd or whatever so i am going to avail of that till at least May.

I dont think I will ever get a job like that again so not fucking arsed right now tbh. still fucking annoyed. that news today just pissed me off even further. i am not one to hold grudges but I couldnt repeat the evil thoughts that went through my head today. Its so unlike me to be thinking that way of someone.

The Leinster Leader part of same paper are looking for reps and I cant even apply to that as my old contract says i cant, what an absolute bastard that woman is.

You wouldn't look for work because of a holiday you've booked for eight months time,.really?

I'm not judging you btw, just think that's odd and curious to the logic behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                                        You wouldn't look for work because of a holiday you I've booked for eight months time,.really?
                                                                                                                        I would begin looking for work in Jan, not maybe start till Feb in an ideal situation and having to tell them I need one week off in April and then 2 weeks off in July would be embarrassing and unfair to them I think. where as If I start in Feb , in most situations they may ask have I hols booked which i think saying yes i have two weeks booked in the summer is more acceptable if you get me.

I think I have some kind of deep disgust, fear, confidence fucked from what was said to me with her also, I genuinely have never been so hurt in my life over a situation as i have been with this episode. It has affected me fairly badly so much so not a day has passed that i dont think about it. I dunno maybe deep down i am afraid to look for a job.

there is a few more bits to this story that i havent mentioned. phone calls from a customer ( that i have recorded) that told me so much more
                                                                                                                        Last edited by SatNav; 02-12-14, 23:00.
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Michelle there is no way in the world that your previous employer would enforce a non-compete clause in your situation. Don't even think twice imo.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X