X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pointless Sheep is open.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
      Prefered when they were one fiddy at Tesco.
      Wonder what they will be by/just after christmas.
      Was that for the 2nd generation one?

Ordered one for the brother there Sunday, off amazon, it's Dual sim for some reason.
      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
        Was that for the 2nd generation one?

Ordered one for the brother there Sunday, off amazon, it's Dual sim for some reason.
        link to that?
        I am thinking of getting himself a dual sim, what way does dual work , do they work away together or do you do something to switch to the one you want?
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
          Crunchy coleslaw done.

SPOILER

Enough cabbage to make a bucket of it, only used less than a quarter of each.

3 hours on the oven already @130c, ill give it another hour and have a peak.
          looks fab, i am gonna make that and replace the mayo with fat free fromage frais
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
            link to that?
            I am thinking of getting himself a dual sim, what way does dual work , do they work away together or do you do something to switch to the one you want?
            I think it was wombatman who posted it here earlier, maybe two weeks ago.

Here's the page

As I mentioned, not an iota why or how Dual sim works.
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Watching the replay of primetime. Ronan Lyons is defo a poor man's economist. The amount of times he's used the example of himself as a first time buyer to validate his points is laughable. Sounds like he read the 1st chapter of "How to win every argument" , put the book down and went on the show.
              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

I think it was wombatman who posted it here earlier, maybe two weeks ago.

Here's the page

As I mentioned, not an iota why or how Dual sim works.
                Why would be work phone/personal phone
                airport, lol

Comment

Felt like a tool last week in work. Two fellas down for breakfast and I didn't realise who they were till later on when I was told Van Gerwen and Adrian Lewis were staying in the hotel as they were in some tourney local the night before.

Was one of those.. fuck.. that's who they were moments lol.

Could have had a pic of them for Tony as well.

Comment

Just watched the pilot for The Strain, waited for the all of season 1 to air first so I can binge watch it. Shades of Cronos throughout, obviously due to Guillermo Del Toro.

Liked the fact he wrote the entire season before starting to start shooting filming.
                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I haven't watched it yet, but 'An Alternative Reality: The Football Manager Documentary' debuted today and is available online to watch. I think most of us know what the addiction to the game is like, so it will probably appeal to us all!

Le sport en direct sur L'Équipe. Les informations, résultats et classements de tous les sports. Directs commentés, images et vidéos à regarder et à partager !

Comment

Just watched the pilot for The Strain, waited for the all of season 1 to air first so I can binge watch it. Shades of Cronos throughout, obviously due to Guillermo Del Toro.

Liked the fact he wrote the entire season before starting to start shooting filming.
                        How much battlestar left?

In answer to your question, I have no idea.
                        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 07-10-14, 21:58.
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRRsXxE1KVY

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                            How much battlestar left?

In answer to your question, I have no idea.
                            Battlestar done years ago.
                            Ten series of Stargate, 214 episodes and three movies watched.

Will not be watching Atlantis, or Universe,
                            Because fuck that.
                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I could be knocked down with a feather right about now.

I just finished watching "Joe", good Lord...who gave Nicholas Cage acting lessons ?

Rather than the usual laugh at him trying, i so believed him in this, fantastic film, fantastic story, fantastic characters. Highly recommend it.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

new batch of 30 for 30s starting tonight hopefully available to download quickly, first one about Henry Hill and a point shaving scheme in college basketball, sounds good!
                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                  Anyone watching Scorpion? Pure fluff but entertaining nonetheless. If you like Chuck, you'll dig this.
                                  Seen the first two, 100% pure fluff but wondering does it have the potential to get better as it goes along or will it be canned by episode 10?
                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                    Seen the first two, 100% pure fluff but wondering does it have the potential to get better as it goes along or will it be canned by episode 10?
                                    You seen that flick i was on about yet, Joe ?

If not, get your eyeballs around it, its very very good.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

I rarely frequent here any more just due to less time spent online but funnily when looking for advice on sometime it is generally the first place I think of.

I have a best man speech to do on Wednesday now most peoples advice is to have it long enough to cover the essentials but short enough to keep people interested.

Anyone with experience of delivering best man speeches? I have approximately 1200 words written so estimating about 10 mins for the speech is this ok?

Any advice appreciated

Comment

looking to get training tops/t shirts/jumpers/polos with a crest on them for as cheap as possible. Basically, a Pennys quality t-shirt with a personalized crest on it would be perfectly acceptable. Anyone any recommendations where to go? I recall someone on here having good advice about this before.
                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by redzerdrog View Post
                                          I rarely frequent here any more just due to less time spent online but funnily when looking for advice on sometime it is generally the first place I think of.

I have a best man speech to do on Wednesday now most peoples advice is to have it long enough to cover the essentials but short enough to keep people interested.

Anyone with experience of delivering best man speeches? I have approximately 1200 words written so estimating about 10 mins for the speech is this ok?

Any advice appreciated
                                          I gave someone a step by step guide on here once (think it was 5starpoo) one of the lads who is handy at the mental searches will probably find it a lot quicker than I could

One thing I do remember is I skipped the whole embarrassing story of laddish behaviour by saying all the stories I had made me look much worse than him, 5 cringy minutes cut and made me look jack the lad to the single girls

PS 10 mins is way too long get writing the second draft!
                                          Last edited by Guest; 08-10-14, 00:18.

Comment

Prob is plenty of best man speeches on youtube that you could binge watch to give ideas/confidence.

Comment

Just caught up on the last circa 24 hrs. IPB in great form.

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                              Not watched a full episode of Love/Hate and don't care.

Come at me, bro.
                                              Haven't watched a full episode yet but fully intend on watching the whole series at some point but have yet to hear any spoiler.

I also watched Fight Club for the first time around 2008 and managed to have no idea of the twist.

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                              p.s. Roy Keane is an actual sociopath. Glamourising his worst excesses is frankly shameful.
                                              only an unpassionate person would say that.

SPOILER
                                              not srs

I find it amazing though how Keane can have done what he's done, and still has my utmost respect and admiration. Ma'a Nonu was basically irredeemable in my eyes after what he did to O'Driscoll on the Lions Tour. That one incident was enough for me to only have one opinion on him, and that's that he is an utter scumbag and should have no place in rugby. I appreciate Luis Suarez's talent, but there's no doubt he's a total knacker and as a far as being a reasonable person goes, that ship has sailed. Still a great player, but I'll never see him as 'misunderstood' or 'that being a scumbag craic is in his past'.

Yet with Keane, somehow my mind sees all his shortcomings as mis-placed passion or uses the excuse that either that's the nature of the beast or you'll never win anything with choir boys. I do genuinely think he is different to Suarez and isn't a scumbag at the core (like Suarez is), but there's been more than one incident that should be fairly defining and tough to come back from. Yet not only has Keane come back from it, he still remains at more-or-less 'hero' status.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              Do you economic types ever accurately predict anything?
                                              It's kinda like Cathlocism. It's all vague enough, throw in a bit of your own theory (since no one really knows what's going on, they can't argue with it) and see what happens.

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                              Carrying the greatest information repository in the history of the world around in my pocket is humanities greatest achievement.

Pity I use it mostly for looking at cat gifs.
                                              How many areas have become defunct now that we have the history of all human information at our fingertips 24/7? You'd think that would cover pretty much everything, but I'm struggling to think of examples. It seems like there could be some link between this and Keynes' predication of a 15 hr working week. In theory, when the economy grows, we should have more leisure time and work less hours, but in practice that is not what happened. I would've thought in theory, having constant access to the history of all human intelligence would have far more sweeping results.
                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by redzerdrog View Post

Any advice appreciated

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                I gave someone a step by step guide on here once (think it was 5starpoo) one of the lads who is handy at the mental searches will probably find it a lot quicker than I could

One thing I do remember is I skipped the whole embarrassing story of laddish behaviour by saying all the stories I had made me look much worse than him, 5 cringy minutes cut and made me look jack the lad to the single girls

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

One thing I do remember is I skipped the whole embarrassing story of laddish behaviour by saying all the stories I had made me look much worse than him, 5 cringy minutes cut and made me look jack the lad to the single girls made people a few quid in the sweepstakes

fyp
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Battlestar done years ago.
                                                    Ten series of Stargate, 214 episodes and three movies watched.

Will not be watching Atlantis, or Universe,
                                                    Because fuck that.
                                                    Feck that, watch them, they're awesome

Comment

Series 4 Episode 12 of Boardwalk Empire was some class viewing with so much crammed into 54 minutes of TV. One of the best episodes of any show i've watched.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                        fyp
                                                        Both can be true

Comment

The last wedding i was at, the best man used this.

'I'd like to wish the bride and groom an enjoyable honeymoon in Northern Ireland. Well, i think it was Northern Ireland, because [the groom] said he was going to Bangor for 2 weeks'

The brides father was not impressed at all so i'd probably skip that one

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                            Series 4 Episode 12 of Boardwalk Empire was some class viewing with so much crammed into 54 minutes of TV. One of the best episodes of any show i've watched.
                                                            If only more had of watched.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaD View Post
                                                              If only more had of watched.
                                                              Have the first 4 episodes of Series 5 lined up to watch. Hope it's some good viewing!

Comment

Have the first 4 episodes of Series 5 lined up to watch. Hope it's some good viewing!
                                                                I've been watching them live every Sunday night/Monday morning. Looking forward to Walking Dead being back this weekend too.

Before you watch just make sure you understand the position the show was put in

Comment

I've started to dislike Keane more and more with time. This book will make me actually dislike the guy I used to think of as a legend.
                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                    Even more scarily, his only lose was when he fought up a weight class in brazil, his only time to fight up afaik.
                                                                    His FW record is 24-0, over more than 10 years.

Comment

Reading Keane's book is the same as reading a wimminz celeb gossip mag. Its a male version. Take it for what it is, a money maker cashing in on the stupidity of humans. Everyone would do it if they could.

Doesn't change the fact that he is one of the best. The man is a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaD View Post
                                                                        Reading Keane's book is the same as reading a wimminz celeb gossip mag. Its a male version. Take it for what it is, a money maker cashing in on the stupidity of humans. Everyone would do it if they could.

Doesn't change the fact that he is one of the best. The man is a legend.
                                                                        CHD making sense at 3am, what is this sorcery!!

But I agree, I'm just going to ignore the book and remember what he did for United. Just cos he's taking digs at people now will never ruin that for me. Like you said, it's a cash cow. And why not.

Comment

CHD is a genius Dobby.

Comment

In 1973, Billy Joel released his legendary Piano Man album. Watch the official HD music video for the title track "Piano Man."Listen to Billy Joel: https://b...
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

As big a Roy Keane fan as I am, I still won't be buying his book.
                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Mornin'

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                  The bombs would explode, makes no sense.

Comment

It would also take way longer.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Good point. There's also the possibility that people might not feel its a genuine heartfelt message if it was written on the side of bombs.
                                                                                          Analysis and dissecting of jokes is funnier than the joke 87% of the time.

Traffic at 8:00am onwards is retarded compared to traffic at 7:00am. Don't these cunts realise I have somewhere to be.
                                                                                          Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 08-10-14, 07:53.

Comment

...

Comment

Why does most of the rest of Europe not put flouride in their water? Surely if it is such a great idea our more enlightened European brethren would be all over it? E.g. Denmark, Finland, Norway, Netherlands, Sweden are the archetypal healthy countries yet don't flouridate.

Not doing a conspiracy thing here clearly. But you'd be a lot more confident if it was more widely practiced. It seems like a very old idea, so there has to be some worry that it was a great idea when conceived in the 1950s (in Ireland) but that the science has moved on since.
                                                                                              They do fluoridate, just in different ways. Milk, Salt, or through fluoridation mouthwash programs in school.
                                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

For places like Syria where they might not have affordable 4g plans to access twitter, sometimes an old-fashioned bomb is the best way to spread the good cheer message.
                                                                                                how about slow falling bombs with banners tied to the back (with good will messages), so you get 10 minutes of good cheer messaging before reality hits home?

Comment

'I'd like to wish the bride and groom an enjoyable honeymoon in Northern Ireland. Well, i think it was Northern Ireland, because [the groom] said he was going to Bangor for 2 weeks'

Was at a wedding once and the best man came out with the joke

"What have the Bridesmaids and a KFC Snack box got in common?

Once you take away the legs and breasts all you are left with is a smelly box"

Gold....

Comment

Best man: " As i look around the room today and see the effort everyone went to I must say I see class........working class"
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                      Feck that, watch them, they're awesome
                                                                                                      Didn't like the fact I should have been alternating Season 1+2 Atlantis with 9+10 SG1.

SPOILER
                                                                                                      Felt 9+10 were really weak anyway.
                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                        Was at a wedding once and the best man came out with the joke

"What have the Bridesmaids and a KFC Snack box got in common?

Once you take away the legs and breasts all you are left with is a smelly box"

Gold....
                                                                                                        Pretty classless thing to say at a wedding imo.

Comment

This was my cousin's wedding lol. We laughed so hard when he said it and as Tony said the bride and her father were speechless. I was helping my cousin get ready for the evening reception in my room and she said she did find it funny but the pastor that married them would not have been impressed and she was embarrassed about that. My uncle is an easy going guy but hearing that his daughter is getting "banged" for two weeks was a bit much for him

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                            Even more scarily, his only lose was when he fought up a weight class in brazil, his only time to fight up afaik.
                                                                                                            His FW record is 24-0, over more than 10 years.
                                                                                                            ~2 fights a year, is that standard for UFC? I haven't seen much apart from ultimate figheter
                                                                                                            Didn't like the fact I should have been alternating Season 1+2 Atlantis with 9+10 SG1.

SPOILER
                                                                                                            Felt 9+10 were really weak anyway.
                                                                                                            Yeah feck that, just watch it standalone. Obv they're very different and nothing has a patch on SG1.

Sucks that Universe was cancelled also, wtf world. Robert Carlyle was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                              This was my cousin's wedding lol. We laughed so hard when he said it and as Tony said the bride and her father were speechless. I was helping my cousin get ready for the evening reception in my room and she said she did find it funny but the pastor that married them would not have been impressed and she was embarrassed about that. My uncle is an easy going guy but hearing that his daughter is getting "banged" for two weeks was a bit much for him
                                                                                                              fhihctaj

Comment

I liked a grooms speech which had the line "I'd like to thank Jimmy for the wonderful gift of his beautiful daughter, and assure him I look forward to unwrapping the gift tonight". Could see that sudden nanosecond of kill urge in the dads face before joining in the laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                  ~2 fights a year, is that standard for UFC? I haven't seen much apart from ultimate figheter
                                                                                                                  He fought 6 times in one year prior to the WEC/UFC. He's had time out to recover from an injury too.

3-4 times a year is typical for entry to mid level guys, but champs typically fight 2-3 times due to having longer tougher matches on average.
                                                                                                                  Also the fact that title fights have to be scheduled around the contenders, as opposed to the full availible roster.

Comment

Is it possible to get a mortgage for Irish property from a bank outside Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                      Is it possible to get a mortgage for Irish property from a bank outside Ireland?
                                                                                                                      If you don't live there then pretty certain the answer is no.

Comment

London Wasps RFC changed their name to Wasps RFC in September.

Wasps have just revealed to their fans that they are moving mid season to Coventry. Pro rata refunds available for fans if they're not happy at relocating.

This post, on a fan forum, is one of the best posts I've ever read. Discussing the business side of it, and the murky option that a vulture investor is merely using Wasps as a vehicle to turn a stadium over.

tl;dr Wasps owners are cunts
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Emmet; 08-10-14, 11:08.

Comment

My uncle is an easy going guy but hearing that his daughter is getting "banged" for two weeks was a bit much for him
                                                                                                                          The other night my attention was brought to a horribly crude post, down around the KFC box level but without any of the humor, that appeared on my daughters facebook. It was clear that the lad who posted it was fraped. I've not hinted to her that I saw it but I'm looking forward to the next time I meet the kid whose account it was on to see his face when I tell him to keep a better eye on his facebook account
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X